PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are......

Northern Monkey
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Qualified Psychiatrists in here?Just interested.Or are most on here just jumping on the "Callum is mental" bandwagon?Just wondering how many of these diagnoses are actually accurate in any way.Be honest though.

MatthewS
01-08-2013, 09:02 PM
It's just a message board, I don't think anyone is insinuating that they're dishing out official medical diagnoses...

Northern Monkey
01-08-2013, 09:06 PM
It's just a message board, I don't think anyone is insinuating that they're dishing out official medical diagnoses...

Seems to be so many mental health experts in here it seems.I mean i would'nt presume to offer a medical opinion as i have no prior training.

smeagol
01-08-2013, 09:09 PM
i'm fully qualified and have all the relevant qualifications in the art of sussing out a psycho when i see and hear one lol

my degree was given to me by my imaginary friend who is best friends with the sisters mothers grandfathers step daughters cousins uncles brothers son who once cleaned for a Psychiatrist so i'm fully qualified lol

Ramsay
01-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Yes i am

thesheriff443
01-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I know a dickhead, when I see one.

Northern Monkey
01-08-2013, 09:12 PM
I know a dickhead, when I see one.

Yep,Me too!There is a difference between somebody with mental health issues and "a dickhead" though.

GypsyGoth
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm not only a qualified psychiatrist, I'm an awesome qualified psychiatrist.

And I diagnose Callum mental.

Im_Juz_ChiLLin
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
yes i am qualified and declare Callum Mental......

Toy Soldier
01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Weeell I do have a psychology degree but that's quite a long way from being a qualified psychiatrist, which is a medical profession. I'm not even a "practicing psychologist" :p.

My dad (now retired) worked in mental health for over 30 years, though.

So I'm as unqualified as most, really, slightly more knowledge but all "book learning". That said, I can tell you for a fact that the notion that he has schizophrenia or any other schizoid disorder is utterly ridiculous.

I don't think he's mentally ill. I do have quite a bit of knowledge about (childhood) autism though, and I have mused over the fact that he has a few indications of being on the mild end of the autistic spectrum; his social ability isn't entirely "normal", he's very literal (despite using constant metaphors) and he also occasionally "stims" (self-stimulation when agitated) - he often bounces his leg up and down in the diary room and he does a bit of jaw-clenching at times which can be (although isn't necessarily!) an indicator. He has quite a few hallmarks of someone who is UNdiagnosed with mild autism and has learned social conventions to cover it as he's aged. This may well be what Dan identified as "an awkwardness that he can't put his finger on".

Autism is not a mental illness, though, in my opinion.

GypsyGoth
01-08-2013, 09:30 PM
There we have it, myself and four other qualified psychiatrists in this thread have confirmed Callum is mental.

Kazanne
01-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Qualified Psychiatrists in here?Just interested.Or are most on here just jumping on the "Callum is mental" bandwagon?Just wondering how many of these diagnoses are actually accurate in any way.Be honest though.

I doubt many have left school:hugesmile:

chuff me dizzy
01-08-2013, 09:31 PM
EXACTLY op ... but at the end of this Callum will go on to get a admirable career as a teacher,Dexter will go back to his seedy job as a waiter in a sex club ,,,speaks volumes

Withano
01-08-2013, 09:32 PM
You don't need to be a doctor to know if somebody has a cold, you don't need to be a binman to know when the bins need emptying and you don't need to be a psychiatrist to know to avoid Callum in a dark alley. (though it probably helps.)

MatthewS
01-08-2013, 09:37 PM
lol

LikeABoatOnWater
01-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I used to do social work in Manchester, I met a lot of people over my time, and the last person who worried me as much as Callum has murdered 2 people.

Daffodil
01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
lol @ this thread..making me laugh :)

Livia
01-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I am actually the reincarnation of Sigmund Freud. I like to keep it quiet though.

smeagol
01-08-2013, 10:16 PM
EXACTLY op ... but at the end of this Callum will go on to get a admirable career as a teacher,Dexter will go back to his seedy job as a waiter in a sex club ,,,speaks volumes

i know which job id want lol

he will never work as teacher again after bb. no one would employ him

DanaC
01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Weeell I do have a psychology degree but that's quite a long way from being a qualified psychiatrist, which is a medical profession. I'm not even a "practicing psychologist" :p.

My dad (now retired) worked in mental health for over 30 years, though.

So I'm as unqualified as most, really, slightly more knowledge but all "book learning". That said, I can tell you for a fact that the notion that he has schizophrenia or any other schizoid disorder is utterly ridiculous.

I don't think he's mentally ill. I do have quite a bit of knowledge about (childhood) autism though, and I have mused over the fact that he has a few indications of being on the mild end of the autistic spectrum; his social ability isn't entirely "normal", he's very literal (despite using constant metaphors) and he also occasionally "stims" (self-stimulation when agitated) - he often bounces his leg up and down in the diary room and he does a bit of jaw-clenching at times which can be (although isn't necessarily!) an indicator. He has quite a few hallmarks of someone who is UNdiagnosed with mild autism and has learned social conventions to cover it as he's aged. This may well be what Dan identified as "an awkwardness that he can't put his finger on".

Autism is not a mental illness, though, in my opinion.

Great post!

Johnnyuk123
01-08-2013, 10:23 PM
My therapist says he is a fruit loop.

Johnnyuk123
01-08-2013, 10:25 PM
i'm fully qualified and have all the relevant qualifications in the art of sussing out a psycho when i see and hear one lol

my degree was given to me by my imaginary friend who is best friends with the sisters mothers grandfathers step daughters cousins uncles brothers son who once cleaned for a Psychiatrist so i'm fully qualified lol

:joker::joker::joker:

MilkMaid
01-08-2013, 10:30 PM

:joker: "Waiter in a sex club" is possibly the best phrase I've ever read on this forum (although to be fair that's not much of an accolade given the quality of most posts).

I'd suggest that we interpret his job not as someone who serves drinks and food but one who has waited so long to have sex with one of the 'workers' that it's become his career!

You can imagine his hopeful face each night turning to disappointment as even the least discriminating woman tells him that yet again she's got to rush home to feed her neighbour's cat or wash her hair!

Withano
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
My therapist says he is a fruit loop.

your signiture killed me :joker:

Indy
01-08-2013, 10:52 PM
In that case:

Only licensed beauticians may comment on Gina's weave
Only employed police officers may comment on Dan's suspicions
Only medical doctors may comment on the twin's size
Only licensed speech therapists may comment on Sophie's accent
Only well known and working fashion designers may comment on Emma's dresses