PDA

View Full Version : 'What the hell is she doing in there?' I'm A Celebrity fans vent their fury as Rebec

arista
26-11-2013, 12:36 PM
'What the hell is she doing in there?' I'm A Celebrity fans vent their fury as Rebecca Adlington is exempt from SECOND Bush Tucker Trial for unknown medical issue

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2513554/Im-A-Celebrity-2013-fans-fury-Rebecca-Adlington-exempt-SECOND-Bush-Tucker-Trial.html#ixzz2ll5gRJHQ

Why is she there
ITV would have done checks ?

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 12:37 PM
too right

GiRTh
She's claustrophobic.

Iceman
I didnt know having a gigantic nose was a medical condidtion

Vanessa
26-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Urgh! Waste of a camp mate of she can't do any trials. :nono:

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 12:40 PM
She's claustrophobic.

But why send someone who's claustrophobic in there in the first place? Would people be excused from trials if they said they were arachnophobic?

HD
26-11-2013, 12:47 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOOLOLOLOLOLOL PMSLLLLLLL.

:nono::nono:

GiRTh
26-11-2013, 12:49 PM
But why send someone who's claustrophobic in there in the first place? Would people be excused from trials if they said they were arachnophobic?Good point. I have no answer.

arista
26-11-2013, 12:54 PM
ITV
have to tell us more.

We have never had one like this

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/26/article-2513554-19A6DC7C00000578-95_634x108.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/26/article-2513554-19A30D2900000578-955_634x411.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/26/video-undefined-19A646CC00000578-330_636x358.jpg

MTVN
26-11-2013, 01:03 PM
According to one of the comments on there she has severe claustrophobia and asthma so could have quite bad panic attacks, don't really want to see her do a trial that much anyway so doesn't bother me that much

Iceman
26-11-2013, 01:04 PM
I hope she's first out. It's a pity because I reckon she would have been good at some of trials.

Black Dagger
26-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't know why there is so much rage, it's not like she'd have got any of them anyway, they were too busy voting for that Essex tool even when she could have been potentially picked.

Jack_
26-11-2013, 01:18 PM
I heard she's asthmatic

I'm really not that bothered though cause she'd be dull at them too, Annabel needs to be doing them. God I miss people like Helen and Gillian :sad: this series has proven that the trials are only entertaining when you have some terrified, screaming person having to endure them

joeysteele
26-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Urgh! Waste of a camp mate of she can't do any trials. :nono:

I agree, why put yourself forward even to be on it if there are things you 'really' cannot do.

It is in my view too,as it it yours, unfair that near all others would have to do something if selected for it and no one should be immune from being the viewers possible choice to do all trials.
If they are not willing or cannot do any likely event then they should not be selected to go in at all.

Vanessa
26-11-2013, 01:26 PM
I agree, why put yourself forward even to be on it if there are things you 'really' cannot do.

It is in my view too,as it it yours, unfair that near all others would have to do something if selected for it and no one should be immune from being the viewers possible choice to do all trials.
If they are not willing or cannot do any likely event then they should not be selected to go in at all.

I hope she goes first.

Jake.
26-11-2013, 01:43 PM
She was never going to be picked anyway

Smithy
26-11-2013, 01:51 PM
noone ****ing voting for her shut up complaining :nono:

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Bit rude Smithy

smudgie
26-11-2013, 01:59 PM
As you get invited onto the show, it pays good money and they take any conditions you may have into account, why would you not go on the show.

It is not as if she is the first campmate to be allowed to opt out of trials.

Vanessa
26-11-2013, 01:59 PM
As you get invited onto the show, it pays good money and they take any conditions you may have into account, why would you not go on the show.

It is not as if she is the first campmate to be allowed to opt out of trials.

I think it's not fair on the others.

Smithy
26-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Bit rude Smithy

:hmph:

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 02:03 PM
:hmph:

http://i41.tinypic.com/35ia993.gif

smudgie
26-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I think it's not fair on the others.

I know what you are saying Vanessa, but one of the others may have to opt out of some as well.
Just the way it goes.
She wil be up for most tasks still.:hugesmile:

Vanessa
26-11-2013, 02:05 PM
:joker:

HD
26-11-2013, 02:21 PM

this!

whingebags

Jordan.
26-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Are people really furious over this though?

Saph
26-11-2013, 02:38 PM
as if she would get voted to do a trial anyway

Verbal
26-11-2013, 02:41 PM

How does it feel to be able to make these kind of comments without being infracted or banned?

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 02:42 PM
How does it feel to be able to make these kind of comments without being infracted or banned?

Who was ever Infracted or banned for making a comment similar to this?

Verbal
26-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Who was ever Infracted or banned for making a comment similar to this?

