PDA

View Full Version : Did David play the royal card?

the truth
07-12-2013, 05:38 AM
I thought he played it superbly tonight

comparing them all to the royals but of course praising the monarchy as behaving more impeccably

His observations are very shrewd and very wry dry humoured
His little winks to the audience about the kids in camp and the subtle way he points out the naughtiness they get up to is all quality....

He has the older vote, he has the royal vote and he has the welsh vote...additionally he evokes memories of the late great Diana

In addition hes some kind of genius having created the most famous dress of all time and many more , some of which sell for fortunes....

But above all that he is a genuine bloke , very kind and considerate, never petty, selfless too, yet totally honest and unique. As math wright said I never thought Id like him as I didn't know him, but hes a Top Man, hes my winner.

sampvt
07-12-2013, 05:44 AM
Just loved his analagy of the Amy and the Corgi,s and Joeys court jester story. Of course he missed the Lucy / Margaret similarity, but we can forgive him. He carried it off well.

erinp5
07-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Amy a corgi:joker:

sampvt
07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Amy a corgi:joker:

I think he was having a dig at her being a dog. If he wasnt then he made an error that had substance and credability in innocence.

waterhog
07-12-2013, 08:14 PM
I thought he played it superbly tonight

comparing them all to the royals but of course praising the monarchy as behaving more impeccably

His observations are very shrewd and very wry dry humoured
His little winks to the audience about the kids in camp and the subtle way he points out the naughtiness they get up to is all quality....

He has the older vote, he has the royal vote and he has the welsh vote...additionally he evokes memories of the late great Diana

In addition hes some kind of genius having created the most famous dress of all time and many more , some of which sell for fortunes....

But above all that he is a genuine bloke , very kind and considerate, never petty, selfless too, yet totally honest and unique. As math wright said I never thought Id like him as I didn't know him, but hes a Top Man, hes my winner.

thats nice. i hope he wins.

GoldHeart
08-12-2013, 02:05 AM
David is soo posh and witty it was funny when he said amy is like a corgi probably because of her hair and she's always messing about with it :D