PDA

View Full Version : To the fans that like the entertainers?

Mystic Mock
21-08-2013, 03:12 PM
We all need to boycott CBB on Thursday night, it's the one that the producers care about the most so we should teach them a lesson for pushing such an awful winner like Sam on us and refuse to watch the next CBB.

If we keep watching their stuff then they are gonna keep treating us like crap with the winners, I mean we've had first Rylan and now Sam, this has to stop.

Who's with me?

Vicky.
21-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Unless you have a barb box, your opinion doesnt matter when it comes to ratings :p

InsertUserNameHere
21-08-2013, 03:15 PM
There should be a way to get rid of the bores early in the game. I have no idea how they would do it, and if they could, they still wouldn't.

Kyle
21-08-2013, 03:16 PM
We all need to boycott CBB on Thursday night, it's the one that the producers care about the most so we should teach them a lesson for pushing such an awful winner like Sam on us and refuse to watch the next CBB.

If we keep watching their stuff then they are gonna keep treating us like crap with the winners, I mean we've had first Rylan and now Sam, this has to stop.

Who's with me?

Another one man revolution. Go for it I say! :thumbs:

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 03:17 PM
meh, it's only three weeks. i want to see who goes in! :hugesmile:

Verbal
21-08-2013, 03:18 PM

Who's with me?

Does this include you lot leaving the forums as well? If so, I fully endorse this idea.

Fight the power!

reece(:
21-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Boycotting never works.. as long as they're all nutters then a bore won't win anyway :P

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 03:20 PM
@Ed_StarOnSunday is meeting all the celebs yesterday and today, and he tweeted a few minutes ago that there are some surprises who haven't been rumored. I'm excited about that! I wanted some surprises. :amazed:

Kate!
21-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Does this include you lot leaving the forums as well? If so, I fully endorse this idea.

Fight the power!

:hugesmile::hugesmile:

RichardG
21-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I hate that they brought back Vote to Evict but i'm still going to watch the show

sassysocks
21-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Who's with me?

Definition of 'entertaining' is the key here - and surprise, surprise we don't all agree on that one, thankfully.

DanaC
21-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Also: if by any chance they bring in a few really big characters, and everybody boycotts...maybe they'll take a different message from that than the one you intend :P

Withano
21-08-2013, 03:29 PM
All fans like the entertainers. Its just that Some fans understand that everybody finds different things entertaining whilst other fans believe that if they don't hog the attention by being loud an ill mannered, they are not entertaining.

Also even if this thread goes ahead perfectly planned, whats that? minus 100 people out of the 2 million that will watch it anyway. Really? Is this worth anybodies time?

Jake.
21-08-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd still much rather watch CBB than some of the other ****e that's on, but thanks anyway lol

sassysocks
21-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Boycotting never works.. as long as they're all nutters then a bore won't win anyway :P

The law of averages says that the majority of us are 'normal' including the makers of the show - and like attracts like - so why do they insist on putting such a large percentage of 'abnormal' people in there. I don't want to watch misfits and freaks - I want to watch different types of normal people interacting together outside their comfort zone.

In theory that should provide an interesting scenario - but all we get is a circus freak show, with desperado wannabees as performers. It has so gone downhill in a big way.

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 03:45 PM

Fight the power!

what do you mean 'you lot' Cyn

Mitchell
21-08-2013, 03:46 PM

Fight the power!

:elephant:

Verbal
21-08-2013, 03:57 PM
what do you mean 'you lot' Cyn

The fans of 'the entertainers'

DanaC
21-08-2013, 03:58 PM
The law of averages says that the majority of us are 'normal' including the makers of the show - and like attracts like - so why do they insist on putting such a large percentage of 'abnormal' people in there. I don't want to watch misfits and freaks - I want to watch different types of normal people interacting together outside their comfort zone.

In theory that should provide an interesting scenario - but all we get is a circus freak show, with desperado wannabees as performers. It has so gone downhill in a big way.

This^

billy123
21-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh please do boycott.
Go on pleaeaeaeassse.

Northern Monkey
21-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Lol!Sour grapes much?It's only a TV gameshow,Relax and enjoy it already.Does it even matter who wins as long you're entertained whilst watching?Some peeps take this shiz waaay too serious.Even if Gina had won,I would'nt boycott the show.Whoever wins is only a part of the experience.

Mystic Mock
21-08-2013, 05:58 PM

Fight the power!

No as I can just talk on other parts of the Forum.

And let the producers have the dullest CBB ever, without the people that don't like the entertainers being around all the entertainers will be evicted early on and the ratings will sink, and tbh that's what the producers deserve for thinking that everyone is just gonna keep coming back just to be disappointed by the outcome.

