PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think Hazel is a "snake"?

urine_luck
03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I saw the incident with Daley and was in two minds about that until hearing he put his hands around her neck and pinned her down. Other than that I haven't seen anything to indicate she's a "snake". What have I missed?

kefln
03-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Hazel made the fatal mistake of flirting - that is an unforgivable error on her part... :joker:

The rest is just smoke and mirrors

Vanessa
03-08-2013, 10:02 AM
I used to think Hazel was a snake, but now i changed my mind. She's very strong and a great housemate. I live the way she stood up for Dexter after Callum tried to get him thrown out.

Jords
03-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Flirting with a lad who had a gf put a lot of people off her, plus the whole sha-bang was not interesting to watch (except "the night").

Seanbon
03-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Flirting with a lad who had a gf put a lot of people off her, plus the whole sha-bang was not interesting to watch (except "the night").

Daley told Hazel,and others,that he was single! Therefore,she was not flirting with a lad who had a gf!?! If he lied,and was still in a relationship,then he is the snake,not Hazel!!!!!

Ellen
03-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Daley told Hazel,and others,that he was single! Therefore,she was not flirting with a lad who had a gf!?! If he lied,and was still in a relationship,then he is the snake,not Hazel!!!!!

Nobody said he wasnt but that is not what the OP asked.

MrWong
03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
This question gets asked at least once a day.

I've come to the conclusion that Hazel fans watch her whilst wearing rose tinted specs.

urine_luck
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
This question gets asked at least once a day.

I've come to the conclusion that Hazel fans watch her whilst wearing rose tinted specs.

I wasn't a "fan" until I got fed up with what appears to be unjustifiable hate towards her. I don't like seeing people picked on for no reason.

MrWong
03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I wasn't a "fan" until I got fed up with what appears to be unjustifiable hate towards her. I don't like seeing people picked on for no reason.

Well of course it looks unjustifiable. You've forgotten the first half of the series.

johnx
03-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Hazel is totally redundant in there-she's beyond bored.If the public wanted to punish her they did the right thing keeping her in.

urine_luck
03-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Well of course it looks unjustifiable. You've forgotten the first half of the series.

Yeah, I didn't really pay attention until the last couple of weeks. I think it was around the Daley incident I really started to watch.

GiRTh
03-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Well of course it looks unjustifiable. You've forgotten the first half of the series.By 'the first half of the series' you actually mean 'a 3-5 day period in the first half of the series'. The flirting and incident was over in less than a week. OK she flirted but Gina used the race card -unjustly - in the very first week. I still dont like Gina but have managed to get over it. Mainly cuz she been so awful since. Hazel hasnt done much wrong since but still her detractors cant get over that 3-5 day period. Quite sad IMO

MrWong
03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
By 'the first half of the series' you actually mean 'a 3-5 day period in the first half of the series'. The flirting and incident was over in less than a week. OK she flirted but Gina used the race card -unjustly - in the very first week. I still dont like Gina but have managed to get over it. Mainly cuz she been so awful since. Hazel hasnt done much wrong since but still her detractors cant get over that 3-5 day period. Quite sad IMO

What's quite sad is that you've reduced her bitchiness to a 3-5 day period.

aman201
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
She slithered onto Daley's penis that's why.

Very snakey.

aman201
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
She slithered onto Daley's penis that's why.

Very snakey.

Vanessa
03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
She's not a snake. She's just very cunning.

Kizzy
03-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Hazel's done really well, been at the centre of most drama in the house too. My tip for the final :D

Kate!
03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Hazel's done really well, been at the centre of most drama in the house too. My tip for the final :D

I really think she can make it, even if she's up next week. Certainly deserves it far more than the twins.

GiRTh
03-08-2013, 12:46 PM
What's quite sad is that you've reduced her bitchiness to a 3-5 day period.You posted 'First half of the series'. I dont recall her bitching being the cause of the hate. In Am I wrong? Dont think so? I'm quite sure the reason for the hate was the Daley incident. In fact since you posted we have a post referring to the Daley incident. ^^^

MrWong
03-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I didn't really pay attention until the last couple of weeks. I think it was around the Daley incident I really started to watch.

Hazel took Sallie's side during the Sallie/Gina row.
Sallie got over it, Hazel didn't and started nomming Gina from then.

