PDA

View Full Version : Teenage girl, 18, racks up £1,158 phone bill voting 2,316 times for Emmerdale star

arista
09-12-2013, 12:48 PM
[Teenage girl, 18, racks up £1,158
phone bill voting 2,316 times for
Emmerdale star to win I'm A Celebrity
Nicole Hassall, 18, racked up bill
in just six hours calling 50p voting line
Teen's mum must use her Christmas
present money to pay the charges
Eileen Hassall calls for tighter controls
on premium phone numbers
Phone providers Orange agree
to waive half of the bill]

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/09/article-0-19FAA7CF00000578-131_634x380.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520690/Teen-racked-1-158-phone-voting-Lucy-Pargeter-Im-A-Celebrity.html#ixzz2mz9EiHmJ

Stupid Girl.

Josy
09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
The teenager made a staggering 2,316 calls to the ITV show’s 50p premium rate number in support of the Emmerdale star - unaware her phone bill would sky-rocket as a result.

Edit - Never Mind, she has learning difficulties that's probably why she never knew...

michael21
09-12-2013, 12:58 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/09/article-0-19FAA7CB00000578-332_634x425.jpg

she has evil eyes

sampvt
09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/09/article-0-19FAA7CB00000578-332_634x425.jpg

she has evil eyes

Micheal someone said she was mentally challenged. Not nice to say these things, poor girl.

Josy
09-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Ok so after reading the entire article I'm calling bull**** on her mother/her saying she had no idea she would be charged even if she has learning difficulties, she has a mobile phone, knows how to use it and obviously got the voting number from the show which always tells you how much it costs to vote.

Her mum also said they watched the show together then went to bed, well the girl clearly never went to bed and instead done her voting on the fly probably because she knew what she was doing was wrong.

Kizzy
09-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I put a block on ringing premium rate numbers after I caught my two ringing to trying to win us a holiday.... I didn't know whether to kiss them or kill them :laugh:

Marc
09-12-2013, 01:22 PM
What a *****!!!!!!!

Gstar
09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
She needs to be sent to Jamaica for 6 months

Jordan.
09-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Why was my comment deleted? And there was a thread complaining this forum has lost humour the other day lmaooo

thesheriff443
09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Ok so after reading the entire article I'm calling bull**** on her mother/her saying she had no idea she would be charged even if she has learning difficulties, she has a mobile phone, knows how to use it and obviously got the voting number from the show which always tells you how much it costs to vote.

Her mum also said they watched the show together then went to bed, well the girl clearly never went to bed and instead done her voting on the fly probably because she knew what she was doing was wrong.

clearly josy you have no experience of someone with learning diffculties, the concept of how much things cost comes up all the time, with someone with learning problems. a great deal of time is taken up, teaching people the cost of every day items.

Benji_
09-12-2013, 03:56 PM
So this is why she came 3rd

thesheriff443
09-12-2013, 03:59 PM
What a *****!!!!!!!

marc this not the slightest bit funny.

Samm
09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Oh so this is the bitch who got Lucy in the Top 3 :bored:

Kyle
09-12-2013, 04:07 PM
What a *****!!!!!!!

Can you not. Ta

sampvt
09-12-2013, 04:28 PM
What a *****!!!!!!!

From a moderator, this is disgusting. To laugh at a handicapped person is firstly desperately mean and quite disturbing, but saying that you moderate this site and what is right, leaves me somewhat dumbfounded.

Josy
09-12-2013, 04:31 PM
clearly josy you have no experience of someone with learning diffculties, the concept of how much things cost comes up all the time, with someone with learning problems. a great deal of time is taken up, teaching people the cost of every day items.

Don't suggest things toward me that you have no clue about please, thanks.

Locke.
09-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Couldn't she have done this for Rough Copy instead :bored:

Marc
09-12-2013, 04:40 PM
From a moderator, this is disgusting. To laugh at a handicapped person is firstly desperately mean and quite disturbing, but saying that you moderate this site and what is right, leaves me somewhat dumbfounded.

I guess you could leave the forum?

Jordan.
09-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Can my comment be undeleted now please to annoy them more

thesheriff443
09-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Don't suggest things toward me that you have no clue about please, thanks.

only if you dont call bullsh*t, on a thread with someone with learning problems, if you knew the problems people have you would of not made the comment, just because someone has a phone, it does not make them a genius or a liar.

Locke.
09-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Do you have learning difficulties yourself sheriff?

