PDA

View Full Version : Joey - another bore playing dumb?

the truth
18-11-2013, 09:53 PM
cant read a clock? yet has a 1st class degree?
anyone believe him?
or is he taking the jade goody path to attention seeking?
once things for sure that pantomime tonight got him air time and twitter fans who shared in his pain and inability to do the simplest things
you been well coached joey:sleep:

smudgie
18-11-2013, 10:10 PM
cant read a clock? yet has a 1st class degree?
anyone believe him?
or is he taking the jade goody path to attention seeking?
once things for sure that pantomime tonight got him air time and twitter fans who shared in his pain and inability to do the simplest things
you been well coached joey:sleep:

It is quite possible.
My daughter has had difficulty with telling the time when she was younger .
She also has her degree and her masters..so she is far from stupid.
We bought her the big teaching watch when she as little, but she was clueless.
Just some people don't see it or get it.

joeysteele
18-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Oddly enough I don't mind him on 'I'm a Celebrity', he is up for the trials and is a laugh at times too.

the truth
18-11-2013, 11:12 PM
hmmm I don't believe him, lets see how it plays out

Vanessa
18-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah, i like him. He's up for a laugh. :hugesmile:

BigSister
18-11-2013, 11:16 PM
i dont think anyone can play that dumb that long through. I feel like hes not playing a game with thetime

the truth
18-11-2013, 11:40 PM
i dont think anyone can play that dumb that long through. I feel like hes not playing a game with thetime

well if its real and he got a first class degree but cant read a clock, it doesn't say much about our higher education system.......reminds me of the Cambridge graduate on the apprentice who couldn't calculate the change from a tenner

Kizzy
18-11-2013, 11:45 PM
I think the degree thing is a fib, he's only 21 isn't he? He hasn't been studying while on towie :shrug:
He's been great so far on IAC.

smeagol
18-11-2013, 11:49 PM
cant read a clock lol whats to read.
i like to play dumb its good at putting people at ease but reading a clock is going to far lol

Mystic Mock
19-11-2013, 01:46 AM
I've got to be honest I'm not brilliant at looking at the time on a Clock, but what even got me was that he didn't know what the little hand was for which proved to me that he was faking it.

King Gizzard
19-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Thought this said Josy for a minute

thesheriff443
19-11-2013, 06:16 AM
cant read a clock lol whats to read.
i like to play dumb its good at putting people at ease but reading a clock is going to far lol

oh, the dumb thing with you, was an act:shocked:.
players only love you when they are playing:joker:.

he is from Essex and everyone knows they cant act! in Essex.

I like him, in the trials with Mathew, showed he is a nice guy.

thesheriff443
19-11-2013, 06:17 AM
I think the degree thing is a fib, he's only 21 isn't he? He hasn't been studying while on towie :shrug:
He's been great so far on IAC.

im sure he is 23.

nina73
19-11-2013, 08:47 AM
He,s playing it clever got himself more airtime and got closer to the model wat,s her name ...now that's not dumb is it....

Cherie
19-11-2013, 08:59 AM
I thought I would hate him, but I don't.

Niamh.
19-11-2013, 09:08 AM
I thought I would hate him, but I don't.

I actually like him more than I did before he went in but it is annoying when he acts dumb like that, he's clearly playing up to his image, i don't believe that he can't read the time and I don 't believe he thinks "confrontate" is a real word either

Jack_
19-11-2013, 09:18 AM
To be fair, there's people I know that can't read an analogue clock, it seems to be an increasingly common thing nowadays...that people don't learn to tell the time using an actual clock because digital ones are available that do it for you

Having said that, there are also people I know that struggle to understand digital clock hours, so they forget what hour 20:00 is, or 16:00 etc

Learning to tell the time was one of the first things I was ever taught though so I've never understood it :shrug: but the problem is definitely real. Small perhaps, but still real

Niamh.
19-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Do they not teach you to read the time in school though? I remember my son doing it in school a couple of years back

GiRTh
19-11-2013, 09:23 AM
No way Joey Essex has a first class honours degree but thinks Jesus' mother is called Yaysus or whatever the hell it was he said on celebrity juice.. If he's as thick as he tries to come cross then surely he'd have trouble dressing himself. He's definitely lying about something, either the degree or his level of dumbness.

