PDA

View Full Version : Conning the public, is it possible?

Freddythefrog
21-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Many like Dexter have put on an act to win but the public always see through them and pick the better person, Dexter tried but failed.

Indy
21-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Someone who sleeps all day and treats women like pieces of meat convinced a sizable number of people he's just a sweet, innocent, nice guy, so apparently so.

karezza
21-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Dexter was himself. Sam was a horrible fake.

Verbal
21-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Dexter was himself. Sam was a horrible fake.

Seriously? Dexter himself has said through his agent that he was fake

Sam didnt have an agent, although i'm sure he has now

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Sam is the one who conned the public. He's lager lout, but BB has sold him as a nice guy. Believe me, there's nothing nice about an arrogant tosser. :nono:

karezza
21-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Sam perceived by most of the public as nice, sweet genuine.
Sam perceived by me as a horrible, vulgar, sexist, vindictive fake.

reece(:
21-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Sam's just conned the public, so yes.

Ellen
21-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Many like Dexter have put on an act to win but the public always see through them and pick the better person, Dexter tried but failed.

It might take some longer than others but yes they generally see through it, the HM's could see through him from the start & the public was not far behind them.

Northern Monkey
21-08-2013, 01:44 PM
It's actually an interesting OP,Favs and arguments aside.Has anyone actually ever managed to dupe us?I don't think have.Just proves i suppose that gameplans can only get you so far.I think the veil always slips,It's probably too long to keep up the act.

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Sam is the one who conned the public. He's lager lout, but BB has sold him as a nice guy. Believe me, there's nothing nice about an arrogant tosser. :nono:

You have absolutely no solid proof, apart from some desperate story in the Daily Star by a publican who attempted to get exposure for his dump of a pub, that Sam has caused any trouble.

You have 100% proof from Dexter and his so-called "PR reps" that his whole background story is complete and utter bull crap yet you are still calling Sam a con-man. **** me [I won't say the rest or I'll be banned]!

btw, exactly how is Sam an arrogant tosser?

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 02:01 PM
You have absolutely no solid proof, apart from some desperate story in the Daily Star by a publican who attempted to get exposure for his dump of a pub, that Sam has caused any trouble.

Not even Sam's family has denied it. Not even a member on here who knows the publican has denied it.

Let's see if Sam denies it. He's out of the house now and has Twitter at his disposal. He can afford to get a lawyer to put out a public statement and threaten libel. A pound to a penny says he won't! ;)

Cherie
21-08-2013, 02:03 PM
It might take some longer than others but yes they generally see through it, the HM's could see through him from the start & the public was not far behind them.

Same type of HMs who saw through Aaron and put him up every week and said his feelings for Faye weren't genuine, basically each year the HMs put up the biggest threat no difference this year.

JayBlaze
21-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Dexter tried to con the public but strongman Sam prevented devious Dexter from prevailing. Dexter will need to find another way to pay off his massive debts

Tozzie

ok :rolleyes:

Cherie

You have 100% proof from Dexter and his so-called "PR reps" that his whole background story is complete and utter bull crap yet you are still calling Sam a con-man. **** me [I won't say the rest or I'll be banned]!

btw, exactly how is Sam an arrogant tosser?

Are you seriously saying that in these libelous times a publican would risk getting sued??

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Sam is still a yob until proved otherwise! ;)

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:05 PM
At least Dexter beat the evil twins. They're still bitter about it to this day. :joker:

Northern Monkey
21-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Seriously,At Sams age,Who did'nt ever get scratched from a pub?Happened many times for me.Does'nt mean i'm a bad person.We live and we learn.Sam seems extremely well mannered and placid for his age.

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 02:17 PM
At least Dexter beat the evil twins. They're still bitter about it to this day. :joker:

Really? If I were them at 19 years old I would be delighted to take 4th place, they really are up their own arses aren't they.