Well I see it as unnecessary and perpetuating bullying to be honest. There was no need. A 'staff member' should be setting a better example.

Watch me get infracted now.

Samm
26-11-2013, 02:44 PM
I like her but she has to start doing some trials

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Well I see it as unnecessary and perpetuating bullying to be honest. There was no need. A 'staff member' should be setting a better example.

So, no answer to the claim you made just then? Thought not.

King Gizzard
26-11-2013, 02:47 PM
If it is claustrophobia then do people who are arachnophobic (alot of people) get exempt from those types of trials? Doubt it

Pointless that's she's even in there, to think she is getting 80k for it

HD
26-11-2013, 02:49 PM

:hello::worship:

Verbal
26-11-2013, 02:50 PM
So, no answer to the claim you made just then? Thought not.

What question? Who has ever been infracted or banned? I don't know, Niamh. My comment however still stands.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 02:56 PM
What question? Who has ever been infracted or banned? I don't know, Niamh. My comment however still stands.

Why say it then? Other people haven't been infracted or banned for saying similar things so what you said is a complete lie and obviously only said to try and make us mods look bad as per usual. As it happens I agree with you, I don't think it's nice to make fun of peoples physical appearance, celebrity or not.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Why say it then? Other people haven't been infracted or banned for saying similar things so what you said is a complete lie and obviously only said to try and make us mods look bad as per usual. As it happens I agree with you, I don't think it's nice to make fun of peoples physical appearance, celebrity or not.

Because, in my opinion if I or another normal registered user made that comment or similar they would be infracted, and quite frankly I would expect them to be.

I dont know if anybody has been infracted or banned for making such comments and I can't be arsed to check. But I have been infracted for far less.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Because, in my opinion if I or another normal registered user made that comment or similar they would be infracted, and quite frankly I would expect them to be.

I dont know if anybody has been infracted or banned for making such comments and I can't be arsed to check. But I have been infracted for far less.

Ok, well i can categorically tell you that wouldn't be the case, just ask these guys............

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240736&highlight=concord+landed

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Ok, well i can categorically tell you that wouldn't be the case, just ask these guys............

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240736&highlight=concord+landed

Defending something by saying look it happens elsewhere too, when you are within your powers to stamp it out? Not really something to proud of there. But ok.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:04 PM
I'd also point out that Smeagol is not a 'staff member' and I assume quite a young lad.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Defending something by saying look it happens elsewhere too, when you are within your powers to stamp it out? Not really something to proud of there. But ok.

I'm not defending anything or anyone, I dislike those type of comments as well but they're not breaking any rules.

I'd also point out that Smeagol is not a 'staff member' and I assume quite a young lad.

Obviously he's not a Staff member if he was, me posting that link would be pretty pointless, i like how you swiftly twist it all to make it us evil mods fault again and make excuses for your buddy though, good work lol

Apple202
26-11-2013, 03:12 PM

preach :worship:

Bit rude Smithy

and this isn't?

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 03:12 PM
People are going to make nasty comments about a celebrity's appearance, it's just one of the downsides of being famous. We don't infract comments about celebrities unless they involve wishing death on them and that sort of thing.

arista
26-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Are people really furious over this though?

Yes they are

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm not defending anything or anyone, I dislike those type of comments as well but they're not breaking any rules.

Obviously he's not a Staff member if he was, me posting that link would be pretty pointless, i like how you swiftly twist it all to make it us evil mods fault again and make excuses for your buddy though, good work lol

My buddy? I don't think i've ever said anything to Smeagol ever, apart from maybe arguing with him during big brother. I think he's probably even reported me at least once.

My point is that there are different standards for 'staff members' and registered users. They both should have been told.

Moderators are the authoritarians of this site, can you imagine if you were at school and the head of year poked his head into the technology lab and said 'did you see that big nosed woman on i'm a celeb last night?'

No is the answer you're looking for

Jordan.
26-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Yes they are

How sad

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 03:16 PM
preach :worship:

and this isn't?

I was joking with Smithy........ Also, Eoin already posted something similar on my wall at the same time have a look at my reply if you like.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 03:21 PM
My buddy? I don't think i've ever said anything to Smeagol ever, apart from maybe arguing with him during big brother. I think he's probably even reported me at least once.

My point is that there are different standards for 'staff members' and registered users. They both should have been told.

Moderators are the authoritarians of this site, can you imagine if you were at school and the head of year poked his head into the technology lab and said 'did you see that big nosed woman on i'm a celeb last night?'

No there isn't, it's not against the rules and neither were infracted. I'm telling you i don't like people making comments like that either but it's not against the rules. Also, we're not at school so I don't your point here

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:24 PM
No there isn't, it's not against the rules and neither were infracted. I'm telling you i don't like people making comments like that either but it's not against the rules. Also, we're not at school so I don't your point here

Bullying is not against the rules? What if someone read that that has self image issues?

