PDA

View Full Version : The best series of BBUK since BB7.

PInternet
03-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Tonight's eviction cinched it. Legendary. BB will be around for a long time because of this series. Only thing that can go wrong now is Sam or Sophie winning it.

Jake.
03-08-2013, 02:41 AM
It's good, not too sure about that statement though

swinearefine
03-08-2013, 02:44 AM
It's ****. An improvement over BB12 and BB13, but that's not saying much.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-08-2013, 02:45 AM
really? i think its awful

Maneki-neko
03-08-2013, 02:47 AM
I agree. People who are complaining I don't really understand what exactly you want at this point

JTM45
03-08-2013, 02:47 AM
I just can't grasp why, every year, there's people who claim "this is the best BB ever!!!" when it clearly isn't anywhere near being!
I just don't think any of the C5 era BB's have been particularly great at all.:nono:

swinearefine
03-08-2013, 02:51 AM
I agree. People who are complaining I don't really understand what exactly you want at this point

Just a normal series of Big Brother without constant producer manipulation, contact with the outside world, recycled twists, messing with nominations, or z-list housemates who are already in the media spotlight.

JTM45
03-08-2013, 02:54 AM
Just a normal series of Big Brother without constant producer manipulation, contact with the outside world, recycled twists, messing with nominations, or z-list housemates who are already in the media spotlight.

Spot-on! :thumbs:
People are way too easily impressed if they thought BB14 was anything other than sub-par with a couple of decent housemates.:shrug:

WozMan
03-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Funny, I find the worst one by FAR since Channel 5 took over. The selection of housemates had not ONE Alpha male and only ONE gorgeous single girl, not counting Sallie who had Week 1 Eviction written all over her. Maybe they thought Callum and Dexter were both proper ladies men and would do the deed. Maybe they thought Daleys weak will and with athletic body and Hazels innate horniness would get there.

Then there is the lack of cohesion and backstabbing the group. It ended up just little couplets forming which was weird and their was very little real fun being shown like the cucumber fight which of course ended in tears...

Lwize
03-08-2013, 03:41 AM
I think this has been a good series, soured only by the exhausting love triangle story line.
Having Gina and Dexter on the same series was brilliant casting, and the Ginxster Safe House was award-worthy TV.
I just hope the series finishes strong. A Sam/Sophie/Twins final three would be a disaster.

Macie Lightfoot
03-08-2013, 04:35 AM
It's not even better than BB13 so no.

BigBrotherfan4ever
03-08-2013, 06:11 AM
I think it's been a great series, it's been the best one since it moved to channel 5 ....IMHO

Shaun
03-08-2013, 06:26 AM
not even the best since BB12

oopsimawesome
03-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Like the hatred for Hazel, I just don't get the hatred for C5 BB's. I've enjoyed every civilian series thus far. To me, a good series makes you feel something about the housemates, whether its rage or joy, and C5 has done a bang up job of putting in some fantastic people in the house.
Compared to BBUS, BBUK has been an entertaining ride on some level, for me, since series 5.
Baby Jesus knows there is nothing worse in BBUK history than C4's 4th series...

Shaun
03-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Like the hatred for Hazel, I just don't get the hatred for C5 BB's. I've enjoyed every civilian series thus far. To me, a good series makes you feel something about the housemates, whether its rage or joy, and C5 has done a bang up job of putting in some fantastic people in the house.
Compared to BBUS, BBUK has been an entertaining ride on some level, for me, since series 5.
Baby Jesus knows there is nothing worse in BBUK history than C4's 4th series...

BB11 called, it wants to have a word

BBUKAUSFAN
03-08-2013, 06:46 AM
i like the first few week, then it went down hill for me, the twist are annoying , the housemates are all dull now, and the story lines they try to feed us kill me with so much boredom i ended up just skipping right to the eviction of the show tonight instead of watching the days action! XD

Rob!
03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Wow. People even moan with a great series :bored:

Jemal
03-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Meh.

SSL2012
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM

Agreed

Great series for me.

I'd like to point out, what's so much better about bb13 or 12 in the c5 years??

