PDA

View Full Version : Sam: exclusive Sun + interview

alex_front2
20-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I found elsewhere:

The Sun Plus- Exclusive Sam Interview

NB This interview is from the new online The Sun which recently went under a pay wall so here is his interview for "TV Biz"

" Big Brother champ Sam: I’ll go back to work at Debenhams"*

SAM Evans has told how he will go back to work at*Debenhams*— despite pocketing a £100k prize for winning Big Brother.*And despite rolling in cash, he has insisted that he'll still "do a shift or two" at his old workplace - in the stockroom of the popular department store.

*He told TV Biz: "I will go back to work. A couple of shifts now and again, just so I'm keeping myself in a job. But I'd love to do some things regarding TV. I'd definitely take a few opportunities."The generous 23-year-old, who was born with 70-80 per cent hearing loss, has vowed to donate £25k to charity.*Talking about the type of charities he would like to support, he said: "Definitely something to do with hearing aids, or helping children have a better experience in life. I'd like to provide money to a company that can use it to make better hearing aids or invest in speech therapists. So I can give deaf children a better way of life."*

Does Sam think that he will look back on his decision with any regrets in years to come?*He said: "A hundred grand is a lot of money. Even if I give away a generous amount of money, I still have a lot left over.*"I don't think I'd ever regret it as I feel very strongly about it."

*Sam, dubbed the Welsh Harry Styles because of his curly hair, developed a close friendship with housemate Gina Rio, who he has admitted is his type of girl.*But he insisted their relationship was strictly platonic, as she has a boyfriend.*He said: "She gave me a lot of time in the house and we had a good connection and she's a very beautiful woman. I found her really special because she made me feel a lot better in the house.*"I had to keep my distance as she has a boyfriend and I respect that. He's a cool guy, so nothing is going to happen."

Sam's victory, which aired on Channel 5 on Monday night, comes just days before Celebrity Big Brother begins, with stars such as Courtney Stodden, Dustin Diamond and Sophie Anderton rumoured to be entering the house.Sam — who confessed to having a crush on show host Emma Willis — said: "I'd be interested to see one of the Saturdays going on as they are pretty and quite bubbly. I think they'd be quite funny. Jessica Alba - I've really got the hots for her... and Anne Robinson!"

Videostar
20-08-2013, 07:57 PM
*Sam, dubbed the Welsh Harry Styles

LOL :D

alex_front2
20-08-2013, 08:00 PM
I laughed initially when he compared himself to Harry Styles then I realized strategically it was actually a very clever thing to do.

Sounds like maybe he likes Gina quite a bit.

Johnnyuk123
20-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Sam who?

Vicky.
20-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Not much in there :S

And LOL at the going back to work 'despite winning 100k'. He's giving half of it away..I know 50k sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but its not nearly enough to even contemplate giving up work D:

jet
20-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Sam who?

Sam Evans, the boy who beat 13 other contestants (who tried VERY hard when he hardly broke a sweat) and went on to win a whopping £100,000 of course! :hugesmile: :dance:

Kazanne
20-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Sam who?

Well your obviously obsessed with him you've made another silly siggie and its finished:hugesmile:

jackc1806
20-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Surprised they are bothered about it

CaudleHalbard
20-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Well I genuinely hope Sam is able to turn his life around. :)

There, I've said something nice about him. Lol! ;)

Lex
20-08-2013, 08:52 PM
I'll bet it's the first time that the Sun's circulation goes down in years! :whistle:

CaudleHalbard
20-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I know 50k sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but its not nearly enough to even contemplate giving up work

Sounds like he's just going to work occasionally. That £50k will soon vanish..... and he'll be back to square one.

Winkie Expand
20-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Sam who?

Erm, the one in your signature dear. :idc:

Kazanne
20-08-2013, 08:58 PM
At least he made The Sun and not the rag mag Star

Vicky.
20-08-2013, 09:02 PM
At least he made The Sun and not the rag mag Star

I know you mean well but http://i.imgur.com/Lo2Ays6.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Lo2Ays6.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Lo2Ays6.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Lo2Ays6.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Lo2Ays6.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Lo2Ays6.gif

You don't get much lower than the sun

smudgie
20-08-2013, 09:04 PM
50 grand wont go far in this day and age.

He could put it down towards a mortgage I suppose, but he needs to have a job as well.

Vicky.
20-08-2013, 09:06 PM
50 grand wont go far in this day and age.

He could put it down towards a mortgage I suppose, but he needs to have a job as well.

I know its lower as hes giving some away, but I think 100k is very tight tbh. Especially given the prize hasnt changed in years. Everything is more expensive these days. Prize should be at least 250k IMO

smudgie
20-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I know its lower as hes giving some away, but I think 100k is very tight tbh. Especially given the prize hasnt changed in years. Everything is more expensive these days. Prize should be at least 250k IMO

I agree, years at the prize money would have bought you a house in some areas, no chance nowadays.

reece(:
20-08-2013, 09:08 PM
He thinks he's going to get TV opportunities? :joker::joker:

CaudleHalbard
20-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I have always hated the 'winner takes all' prize system. Seems extremely unfair. We need to provide an incentive to fight to get to the final

£100k is more than adequate..... especially for a bellend winner such as we have just had. It used to be £70k not all that many years ago.

Rather than increasing the winner's prize I'd like to see prizes for all the finalists. E.g.

Runner up: £25k
All other finalists: £10k

Assuming 5 in the final this would be a total of £155k.

I am going to make a formal suggestion to BB about this for BB15. Not that I think they will take the slightest bit of notice. lol! ;)

CaudleHalbard
20-08-2013, 09:25 PM
I agree, years at the prize money would have bought you a house in some areas, no chance nowadays.

Believe it or not, Sam could actually buy a small flat for around £50k in his home town of Llanelli!

alex_front2
20-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Caudlehabard no offence but this split will ensure on very poor Hms enter essentially sob stories. We need middle class hm. WORKING class people who are poor would be boring. Some of the most interesting Hm have had good jobs or been from privileged backgrounds e.g bb13 caroline, nasty nick, Stuart bb2, Ginxter, bb6 Derek etc.

Vicky.
20-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah money for all the finalists would just encourage more fencesitting IMO.

smudgie
20-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Believe it or not, Sam could actually buy a small flat for around £50k in his home town of Llanelli!

:shocked: goodness.

That can only be good for him then.

Not even that cheap here in the North East.:joker:

alex_front2
20-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Question for Sam supporters, if he likes Gina as much as he claims, why did he bitchily nominate her just a few week back: "Gina, does your face want some slap". Grrrrrr.

DanaC
20-08-2013, 09:52 PM
So, no disabled, nobody with a cause, and now no working class?

It's starting to sound like a show I wouldn't want to watch.

alex_front2
20-08-2013, 10:15 PM
So, no disabled, nobody with a cause, and now no working class?

It's starting to sound like a show I wouldn't want to watch.

No, I meant not exclusive working class which is what would happen if you split the money. Diversity is best. Often the unexpected inter class friendships make the show.