Mentioning school was an analogy, Niamh.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Bullying is not against the rules? What if someone read that that has self image issues?

Mentioning school was an analogy, Niamh.

I tell you what, why don't you re read the forum rules and any amendments you propose talk to admin about them?

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I tell you what, why don't you re read the forum rules and any amendments you propose talk to admin about them?

Because it is not my job to do so. I am not in a position of power on here and have no intention of being.

I am merely pointing out an injustice, and why I think that comment was out of order. There really is no need to take it personally. I made my point and you keep going on about it taking sarcy little shots at me. Cyber bullying can take many forms, and whilst I am not suggesting the person who made the comment is cyber bullying in any way whatsoever, I am making the point that someone could read that who has similiar issues and take it personally, and it could upset them.

With children on here, that is a very dangerous road to go down.

End of point.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Because it is not my job to do so. I am not in a position of power on here and have no intention of being.

I am merely pointing out an injustice, and why I think that comment was out of order. There really is no need to take it personally. I made my point and you keep going on about it taking sarcy little shots at me. Cyber bullying can take many forms, and whilst I am not suggesting the person who made the comment is cyber bullying in any way whatsoever, I am making the point that someone could read that who has similiar issues and take it personally, and it could upset them.

With children on here, that is a very dangerous road to go down.

End of point.

You're the one who wants to change the rules though, so you're telling me you'd rather have a go at me and tell lies about us mods then actually try and change something you feel so passionately about? fair enough.

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Oh there's different standards is there? Please give me some evidence of this, oh wait you can't because you're just making wild (and wrong) guesses and presenting them as fact like EVERYONE that has ever accused us of bias in the past. You're just looking for reasons to paint us as the bad guys.

We get a load of **** if we make mistakes, just because we don't personally inform you of every coming and going of this website doesn't mean that the mods don't face consequences for their actions.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:37 PM
You're the one who wants to change the rules though, so you're telling me you'd rather have a go at me and tell lies about us mods then actually try and change something you feel so passionately about? fair enough.

How on earth am I having a go at you? How on earth am I telling lies? I have pointed out why I think that comment is out of order and that a person who is in authority on here should not be making comments like that. Thats all i've done. You are the one who has taken it personally and decided to challenge me for god knows how long.

I am changing something, I am raising these points, and will continue to do so no matter how much stick I get and no matter how much people ignore me. Because I am a grown man, and don't give a monkeys chuff.

If I was 13 years old and read that or many comments on here like that it WOULD have upset me and made me feel like ****.

Saying these comments are allowed because its aimed at celebrities is a cop out.

Look at the bigger picture and stop digging at me.

Lee.
26-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Verbal, if it's the children you're worried about, you should change your sig.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Oh there's different standards is there? Please give me some evidence of this, oh wait you can't because you're just making wild (and wrong) guesses and presenting them as fact like EVERYONE that has ever accused us of bias in the past. You're just looking for reasons to paint us as the bad guys.

We get a load of **** if we make mistakes, just because we don't personally inform you of every coming and going of this website doesn't mean that the mods don't face consequences for their actions.

I am saying that there should be different standards for moderators and registered users, as I assume that the majority of, if not all of the moderators are of adult age. They all should keep in mind things that could potentially upset vulnerable people, namely in this case, children.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:40 PM

I am not in a position of authority, its been allowed, its not attacking anybody. I am not having a go at any body issues that any body might have. It is merely a foul mouthed parody. Not even on the same level.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Next...

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Touché :pipe:

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 03:43 PM
I am saying that there should be different standards for moderators and registered users, as I assume that the majority of, if not all of the moderators are of adult age. They all should keep in mind things that could potentially upset vulnerable people, namely in this case, children.

If someone is offended by something, they can report it and we'll judge whether or not it's against the rules. It's not our job to be online parents, we are mods, nothing more, nothing less.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:44 PM
If someone is offended by something, they can report it and we'll judge whether or not it's against the rules. It's not our job to be online parents, we are mods, nothing more, nothing less.

13 year olds are allowed on here, i'm afraid it is.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Also being offended by and emotionally upset by something are two very different things.

King Gizzard
26-11-2013, 03:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Uoh4M4v.gif

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 03:57 PM
13 year olds are allowed on here, i'm afraid it is.

No, it's down to their parents or guardians to monitor their online use and judge whether or not Tibb is suitable for them. If you do have any issues with the way we run things you could try to do something about it and contact the admin with any suggestions or enquiries you may have.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 03:59 PM
http://cyberbrethren.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/missingthepoint.png

They are not even on the same level, you've got to laugh. Also I am not a moderator. My point was a moderator should not be making these kind of posts.