Jack_
19-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Probably yes, but in all honesty I actually can't remember learning it at school. I just know that my parents taught me before I even went to school

I don't think it would really make much difference though, much how some kids don't pay attention to learning other things, this could be the same thing

Jack_
19-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Also yes it's quite likely he's playing on his stupidity because that's his character and what he's famous for (a bit like Charlotte playing up to the 'wet the bed' role on BB which I remember arguing with someone about), he'll have been told by his agent to carry on the persona

I was just making a separate point that this issue in particular might not necessarily be an act, because it's a very real problem

Niamh.
19-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Probably yes, but in all honesty I actually can't remember learning it at school. I just know that my parents taught me before I even went to school

I don't think it would really make much difference though, much how some kids don't pay attention to learning other things, this could be the same thing

hhhmmm I don't know, I don't buy it at all, not just that, stuff he's said on Celebrity Juice as well (as Girth just pointed out) saying he thought a square had six sides and thinking Wales bordered Russia (or something stupid like that) I do think it's part of the TOWIE persona he's playing, so I do think he's probably a sweet guy underneath it somewhere but he's not being 100% himself when he's always got to pretend to be that bit more stupid for the sake of his TV show character

Verbal
19-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Thought this said Josy for a minute

I was coming in here to say exactly that :joker:

GiRTh
19-11-2013, 09:32 AM
uYIVni86Fj8

RIchard and Judy created the world. FFS

So for his degree, did he only study his subject? Did all other knowledge pass him by? This is nonsense.

Jords
19-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Hes stupid/acts stupid which is annoying, but hes pretty funny and down-to-earth. Early favourite but maybe cus of airtime.

Cherie
19-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I actually like him more than I did before he went in but it is annoying when he acts dumb like that, he's clearly playing up to his image, i don't believe that he can't read the time and I don 't believe he thinks "confrontate" is a real word either

I wonder if the Production team asked him to say that, so it fitted in with a slick gag from Ant and Dec.:joker:

Niamh.
19-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I wonder if the Production team asked him to say that, so it fitted in with a slick gag from Ant and Dec.:joker:

I wouldn't be surprised at all, it was obvious that he did it on purpose and actually said it 2 or 3 times in the one sentence.........just incase anyone had missed it the first time :rolleyes:

MTVN
19-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah I refuse to believe he can't tell the time, even if it is a thing some people struggle to learn surely by the age of 23 you'd have had parents/teachers/anyone help you with it and not have your first lesson from a beauty model you've known for 5 minutes teaching you it on a jungle floor with sticks and mud

mizzy25
19-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Maybe he can maybe he cant tell the time, but as someone did point out it got him closer to the model didn't it? I do believe he is a bit thick but maybe playing on it a bit. He seems a nice guy though with insanely white teeth. I quite like him and hes not bad on the eye either.

Niamh.
19-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Maybe he can maybe he cant tell the time, but as someone did point out it got him closer to the model didn't it? I do believe he is a bit thick but maybe playing on it a bit. He seems a nice guy though with insanely white teeth. I quite like him and hes not bad on the eye either.

It did but do you reckon she found the fact that he's a bit stupid attractive? :laugh:

Lee.
19-11-2013, 03:19 PM
I believe he's genuinely thick, but I think he definitely plays up to it.

I actually expected him to be an arse, but so far, I kind of like him!

Tom4784
19-11-2013, 03:23 PM
He's most likely been coached on how to act. I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Lee.
19-11-2013, 03:25 PM
He's most likely been coached on how to act. I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Especially his teeth!

Drew.
19-11-2013, 03:27 PM
He's an alright guy and he's harmless.. He's definitely not the most intelligent person on the planet. He doesn't get embarrassed from having the piss taken out of him on TV so he probably does enjoy the attention he gets due to being thick

Jamesy
19-11-2013, 03:34 PM
You would be surprised at how many people cannot read an analogue clock. I've got loads of friends who can't read one (these are people in their 20s and 30s). Even with it being taught early in education, a lot of those who do not remember it, have digital clocks around them all the time and do not have help usually do end up not knowing how to read one.

Saying that, it's quite easy to learn how to read an analogue clock. I've taught a fair few people in 10 minutes how to read one.

I think Joey is naturally not-so-well-educated but I do think he plays up to it. He knows it grabs attention so probably just plays up even more so he can get more attention. Wouldn't be the first time a celeb has played dumb!

