PDA

View Full Version : BB14 and the lost ratings

daniel-lewis-1985
09-03-2014, 02:13 PM
So as we know BB14 was the highest rated civilian series since its move to Channel 5 with the official average stated as 1.9 million on Wikipedia.

However.....

31 +1 ratings were never retrieved or lost. That's 31 episodes and basically half of the series which ran for 68 days.

The official rating has to be above 2 million but will we ever find them and if so how the **** do we do so?

To this day I am still extremely annoyed as normal BB needs the ratings not only to entice advertisers but most importantly to stay on the air, bad ratings on paper leads to negative press and an opinion from the general public that the show is a flop.

If someone looks on paper and sees it averages over 2 million (which I believe it did) only 300K behind CBB12 then they cannot argue that the show is a huge success and maybe year after year fans wont be wondering *is this possibly the last summer series?

So where the **** are these mystery ratings and why were they never released?

Daniel.
09-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Sorry this has nothing to do with the question but..

Isn't it weird how BB10 was called a flop by many for aceraging 2 million something when now that wouls be considered a success

Really shows how BB has gone downhill

Me. I Am Salman
09-03-2014, 02:28 PM
the less we dwell on this mess of a series the better

daniel-lewis-1985
09-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Sorry this has nothing to do with the question but..

Isn't it weird how BB10 was called a flop by many for aceraging 2 million something when now that wouls be considered a success

Really shows how BB has gone downhill

BB10 was seen as a huge flop because it lost such a huge amount of viewers to the previous year.

Without BB10 high launch figure the highlights were very low for the time and for the first time in BB history dropped below 2 million.

The BB9 final averaged 4.7 million and peaked at 5.1 million.

The BB10 final averaged 2.7 million viewers and peaked at 3.1 million .

That's why it was seen as a momumental flop.

The fact that its been 4 years, a move to a smaller channel and the series average is only about 500k down (maybe less if those missing ratings finally get released) and increasing year on year instead of the usual decline is why its now being seen as successful.

Its rare for a series to improve on ratings as the years go on but the difference between BB12 to BB14 ratings and media attention is something the critics cant ignore.

Matt
09-03-2014, 03:24 PM
1.9million was the official consolidated average figure released by Channel 5 themselves so I can only assume that contains the missing +1s

The average of all the figures that were released publicly was 1.8million

daniel-lewis-1985
09-03-2014, 03:27 PM
1.9million was the official consolidated average figure released by Channel 5 themselves so I can only assume that contains the missing +1s

So why are the fan sites and Wikipedia ratings page marked with 32 *'s which say *does not include +1 figure?

Matt
09-03-2014, 03:33 PM
So why are the fan sites and Wikipedia ratings page marked with 32 *'s which say *does not include +1 figure?

Because BARB only releases the ten highest figures for Channel 5+1 to the public every week.

If anyone's going to know the remaining figures, Channel 5 will, and if those figures had resulted in the series topping the 2million mark on average I'm sure they'd want to shout about it

Daniel.
09-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I thought 9 and 10 had simmilar ratings

Weird cuz 10 is a better series than 9

Macie Lightfoot
09-03-2014, 04:12 PM
^ no

Daniel.
09-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Yes, 9 was pretty meh with an awful group taking over the house

Monetgate was the highlight

Macie Lightfoot
09-03-2014, 04:27 PM
A season full of Rachel/Mikey/Sarah >>>>>>>>>>>> a season almost full of Freddie/Marcus/Siavash

Daniel.
09-03-2014, 04:33 PM
I love 10 mainly for Bea and Noirin so whatever, although Marcus and Freddie were easily really good housemates

Mikey is one of the wirst hm's ever, the group of Mo/Darnell/Kat :yuk:

Toy Soldier
09-03-2014, 04:38 PM
I love 10 mainly for Bea and Noirin so whatever, although Marcus and Freddie were easily really good housemates

Whilst in general I agree, I'd argue that this is offset by the outright FACT that Mikey being hit full force on the back of the neck by Mo and Darnel's baseball is hands down the best moment in bug brother history.

A blind man... Accidentally hit with pinpoint accuracy... Whilst floudering around in a swimming pool... With no possible way of knowing what was about to happen or indeed what had just happened.

It was gold. You can't write **** like that.

Me. I Am Salman
09-03-2014, 04:39 PM
So you prefer the vile group who were on Dennis' side during spit gate :umm2: I really don't know how anyone can like them after that night, they showed themselves to be disgusting people

Daniel.
09-03-2014, 04:43 PM
I liked Sara, Lisa, Rex and Sylvia but B Block minus Rex made it annoying to watch

Jarrod
09-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure if the series did officially average at 2 Million, Channel 5 would have said something. Even with the missing ratings, it still only got 1.9 Million.

Also, agreeing above that Big Brother 9 wasn't as good as people make out. I didn't enjoy it that much. It's a little overrated... I guess that's just me.

Samm
09-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Dennis makes me sick

Macie Lightfoot
09-03-2014, 05:44 PM

Mikey <3333333 top 50 material tbh

uniquedude
13-03-2014, 10:37 AM
The fact that C5 allowed BB to continue after it got 'low' ratings of 1.6 million shows that it can go even lower than that before they consider axing it. Too much hype around viewing figures going down when really they are going up which for a reality show thats been on for 27 series is a huge achievement compared to TOWIE or Geordie Shore that both get less viewers and yet they never get press for low viewings eventhough they are still relatively new