Its also funny that not one of you have made a complaint about my avatar, which blatantly has a swear word right across it.

Petty point scoring over a genuine and serious issue that I have pointed out. But hey its against a mod, so all gang up to defend it.

*Previous grumpy cat avatar and current sig pic

HD
26-11-2013, 04:03 PM
I've never seen so many mods in the same place before :joker:

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Again, if you have any REAL issues you can always discuss it with an admin :hugesmile:

smeagol
26-11-2013, 04:04 PM

lol careful humour shall not be tolerated lol

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:04 PM
No, it's down to their parents or guardians to monitor their online use and judge whether or not Tibb is suitable for them. If you do have any issues with the way we run things you could try to do something about it and contact the admin with any suggestions or enquiries you may have.

Well clearly, there are children whose parents don't or are unable to monitor their children's online activity. Children these days can and will run rings around their parents with technology. You as mods, as people who have more than a slight grasp of these things, have a moral responsibility to not let these things grow.

When such comments are made the people who make them should be lambasted publicly for it, by a moderator explaining exactly why. So that an example can be set for the younger members. I myself have calmly and effectively put a few children on here in their place for making comments that they should not be making. That really should be your job.

arista
26-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I've never seen so many mods in the same place before :joker:

Like a Mega Choc cake

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Well clearly, there are children whose parents don't or are unable to monitor their children's online activity. Children these days can and will run rings around their parents with technology. You as mods, as people who have more than a slight grasp of these things, have a moral responsibility to not let these things grow.

When such comments are made the people who make them should be lambasted publicly for it, by a moderator explaining exactly why. So that an example can be set for the younger members. I myself have calmly and effectively put a few children on here in their place for making comments that they should not be making. That really should be your job.

Kids who have the free run of the World Wide Web can access hardcore, violent pornography.. And you're worried about then reading some comment about a big nose?? Come on!!

Jordan.
26-11-2013, 04:07 PM
We best all stop posting opinions, don't wanna upset anyone who might be reading http://i.imgur.com/QWY2By2.gif

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:09 PM
We best all stop posting opinions, don't wanna upset anyone who might be reading http://i.imgur.com/QWY2By2.gif

This whole forum is covered in eggshells! No matter what is discussed, there's always somebody with a complaint!

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 04:09 PM

http://cyberbrethren.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/missingthepoint.png

They are not even on the same level, you've got to laugh. Also I am not a moderator. My point was a moderator should not be making these kind of posts.

Its also funny that not one of you have made a complaint about my avatar, which blatantly has a swear word right across it.

Petty point scoring over a genuine and serious issue that I have pointed out. But hey its against a mod, so all gang up to defend it.

*Previous grumpy cat avatar and current sig pic

I don't see a swear word in your avatar :conf:

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 04:10 PM

We take your grievances seriously, please contact an admin if you have any legitimate issues with the mods. :hugesmile:

HD
26-11-2013, 04:11 PM
I've always found it odd that a forum for Big Brother has frowned upon swear words...

I guess that's a whole other topic :joker:

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I've always found it odd that a forum for Big Brother has frowned upon swear words...

Yeah, again that's an admin decision, most of us disagree with having a swear filter but there you go, they're the rules

HD
26-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah, again that's an admin decision, most of us disagree with having a swear filter but there you go, they're the rules

My post wasn't a dig at the moderators by the way...

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 04:15 PM
My post wasn't a dig at the moderators by the way...

I know :laugh:

smeagol
26-11-2013, 04:15 PM

ok what am i being blamed for now lol i wasn't even here
but bless you if you think im a teen . lol i do act about 12 i guess lol

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Kids who have the free run of the World Wide Web can access hardcore, violent pornography.. And you're worried about then reading some comment about a big nose?? Come on!!

Whether children have access to pornography is not and should not be the concern of anybody on here, that quite rightly is not a problem or responsibility of moderators.

However, whilst registered and using this site, moderators are for want of a better phrase, online guardians.

Poking fun at a body issue, whether it be their nose, ears, eyes or anything else, can have a very real effect on an individuals outlook on their own life.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:17 PM
ok what am i being blamed for now lol i wasn't even here
but bless you if you think im a teen . lol i do act about 12 i guess lol

I am not blaming you for anything, smeagol just fighting your corner. Niamh saw a post you made as a defense for these comments. Which is why you were mentioned.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 04:20 PM
I am not blaming you for anything, smeagol just fighting your corner. Niamh saw a post you made as a defense for these comments. Which is why you were mentioned.