Gstar
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
hi, why is Jordan being ignored

Apple202
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Can my comment be undeleted now please to annoy them more

:laugh3:

Josy
09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
only if you dont call bullsh*t, on a thread with someone with learning problems, if you knew the problems people have you would of not made the comment, just because someone has a phone, it does not make them a genius or a liar.

I will post what I like within the forum rules and if you don't like it then put me on ignore.

thesheriff443
09-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Do you have learning difficulties yourself sheriff?

my daughter does,and my other half is a care manager dealing with people with downs and learning difficulties, some need 24 hour support, just a few days ago a guy was moved to a new house and choked to death on his food.

thesheriff443
09-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I will post what I like within the forum rules and if you don't like it then put me on ignore.

and i will do the same, post what i like within the forum rules.

Apple202
09-12-2013, 04:55 PM
finally my thread has been answered

Marc
09-12-2013, 04:57 PM
My original comment was made as a JOKE and was meant to be 'outrageous' and rude to offset the ridiculousness of this story.

:-/

Mystic Mock
09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
And Lucy still didn't win.

thesheriff443
09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
My original comment was made as a JOKE and was meant to be 'outrageous' and rude to offset the ridiculousness of this story.

:-/

the problem is marc, members would be infracted for the same comment,
there needs to be the same rules for everyone.

Marc
09-12-2013, 05:03 PM
No they wouldn't have. I can confirm that because it wasn't an attack on anybody on the forum and neither was it intended to be a dig at you since I didn't even know your situation :shrug:

Jordan.
09-12-2013, 05:05 PM
hi, why is Jordan being ignored

ikr i wanna know why my joke got deleted but the mods didn't http://tarckbike.com/sites/all/modules/smileys_7/packs/Tarck/icon_colbert.gif

Marc
09-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Lol I wasn't saying she should be sent death threats Jordan :laugh:

Pete.
09-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Love this girl - giving Lucy the deserved 3rd :)

Jordan.
09-12-2013, 05:10 PM
death threats are tongue in cheek these days

michael21
09-12-2013, 05:15 PM
death threats are tongue in cheek these days

do you mean knife in cheek :o

sampvt
09-12-2013, 05:28 PM

You are wasting your time complaining. Some mods are fair and some rule by fear. Ive just been told I can leave the forum if I don't like his ways. No doubt after this I will be kicked off but if I do, my mates will know why. Policing the site is very hard but it must be done fairly and without prejudice and blatant favouritism.

Ive often wondered why some long term, in the gang, type of posters , can get away with murder, whilst lesser known posters get bans all the time. It seems to be the norm to post something vile then say ''it was only a joke ha ha'' sorry but that's a cop out. If you are not sure, please don't post it.

Amy Jade
09-12-2013, 05:41 PM
I got grounded for a month when I kept ringing for Little Mix to win X Factor and that was only about £20. I feel bad because she had learning difficulties but the Mum claimed she watched the show with her, she could have explained or stayed up with her?

It's more than I got when Charlotte was in the CBB final, my mum just pointed at me and said something like 'you dare ring for that skank and i'll batter you' and then she went on the piss.

sampvt
09-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I got grounded for a month when I kept ringing for Little Mix to win X Factor and that was only about £20. I feel bad because she had learning difficulties but the Mum claimed she watched the show with her, she could have explained or stayed up with her?

It's more than I got when Charlotte was in the CBB final, my mum just pointed at me and said something like 'you dare ring for that skank and i'll batter you' and then she went on the piss.

Are you not the person that lectures me on morality,,,,,,,,lol.

Amy Jade
09-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Are you not the person that lectures me on morality,,,,,,,,lol.
What? are you still trying to pick arguments with me? ermm get over it. :conf:

Samm
09-12-2013, 06:51 PM
You are wasting your time complaining. Some mods are fair and some rule by fear. Ive just been told I can leave the forum if I don't like his ways. No doubt after this I will be kicked off but if I do, my mates will know why. Policing the site is very hard but it must be done fairly and without prejudice and blatant favouritism.

Ive often wondered why some long term, in the gang, type of posters , can get away with murder, whilst lesser known posters get bans all the time. It seems to be the norm to post something vile then say ''it was only a joke ha ha'' sorry but that's a cop out. If you are not sure, please don't post it.