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Seriously,At Sams age,Who did'nt ever get scratched from a pub?Happened many times for me.Does'nt mean i'm a bad person.We live and we learn.Sam seems extremely well mannered and placid for his age.

what a great term Scratched, when I were a teen we used to call it 'clotched' LOL

smudgie
21-08-2013, 02:21 PM
In my day I got barred.:blush::joker:

karezza
21-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Dexter tried to con the public but strongman Sam prevented devious Dexter from prevailing. Dexter will need to find another way to pay off his massive debts

Sam conned the public. Dexter was himself.
Sam is horrible. Dexter is lovely.
Evil triumphed over good.

Northern Monkey
21-08-2013, 02:24 PM
what a great term Scratched, when I were a teen we used to call it 'clotched' LOL

Lol :)

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Dexter said that whilst they were waiting to hear who had won, Sam completely blanked him and removed his hearing aids."

Wow. Sam really is an arrogant tosser. I was right about him. :mad::mad::mad:

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Are you seriously saying that in these libelous times a publican would risk getting sued??

What I'm saying is the following:

That nobody except those that were in the pub know exactly what happened.

That nobody but the publican and the journalist who took down his quotes knows what was said.

What a person says and what the Daily Star choose to print can be two separate things with many different meanings.

We have already had someone on here saying it was untrue.

Sam has not had a chance to give his side of the story.

There was absolutely no indication in the house that Sam gets loud, obnoxious, rude or violent when drunk yet you are all 100% sure it is the truth..... and that coming from an article in Daily Star!

vs

Dexter who admitted everything he said about his background was a lie.

Dexter's "PR Rep/friend" has also admitted that everything was a lie.

HTH

Cherie
21-08-2013, 02:28 PM
What I'm saying is the following:

That nobody except those that were in the pub know exactly what happened.

That nobody but the publican and the journalist who took down his quotes knows what was said.

What a person says and what the Daily Star choose to print can be two separate things with many different meanings.

We have already had someone on here saying it was untrue.

Sam has not had a chance to give his side of the story.

There was absolutely no indication in the house that Sam gets loud, obnoxious, rude or violent when drunk yet you are all 100% sure it is the truth..... and that coming from an article in Daily Star!

vs

Dexter who admitted everything he said about his background was a lie.

Dexter's "PR Rep/friend" has also admitted that everything was a lie.

HTH

I never said it was 100% true, as we all know journalists can twist things, however it is wrong to say the story is entirely false as there is a named source, that is all I am saying.

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Dexter said that whilst they were waiting to hear who had won, Sam completely blanked him and removed his hearing aids."

Yet gave Dexter a hug and shook his hand when his name was announced as the winner.

Wow. Dexter really is an arrogant lying tosser!

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Yet gave Dexter a hug and shook his hand when his name was announced as the winner.

Sam is a vile bore. Worse winner in the history of the show. :hugesmile:

Patricia4
21-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Sam won the money :dance:

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Sam won the money :dance:

Dexter won the public! :dance:

Vicky.
21-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Alex (bb12) conned the public right until the end. So yes, it is possible.

Ellen
21-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Dexter won diddly squat :dance:

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Dexter won diddly squat :dance:

Dexter is still talked about. Sam is not! :dance:

Cherie
21-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Why would he lie? tbf when they cut to them just after Gina's eviction, it looked incredibly awkward with Sam trying and failing to get into the garden.

Vicky.
21-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Do you think he would have done that had the name announced been the other way round? :p

joeysteele
21-08-2013, 02:37 PM

You have an odd perception of rule of law, people are in fact presumed 'innocent' if accused of something until they are then 'proved' guilty of it.
Not the other way round.

It is actually a crime itself to accuse someone of doing something that they haven't done or something you only 'think' they may have done but have no concrete proof of.

There were though also many tales of Dexter in the same press, are you saying all those tales are competely true as well or are you in fact using selective condemnation unfairly against someone you personally don't care for.

Vanessa
Do you think he would have done that had the name announced been the other way round? :p

Omg! Sam would have blanked Dexter completely if he had won.

Macie Lightfoot
Aaron (bb12) conned the public right until the end. So yes, it is possible.

Yup. And Dexter didn't necessarily con the public (he lost, lol @ Vanessa saying he won the public) but he certainly came close.

