PDA

View Full Version : Exposing the myth that Sam was a bore!

uniquedude
13-03-2014, 10:34 AM
The amount of people calling Sam a bore on here is unreal and its probably one of the biggest myths of bb14 lol.

Gonna make a confession, I found Sam more entertaining than Dexter. I actually do not know why Dexter was so loved on here, nothing he does really sticks out to me and in general his behaviour seemed ever contrived or cringy and what was that whole week with him vs Callum all about aka the worst week of bb14 and a total cringefest.

Sam's one liners
Sam vs Sophie
Sam vs Dexter
Sam and Ginas relationship
He wast afraid to have an argument or say some home truths

I think Im gonna throw this into the same bucket as the myth of Rachel Rice and Luke A being bores, as much as they werent the best housemates just because they won doesn't sudden mean they were bores.

Raph
13-03-2014, 11:31 AM
:worship:

Firewire
13-03-2014, 11:33 AM
:laugh2:

Vanessa
13-03-2014, 11:35 AM
I liked Sam at the beginning, until i saw some parts of his personality that i didn't like. And he was boring for me.
Good looking guy, but average housemate.
Gina and Dexter were amazing! Both made the show more interesting to watch.

Black Dagger
13-03-2014, 11:40 AM
No, he was ****ing boring, his one liners sucked, Dexter was a top housemate and the only feud they had was Sam calling him a bellend, yeah great housemate, Sam vs Sophie lol, both were ****ing pointless..

worst winner ever, legit worse than Josie and she was a kuhnt.

Tom4784
13-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I actually struggled to remember who Sam was, I had to google him. I'll let that be a testament to his entertainment value.

Marsh.
13-03-2014, 12:02 PM
I hated Dexter, but he wasn't boring.

Nobody's saying they're bores "because they won". They're called bores because they didn't do anything.

In Rachel Rice's case I think it's a little unfair because she had herself involved with things more than a fair few others and without her in that series several other housemates wouldn't have had their opportunity to do many things without her there.

But Sam was boring. Yes Dexter was contrived and fake, yes Callum was cringe worthy, yes Charlie was annoying, yes Gina was a fake, insecure bitch, yes Sallie was a twat but they didn't sleep their way through the series.

Sam vs Dexter consisted of one insult said under his breath as he flounced out of the bedroom.
Sam vs Sophie was so irrelevant it would crop up at random intervals when we'd forgotten who they were.
Sam and Gina's relationship was also out of left field when Gina decided he was the only housemate she was going to be completely nice about, purely because of his disability. That's all there was to it, Gina being immature and feeling "I can't get on the wrong side of the disabled kid, everyone will hate me. Aww, I love Sam".

Cherie
13-03-2014, 12:25 PM
3 of the 5 things you allude to not making him boring happened in the last week, in the case of Gina and his relationship in the second last day! One liners cant recall any, and Sophie V Sam..:umm2:

daniel-lewis-1985
13-03-2014, 01:48 PM
I liked him on live feed, his and Ginas relationship was totally cut out of the highlights though so wmost viewers didn't get to see that.

Shaun
13-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Sam's one liners

name one

Sam vs Sophie

was instigated by Sophie

Sam vs Dexter

was a shadow of Callum vs. Dexter

ah yes, the lengthy and shakespearean relationship that consisted of him saying he sort-of liked her

Vanessa
13-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Callum vs Dexter was epic! :worship:

reece(:
13-03-2014, 02:47 PM
He was barely in any of the highlight shows, there was nothing to show; thus he was a bore.

Samm
13-03-2014, 02:48 PM
no, he was a bore, he didn't do anything that I could remember

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwivhr6TON1r1154g.png

Natalie.
13-03-2014, 02:57 PM
He was so boring

Vanessa
13-03-2014, 02:58 PM
He spent most of his time sleeping. No idea how he won. :crazy:

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2014, 03:03 PM
unique dude indeed.,

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2014, 03:04 PM
oh and you're the same one who likes jim and thinks he's the most successful hm to come from the show.. when he was a celeb already and it's only been like two days since the series ended and anyway I've not seen him at all in the media

:umm2:

reece(:
13-03-2014, 04:34 PM
oh and you're the same one who likes jim and thinks he's the most successful hm to come from the show.. when he was a celeb already and it's only been like two days since the series ended and anyway I've not seen him at all in the media

:umm2:
Luisa's been in the media far more, never heard from Jim since.

zakman440
13-03-2014, 04:35 PM
No. Just no.

Kyle
13-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Winkie expanded all the way to first place.

The people's champion.

reece(:
13-03-2014, 04:47 PM

The people's champion.
http://i.minus.com/ibsbLj1c2aNts1.gif

Kyle
13-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Once upon a time there were two frauds called Dexter and Gina. The forum loved them but the people saw through their act and in the end they were slain by the mighty H.M.S Samuel. The battle was so fierce that it took the victors weeks to remove the fermenting grapes from the forum.

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2014, 04:59 PM

The people's champion.

