PDA

View Full Version : Twitter and BB

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I need help! Ok...... don't agree TOO readily with that! :p:D

Twitter seems to have become a big part of BB and indeed other reality shows. Old-fashioned email seems to be dead for these purposes.

I am still not 100% sure how it works. I vaguely understand how hashtags work but it is the messaging I can't get my head around.

When we are asked to send tweets to @BBUK, do we simply send a tweet with @BBUK as the starting text? Or do we have to 'follow' BBUK or get BBUK to follow us or what?

How can we be sure BB gets the tweet?

Thanks. :)

RichardG
21-08-2013, 04:17 PM
When you are sending a tweet directly to someone else, you place an @ symbol infront of their twitter username. So, for example, if BB asks you to tweet them who your favourite housemate is then you would type:

"@bbspy My favourite housemate is..." etc etc

You don't have to be following them for them to receive your tweet, nor do they have to be following you. They will see your tweet appear in their "Mentions" list.

Jack_
21-08-2013, 04:19 PM
If you want someone to see a message on Twitter then type this

@bbuk Gina should have won!

And it'll appear in their 'Mentions'

If you wanted to tweet someone else, just put @ and then their username with no space, followed by your message

Following them just means you can see their tweets, if they follow you they can see your tweets

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys. I just wanted to be sure that they would see my tweet without any following needed..... either way. :)

BB must receive thousands of tweets every day. How on earth do they keep up with them all? :eek:

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 04:41 PM
If you want someone to see a message on Twitter then type this

@bbuk Gina should have won!

And it'll appear in their 'Mentions'

If you wanted to tweet someone else, just put @ and then their username with no space, followed by your message

Following them just means you can see their tweets, if they follow you they can see your tweets

I'm a bit of a novice on twitter but I'm following Dexter, I can't for the life in me get his attention though lmao

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks guys. I just wanted to be sure that they would see my tweet without any following needed..... either way. :)

BB must receive thousands of tweets every day. How on earth do they keep up with them all? :eek:

whats your twitter Caudle

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 04:42 PM
[/B]

I'm a bit of a novice on twitter but I'm following Dexter, I can't for the life in me get his attention though lmao

Me neither, but a lot of people tweet him everyday. He can't answer everyone sadly. :(

anne666
21-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for that. I joined and got completely lost. Do they have any instructions anywhere because I couldn't find them

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 04:44 PM
whats your twitter Caudle

My account is locked. It's for outgoing tweets only. :)

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for that. I joined and got completely lost. Do they have any instructions anywhere because I couldn't find them

Are you new on twitter? It takes a while to get used to it. :hugesmile:

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 04:46 PM

okey kokey no probs

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 04:47 PM

I've been on it a while and I still don't fully understand it, its me age tha nos ;-)

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Me neither, but a lot of people tweet him everyday. He can't answer everyone sadly. :(

A lot of people who have thousands of followers (even Daley Headbutt has 40k!) must be absolutely inundated with tweets. I don't really understand how they manage: it must be overwhelming.

Like getting endless text messages on your phone?

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 04:49 PM
A lot of people who have thousands of followers (even Daley Headbutt has 40k!) must be absolutely inundated with tweets. I don't really understand how they manage: it must be overwhelming.

I have almost 2000 followers and i struggle to keep up sometimes. :joker:

RichardG
21-08-2013, 04:51 PM

Some celebrities have loads. Justin Bieber has 43 million followers... that's 43 million screaming girls bombarding you with tweets every second. I don't know how he copes. :joker:

anne666
21-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Are you new on twitter? It takes a while to get used to it. :hugesmile:

No I joined a while age, but gave up trying to fathom it out. Too old I think !!!

Matt
21-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Note that if your account is locked @BBUK would need to be one of your approved followers for them to see any tweets you address to them.

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I have almost 2000 followers and i struggle to keep up sometimes. :joker:

Blimey - you must either be, secretly, a celeb or lead an interesting life! :)

Can't imagine 200 people wanting to follow me - or even 20. Lol! :(:D

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Blimey - you must either be, secretly, a celeb or lead an interesting life! :)

Can't imagine 200 people wanting to follow me - or even 20. Lol! :(:D

If you follow "team follow back" you can gradually increase your followers. It's easy. You follow them, they follow you. :)

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 05:05 PM
If you follow "team follow back" you can gradually increase your followers.

Sorry Vanessa, I'm a twit with Twitter :o - I've not heard of team follow back.

What is that? :)

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry Vanessa, I'm a twit with Twitter :o - I've not heard of team follow back.

What is that? :)

It's a system to increase your followers. You just follow them and retweet their messages. :)

Tozzie
21-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Some celebrities have loads. Justin Bieber has 43 million followers... that's 43 million screaming girls bombarding you with tweets every second. I don't know how he copes. :joker:

:shocked::shocked::shocked: 43 million?????????????????

CaudleHalbard
21-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Note that if your account is locked @BBUK would need to be one of your approved followers for them to see any tweets you address to them.

Aha! So the tweets I have sent to date will not have been seen by them.

I had a feeling there was a complication. Sounds like the best thing is for me to unlock the account... otherwise it's pretty useless for sending tweets.

Cheers Matt. :)

mizzy25
21-08-2013, 05:47 PM
im on twitter and i just dont get it @ all

Vanessa
21-08-2013, 05:48 PM
im on twitter and i just dont get it @ all

I only go in there to chat about the soaps. :hugesmile:

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 12:09 AM
I think I've kinda got it now......... not 100% sure, though! :joker:

What I say below assumes you are neither following nor being followed by the person you are trying to message by means of a tweet.

When you post a tweet to, for example, @BBUK the tweet appears on your own Twitter page and BBUK would get a notification by means of a "Mention".

They can then look at your tweet but only by going onto your Twitter page? Is this right.... or not!

Still struggling with this - as you can see. Lol! :D

RichardG
22-08-2013, 12:14 AM
I think I've kinda got it now......... not 100% sure, though! :joker:

What I say below assumes you are neither following nor being followed by the person you are trying to message by means of a tweet.

When you post a tweet to, for example, @BBUK the tweet appears on your own Twitter page and BBUK would get a notification by means of a "Mention".

They can then look at your tweet but only by going onto your Twitter page? Is this right.... or not!

Still struggling with this - as you can see. Lol! :D

Assuming you're on the web twitter, you should see this bar at the top of the page.

http://i.imgur.com/WVatr4U.jpg

Every time someone sends bbuk a message, eg: "@bbuk I want Dexter to win!", they can click on the @connect button (used to be called 'Mentions') and they will see your message appear here, along with all the other messages that people have sent them using the @bbuk tag.

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Thank you very much Richard - that is very helpful. :thumbs: :)

So - just to confirm please - the person you've tweeted to does NOT need to look at your Twitter page for the message? They get the tweet on their own page under @Connect?

(I hope this thread is helpful to other struggling with Twitter. Facebook was easy peasy in comparison. Lol! ;) )

RichardG
22-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Thank you very much Richard - that is very helpful. :thumbs: :)

So - just to confirm please - the person you've tweeted to does NOT need to look at your Twitter page for the message? They get the tweet on their own page under @Connect?

(I hope this thread is helpful to other struggling with Twitter. Facebook was easy peasy in comparison. Lol! ;) )

Nope, they don't need to look at your profile to see your tweet to them. Every single @bbuk message they ever receive will be listed under the @connect tab.

EG: here's my most recently received message

http://i.imgur.com/BDkA4mW.jpg

I blurred out his profile pic etc but you get the picture. I don't need to look at his profile to see his tweet to me because it's right there underneath my @Connect tab instead.

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Richard - you are a gem! Ta very much. :)

billy123
22-08-2013, 04:48 AM
There are loads of guides to twitter on youtube. For some reason its one of those things that sounds complicated when you try and explain it but is dead easy when you see it being done.

-4tCn2KTLro