How are you fighting his corner, after you lambasted Iceman for a post (a post not a whole thread I might add) on the same thing. The hypocrisy is too much to bear :laugh:

Vicky.
26-11-2013, 04:21 PM

Genuinely LOLed at this :joker:

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:22 PM
How are you fighting his corner, after you lambasted Iceman for a post (a post not a whole thread I might add) on the same thing. The hypocrisy is too much to bear :laugh:

Iceman I assume(d) is either approaching or is already, a grown man. I assumed (wrongly or rightly) that smeagol is a child. I am making points that are nothing more than an attempt at defending children and/or people who may be emotionally affected by such comments.

Where on earth am I being a hypocrite?

And why on earth are you taking my comments personally?

Josy
26-11-2013, 04:23 PM

Its not against the rules to make remarks about appearances on here unless of course it's directed at another member.

This whole forum is covered in eggshells! No matter what is discussed, there's always somebody with a complaint!

This is so true it's unreal.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 04:23 PM
also I wasn't defending Icemans comments either, I posted that link to show you that "normal" forum members wouldn't be infracted or banned for similar comments. I'm sure Smeagal will tell you that I didn't like the nose comments in his thread either

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Its not against the rules to make remarks about appearances on here unless of course it's directed at another member.

This is so true it's unreal.

My whole point is that it should be, in my humble opinion of course, because making such comments has no positive purpose.

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Yes.. But it's made me think of another good point; presumably all the members here watch big brother, where I'm pretty sure they have seen and heard a lot worse than anything in this thread!

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:26 PM
also I wasn't defending Icemans comments either, I posted that link to show you that "normal" forum members wouldn't be infracted or banned for similar comments. I'm sure Smeagal will tell you that I didn't like the nose comments in his thread either

Well do something about it! and stop just trying to 'win' a spat to impress your little friends.

*bangs head against wall*

Vicky.
26-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Well do something about it! and stop just trying to 'win' a spat to impress your little friends.

If we just banned people for making comments that we didnt particularly like, there would b about 3 members left on here.

A comment about a celebrities nose is not, and never will be, against the rules on this site.

smeagol
26-11-2013, 04:28 PM

smeagal? only on a friday night lol

im worried people think im a child and a gal lol

yea niamh doesn't like the big nose comments lol

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 04:28 PM

I don't want to do something about it though, there's plenty I don't like on here but ****ing hell we can't delete everything everyone of us don't like

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:30 PM

How very patronising! There isn't a "spat" to be "won". Making comments about celebrities' noses isn't breaking the rules. End of.

Niamh.
26-11-2013, 04:30 PM
smeagal? only on a friday night lol

im worried people think im a child and a gal lol

yea niamh doesn't like the big nose comments lol

My apologies :laugh:

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:32 PM
If we just banned people for making comments that we didnt particularly like, there would b about 3 members left on here.

A comment about a celebrities nose is not, and never will be, against the rules on this site.

My point is that a case could very easily be made for such comments to fall under the umbrella of cyber bullying, which I assume is against the rules ? if its not, it should be.

I am not saying ban everybody who does this, quite the opposite. I have said that these comments should be publicly pointed out for being wrong, clearly and calmly explaining why. As I have done.

If moderators are not online guardians, what exactly are you there for? Genuine question.

Tom4784

Deleting posts that aren't against the rules because we don't like them and punishing people for them would make us incredibly biased. We only delete and infract posts and members that break the rules.

Black Dagger
Making a scene and having an argument for the sake of having one.

How bloody pointless.

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 04:33 PM
If moderators are not online guardians, what exactly are you there for? Genuine question.

We're here to moderate, the clue is in the name.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:34 PM
How very patronising! There isn't a "spat" to be "won". Making comments about celebrities' noses isn't breaking the rules. End of.

Well Lee, if there is no 'spat' could I ask what in the name of **** has it got to do with you? or for that matter the other moderators that have come in here to defend their buddy?

OYjZK_6i37M

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:34 PM
We're here to moderate, the clue is in the name.

Indeed, maybe you should look up the definition

Vicky.
26-11-2013, 04:37 PM
My point is that a case could very easily be made for such comments to fall under the umbrella of cyber bullying, which I assume is against the rules ? if its not, it should be.

I am not saying ban everybody who does this, quite the opposite. I have said that these comments should be publicly pointed out for being wrong, clearly and calmly explaining why. As I have done.

Bullying other members is against the rules. Commenting on a celebrities appearance doesn't constitute cyber bullying IMO. At all.

If it did, and all negative comments about celebs/BB contestants/etc came under this umbrella of cyber bullying..most members would be banned more often than not. I don't recall you having problems with people making negative comments before?

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Indeed, maybe you should look up the definition

Maybe if you have an issue you should try doing something useful about it instead of just taking potshots at the mods. Also stop trying to hold us to a standard that you yourself aren't willing to adhere to.