Then there was the incident with the VT, where Hazel bare faced lied about what she'd said in front of the group, making out that Gina was the liar. She then took Wolfy off to the toilets for a good old bitch about Gina. Not realising that Gina was listening at the door.

When Gina was in the safe house she heard Hazel bitch about her lifestyle to Daley. She also heard Hazel accuse Charlie of wanting Daley for herself and that she should get a ****ing life. She said similar about Callum, calling him a ****ing prick.

Hazel's become less mouthy as the people she's been closest to have been evicted. Hearing Gina's crowd chants and the popularity task probably has a lot to do with it as well.

MrWong
03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
You posted 'First half of the series'. I dont recall her bitching being the cause of the hate. In Am I wrong? Dont think so? I'm quite sure the reason for the hate was the Daley incident. In fact since you posted we have a post referring to the Daley incident. ^^^

First half of the series is 3-4 weeks. Not 2-5 days. Unless you think the series is a couple of weeks long.

I can't make out the middle of your sentence.

So there's 'a' post referring to the Daley incident :shrug:

GiRTh
03-08-2013, 12:58 PM
First half of the series is 3-4 weeks. Not 2-5 days. Unless you think the series is a couple of weeks long.

I can't make out the middle of your sentence.

So there's 'a' post referring to the Daley incident :shrug: I said '3-5 day period on the first half'. How that translates to I think the series is 4 weeks long is up to you. So I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Jake.
03-08-2013, 01:03 PM
What's quite sad is that you've reduced her bitchiness to a 3-5 day period.

Ah, so it isn't about the flirting now, it's the bitching instead?

MrWong
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Ah, so it isn't about the flirting now, it's the bitching instead?

Huh?

I've always mentioned all of the incidents that could be the cause of the dislike.

It's Hazel's defenders that reduce the dislike to just the flirting. Then they can say 'but she was only a bitch for a few days' :nono:

JayBlaze
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
she's not a snake, but she's definitely a slut

MrWong
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I said '3-5 day period on the first half'. How that translates to I think the series is 4 weeks long is up to you. So I have no idea what you're talking about here.

So you're still sticking with the 'she was only a bitch for 3-5 days' then yeah?

All I can really suggest is that you re-watch the series.

CaudleHalbard
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
I assume some people think she's a snake because they feel she told lies and got another housemate ejected as a result of her lies.

kefln
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Then there was the incident with the VT, where Hazel bare faced lied about what she'd said in front of the group, making out that Gina was the liar. She then took Wolfy off to the toilets for a good old bitch about Gina. Not realising that Gina was listening at the door.

When Gina was in the safe house she heard Hazel bitch about her lifestyle to Daley. She also heard Hazel accuse Charlie of wanting Daley for herself and that she should get a ****ing life. She said similar about Callum, calling him a ****ing prick.

Hazel's become less mouthy as the people she's been closest to have been evicted. Hearing Gina's crowd chants and the popularity task probably has a lot to do with it as well.

Are you talking about Gina, who only really speaks when she wants to bitch?

And if you have a problem with bitching, then you must have a problem with:

Gina
The twins
Hazel
Charlie
Callum
Dex
Dan
Daley
Jackie
Jemima
Salie
Sam
Sophie
Wolfy

Because all of the above have bitched and most have backstabed at some stage...

MrWong
03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Are you talking about Gina, who only really speaks when she wants to bitch?

And if you have a problem with bitching, then you must have a problem with:

Gina
The twins
Hazel
Charlie
Callum
Dex
Dan
Daley
Jackie
Jemima
Salie
Sam
Sophie
Wolfy

Because all of the above have bitched and most have backstabed at some stage...

Er no? Re-read the thread. A poster didn't know what Hazel had done, so I mentioned a few things.

No **** Sherlock.

CaudleHalbard
03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
It has nothing whatsoever to do with bitching. Dan bitched constantly but nobody called him a snake.

It is all about Dazelgate.

GiRTh
03-08-2013, 01:18 PM
So you're still sticking with the 'she was only a bitch for 3-5 days' then yeah?

All I can really suggest is that you re-watch the series.You are the only person I've seen suggest she was voted a snake cuz of the few incidents you've picked. IF that is the case and you honestly thinks she's was voted a snake cuz of those few incidents than I suggest you re-watch the series and re-read the forums and re-watch the spin off shows.