I don't mind him anyway. He doesn't interest me. He's not too in your face. So he doesn't bother me at all.

erinp5
19-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I agree with Ian Hyland

One of showbiz’s most enduring mysteries was finally solved early doors at I’m A *Celebrity when TOWIE refugee Joey Essex admitted he was unable to tell the time.

So now we know why he didn’t realise his 15 minutes was up years ago.

Hey, I’m not having a go at the lad. He’s milked it beautifully. I just wish the fangirls and fanboys at ITV were not so hellbent on making him this year’s star.

I know this show is always ruthlessly edited but Sunday’s opener may as well have been subtitled: “This is Joey. And you WILL vote for him to do the first trial.”

The producers knew Joey’s new verb *“confrontate” would be all over Twitter seconds after he had blurted it out.

So instead of *stopping the tape, pointing out his mistake and getting him to do his line again, the conniving weasels let it go.

Like a Rebecca Adlington tampon, I’m afraid they’re flirting with fire. There’s a huge *difference between having your *shortcomings exposed in front of a few hundred thousand teenage fans on late-night ITV2 and being crowned prince clown of the jungle in front of 13 million prime-time viewers.

Even if Joey’s Norman Wisdom routine is all an elaborate act, I’d hate anyone to think ITV was tacitly encouraging millions of people to ridicule him.

I mean, for a TV network that takes duty of care very seriously, that would be simply not on.

No, I’m sure they’ve got Joey’s best interests at heart. And *hopefully the strong stomach he displayed last night will dissuade any floating voters in future.

Anyway I’m sure ITV just wants him to play his part in the kind of “simple, sweet-natured boy melts the heart of ruthless, career-driven model” jungle love story which worked such a treat back in 2004 with Peter Andre and Katie Price.

Whether a fling for Joey and Katie’s protege Amy Willerton – whose Day Two bra show proved she clearly learned a thing or two from her erstwhile mentor – will capture the public’s *imagination remains to be seen.

I won’t lose any sleep if it doesn’t though. They are the least interesting pair in there. Despite looking a bit dull on paper, their fellow campmates are showing early signs of playing their part in a vintage year.

As he’s an old friend, I can’t really say much about Matthew Wright apart from yes, he does jump around like Tigger and gurn like that in real life.:joker:

More *worryingly, I can also confirm he thinks his shirts are cool and when he mentions having “a last hurrah in a hotel room” you really don’t want to know any further details.

It also goes without saying that with Wrighty’s track record on live TV we must commend ITV’s bravery in letting him loose while so many high profile media investigations/court cases are still ongoing.

Of the other campmates, Steve Davis has made the biggest *positive impression, never more so than during Sunday’s race when his face turned snooker on its head by going for the shiny pink before the bright red.

David Emanuel’s first night bout of *third-person sickness was also a joy to behold as was the deserved savaging it received from Ant & Dec.

As for who I’d like to see joining the camp once tonight’s *annoyingly-timed England v Germany interruption is out of the way, at present there can be only one answer.

A really angry and *disorientated bear demanding to know which joker left an alarm clock in its cave.

PS. Re former Westlife member Kian Egan agonising over how best to describe himself these days.

Unemployed, surely?

PPS Re spin-off show twonk Joe Swash marvelling: “Tampons are so versatile, you can use them for lots of things.”

Yes, Joe. For a start, ITV2 could plonk three of them on studio chairs in the outback and they’d do a much better job than you and your co-hosts

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/im-celebritys-joey-essex-least-2806234#ixzz2l73JXgym
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

chuff me dizzy
19-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Joey lost his Mam aged 10 ,his Dad never sent him to school after that ,so its NOT an act ,and he doesnt deserve to be slagged off

Lee.
19-11-2013, 07:40 PM
He surely learnt to tell the time before he was 10 though??

Mystic Mock
19-11-2013, 07:50 PM
It did but do you reckon she found the fact that he's a bit stupid attractive? :laugh:

If she does then I think I've learnt how to get Models.:joker:

Headie
19-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I remember he was in the papers one time because someone mugged his rolex.

Whatchu need a rolex for if you can't tell the time? LOL it's plain obvious he is faking his 'dumb' act.

erinp5
19-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Joey lost his Mam aged 10 ,his Dad never sent him to school after that ,so its NOT an act ,and he doesnt deserve to be slagged off

He can't be that daft ,Amy manage to teach him how to tell the time using a stick and the dirty on the ground, and she only had 48 hours max to do it .