BB13 was about the ridiculous Deana and her Soldier's rubbish, and Conor and his foul mouth.

BB12 was centered on a romance between Arran and Faye.

BB14 has had all that and much more already.

It's well up there with the C4 era.

Gstar
03-08-2013, 10:40 AM
BB8, 9 and 10 is better.

Rob!
03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Agreed

Great series for me.

I'd like to point out, what's so much better about bb13 or 12 in the c5 years??

BB13 was about the ridiculous Deana and her Soldier's rubbish, and Conor and his foul mouth.

BB12 was centered on a romance between Arran and Faye.

BB14 has had all that and much more already.

It's well up there with the C4 era.

Think you're being a bit kind there - BB12, aside from the Anton thing, was pretty much run by showmances and in the final weeks, that's ALL it was. Aaron and Faye, Jay and Louise, Tom and Alex, and in the early weeks of it Aden and Rebekka.....SO DULL. :sleep:
BB13 was a huge improvement but there was a horrible vibe to it at times and the stuff with that thug Conor was just appalling.
This series has been amazing. My favorite in years. :dance:

SSL2012
03-08-2013, 10:58 AM
This series has been amazing. My favorite in years. :dance:

Absolutely agree. My favourite series for at least 4/5 years.

aman201
03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Tonight's eviction cinched it. Legendary. BB will be around for a long time because of this series. Only thing that can go wrong now is Sam or Sophie winning it.

What was legendary about it? :conf:

And i disagree, too many filler HM's this year.

BB9 and BB13 were definitely better.

anne666
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Worst BB ever for me.

Verbal
03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I just can't grasp why, every year, there's people who claim "this is the best BB ever!!!" when it clearly isn't anywhere near being!
I just don't think any of the C5 era BB's have been particularly great at all.:nono:

Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has them. Something you should probably try getting used to.

JTM45
03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has them. Something you should probably try getting used to.

Extremely original. :bored:
How exactly was i saying that anyone isn't entitled to have their own opinion ?:conf:
Am i not allowed to express my own because that's all i was doing ?

And i'd say arseholes are more like arseholes than opinions!:xyxwave:

SocietyIsRuined
03-08-2013, 12:29 PM
There hasn't been a good series since BB7. Average at best for each one after that. This one is quite boring but not as bad as others.

Scotty07
03-08-2013, 12:59 PM
No. Better than BB7 for me, but maybe the most overrated since BB7. Still two weeks left though and I have still enjoyed it. Would probably place it somewhere around the middle of my BB rankings or maybe a little higher on a me being generous day:hugesmile:, but only because Dexter & Gina are still there.:D Don't mind Hazel, but can't say I would miss her or any of Sophie, Charlie, Sam and Jack & Joe.:idc:

Patrick
03-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Considering it's still neck and neck with BB13, I doubt it.

It's by far better than BB8, BB10, BB11 and BB12 but it's nowhere near better than BB9, which was the last great series to date.

The winner will decide ultimately if it deserves to be higher than BB13 or not.

LikeABoatOnWater
03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
The BB9 love on this forum is insufferable, ive never seen anything quite like it, everywhere else on the internet only hates BB9.

Patrick
03-08-2013, 05:04 PM
The BB9 love on this forum is insufferable, ive never seen anything quite like it, everywhere else on the internet only hates BB9.

It was a good series, and it's over rated.

BB7 is arselicked to death over on DS, BB6 and BB9 are the two series people on this forum hype up. It's just the nature of it.

I'd rather be on a forum were two GOOD series are constantly glorified, than be on a forum like Digital Spy were BB7 is held as the Holy Grail considering it was over rated bollocks.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Worst BB ever for me.

Macie Lightfoot
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
It was a good series, and it's over rated.

BB7 is arselicked to death over on DS, BB6 and BB9 are the two series people on this forum hype up. It's just the nature of it.

I'd rather be on a forum were two GOOD series are constantly glorified, than be on a forum like Digital Spy were BB7 is held as the Holy Grail considering it was over rated bollocks.

alol @ implying that BB7 isn't a good series