PDA

View Full Version : Boring or not, Sam has £100,000

Freddythefrog
21-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Well done, well deserved, forgotten some of the others already.

MrWong
21-08-2013, 08:57 AM
He'll always have the 'boring winner' mantle though.

Freddythefrog
21-08-2013, 09:00 AM
I am sure that would bother him.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 09:01 AM
He'll always have the 'boring winner' mantle though.

Boring with a nice big £100,000 on his bank statement....

MrWong
21-08-2013, 09:13 AM

My reply kinda acknowledged that.

You could see in his reaction that Vanessa calling him boring stung.

He better stay away from the internet. Vanessa's comment was mild in comparison.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 09:17 AM
My reply kinda acknowledged that.

You could see in his reaction that Vanessa calling him boring stung.

He better stay away from the internet. Vanessa's comment was mild in comparison.

Yeh true, he wouldn't want to see what faceless people behind a screen of anonymity have to say about him.

MrWong
21-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeh true, he wouldn't want to see what faceless people behind a screen of anonymity have to say about him.

Vanessa was 'faceless' in that he didn't know who the **** she was.

It still stung though.

Natalie.
21-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Good for him, it'll be gone soon though.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Vanessa was 'faceless' in that he didn't know who the **** she was.

It still stung though.

If she wants to fill her life up with following faux celebrities round on various social forums and calling them names/telling them she 'loves' them that's her problem, It's not really something to be proud of is it?

MrWong
21-08-2013, 09:29 AM
If she wants to fill her life up with following faux celebrities round on various social forums and calling them names/telling them she 'loves' them that's her problem, It's not really something to be proud of is it?

Does she do that?

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the point I made.

You think the 100k will soften the blow of being called a bore. Sam's initial reaction to being called it suggests otherwise.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Does she do that?

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the point I made.

You think the 100k will soften the blow of being called a bore. Sam's initial reaction to being called it suggests otherwise.

He will get that but once he gets it in his head those opinions are worth Jack diddly he will be fine.

On the Internet it's easy to be a critic of everything and slag people off,her opinion is her opinion only. She doesn't speak for me or the majority of the public who incidentally picked him to win.

MrWong
21-08-2013, 09:36 AM
He will get that but once he gets it in his head those opinions are worth Jack diddly he will be fine.

On the Internet it's easy to be a critic of everything and slag people off,her opinion is her opinion only. She doesn't speak for me or the majority of the public who incidentally picked him to win.

Her opinion mattered to him for some reason.

Despite not knowing who the **** she is.

What's to say opinions online won't have the same effect/reaction?

HBB1508
21-08-2013, 09:39 AM

I think Mr Wong is talking about Vanessa Feltz and not our lovely Vanessa on TIBB :)

Kyle
21-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Her opinion mattered to him for some reason.

Despite not knowing who the **** she is.

What's to say opinions online won't have the same effect/reaction?

Because it will be getting drilled in him now that this is what you can expect. To be fair if your on twitter your only going to get abuse anyway because for some reason it attracts that type of person.

He would be better off getting off twitter and keeping himself to himself and them the Internet nutjobs will leave him alone when they realise they can't get at him.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 09:41 AM
I think Mr Wong is talking about Vanessa Feltz and not our lovely Vanessa on TIBB :)

Same principle no matter who it was. He won, whoever tweeted him or whatever obviously has an axe to grind cos Dexter was beaten.

karezza
21-08-2013, 09:57 AM

The majority did not vote for him. Do you know what % he got? I think it was about 30%. :nono:

MrWong
21-08-2013, 09:58 AM

I was.

Didn't even realise that Simple Minds was on about our Vanessa :D

MrWong
21-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Because it will be getting drilled in him now that this is what you can expect. To be fair if your on twitter your only going to get abuse anyway because for some reason it attracts that type of person.

He would be better off getting off twitter and keeping himself to himself and them the Internet nutjobs will leave him alone when they realise they can't get at him.

Probably best if he doesn't spend his winnings on a new laptop then :D

Kyle
21-08-2013, 09:59 AM
The majority did not vote for him. Do you know what % he got? I think it was about 30%. :nono:

Enough to beat the rest.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Probably best if he doesn't spend his winnings on a new laptop then :D

Lol in a few days it will all be forgotten anyway and he'll be able to safely resume being on twitter or Facebook or bebo or whatever crap it is.. :joker:

jonny123
21-08-2013, 10:12 AM
The money won't last forever.
But for BB fans he will forever be the most boring winner.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 10:15 AM
The money won't last forever.
But for BB fans he will forever be the most boring winner.

Lol subtle username :joker:

Jesus.
21-08-2013, 10:19 AM

Weren't you disparaging of people who wanted to take a cash prize early?

If so, doesn't the money become irrelevant?

Kyle
21-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Weren't you disparaging of people who wanted to take a cash prize early?

If so, doesn't the money become irrelevant?

Not to him I'm sure he will enjoy whatever percentage he keeps for himself.

And he won it fairly through public voting, I was disparaging of what I thought to be devious ways to take money if your on about that thread I made.

Jesus.
21-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Not to him I'm sure he will enjoy whatever percentage he keeps for himself.

And he won it fairly through public voting, I was disparaging of what I thought to be devious ways to take money if your on about that thread I made.

If the game offers anyone an opportunity to take money before the end, then that is just as justified as the winner taking the prize fund. No one was going to steal it.

I don't begrudge a penny, just like I wouldn't have begrudged anyone taking prize money before the end a penny. It's the shows fault - not the contestants.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 10:32 AM
If the game offers anyone an opportunity to take money before the end, then that is just as justified as the winner taking the prize fund. No one was going to steal it.

I don't begrudge a penny, just like I wouldn't have begrudged anyone taking prize money before the end a penny. It's the shows fault - not the contestants.

We had this discussion when I made the thread and everybody disagreed with me, that's fine. If you want to carry it on fine but I still stick by my opinion that if Big Brother offered a housemate half the prize fund without public consultation it was wrong.

Everyone to a man disagreed with me and that's fair enough.