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:38 PM

Clearly not as he didn't win did he....... the public voted for Sam!

:crazy:

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:40 PM

I can't comment on that as it didn't happen.

Just as nobody can confirm what Dexter said is the truth as it's only Dexter (apparently) that has said it.

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Dexter is still talked about. Sam is not! :dance:

Errr.... you're still talking about Sam so maybe you want to rethink what you posted?

fingers
21-08-2013, 02:42 PM
You have an odd perception of rule of law, people are in fact presumed 'innocent' if accused of something until they are then 'proved' guilty of it.
Not the other way round.

It is actually a crime itself to accuse someone of doing something that they haven't done or something you only 'think' they may have done but have no concrete proof of.

There were though also many tales of Dexter in the same press, are you saying all those tales are competely true as well or are you in fact using selective condemnation unfairly against someone you personally don't care for.

So we can expect the pub landlord to face charges?

Vicky.
21-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I can't comment on that as it didn't happen.

Just as nobody can confirm what Dexter said is the truth as it's only Dexter (apparently) that has said it.

I'm asking if you think it would have happened. Surely you can give an opinion on something? :laugh:

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Clearly not as he didn't win did he....... the public voted for Sam!

:crazy:

Second place is amazing for someone who was nominated every week.

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Errr.... you're still talking about Sam so maybe you want to rethink what you posted?

It's still all about Dexter! :hugesmile:

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Second place is amazing for someone who was nominated every week.

He wasn't nominated every week.

Vicky.
21-08-2013, 02:46 PM

He was up every week he was eligible to be up. And was nominated everytime he could be nominated too

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 02:47 PM

I actually did get the feeling that Dexter was wanting to talk to Sam whilst they awaited the results as Dexter kept walking up to him but Sam just kept walking away from him, it did strike me as a bit rude, I know they were both under pressure though. It appeared the atmosphere could have been cut with a knife.

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:47 PM

He got 30 nominations.

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I actually did get the feeling that Dexter was wanting to talk to Sam whilst they awaited the results as Dexter kept walking up to him but Sam just kept walking away from him, it did strike me as a bit rude, I know they were both under pressure though. It appeared the atmosphere could have been cut with a knife.

It's no big loss anyway. Sam is an arrogant twat. I wouldn't want to be friends with him either. :hugesmile:

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm asking if you think it would have happened. Surely you can give an opinion on something? :laugh:

No, imo I don't think it would've happened.

Just as I don't think he took out his hearing aids to blank out Dexter. It's all hearsay at this moment in time.

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 02:50 PM
He was up every week he was eligible to be up. And was nominated everytime he could be nominated too

So it wasn't every week then was it.

Cherie
21-08-2013, 02:52 PM
No, imo I don't think it would've happened.

Just as I don't think he took out his hearing aids to blank out Dexter. It's all hearsay at this moment in time.

Just wondering if you recall him being in the DR and saying he switched off his hearing aids if he found people annoying or words to that effect?

joeysteele
21-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Stranger things have happened, I doubt it would happen though.
That isn't the point, it still would have to be proven beyond all doubt that what the landlord has indicated was the full and true events.
Actually it would be interesting to see just what the landlord would actually say in an official statement to the Police that may need to be read in a court.

Somehow I think the wording could well end up a great deal different in such a scenario.

I have lost count at the times people have apparantly said something to the press,then when interviewed away from the press said the press overexaggerated and distorted or added to what they had said.
It is why,I take much that is in the press as more invention than fact most of the time, about just anyone too.

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Just wondering if you recall him being in the DR and saying he switched off his hearing aids if he found people annoying or words to that effect?

That is out of order. And then he has the cheek to call Dexter rude. :nono:

Vicky.
21-08-2013, 02:58 PM

If it was fake, then I assume so

Marmalite
21-08-2013, 03:02 PM

OMG .... he really said that???

So it must be true then.

:bored:

Verbal
21-08-2013, 03:27 PM

If it was fake, then I assume so

Whats Al Murray done now??