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Well Lee, if there is no 'spat' could I ask what in the name of **** has it got to do with you? or for that matter the other moderators that have come in here to defend their buddy?

OYjZK_6i37M

First of all it's a public forum which means I am entitled to post my opinion wherever and whenever I want.
Secondly I'm not here to "defend" anybody, Niamh is perfectly capable of defending herself... I am involved as I think your comments are unreasonable and I have a right to say so.

Black Dagger
26-11-2013, 04:39 PM
I think you are trying too bloody hard and should maybe go for a lie down xo.

Vicky.
26-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Oh, and I never came in here to defend anyone btw, I was genuinely curious about why a thread that had like 2 comments not long ago had recently exploded :p

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:41 PM
I actually only came in to say that I think it's **** that Rebecca is being excluded from so many trials !

Vicky.
26-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Havent even watched IAC this year so I find it hard to get outraged about anything to do with it :laugh:

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I think you are trying too bloody hard and should maybe go for a lie down xo.

Who? Me?

Josy
26-11-2013, 04:44 PM
My whole point is that it should be, in my humble opinion of course, because making such comments has no positive purpose.

Well the rules have been in place for years, you agreed to them when you signed up.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Bullying other members is against the rules. Commenting on a celebrities appearance doesn't constitute cyber bullying IMO. At all.

If it did, and all negative comments about celebs/BB contestants/etc came under this umbrella of cyber bullying..most members would be banned more often than not. I don't recall you having problems with people making negative comments before?

You can quite easily make negative comments about a persons actions, if they do something that is wrong. Pointing out and making fun of a persons personal appearance whether they are a celeb or not can have wide reaching implications. You need to look at the bigger picture.

For the sake of argument, say there is a 14 year old girl who is going throug school and being picked on and ridiculed for her nose every day at school, she sees Rebecca on TV and starts to see her as a role model. Only to then see her being ridiculed.

Wouldnt it be better for this site to be seen as a place that stops this ?

You don't recall me making an issue of people making fun of others for their personal appearance?

Take a look back through the Sam threads from the last big brother, when people were taking digs at him for being deaf.

I will defend these things to the death, you can ban, infract, ridicule and belittle me all you like. I've heard it all and its like water off a ducks back.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Maybe if you have an issue you should try doing something useful about it instead of just taking potshots at the mods. Also stop trying to hold us to a standard that you yourself aren't willing to adhere to.

What are you referring to exactly?

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Well the rules have been in place for years, you agreed to them when you signed up.

I am not talking about rules, I am talking about human decency and morality.

You really think people read those?

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 04:49 PM
What are you referring to exactly?

You've received tons of infractions relating to insulting other members and generally being unpleasant towards them and now you're trying to act like an anti-bullying saint. The truth of the matter is that you don't care about any of this, you just want a new stick to try and beat the mods with.

Black Dagger
26-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Who? Me?

omfg no no :love:

Black Dagger
26-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Nobody took digs at Sam for him being deaf, maybe for being a dire boring ******* and the worst winner of a reality show to date, but not deaf.

Josy
26-11-2013, 04:55 PM
I am not talking about rules, I am talking about human decency and morality.

You really think people read those?

I couldn't care less whether they read them or not, those are the rules that we go by and that's it.

And you did say insulting someones appearance should be against the rules.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:57 PM
You've received tons of infractions relating to insulting other members and generally being unpleasant towards them and now you're trying to act like an anti-bullying saint. The truth of the matter is that you don't care about any of this, you just want a new stick to try and beat the mods with.

I have NEVER insulted anyone, as some on here will tell you I have a sarcastic sense of humour, which some get and some don't. I certainly have never ever made an issue of anyones appearance.

You want me to list the infractions i've received on here, justifying every single one of the points I was infracted for?

Cos I will

Try again dezzy.

Smithy
26-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Some of y'all really need to get out more :idc:

Verbal
26-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Nobody took digs at Sam for him being deaf, maybe for being a dire boring ******* and the worst winner of a reality show to date, but not deaf.

Really?wow

Lee.
26-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Some of y'all really need to get out more :idc:

I do.. I really do :bawling:

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I have NEVER insulted anyone, as some on here will tell you I have a sarcastic sense of humour, which some get and some don't. I certainly have never ever made an issue of anyones appearance.

You want me to list the infractions i've received on here, justifying every single one of the points I was infracted for?

Cos I will

Try again dezzy.

They were rulebreaks, justifying them doesn't change that fact, it just makes you a hypocrite.

arista
26-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Havent even watched IAC this year so I find it hard to get outraged about anything to do with it :laugh:

But Millions are angry
that she can not do the tasks

Why The hell did ITV put that Lady in?