Mystic Mock
21-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Unless you have a barb box, your opinion doesnt matter when it comes to ratings :p

The question is does anyone have a Barb Box? I don't know anyone with one, do you?

Indy
21-08-2013, 06:04 PM
They don't want me to watch in the first place, so I'd rather not give them what they want

Mystic Mock
21-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Definition of 'entertaining' is the key here - and surprise, surprise we don't all agree on that one, thankfully.

I'm finding it funny that all the newer members are defending Sam's victory.:joker:

And if you are trying to make out that Sam was entertaining then I've just got to stop watching this show for good because what is wrong with the viewing public if they think that someone that sleeps the series away is entertaining?

Verbal
21-08-2013, 06:07 PM
No as I can just talk on other parts of the Forum.

And let the producers have the dullest CBB ever, without the people that don't like the entertainers being around all the entertainers will be evicted early on and the ratings will sink, and tbh that's what the producers deserve for thinking that everyone is just gonna keep coming back just to be disappointed by the outcome.

Can I have that in writing signed by all Dexter and Gina fans?

Indy
21-08-2013, 06:18 PM

Fight the power!

And people wonder why so many of us don't stick around during the off season :rolleyes:

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 06:18 PM

They usually do put a mix of people in and to be fair why should the ones who some perceive as misfits and freaks not be allowed a shot at winning the money. I guess what you/some people see as a misfit or freak the next person may think they are interesting people. The world today is teaching the importance of equality and that diversity is accepted. I do wonder if there would be a show if they put a selection of 'normal' people in whatever normal may be, because I can see the viewers figures dwindling. A lot of people like to see conflict, confrontation, people perhaps making fools of themselves. I'm not too sure there are many people who want to see people walking round exchanging pleasantries and having intellectual conversations. Of course I realise a lot of people don't suffer fools and I wonder if Big Brother is the show for them. I think Big Brother today is about making money and a lot of money comes from people acting 'not the norm' It could be said that Big Brother are exploiting people.

Verbal
21-08-2013, 06:19 PM
And people wonder why so many of us don't stick around during the off season :rolleyes:

And people wonder why I need a sarcasm sign in my sig

James
21-08-2013, 06:58 PM
If people didn't find the show entertaining they wouldn't watch it.

Which is the same as boycotting.

Scream
21-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Even if everyone on this Forum didn't watch it wouldn't make much difference to the ratings so why are you expecting this to work? The ratings will probably be quite good tbf

jonny123
21-08-2013, 08:10 PM
At the end of the day the Great British public voted for Sam to win..................although I can't for the life of me think why; but they did.

pcro
21-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Utter twaddle. I'm disappointed in the result too but I could easily make a case that producers were pushing for a Dexter win in that he took up about 90 per cent of the screen time the last week of the show.

No, Sam won for the same reason lame winners in the past have won and will win in the future. A plurality of voters, around 33 per cent voted for lame. Simple as that. Dexter very nearly won. If Gina had somehow left the process earlier, Dexter almost certainly would have won as their fan based, one surmises, was very similar. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Dexter was hardly a victim of BB unfairness. Grow up and tune in on Thursday to complain the BB is against your favorite. :joker:

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Utter twaddle. I'm disappointed in the result too but I could easily make a case that producers were pushing for a Dexter win in that he took up about 90 per cent of the screen time the last week of the show.

No, Sam won for the same reason lame winners in the past have won and will win in the future. A plurality of voters, around 33 per cent voted for lame. Simple as that. Dexter very nearly won. If Gina had somehow left the process earlier, Dexter almost certainly would have won as their fan based, one surmises, was very similar. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Dexter was hardly a victim of BB unfairness. Grow up and tune in on Thursday to complain the BB is against your favorite. :joker:

It was always between Sam and Dexter. Gina blew near the end . Sam really is the worse winner the show has ever had. Much worse than Rachel Rice. At least she did something. :joker:

Black Dagger
21-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Meh, I'm looking forward to it, the line-up looks good.

Plus the winner has no concern on my when it comes to CBB as they get paid regardless, I just hope all the entertainers aren't outed first, for a lot of this lineup.. VTS is ESSENTIAL.

Black Dagger
21-08-2013, 09:56 PM

Erm no because I'll be watching the show.

Yeah I was gutted neither won, but the best housemates rarely win, so Sam can have his moment.

the_answers
21-08-2013, 10:21 PM
There should be a way to get rid of the bores early in the game. I have no idea how they would do it,
Vote to save.

the_answers
21-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Yeah I was gutted neither won, but the best housemates rarely win
Isn't that the whole point though ?