Kyle
03-08-2013, 01:21 PM
It was all over the Daley situation that made it worse plus she does seem to give off a kind of manipulative look sometimes.

She doesn't deserve the snake label even though I don't think she can be trusted.

Jake.
03-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I assume some people think she's a snake because they feel she told lies and got another housemate ejected as a result of her lies.

God just no

MrWong
03-08-2013, 01:22 PM
You are the only person I've seen suggest she was voted a snake cuz of the few incidents you've picked. IF that is the case and you honestly thinks she's was voted a snake cuz of those few incidents than I suggest you re-watch the series and re-read the forums and re-watch the spin off shows.

The poster I replied to mentioned the Daley incident (which also adds to the title of snake) Why would I repeat it?

They hadn't seen the first half of the series and started watching from the Daley incident, so I mentioned **** from the first half.

kefln
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Er no? Re-read the thread. A poster didn't know what Hazel had done, so I mentioned a few things.

No **** Sherlock.

Yes you were trying to "prove" that the dislike for hazel is justified, and not just based on the week she was flirting with daley. That she was bitchy in the couple of weeks leading up to the "incident" is enough of a reason to dislike her.

But that statement doesnt recognise the fact that all the housemates bitch. So in essence she is no worse than the rest.

Plus her composure over the last few weeks more than makes up for a 2 minute bitching session in the toilet nearly two months ago.

Housemates change and adjust as a series progresses. Peoples favourites change and adjust too. But for some, its impossible to let go. Its a variation of the end justifies the means. The dislike is far more important than the reasons why. That is to say, people dislike hazel because she bitches, but if she stops bitching, then they dislike her because she once bitched. Any change of character can be ignored because of the dislike.

CaudleHalbard
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
It has nothing whatsoever to do with bitching. Dan bitched constantly but nobody called him a snake.

God just no

You may not like people having that view but there is no other explanation. Sorry. :)

GiRTh
03-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes you were trying to "prove" that the dislike for hazel is justified, and not just based on the week she was flirting with daley. That she was bitchy in the couple of weeks leading up to the "incident" is enough of a reason to dislike her.

But that statement doesnt recognise the fact that all the housemates bitch. So in essence she is no worse than the rest.

Plus her composure over the last few weeks more than makes up for a 2 minute bitching session in the toilet nearly two months ago.

Housemates change and adjust as a series progresses. Peoples favourites change and adjust too. But for some, its impossible to let go. Its a variation of the end justifies the means. The dislike is far more important than the reasons why. That is to say, people dislike hazel because she bitches, but if she stops bitching, then they dislike her because she once bitched. Any change of character can be ignored because of the dislike.Excellent post.

MrWong
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Housemates change and adjust as a series progresses. Peoples favourites change and adjust too. But for some, its impossible to let go. Its a variation of the end justifies the means. The dislike is far more important than the reasons why. That is to say, people dislike hazel because she bitches, but if she stops bitching, then they dislike her because she once bitched. Any change of character can be ignored because of the dislike.

That's the thing though. She hasn't stopped bitching. It's just reduced as her allies have been booted and since the Gina chants and favourite task.

Just last week she was saying that it probably wouldn't happen but she hoped that Gina would get evicted because she's a spoilt little bitch.

This week she's been bitchy about her mate Charlie, not including her in the people she'd like to meet up with after the show. Then to her face saying she would meet up with her.

Just remembered another reason when she was labelled sly in the early weeks. She was all over Dan, literally. Then dropped him the minute he got nominated. Lots of threads about it at the time. That along with the lying about her VT (when we all saw what she'd said) attributed to the snake title.

rionablue
03-08-2013, 01:53 PM

Callum admitted in his interview last night that he lied through his teeth to get into big brother but of course it was Hazel taken to task. Gina came out all guns blazing for Hazel when she saw her VT and has bitched bitched bitched constantly about her since, mainly to the other housemates or in the diaryroom. Hazel has a right not to 'get' what Gina's lifestyle is about as Hazel works for her money as a model and Gina has everything handed to her. I would feel the same way. The biggest bitch in the house is Gina and if anyone has been looking at the highlights shows with the past week you will see that.