Smithy
26-11-2013, 05:01 PM
I do.. I really do :bawling:

You're married now, so you can just slob out and stay online all day like Niamh does

Verbal
26-11-2013, 05:03 PM
They were rulebreaks, justifying them doesn't change that fact, it just makes you a hypocrite.

No it doesnt, I can justify every single one of the comments, and all of them were genuinely harmless and had no malice to them whatsoever. You really are focusing on the wrong people. How on earth am I a hypocrite?

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 05:06 PM
No it doesnt, I can justify every single one of the comments, and all of them were genuinely harmless and had no malice to them whatsoever. You really are focusing on the wrong people. How on earth am I a hypocrite?

So it's one rule for you and another for everyone else? Nice.

Vicky.
26-11-2013, 05:07 PM
You can quite easily make negative comments about a persons actions, if they do something that is wrong. Pointing out and making fun of a persons personal appearance whether they are a celeb or not can have wide reaching implications. You need to look at the bigger picture.

For the sake of argument, say there is a 14 year old girl who is going throug school and being picked on and ridiculed for her nose every day at school, she sees Rebecca on TV and starts to see her as a role model. Only to then see her being ridiculed.

Wouldnt it be better for this site to be seen as a place that stops this ?

You don't recall me making an issue of people making fun of others for their personal appearance?

Take a look back through the Sam threads from the last big brother, when people were taking digs at him for being deaf.

I will defend these things to the death, you can ban, infract, ridicule and belittle me all you like. I've heard it all and its like water off a ducks back.
OK this is just paranoid waffle really. I havent done any of those things?

Yes I saw you defend Sam. However, I took that to be because you supported him rather than anything else (and also I think defending someone against deaf jibes is quite a bit different to someone saying someone else has a big nose), much as I think this is the issue now. Its fine for people to say what they like about people you dislike. I may be wrong of course, and no doubt will be told that I am now.

If we deleted/banned.whatever every comment about appearance, we would have no members left really. Where does it end? A kid might have been bullied and called stupid, does this mean that whenever someone says someone else is stupid that should be removed?

The rules have been the same for years. OTT abuse is against the rules(eg. if iceman had said she has a big nose and I hope someone breaks it and kills her) but petty little comments about appearance, while being annoying, are not against the rules.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 05:09 PM
OK this is just paranoid waffle really. I havent done any of those things?

Yes I saw you defend Sam. However, I took that to be because you supported him rather than anything else (and also I think defending someone against deaf jibes is quite a bit different to someone saying someone else has a big nose), much as I think this is the issue now. Its fine for people to say what they like about people you dislike. I may be wrong of course, and no doubt will be told that I am now.

If we deleted/banned.whatever every comment about appearance, we would have no members left really. Where does it end? A kid might have been bullied and called stupid, does this mean that whenever someone says someone else is stupid that should be removed?

The rules have been the same for years. OTT abuse is against the rules(eg. if iceman had said she has a big nose and I hope someone breaks it and kills her) but petty little comments about appearance, while being annoying, are not against the rules.

Its being against picking on people for things that these people cannot help, and are things that plague them on a daily basis. These type of comments just perpetuate the bullying.

I'm officially done with this thread now. My point is made. Its just going round in circles.

Vicky.
26-11-2013, 05:10 PM
But Millions are angry
that she can not do the tasks

Why The hell did ITV put that Lady in?

They have done it before. Pretty much every year there seems to be someone who is excused from a load of tasks, IIRC last year it was because someone was too old.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 05:11 PM
So it's one rule for you and another for everyone else? Nice.

Where have I said that? I can justify as harmless humour every single one of my comments.

I would like to see the people who have told me to kill myself etc. do that.

Ok i'm done now

:xyxwave:

Black Dagger
26-11-2013, 05:13 PM
good, you got boring 4 pages ago.

Tom4784
26-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Where have I said that? I can justify as harmless humour every single one of my comments.

Ok i'm done now

You're discounting your own infractions because you believe that you were justified in repeatedly insulting people and the like yet you've spouted endless spiel about protecting children from nasty comments. You're basically saying everyone else has to walk on eggshells and mods have to raise all the children that log onto Tibb yet you think you can insult anyone you want and generally be quite nasty to people and that's okay because you believe you can justify breaking the rules?

You are a hypocrite.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 05:25 PM
You're discounting your own infractions because you believe that you were justified in repeatedly insulting people and the like yet you've spouted endless spiel about protecting children from nasty comments. You're basically saying everyone else has to walk on eggshells and mods have to raise all the children that log onto Tibb yet you think you can insult anyone you want and generally be quite nasty to people and that's okay because you believe you can justify breaking the rules?

You are a hypocrite.

I really want to be done with this thread as i've made my quite genuine point, but i'll be damned if I am letting you have the last word. I
Again, I have not insulted anyone. Please refrain from trying to blacken my name.

