PDA

View Full Version : BB14 most complained about show of 2013

MTVN
17-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Don't think this has been posted yet: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524835/Big-Brothers-racist-expletive-laden-rants-2013s-complained-show.html

Channel 5's Big Brother reality shows have sparked the most complaints to TV watchdog Ofcom this year - almost 1,500.

The year's ten most complained about programmes have outraged almost 5,000 viewers in all so far. But as yet, Ofcom has taken hardly any action over the most controversial screened incidents.

The June series of Big Brother triggered 965 complaints and August's Celebrity Big Brother a further 438.

Viewers were outraged by housemate Jemima Slade getting an ‘unjustified' official warning for saying black men are not her type.

Ofcom received 305 complaints in June that Slade, 41, had been 'unfairly accused of racism'.

Slade had said: 'I do go for younger guys, generally. I go for darker looking, not black, but darker features, more like Mediterranean.'

Big Brother said her language was 'unacceptable and potentially offensive'. A further 244 viewers complained that Gina Rio had bullied fellow housemate Hazel O'Sullivan.

Rio shouted at the Irish model: 'You're a pain in the a**e, a homewrecking *****, a dirty a**e skank, an ugly and disgusting cheap little tart.'

And another 166 viewers complained to Ofcom over scenes shown of boxer Daley Ojuederie fighting with O'Sullivan.

Ojuederie was removed from the Hertfordshire house for what Big Brother branded 'threatening and aggressive behaviour' towards O'Sullivan.

He had slapping her bottom and clasped his hands around her neck while they were on a bed. Ofcom is currently investigating all three controversial incidents and will publish its findings in the New Year.

Celebrity Big Brother also courted controversy amid claims of ‘animal cruelty' on the show.

Viewers complained after they watched U.S. reality TV star Courtney Stodden put her toy, stuffed bunny rabbit through a mangle.

It is not the first time that the Big Brother shows have faced potential action from Ofcom. The 2012 Big Brother series also ran into trouble with the organisation over claims of bullying

More than 1,000 viewers complained about Conor McIntyre's expletive-laden tirade at fellow contestant Deana Uppal.

He raged: at her: 'Get your epilator and stick it up your a**e. We don't give a ******! Stick it up her ******ing m**ge, stupid b**tard.'

He later added: 'I'm gonna play loads of pranks on her. ******ing piece of s**t, I don't give a ****** if I'm pulled up to the Diary Room.'

Article carries on but that's all the BB stuff

Marsh.
17-12-2013, 04:52 AM
Gina the bully.

zakman440
17-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Im sorry, but why were people complaining about Courtney's toy in the mangle? That's just ridiculous.