PDA

View Full Version : Is Dan able to find a new job he wants?

amu
22-08-2013, 01:25 PM
He stopped beeing a police officer, to get a better job. He probably had the safest future of all of them?(Gina is not rich). Has he gotten any other jobs?, will he be able to go back to the police-force?

Toy Soldier
22-08-2013, 01:30 PM
If he left and could explain his reasons and why he's now committed they would almost certainly take him back, they usually will unless the person has been discharged, because it's a bonus for them to recruit someone who is already trained rather than train a rookie. However, he would almost certainly have to go back in uniform.

That said, being in the police can be a very stressful / traumatic job (a good friend of mine was one and left because he couldn't handle it) and so to be honest, if his heart isn't in it any more, it would be a bad idea for him to do it (or to have carried on doing it) just because it's a stable career. It's not the sort of job you do just for the money.

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Dan wants to be in showbiz.

Sadly he has zero charisma if his BOTS appearances are anything to go by.

He might end up asking to be reinstated into the police. I'm sure they would take him back. :)

alex_front2
22-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Agree he lacks charisma and is too camp to be mainstream but not camp enough to be Graham Norton 2.0

joeysteele
22-08-2013, 01:46 PM
If he left and could explain his reasons and why he's now committed they would almost certainly take him back, they usually will unless the person has been discharged, because it's a bonus for them to recruit someone who is already trained rather than train a rookie. However, he would almost certainly have to go back in uniform.

That said, being in the police can be a very stressful / traumatic job (a good friend of mine was one and left because he couldn't handle it) and so to be honest, if his heart isn't in it any more, it would be a bad idea for him to do it (or to have carried on doing it) just because it's a stable career. It's not the sort of job you do just for the money.

Really good points all through Toy Soldier.

He can take his time, I feel pretty sure he will get offers that he will want to take up, maybe not in the media field he would love to get a chance at but there will be lots of opportunities I think anyway for him.

With his past, his training and his personality too which clearly won him the support of near all his housemates save the awful Wolfy and Jemima.
He would be an asset to any role he takes on now and I believe he will be seen as an asset too.

fingers
22-08-2013, 01:47 PM
There's always Crimewatch, as has been said before!

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I don't know if he was just joking but didn't Rylan say something about finding Dan a job as a production assistant?

Or did I imagine it?

fingers
22-08-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't know if he was just joking but didn't Rylan say something about finding Dan a job as a production assistant?

Or did I imagine it?

Think he said "My Assistant"!

Vanessa
22-08-2013, 01:55 PM

Or did I imagine it?

That would be good for him.

CaudleHalbard
Think he said "My Assistant"!

You're right!

Dan should hold Rylan to that..... assuming someone has told him about it! :D

Tozzie
I wouldn't go back in the police if I were him, his heart clearly isn't in it. If I were him and could afford to I'd take a good break to re-evaluate my life and think about what it is that I really want to do with the rest of my life. I think whatever Dan turns his hand to he will be successful, if he truly wants to do it. Good luck to Dan

CaudleHalbard
22-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Things don't seem to be going too well for Dan, just at the moment - with the break up of his relationship etc.