PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Wright slams 'The Joey Essex Show'!

Headie
04-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Axed I’m A Celeb contestant Matthew Wright has slammed bosses for turning the series into the Joey Essex show.

The Channel 5 chat show host was booted out of the show last night in a double eviction alongside Vincent Simone, and claimed today he wanted to leave.

Speaking live from Australia on ITV’s This Morning, Matthew said: “I had enough pretty much by Friday of last week.

“It seemed pretty obvious that it’s the Joey show and he’ll be with Kian in the final.

“I was just left sort of twiddling my thumbs and I thought, I’d rather be twiddling my thumbs with my lovely wife than sat bored.”

Meanwhile, the former journalist turned TV presenter revealed that he underwent three weeks of therapy before flying out to Australia to help get over his nerves and phobias.

“I was on the verge of pulling out, because I didn’t want to do a Helen Flanagan and let everybody down in the challenges,” the 48-year-old explained. “I had three weeks of phobia therapy.

“Three weeks, two hours of talking with this guy and I knew I could handle a spider but when I got there I didn’t actually know if talking to a bloke for two hours, every day, for three weeks was going to be enough to get me through and so I had a panic attack.”

Matthew concluded: “I feel so proud of my journey from a scared man to an unsecured man.”

I’m A Celebrity UK continues tonight on ITV from 8:30PM with the latest elimination.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/im-a-celebrity/168615-im-a-celebrity-2013-matthew-wright-slams-the-joey-essex-show.html#ixzz2mWr8kE4x

Glad some of the contestants are speaking out about it too.

Marcus.
04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
hear hear mattew

Saph
04-12-2013, 04:45 PM
ugh someone hijack his plane and crash it please

Saph
04-12-2013, 04:46 PM
as if hes even watched every episode within a day, hes probably just going by what his family have told him

Amy Jade
04-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Joey was only heavily featured because the public were voting for him to do trials, now the trials are out of the general public's hands he has had a lot less coverage.

bye matthew

http://i55.tinypic.com/ea59u8.gif

smudgie
04-12-2013, 04:52 PM
:hmph: Sore loser.

erinp5
04-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Matthew is not the only one fed up of the Joey show.

sampvt
04-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Joey was only heavily featured because the public were voting for him to do trials, now the trials are out of the general public's hands he has had a lot less coverage.

bye matthew

Whoops, someone else has swallowed the joey hook, line and stinker. How can people be so gulible to buy his act. OK he is a nice guy but for gods sake this joey worship is pathetic.

Cherie
04-12-2013, 05:30 PM

bye matthew

Absolutely right, and I think this year we have had a more even coverage of the campmates, David is in the BT alot, and as for Kian he has not been shown any more than Matthew, in fact Matthew got alot of coverage in my view :suspect: He doesn't like Kian, that little dig when asked who he would like to win he said "Kian wants it" as if he is desperate or something, very strange.

Saph
04-12-2013, 05:30 PM
at least Joeys playing a good game

Matthew was a twat trying to be controversial

arista
04-12-2013, 05:33 PM
hear hear mattew

When he is back
he will do a Q & A on his own show
he said

arista
04-12-2013, 05:33 PM
at least Joeys playing a good game

Matthew was a twat trying to be controversial

yes but boring

Samm
04-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Matthew your gone get over with it

Jordan.
04-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't like him but it's true

sampvt
04-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I hated Mathew but like Joey but in the face of what we all see and hear, he speaks the trutyh. We dont have to adore or hate anyone to see the truth. Only thise that are blinded by jealousy, infidelity, unsecurity and who suffer from a bad dose of extreme fan worship, fall into these celebrities traps.

I base opinions on facts not love or hate issues. Joey is being spoonfed stuff and he will win and the boses will give him a spin off show, job done, public conned again.

smeagol
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
the highlights are so badly edited. people moan about bb edits but im a celeb is far worst by a very long way.
it is the joey show and a bore fest. the guy never stops acting. and he cant act

matthew was up for laugh and done well. and was badly edited

Marcus.
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
wonder what odds joey Is now

Cherie
04-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I hated Mathew but like Joey but in the face of what we all see and hear, he speaks the trutyh. We dont have to adore or hate anyone to see the truth. Only thise that are blinded by jealousy, infidelity, unsecurity and who suffer from a bad dose of extreme fan worship, fall into these celebrities traps.

I base opinions on facts not love or hate issues. Joey is being spoonfed stuff and he will win and the boses will give him a spin off show, job done, public conned again.

I'm blinded by Joey's teeth nothing else, he will have to go some to top the Westlife fans I fear.

sampvt
04-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm blinded by Joey's teeth nothing else, he will have to go some to top the Westlife fans I fear.

Westies are old farts like me with nokia phones, its the kids now with money to burn and IQ,s the same as their shoe sizes that do the voting. Sadly the most deserving 2 Steve and Beccy will not get good edits so they cant wins.

DrunkerThanMoses
04-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Wait.... hes married?

Me. I Am Salman
04-12-2013, 07:00 PM
no lies found (and I haven't even been watching)

Pete.
04-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Sit down sore loser

waterhog
04-12-2013, 09:31 PM
well said mathew

the truth
04-12-2013, 09:38 PM
the whole joey im dumb and innocent act is nauseating unoriginal predictable and boring...but of course it always works on dumbed down britain

Black Dagger
04-12-2013, 09:45 PM
What he said is 100% true. So.

And Matthew > Joey every single day, bye.

Me. I Am Salman
04-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Matthew Wright is amazing, The Wright Show >>>