Well if you think some mods are unfair then you can go :idc:, some people on here can't take a joke

Niamh.
09-12-2013, 07:06 PM

Members wouldn't be infracted for saying that though, when was anyone ever infracted for insulting someone from a news story or celebrity? I'm genuinely curious to know

Marc
09-12-2013, 07:10 PM

I favour those who don't go about insulting other members and ruining the forum :hugesmile: it's a lot easier to get along with those members

MrWong
09-12-2013, 07:15 PM

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_64.gif

Ammi
09-12-2013, 07:15 PM
...wow ...I work with children with learning difficulties as well and have also had contact/work with adults who also have as well...and you can choose to be offended on other's behalf when things are said in an obvious light-hearted/joking way, or you can not ...no one who posts regularly on the forum would think for one minute that Marc was serious in his post and anyone who doesn't post regularly/know that/is familiar with his or anyone's posting..it's not for him to change/adapt or be constantly conscious/wary of it to accommodate that...

sampvt
09-12-2013, 07:19 PM
I favour those who don't go about insulting other members and ruining the forum :hugesmile: it's a lot easier to get along with those members

Marc, I am sorry but moderation should be done devoid of bias and feelings. It sends the wrong message. As far as I am concerned, those that poke and prod just to gain a reaction that gets the victim an infraction for loosing it, are just as guilty, but there are some professional pokers on here that have a great time living on the edge of rule breaks and know how to keep the right side of the infraction tallies.

There are some of us that are not that aufaire with the rules and just the other day \I was invited to a private message debate then once \I viewed my private thoughts, I was reported and duly infracted, that's wrong and the person that lured me has just about admitted they knew what their aim was. That's just plain wrong.

sampvt
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_64.gif

See what I mean, this is one of the worst POKERS on this site. He never leaves me alone and never misses a chance to get my goat up and he is infraction free, or so he tells me anyway, after laughing at me. Where is right and wrong here.

Ammi
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Marc, I am sorry but moderation should be done devoid of bias and feelings. It sends the wrong message. As far as I am concerned, those that poke and prod just to gain a reaction that gets the victim an infraction for loosing it, are just as guilty, but there are some professional pokers on here that have a great time living on the edge of rule breaks and know how to keep the right side of the infraction tallies.

There are some of us that are not that aufaire with the rules and just the other day \I was invited to a private message debate then once \I viewed my private thoughts, I was reported and duly infracted, that's wrong and the person that lured me has just about admitted they knew what their aim was. That's just plain wrong.

..yeah, that is wrong...did you report it..the PMs..?...

Ammi
09-12-2013, 07:23 PM
See what I mean, this is one of the worst POKERS on this site. He never leaves me alone and never misses a chance to get my goat up and he is infraction free, or so he tells me anyway, after laughing at me. Where is right and wrong here.

..could you not put specific members on ignore..?...

Pete.
09-12-2013, 07:24 PM
what is happening here?

sampvt
09-12-2013, 07:24 PM
..yeah, that is wrong...did you report it..the PMs..?...

I reported it and asked why I was infracted as I have done loads of times before but I never got a reply as usual

sampvt
09-12-2013, 07:26 PM
..could you not put specific members on ignore..?...

You can put people on ignore but they can still see and post on your posts so whats the point.

Ammi
09-12-2013, 07:27 PM
I reported it and asked why I was infracted as I have done loads of times before but I never got a reply as usual

...I think probably the best thing to do with PMs like that is to report them but not reply tbh...I know that can be hard sometimes though and especially if it's a continuation of something in a thread...but sometimes you just have to take a step back/log off for a bit/take a few breaths sort of thing...reality TV especially often seems to bring out strange and odd posts in general...

Mystic Mock
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
what is happening here?

Some old feuds have started back up it seems.

Ammi
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
You can put people on ignore but they can still see and post on your posts so whats the point.

..if they're being rude/insulting with their wall posts then don't respond but just report them...

Niamh.
09-12-2013, 07:29 PM

You don't generally get a reply when you report posts, also the person you reported is now banned so I really don't get why you're making out we did nothing about it. :conf:

Apple202
09-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Couldn't she have done this for Rough Copy instead :bored:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/7295dc9ee722e30197543208844c2359/tumblr_mv47mvB2iG1rvaluxo1_250.gif

sampvt
09-12-2013, 07:43 PM
You don't generally get a reply when you report posts, also the person you reported is now banned so I really don't get why you're making out we did nothing about it. :conf:

Sorry but I had no idea and after all this time \I still don't know where to look for who is banned anyway. Ill take that back and apologise. Sorry.

Niamh.
09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Sorry but I had no idea and after all this time \I still don't know where to look for who is banned anyway. Ill take that back and apologise. Sorry.

No worries, if you go to quick links you can check who's been banned recently

Ammi
09-12-2013, 07:47 PM
..so are we saying the Mods aren't awful/biased/useless, then..?..I'm not having that, it can't be true...IT CAN'T.....s0b.....

