PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Sam be outside the house?

jegmeister
02-08-2013, 11:53 PM
After all, he was constantly a**se-licking Callum so how did he find a way out to crawl out from his backside and stay in. Sam the mindless follower of Callum shouldn't even be in there.

He can't even hear what people say. Ridiculous to have someone like that in the show. It's tough for someone with a disability but not realistic on a show where communication is so important.

fingers
02-08-2013, 11:56 PM
All of a sudden he has no problem hearing and understanding six people all talking at once.

DanaC
03-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Wow. What a thoroughly unpleasant thread.

Patrick
03-08-2013, 12:06 AM
After all, he was constantly a**se-licking Callum so how did he find a way out to crawl out from his backside and stay in. Sam the mindless follower of Callum shouldn't even be in there.

He can't even hear what people say. Ridiculous to have someone like that in the show. It's tough for someone with a disability but not realistic on a show where communication is so important.

Completely agree.

See I do think people with disabilities should be allowed on the show - Steve Gill, Mikey Hughes - even though they were both dull bastards etc

People like Nikki, Shabhaz, Aaron, Pete etc - All great housemates.

I myself have a mental disability and I would HATE if I got turned down to go on the show, due to that - however, as you pointed out; with a disability that hinders your communication to such a level, to enter a show like this where communication is VITAL, it's mindless and cruel.

dwarling
03-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Err..well sorry if I happened to offend anyone but I thought it was less offensive to people than most of the personal crap I've seen on here.. ok mods!

DanaC
03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
There are many walks of life in which communication is vital, should hearing impaired people be barred from them too?

How about people with mental disabilities that affect their ability to communicate?

Nobody should be barred from taking part on the grounds of disability. Nobody.

If that disability affects their ability to shine then so be it. There is a nomination and voting system. But to suggest they should't be able to try is a backwards step indeed.

smudgie
03-08-2013, 12:29 AM
The funny thing is on lf tonight Charlie is on about how she loves the chats she has with him.
We have also seen him him having great chats with Gina.
He pulled DEXTER up the other night for ignoring him, perhaps the fault lies with the other hm and editing.
He takes part in the tasks Tec, so the only thing he does not do as much as some of the others is bitch.
Great lad, hope he he gets to the final 2 :hugesmile:

dwarling
03-08-2013, 12:38 AM
There are many walks of life in which communication is vital, should hearing impaired people be barred from them too?

How about people with mental disabilities that affect their ability to communicate?

Nobody should be barred from taking part on the grounds of disability. Nobody.

If that disability affects their ability to shine then so be it. There is a nomination and voting system. But to suggest they should't be able to try is a backwards step indeed.

Thank you!..all I tried to say was that if people think that Sam is a fake because of his hearing disability , then that is wrong. To imply that someone with disability is a follower and can't make their own mind up is ridiculous..
I might like or dislike housemates, and I do have a family member that has a mental disabilty,..but to make out that I can't have an opinion on this is a bit harsh I think...my post was deleted..although other personal posts are allowed it seems..I meant no offence at all....Mental health issues are no laughing matter.

dwarling
03-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Just wondering what other forum members think?...

thanks.

smudgie
03-08-2013, 01:16 AM
Just wondering what other forum members think?...

thanks.

I think it is not Sam's deafness that is the problem, it is others people's lack of understanding and patience.
Perhaps Sam going in as a role model is to try and make people more aware of the fact that deaf people are not stupid.
Not being able to hear people talking when he was at the age none deaf people learn to talk makes it very difficult for him to speak exactly the same as others. He does remarkably well considering.

Kris
03-08-2013, 01:26 AM
Wow. What a thoroughly unpleasant thread.

Wow. No kidding.

mr rochester
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
All of a sudden he has no problem hearing and understanding six people all talking at once.

OMG - you might be right!

DanaC
03-08-2013, 01:36 AM
But more than likely not.

jegmeister
03-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Thank you!..all I tried to say was that if people think that Sam is a fake because of his hearing disability , then that is wrong. To imply that someone with disability is a follower and can't make their own mind up is ridiculous..
I might like or dislike housemates, and I do have a family member that has a mental disabilty,..but to make out that I can't have an opinion on this is a bit harsh I think...my post was deleted..although other personal posts are allowed it seems..I meant no offence at all....Mental health issues are no laughing matter.

This is not about mental health but about your ability to communicate. Last night on Live Feed it was clear Sam hadn't heard a conversation that one of the twins thought that he clearly had. He also didn't hear the crowd's reaction last week when he was up for eviction.

This is a tough show. Game playing has now reached new heights. That means that it is very hard for people even with good hearing to take part. I'm afraid it's a simple fact of life on a reality game show and one the producers should have realised.

joeysteele
03-08-2013, 06:57 AM
I think Sam has every right to be on the show and I actually find the opening post rather unpleasant to put is as politely as I can.

He was close to Callum and even that wouldn't be a reason for him not to still be there.
Callum also did say on bbbots that Gina was one who also took the time to understand Sam so it is then hardly surprising he is talking to her.

So I say yes,Sam should still be in there and I now hope he is right to the final too.