Yes the show is great but the outcomes are all a load of old tosh if you ask me.

Who's with me?
Me !
Or at least I won't be voting...

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 01:08 AM

Sure, anything for my fans lol.

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Vote to save.

But vote to save is worse as it saved Conor from eviction in BB13.

And also the producers still cheat the entertainers out on a VTS as well because they just turn the votes into a 1 on 1.

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 01:20 AM
And why are people saying that the winner isn't that important? What's the point of watching 9 to 13 weeks of a show if you're gonna lap up **** winners? The thing is whenever BB14 will be mentioned in the future it's gonna be said that ¨how did Sam win?¨ And do you want to keep wasting your time campaigning for a different outcome again and again just for the ignorant public to still vote wrong in the end despite promising not to every year?

Shaun
22-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Because there have been questionable winners since BB4. BB6 was arguably the greatest series yet and was won by Anthony (the less said, the better)... BB7 had so many ups and downs and yet the constant was that Pete would inevitably win. BB8 was fiery to begin with and then Brian came along and ruined the competition. BB9 was pretty memorable too but not because of Rachel Rice (however nice she was). BB10 ditto for Sophie (who!?).

It just doesn't really matter as much as the rest of the series does.

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 01:40 AM
But the winner is suppose to standout, not be as you correctly put, ¨Sophie who?¨ And I think it's stupid that we're not getting many good winners, if other people want to still try then I wish them the best of luck, but after such a depressing result on Monday I don't think I have it in me to campaign for these unknown celebs.

Novo
22-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Yeah the final is only 1 night and the Winner only has the spotlight for 1 night, the Entertainers have the spotlight for weeks in the show, it would be good to see entertainers win but i've just got use to the fact casual fans outnumber the hardcore fans and they would rather see the boring nice people win rather then the Entertainers, not saying it can't happen but for an entertainer or a gameplayer to win they have to be really unoffensive and have some sort of sob story that Big Brother plays on.. which is why it's even more impressive Aaron came through and won because he was just a normal guy with no backstory and he offended nearly the whole house at different points in the series :joker:

the_answers
22-08-2013, 02:04 AM
But vote to save is worse as it saved Conor from eviction in BB13.
Oh didn't know that.
See your point then !

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Oh didn't know that.
See your point then !

I do see your point as well but Ch5 delibrately want the entertainers out I think.

the_answers
22-08-2013, 02:20 AM
And why are people saying that the winner isn't that important?
Probably because they don't want people to stop watching having voted so much already I guess.
But the winner is suppose to standout, not be as you correctly put, ¨Sophie who?¨ And I think it's stupid that we're not getting many good winners, if other people want to still try then I wish them the best of luck, but after such a depressing result on Monday I don't think I have it in me to campaign for these unknown celebs.
I don't blame you.
Much as I love the show, it's become contrived and some of the edits don't feel fair at all.
There's got to be a line somewhere (and mine is not to vote) or you're just asking to be fed the same rubbish (or result) again and again.

the_answers
22-08-2013, 02:23 AM
I do see your point as well but Ch5 delibrately want the entertainers out I think.
You could be right.
Whether they would survive a whole series without any of them is a different matter though ! (although I guess sex and a "nice smile" often fills a void)
Anyway I'm off, catch you later mate.

Withano
22-08-2013, 01:06 PM
You're all so sensitive.

Sam would have won with or without VTE because his competition was awful people. Most people dislike awful people in entertainment shows and you're gonna have to get used to this.

reece(:
22-08-2013, 01:07 PM
You're all so sensitive.

Sam would have won with or without VTE because his competition was awful people. Most people dislike awful people in entertainment shows and you're gonna have to get used to this.
CelebBB 11: Speidi

Oh...

Tozzie
22-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Oh...

Speidi had me peeping through my fingers a lot of the time :hugesmile:

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Speidi had me peeping through my fingers a lot of the time :hugesmile:

I loved them. Wanted them to win! :amazed::worship:

reece(:
22-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I loved Speidi but they're just the type of "awful" people that are being slated... so it's hypocritical.

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I loved Speidi but they're just the type of "awful" people that are being slated... so it's hypocritical.

They were very entertaining. Hated them at the beginning, but they grew on me big time! :D

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh well, Rylan certainly did well out of that series. ;)

Withano
22-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Oh...

The competition was Hitler or Rylan or something.

reece(:
22-08-2013, 01:43 PM
The competition was Hitler or Rylan or something.
Not the "nice" Claire from Steps or innocent Gillian.... hardly Hitler's.