PDA

View Full Version : If Callum really IS mentally unstable...

MilkMaid
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
...as so many of you seem convinced he is, then I must say there isn't much compassion for what is a serious condition.

For example, on another thread here, someone has posted "Get the schizoid *****er out".

Now, if he ISN'T, then is it acceptable to use such terms as an insult?

Or do we only show tolerance to people who are ill if it doesn't affect us in some way? After all, it's okay for them to be ill if their symptoms are convenient to us.

Jemal
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Lol erm.. If i was in that house i would of damaged dexter by now. And im in no way mentally unstable. So i think Callum's doing alright.

Jords
02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Its just damn right pathetic and ignorant of the members that are using such language.

1. If he was mentally ill, then its discriminative and disgusting to throw insults at him about it.

2. If hes not mentally ill, it makes a mockery out of mental illness.

Says more about the members, glad I dont have to meet them :pipe:

Kazanne
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Its just damn right pathetic and ignorant of the members that are using such language.

1. If he was mentally ill, then its discriminative and disgusting to throw insults at him about it.

2. If hes not mentally ill, it makes a mockery out of mental illness.

Says more about the members, glad I dont have to meet them :pipe:

Some of the remarks are down right disgusting,they should be ashamed of themselves and certainly not encouraged,I don't even bother to comment anymore they are devoid of emotion.
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j370/Jezey/Applause%20Clapping%20Excited/Applause-clapping_zps10830ed6.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Jezey/media/Applause%20Clapping%20Excited/Applause-clapping_zps10830ed6.gif.html)

MatthewS
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
So why aren't posts of this nature being taken down and warnings or suspensions being handed out? Isn't this why we have mods?

Kazanne
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
So why aren't posts of this nature being taken down and warnings or suspensions being handed out? Isn't this why we have mods?

:shrug:I really don't know.

Vicky.
02-08-2013, 05:18 PM

Because we cant help people having opinions. Until they cross the line, there is nothing we can do about it. If we deleted every post that was unsavoury, we would have about half the amount of posts that we get.

Vicky.
02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
...as so many of you seem convinced he is, then I must say there isn't much compassion for what is a serious condition.

For example, on another thread here, someone has posted "Get the schizoid *****er out".

Now, if he ISN'T, then is it acceptable to use such terms as an insult?

Or do we only show tolerance to people who are ill if it doesn't affect us in some way? After all, it's okay for them to be ill if their symptoms are convenient to us.

Please report posts like this in future.

We cant help people speculating about his mental state, but using it as an insult in this way (OTT) IS against the rules.

Closing this as its about members.