PDA

View Full Version : 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here': Is it time for a rule change?

cheeky_monkey
20-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Something that has been annoying fans for a while. Quite simply - it is that the same people do the Bushtucker Trials over and over again.

Technically, the viewers only really have themselves to blame; we're the ones voting for the celebrities to be subjected to critters and creeps. But the format of the show means that when we're voting, we haven't really seen enough of the campmates to decide who deserves a bit of a challenge.

Take the last episode, where a large part was devoted to Joey and Matthew's (hilarious) first trial, with little air time granted to the other contestants. Is it any surprise that the people who picked up the most public votes were the people we'd seen the most of? And so Joey and Matthew were put forward for their second trial, which was utterly predictable.

Don't get me wrong - they're easily the two most entertaining celebs on the show. But even saying that feels unfair, because I genuinely have no idea how Steve or Amy or David or Alfonso or Lucy would react while trying to get a bit of kangaroo for camp.

The repetitive nature of Bushtucker Trials can be brilliant. Katie Price eventually throwing in the towel after being nominated for six consecutive trials was enjoyably dramatic. But by last year, when Helen Flanagan was forced to do seven in a row (and was generally rubbish at all of them), things started to feel a little bit tired.

It looks like we're in for the same thing again this year. Joey and Matthew have proved to be brilliantly entertaining during Bushtucker Trials, winding each other up and having just the kind of horrified responses we tend to lap up. That's fine, but when are we going to get to know the other celebrities? Little snatches around the campfire aren't really enough - we need to see them being tested.

The thing is, it's so easy to fix this. All you have to do is introduce a rule which means that once a celebrity has been picked for a trial, they're immune from the next.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s100/im-a-celebrity-uk/news/a532627/im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here-is-it-time-for-a-rule-change.html

Do you agree?

Jordan.
20-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Definitely, I hope for this every year and it never happens.

cheeky_monkey
20-11-2013, 03:59 PM

Same. Hope they change the rules next year but I don't think they will through.

Niamh.
20-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Same. Hope they change the rules next year but I don't think they will through.

X3

Marc
20-11-2013, 05:06 PM
It should happen like this, pretty boring watching Joey and Matthew do them all

Cherie
20-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah I think once a task has been completed, they should be excluded from the vote, more so if they do well which they both did, maybe if they both failed miserably put them back in.

cheeky_monkey
03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
It should happen like this, pretty boring watching Joey and Matthew do them all

I agree! :)

smudgie
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
No.
Because if we vote someone really funny to do the tasks we can vote for them again.:hugesmile:
They nearly all do one eventually by choosing each other the last week or so.

Imagine if someone like Annabel been picked for them all:devil:

reece(:
03-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Definitely but the rule change should not apply to contestants in the vein of Helen, Sinitta or Gillian.