MrWong
03-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Callum admitted in his interview last night that he lied through his teeth to get into big brother but of course it was Hazel taken to task. Gina came out all guns blazing for Hazel when she saw her VT and has bitched bitched bitched constantly about her since, mainly to the other housemates or in the diaryroom. Hazel has a right not to 'get' what Gina's lifestyle is about as Hazel works for her money as a model and Gina has everything handed to her. I would feel the same way. The biggest bitch in the house is Gina and if anyone has been looking at the highlights shows with the past week you will see that.

Callum wasn't taken to task because he had the minerals to admit that he said it. Only Jackie carried on giving him **** for it.

Hazel on the other hand completely denied saying anything on the VT, making Gina out to be a liar, further isolating her from the group and to top it off Hazel takes Wolfy to the toilet to bitch about Gina.

She didn't come out all guns blazing. Callum got roasted first and Hazel asked what was on her VT.

Hazel doesn't just 'not get' Gina's lifestyle. She hates her for it.

anne666
03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I went off Hazel and Daley when they started their showmance purely for the magazine deals IMO.Whatever lack of morals anyone attaches to that re girlfriend is immaterial to me. It is their life to mess up if they wish. If he is a cheat Hazel did his GF a favour. I also did not want to see or hear anything to do with the whole sickly showmance process. Since then she done nothing to offend or inspire me .

Seanbon
03-08-2013, 02:43 PM

I think Daley was ejected because of his actions,nothing to do with anything Hazel said!!

CaudleHalbard
03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I think Daley was ejected because of his actions,nothing to do with anything Hazel said!!

You are having a laugh, as they say?

All Hazel needed to have said is that they were play fighting. Which is the case. Both would have been informally warned and BB would have dropped the matter.

That is what Daley is so angry about and why he has 'slaughtered' Hazel in the media - as the tennis ball said!

pcro
03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
She's done nothing except being good looking and is intelligent. A certain segment of the audience finds that unpardonable.:joker:

CaudleHalbard
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
She's done nothing except being good looking and is intelligent.

Lying in the diary room was the clincher though! ;)

As a glamour model she had a mountain to climb. She fell off it when not even halfway up.

halfacrown
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Still not seeing anything much to like about Hazel. She was involved in a nauseating showmance that went badly wrong. Since then she's kept a low profile. She seems humourless and barely able to tolerate being around the other housemates. Yet people insist that we must all like her: strange.

waylander1973
03-08-2013, 06:05 PM

You are right.

kefln
03-08-2013, 08:30 PM
That's the thing though. She hasn't stopped bitching. It's just reduced as her allies have been booted and since the Gina chants and favourite task.

Just last week she was saying that it probably wouldn't happen but she hoped that Gina would get evicted because she's a spoilt little bitch.

This week she's been bitchy about her mate Charlie, not including her in the people she'd like to meet up with after the show. Then to her face saying she would meet up with her.

Just remembered another reason when she was labelled sly in the early weeks. She was all over Dan, literally. Then dropped him the minute he got nominated. Lots of threads about it at the time. That along with the lying about her VT (when we all saw what she'd said) attributed to the snake title.

Again, shs is no different from any of the rest of them. Callum bitching about dex. Sophie bitching about Sam. Gina about nearly everyone. Wolfy. Dan. Sallie. Jackie on and on about Callum. Charlie nominating callum, despite being one of his closest companions in there.

You seem to have focused on Hazel bitching and ignored the months of bitching by every single housemate.

And did Hazel drop Dan, or did the editing of the show involving hazel at that time just concentrate on the developing daley story? Its hard to really tell. All we really know is that they remained close, right up until they left.

As for the VT? Isnt it normal that a few of them lied, in some shape of form? I mean dexs back story is total fabrication. So why isnt he the snake? He lies, he changes his story, he bitches, hes involved in a fo-mance of sorts, he even claimed to have a gf. But hazel, didnt throw herself on her sword at ginas command, over the vt. She bitched a few times. Therefore she is automatically the worst in there...

Macie Lightfoot
03-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I used to think Hazel was a snake, but now i changed my mind. She's very strong and a great housemate. I live the way she stood up for Dexter after Callum tried to get him thrown out.

alol if it was the other way around you'd still be bitching about how she's a snake for going after your Sexy Dexy and whatnot.

Marsh.
03-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Which makes no sense. Everything that occurred was captured on camera.

Marsh.
03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
I fail to see how, even if she was mainly hated for the Daley stuff, that makes her a snake?

Daley couldn't keep his own snake under control and that's her fault? :shrug: