PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch a BB series with 15 or so Sams, Luka As and Rachel Rices?

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 08:14 AM
I can't help but think, if we are all so content with a nice but boring winner, what's the point of putting a load of entertaining but 'nasty' people in there in the first place? As much as I feel more settled that a nice guy won the money, the fact that the housemates are clearly mostly picked on entertainment factor should indicate that the "winner" should be someone entertaining.

This is a thread from DS. It mad me :joker: It's from Teeky pie.

HBB1508
22-08-2013, 08:17 AM
I loved Luke A and voted for him as he made me laugh.
Rachel I liked as she was a good person - I think forfeiting her letter from home got her the win but I so wanted Rex to win that year.
Sam - well enough said on that one.
I guess they need a mix of people to get the best from the series so no I wouldn't watch a series full of the same types.

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 08:18 AM
I loved Luke A and voted for him as he made me laugh.
Rachel I liked as she was a good person - I think forfeiting her letter from home got her the win but I so wanted Rex to win that year.
Sam - well enough said on that one.
I guess they need a mix of people to get the best from the series so no I wouldn't watch a series full of the same types.

Imagine a House full of Sams : tumbleweed! Everyone is sleeping! :joker:

HBB1508
22-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Imagine a House full of Sams : tumbleweed! Everyone is sleeping! :joker:

Including the viewers :joker:

Cherie
22-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I don't know why people say Luke A was a bad winner, even though I wanted Adam to win, anyone of the trio of Deana/Adam/Luke A would have been okay. They were all involved in lots of storylines, so no comparison to he who can't be named really.:devil:

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't know why people say Luke A was a bad winner, even though I wanted Adam to win, anyone of the trio of Deana/Adam/Luke A would have been okay. They were all involved in lots of storylines, so no comparison to he who can't be named really.:devil:

A House full of Sams! Omg! Imagine that! :joker:

Kazanne
22-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Another excuse to bash Sam,fgs cant people get over the fact he WON,he was liked ,lifes tough

smudgie
22-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Another excuse to bash Sam,fgs cant people get over the fact he WON,he was liked ,lifes tough

And a great winner indeed.:hugesmile:

Toy Soldier
22-08-2013, 09:39 AM
No, but would you be able to watch a house full of Dexters, Ginas and Dans? It would give me a migraine.

You need a good mix of personality types for it to work.

Jordan.
22-08-2013, 09:43 AM
These threads have become far more boring than Sam ever was. Let it go.

susie q
22-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Dexter fans still believing that only their view matters. I choose winners for variety different reasons, being entertaining is just one of them. Dexter didnt win DEAL WITH IT!

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Dexter fans still believing that only their view matters. I choose winners for variety different reasons, being entertaining is just one of them. Dexter didnt win DEAL WITH IT!

It's just the thread. It made me laugh. :joker:

Niamh.
22-08-2013, 09:54 AM
No, but would you be able to watch a house full of Dexters, Ginas and Dans? It would give me a migraine.

Yeah I agree with that, it's the variety and personality clashes that make BB interesting

DrunkerThanMoses
22-08-2013, 10:01 AM
You complain about Sam always sleeping, well this thread and constant thread after thread of sam bashing is making me sleepy

Jack_
22-08-2013, 10:08 AM
No and anyone that says they would is lying or doesn't realise just how uninteresting it would be

Would I like to live and be friends with people like them? Sure. Would I like to watch people like them on a TV show? LOL no

Vicky.
22-08-2013, 10:10 AM
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=68144640&postcount=51
Day 28 in the Big Brother House

Sam from BB14 and Gos from BB4 are having a competition....
to see who can sleep on the sofas the longest.
Sam is on the green sofa, Gos is on the orange sofa, snoring very loudly.

Steph from BB4 enters the room with a feather duster and brush & pan and starts sweeping up around them.
Sam wakes briefly, shouts "B*ll*cks!" under his breath in Steph's general direction, then goes back to sleep.

Steph, slightly shaken by Sam's outburst, goes to clean the other side of the room instead.
She opens the hatch and shoves in the feather duster.
A sneeze is heard.
"Oh, sorry Sunitta (BB3), didn't know you were in there. Sorry"

Steph closes the hatch and goes to clean the Diary Room instead.

Laura from BB11 is sat in the bathroom, crying.
Maysoon from BB9 enters and asks her what's wrong.
Laura: "I want to leave. I just can't cope in here"
Maysoon: "Well, it's funny you should say that, but...."

Alice is in the garden.
Alice? Alice? Who the ******* is Alice?

Lee from BB3 is flexing his muscles, trying to impress her.
She's not interested though, so Lee puts the mangle down
and lies down next to Steve from BB11.
After much scratching of the backside,
they start a conversation about the No.32 bus route from Leicester market.
Rivetting!

Luke A from BB13 is in the smoking area smoking his 24th consecutive roll up.

Cameron from BB4 emerges from the vegetable patch.
"I've been to Africa, you know!"

Susie from BB7 (where the hell did she come from?): "Oh, can't say I'd noticed. Do be a good chap and go make us all a lovely cup of tea."

Jonathan from BB7 is still in the secret room.
"Can I come out of here now, or what?"

Kara-Louise from BB8 is in the kitchen stuffing a chicken.
Penny from BB2 is holding an egg, taking one step forward and then one step back whilst uttering "chicken, egg, chicken, egg, chicken, egg" repeatedly...

Cameron comes in and puts the kettle on.

Kara-Louise bursts into tears.

Cameron: "I've not even said anything yet. What's up with you?"

Hira from BB10 is in the bedroom, hiding under the covers.
Nush & Scott from BB4 are sitting on the bed opposite, holding hands, but saying nothing - just staring at Hira.
Awkward! How bizarre!

Back in the living room... Gos has stirred... oh no wait, no, he's gone back to sleep again. Damn!

"This is Big Brother......... Oh forget it, I can't be bothered. Carry on...."

Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode.

Genuinely LOLed at this :laugh2:

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 10:10 AM

The whole thread is hilarious! :joker::joker::joker:

Jack_
22-08-2013, 10:13 AM

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

Brilliant.

HBB1508
22-08-2013, 10:23 AM
:joker: Very good.

Kyle
22-08-2013, 10:28 AM
You can't have a house full of Sam's and you can't have a house of Dexter's when are people going to get it through their thick skulls that voting a person to win doesn't mean you want the whole house to be like them.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall with some people.

Niamh.
22-08-2013, 10:28 AM

That reminded me of BB10 when Charlie (eventhough I hated him mostly) was doing the voice over if Lisa and David were the last two left in the house, it was so funny :laugh:

Vicky.
22-08-2013, 10:40 AM
That reminded me of BB10 when Charlie (eventhough I hated him mostly) was doing the voice over if Lisa and David were the last two left in the house, it was so funny :laugh:

Ha, that made me search for this http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108997&highlight=frosties :D

Niamh.
22-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Ha, that made me search for this http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108997&highlight=frosties :D

:laugh2:

Shamlessly bumping the thread though Vicky :joker:

Bump :spin:

Vicky.
22-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes, I cringe looking back on some of my posts from back then :laugh:

HBB1508
22-08-2013, 11:01 AM

:joker: It's amazing reading that back and remembering all the voices.

jonny123
22-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Three weeks in they should ALL be up for eviction and vote to SAVE. This way anyone who's spend 3 weeks in bed will be out.

And no....I'm not Sam bashing...........yeah ok I am

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Three weeks in they should ALL be up for eviction and vote to SAVE. This way anyone who's spend 3 weeks in bed will be out.

And no....I'm not Sam bashing...........yeah ok I am

:laugh:

joeysteele
22-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes because none of those housemates were involved in false boring love triangles and then bored almost every highlights with daft conversation sof same night after night.
So at least with them, we got no false showmances nonsense.

Northern Monkey
22-08-2013, 12:13 PM

My thoughts exactly.It's good to have all types in there.People will vote for the person they LIKE,To win.The winner is'nt so important though.It's the whole show imo.

Black Dagger
22-08-2013, 12:26 PM

It's bashing Luke A and Rachel as well tbf.

Kyle
22-08-2013, 12:28 PM
It's bashing Luke A and Rachel as well tbf.

We all know who this was aimed at for the most part considering the O.P has already made numerous Sam bashing threads In the last 2 days....

pcro
22-08-2013, 02:46 PM
No I wouldnt want 15 Sams. But then agan I dont want 15 Gina's either. You need a good mix and leave it up to the public. As logn as its a good series throughout, the actual winner doesnt impact me five seconds beyond the announcement. This was a good series for two months with a few minutes of disappointment at the end. I can live with that.

LemonJam
22-08-2013, 03:03 PM
No, but I certainly wouldn't watch one with 15 Dexters/Ginas/Sallies/Anyone from this series tbh either. All the housemates sucked this year.

LemonJam
22-08-2013, 03:04 PM
also Rachel is REALLY nowhere near as boring as everyone makes out.

reece(:
22-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Not in a million years, I'd rather save my electricity bill.

Cherie
22-08-2013, 03:24 PM
No I wouldnt want 15 Sams. But then agan I dont want 15 Gina's either. You need a good mix and leave it up to the public. As logn as its a good series throughout, the actual winner doesnt impact me five seconds beyond the announcement. This was a good series for two months with a few minutes of disappointment at the end. I can live with that.

yup.

Macie Lightfoot
22-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Seriously, this revisionist history is ridiculous. Rachel is NOTHING like Sam and earnt her win, same with Luke A.

Macie Lightfoot
22-08-2013, 04:47 PM

A house with Penny, Lee, Nush, Scott, Susie, Kara-Louise, Hira, Laura, and Luke A would actually be hilarious come to think of it.

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 04:55 PM
While I liked Luke A, I would not want a whole series of Housemates like him and neither would anybody else as would be seen in the ratings.

And would anyone want Sam's and Rachel's in the house again?

Josy
22-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I think the OP is completely pointless tbh, I doubt anyone would be interested in a house full of people the exact same, one of the reasons I watch BB is because we get a wide range of people with completely different personalities flung in to live together in an enclosed space.

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Alright then what did Rachel have about her that was interesting? I can't remember one interesting conversation off her, I can't remember what tastes in any entertainment industry that she had, the only things that we knew that she liked was Grapes and Chickpeas.

So yes she's a terrible winner, at least Sam had likeablity unlike Rachel who pretended that Lisa was bullying her.

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Would you watch a BB series with 15 or so Sams, Luka As and Rachel Rices?

I wouldn't get past launch night! :joker:

Macie Lightfoot
22-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Alright then what did Rachel have about her that was interesting? I can't remember one interesting conversation off her, I can't remember what tastes in any entertainment industry that she had, the only things that we knew that she liked was Grapes and Chickpeas.

So yes she's a terrible winner, at least Sam had likeablity unlike Rachel who pretended that Lisa was bullying her.

Uhhh idk if you even watched BB9 because Rachel is, like, the definition of UTR fun and had one of the greatest journeys in reality TV history. Dealing with relentless **** from just about everyone for daring to be pleasant and not wanting to start arguments, only to righteously slay all of her oppressors and win, it really doesn't get much better than that.

Verbal
22-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I can't help but think, if we are all so content with a nice but boring winner, what's the point of putting a load of entertaining but 'nasty' people in there in the first place? As much as I feel more settled that a nice guy won the money, the fact that the housemates are clearly mostly picked on entertainment factor should indicate that the "winner" should be someone entertaining.

This is a thread from DS. It mad me :joker: It's from Teeky pie.

Let me start by saying that yes I would.

Let me finish by saying that I did find the other housemates entertaining, a bit like a bear in a zoo, or the jeremy kyle show.

I just didn't want to see any of them financially rewarded for being idiots.

Mystic Mock
22-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Uhhh idk if you even watched BB9 because Rachel is, like, the definition of UTR fun and had one of the greatest journeys in reality TV history. Dealing with relentless **** from just about everyone for daring to be pleasant and not wanting to start arguments, only to righteously slay all of her oppressors and win, it really doesn't get much better than that.

I did watch BB9 and it was quite different to how you mentioned it lol.

Redway
22-08-2013, 05:57 PM

This. He got the most votes and won and there have only been one or two (literally) series where the person I wanted to win actually did win. It's just a TV show. :bored:

I'm also getting sick of people basically being told what to like, as if others can't have differing opinions.

pcro
22-08-2013, 05:59 PM

Well, she defied Big Brother and did the washing up when she wasnt supposed to becasue she felt oh so guilty about a haves and have nots task as I recall. So, there's that. :sleep:

LemonJam
22-08-2013, 06:18 PM

from what I remember

- Standing up for Rebecca against Alexandra "MEMBA I TOLD YOU" Gale
- Being a judge in the competition where they have to recreate landmarks out of cake and rewarding Mikey & Kat's team who just took the piss and created a complete ****heap of cake over Rex and Darnells team who actually put in a lot of effort and vaguely looked like the building they were trying to replicate. <3
- Standing her ground and being completely righteous whenever Rex took the piss out of her.
- ****zing the **** out over the most mudane **** (grapes, chickpeas, goldfish)
- Sacrificing her letter from home to get everyone elses and then not letting them know that she sacrificed hers is probably one of the most heartwarming BB moments we've had
- "Are you black, Darnell?"
- When Stuarts self-victimizing himself saying "The public are miscontruing me as arrogant" And Rachel just telling him "Yeah, you are! ^_^" <3

She's just a generally positive, rootable and sometimes endearing character with plenty of content for her to be a decent winner. Hell, I wasn't even a big Rachel fan but she's really not as dire as everyone makes out.

Macie Lightfoot
22-08-2013, 06:26 PM
I did watch BB9 and it was quite different to how you mentioned it lol.

No that's pretty much how it happened, Rachel's win was huge poetic justice and easily the most satisfying outcome of BB9 from a narrative perspective.

karezza
22-08-2013, 06:50 PM
No that's pretty much how it happened, Rachel's win was huge poetic justice and easily the most satisfying outcome of BB9 from a narrative perspective.

Rachel was a terrible housemate. She is dull, insipid, anodyne and boring. She won because the great Rex picked on her a bit. She doesn't have a personality and shouldn't have won.

:nono:

Macie Lightfoot
22-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Rachel has a pleasant personality and that's exactly why she won :)

karezza
22-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Rachel has a pleasant personality and that's exactly why she won :)

She was an appalling housemate. Rex was a great housemate.:nono:

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Rex was robbed. He carried that series. :bawling:

Macie Lightfoot
22-08-2013, 07:58 PM

She was hardly appalling. Especially compared to Rex, who only used completely unwitty insults of "omg Rebecca is fat" "omg Rachel is boring" and "omg Sara is slutty" ad nauseam, was ridiculous misogynistic, and just in general a creepy, gross, sexist sociopath.