Kazanne
09-12-2013, 07:49 PM

Well Sam,your not everyones cup of tea ,but I think your a great poster and I would miss you if you left we need varied posters to keep it interesting.

GoldHeart
09-12-2013, 07:50 PM
[Teenage girl, 18, racks up £1,158
phone bill voting 2,316 times for
Emmerdale star to win I'm A Celebrity
Nicole Hassall, 18, racked up bill
in just six hours calling 50p voting line
Teen's mum must use her Christmas
present money to pay the charges
Eileen Hassall calls for tighter controls
on premium phone numbers
Phone providers Orange agree
to waive half of the bill]

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/09/article-0-19FAA7CF00000578-131_634x380.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520690/Teen-racked-1-158-phone-voting-Lucy-Pargeter-Im-A-Celebrity.html#ixzz2mz9EiHmJ

Stupid Girl.

learning difficulties or not she sounds more like an xfactor fan because a lot of silly teens vote in extreme ways like that!!!! its ridiculous and they don't care about the waste of money :crazy:
no wonder Lucy made it to the semi final with people like this saving her :bored:

thesheriff443
09-12-2013, 07:54 PM
...wow ...I work with children with learning difficulties as well and have also had contact/work with adults who also have as well...and you can choose to be offended on other's behalf when things are said in an obvious light-hearted/joking way, or you can not ...no one who posts regularly on the forum would think for one minute that Marc was serious in his post and anyone who doesn't post regularly/know that/is familiar with his or anyone's posting..it's not for him to change/adapt or be constantly conscious/wary of it to accommodate that...

its only marc the mod, let him call anyone he likes a *****, its only a joke after all, the rest of us get warnings for joking in the wrong thread and branded as smutty for having a joke.

MrWong
09-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Don't lie.

I've had a few.

Ammi
09-12-2013, 07:55 PM
its only marc the mod, let him call anyone he likes a *****, its only a joke after all, the rest of us get warnings for joking in the wrong thread and branded as smutty for having a joke.

..you don't get banned for joking, but obviously if it's not joking then that's different....

Niamh.
09-12-2013, 07:56 PM

Excuse me but would you mind telling me a time when a "normal" member was infracted for insulting someone from a news story/a celebrity

sampvt
09-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Well Sam,your not everyones cup of tea ,but I think your a great poster and I would miss you if you left we need varied posters to keep it interesting.

The only difference between me and all the loved posters like you (lol) is that I write what I think and damm the consequences and some younger cyber warriors cant understand the older generations thought pattern.

My dear departed father used to call black people Darkies and I used to go mad with him telling him they are not Darkies that's rude, they are coloured, now my son tells me I am wrong to say coloured but I get so confused what handle to use on tanned people now.

Same for gay people, trans this and trans that and genre this and that. Even the word homo is bad these days. I think it will all eventually go full circle and straights will get called puffs and nonces soon, lol. I give up and have decided to dawn the mantle of a grumpy granddad, hopefully without the incontinent knickers, lol.

Apple202
09-12-2013, 08:01 PM
you're such a bull****ter, you've sugarcoated all your views on gay people in that para where you think everyone can see them, but in my wall you were in full flow on how it's disgusting and that they're all mentally ill etc so don't even start with the 'at least i say my views'

sampvt
09-12-2013, 08:03 PM
you're such a bull****ter, you've sugarcoated all your views on gay people in that para where you think everyone can see them, but in my wall you were in full flow on how it's disgusting and that they're all mentally ill etc so don't even start with the 'at least i say my views'

Please copy and paste that bull on here, you have my permission. You lie through your teeth and you must know I would never do that as my own son is gay and I am fine with it. As I said, I don't need to lie, you obviously do.

Apple202
09-12-2013, 08:07 PM
omfg you're such a liar

i can't copy and paste the posts as they've been deleted by the mods :)

but anyway i dont have time for any bitter grandpas bye

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c4e49387aacd13212bee6d39dbd84964/tumblr_mnhln5Qy1c1qfy2kdo3_r1_250.gif

sampvt
09-12-2013, 08:10 PM
omfg you're such a liar

i can't copy and paste the posts as they've been deleted by the mods :)

but anyway i dont have time for any bitter grandpas bye

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c4e49387aacd13212bee6d39dbd84964/tumblr_mnhln5Qy1c1qfy2kdo3_r1_250.gif

Somehow I gathered that would be your retort. Now behave, I have forgiven you as I hold no grudges against the odd handbags at 10 paces so lets just agree to disagree but keep it civil and drop the homophobic crap, everyone knows I am not that way inclined.