I am quite willing to justify myself for every one of them as I have said.

Now please stop trying to bait me. I do believe that is an offense that can get you infracted.

arista
26-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Ok i'm done now

Bloody Great
now get back on Topic

Verbal this fight should be on PMS only.
or you can get banned and we do not want You banned

arista
26-11-2013, 05:29 PM
They have done it before. Pretty much every year there seems to be someone who is excused from a load of tasks, IIRC last year it was because someone was too old.

No like this one
too old - fair enough

She is Fit a Winner of Great Sports , no less

Shaun
26-11-2013, 05:32 PM
we do not want You banned

yeah...

Josy
26-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Oh give it a rest you weren't being baited at all :laugh:

Another unfounded dig at the mods.

Verbal
26-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Oh give it a rest you weren't being baited at all :laugh:

Another unfounded dig at the mods.

I have stated over and over I am done as I have made my point. My post to arista has gone?

The words piss up and brewery come to mind

arista
26-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I have stated over and over I am done as I have made my point. My post to arista has gone?

The words piss up and brewery come to mind

Stop Now Verbal

Any post can be Deleted
thats Normal

I do not want you banned

HD
26-11-2013, 05:39 PM
No like this one
too old - fair enough

She is Fit a Winner of Great Sports , no less

no it's not. oldies shouldn't be in it full stop if they're not capable.

arista
26-11-2013, 05:49 PM
no it's not. oldies shouldn't be in it full stop if they're not capable.

yes but sometimes they run out of Celebs
and loads of Old Celebs are ready
and need the Dosh

waterhog
27-11-2013, 08:03 AM
you can not say no oldies - variety is the spice of life. it also causes tension as they don't often like what young people do.

bring them on.

HD
27-11-2013, 08:05 AM
you can not say no oldies - variety is the spice of life. it also causes tension as they don't often like what young people do.

bring them on.

Nothing worse than a lingering old fart sat on a bench whinging.

arista
27-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Nothing worse than a lingering old fart sat on a bench whinging.

Old Mo is OK

it puts a balance in there

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/13/article-1181302-025C1BCC0000044D-581_233x423.jpg

But Rebbeca
needs to first out

Saph
27-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Verbal
User banned

:laugh2: after all that

arista
27-11-2013, 10:44 AM
:laugh2: after all that

I warned him
and so did All the mods.

He could have stopped
but would not stop attacking mods - thats stupid

Back on topic
get Rebecca Out

erinp5
27-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Rebecca's sister and partner say they don't know what this 'illness' is that rules Rebecca out of doing the trials.

'Becky and the other celebrities aren't aware what the trial is each day, it's the doctors who rule out the contestants. Even we don't know what the medical grounds are. Becky was in good health when she left and definitely isn't pregnant!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2514492/Phillip-Schofield-says-Rebecca-Adlington-shouldnt-Im-A-Celeb.html#ixzz2lsAdc7gi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

erinp5
28-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Family say they are sworn to secrecy regarding Rebecca's illness.
I wish they would make up their mind about knowing or not knowing what the 'illness' is .

Rebecca Adlington's family have pleaded with I'm A Celebrity producers to reveal the nature of the swimmer's serious medical condition.

The Olympic athlete's aunt Sonia Adlington revealed that all the family are aware of what is wrong with Rebecca, but her uncle Tony added to the Daily Mirror: 'We have been sworn to secrecy'.

He added: 'Becky wants the public to know why she is being excused. We wish the producers would say the reason.

Sonia also revealed that despite 24-year-old Rebecca's medical issue having ruled her out of three Bushtucker Trials so far, the athlete is desperate to pull her weight and take part in the challenges.

She said: 'It's not Becky's choice. She wants to do the challenges - even eating grubs - but she is not allowed to do some of them on doctor's orders.'

The nature of Rebecca's medical issue is still shrouded in secrecy, but Sonia added that it is a condition that she has suffered from through years of swimming.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2514793/Im-A-Celebrity-Rebecca-Adlingtons-family-ask-bosses-reveal-medical-condition.html#ixzz2lwmBVhj4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

GiRTh
28-11-2013, 12:37 PM
On this Morning yesterday, the gorgeous Ashley Roberts was saying Rebecca's family wanted to reveal her illness. Make you minds up.

Jemal
28-11-2013, 12:52 PM
LOL shes claustrophobic right? Yet she can stay in the water for more than a minute?
I have Asthma aswell and staying in the water is extra hard especially when your also 'claustrophobic'.

Everyone knows Rebecca is scared of everything in there but i dunno why you guys aint voting and instead you keep moaning.

Vote her in and i gaurantee you will get your beloved scared trial taker back.
Which will make the show more 'entertaining' for you.