I feel sick

thesheriff443
13-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Once upon a time there were two frauds called Dexter and Gina. The forum loved them but the people saw through their act and in the end they were slain by the mighty H.M.S Samuel. The battle was so fierce that it took the victors weeks to remove the fermenting grapes from the forum.

more life in a flat battery.

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Oh and the people's champion was Jemima, actually :conf2:

Kyle
13-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Still a few lemon suckers I see.

thesheriff443
13-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Oh and the people's champion was Jemima, actually :conf2:

who?:conf:

Vanessa
13-03-2014, 05:01 PM
more life in a flat battery.

:laugh:

reece(:
13-03-2014, 05:02 PM
He had the hottie and sympathy votes, of course he was going to beat the HMs that actually caused controversy.

Kyle
13-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Oh I must have fell asleep and missed her at the final.

thesheriff443
13-03-2014, 05:03 PM

i was tempted to squeeze lemon into my eyes when sam was shown to get a reaction

Marsh.
13-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Oh I must have fell asleep and missed her at the final.

That's what happened with many people when Sam won.

reece(:
13-03-2014, 05:04 PM
i was tempted to squeeze lemon into my eyes when sam was shown to get a reaction

That's what happened with many people when Sam won.

Double clocking.

thesheriff443
13-03-2014, 05:06 PM
when kazanne comes on!, im off!:creep::creep:

Macie Lightfoot
13-03-2014, 05:06 PM
I agree that Dexter sucks! But Sam does too oops

Kyle
13-03-2014, 05:11 PM
There was a young winner called Sam they would Say
And into the final foul Dexter he would slay
The girls in the house made his Winkie expand
And as his reward he got 100 grand

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2014, 05:14 PM

well duh, he's the worst winner of any reality television show.
there is every reason to hate on him

reece(:
13-03-2014, 05:16 PM
/bai

http://i.minus.com/iSyA74oWGAu9s.jpg

Kyle
13-03-2014, 05:17 PM
/bai

Any one of 6 members on here could have written that exact reply :hugesmile:

King Gizzard
13-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Great HM

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Any one of 6 members on here could have written that exact reply :hugesmile:

Mystic Mock
13-03-2014, 05:33 PM
The amount of people calling Sam a bore on here is unreal and its probably one of the biggest myths of bb14 lol.

Gonna make a confession, I found Sam more entertaining than Dexter. I actually do not know why Dexter was so loved on here, nothing he does really sticks out to me and in general his behaviour seemed ever contrived or cringy and what was that whole week with him vs Callum all about aka the worst week of bb14 and a total cringefest.

Sam's one liners
Sam vs Sophie
Sam vs Dexter
He wast afraid to have an argument or say some home truths

I think Im gonna throw this into the same bucket as the myth of Rachel Rice and Luke A being bores, as much as they werent the best housemates just because they won doesn't sudden mean they were bores.

Rachel Rice had no opinions, therefore she was a bore.

Sam lived off saying that his winkie was expanding.

Luke A I think was more entertaining than people give him credit for, but then male contestants can get it rough on here sometimes even if they are actually good (see Dappy in the last CBB series) as proof to tell you this fact.

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2014, 05:34 PM
^ I agree with the Luke A comment

Vicky.
13-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Literally the only thing I remember that he did was go on about his winkie expanding on the first night, and taking the 100k or whatever in that room whilst delivering a speech about deaf awareness

Macie Lightfoot
13-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Luke A I think was more entertaining than people give him credit for, but then male contestants can get it rough on here sometimes even if they are actually good (see Dappy in the last CBB series) as proof to tell you this fact.

Bold is completely untrue

smudgie
13-03-2014, 06:12 PM
There was a young winner called Sam they would Say
And into the final foul Dexter he would slay
The girls in the house made his Winkie expand
And as his reward he got 100 grand

Awwwww, you brought a tear to me eye lad.:bawling:

Such wonderful poetry, such a lovely subject.:hugesmile:

Daniel.
13-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I genuinly think he is the dullest hm ever genuinly makes the likes of Susie and Ahsleigh BB13 seem like stars

Sam vs Sophie was ****, not entertaining at all, people have to care about the hm's in a rivalry and with these two they didn't as they were so ****ing boring so didn't.

I really dont care if Dexter was faking or whatever and Im not his biggest fan but he was far ore entertaining than Sam, involved in the twists of that year as well as the storylines, he had the stuff with Charlie, Callum and the 'dexter vs house' storyline

Sam did **** all, he should have gone week 1

Rachel Rice and Luke A are far superior, at least if people think they are bores there win was a good way to tie up the story of each series, whereas Sam had no involvement in the story at all and didn't have the likeable and fun stuff to fall back on like Sophie BB10.

Worst winner ever.

Vanessa
13-03-2014, 06:14 PM
I genuinly think he is the dullest hm ever genuinly makes the likes of Susie and Ahsleigh BB13 seem like stars

Sam vs Sophie was ****, not entertaining at all, people have to care about the hm's in a rivalry and with these two they didn't as they were so ****ing boring so didn't.

I really dont care if Dexter was faking or whatever and Im not his biggest fan but he was far ore entertaining than Sam, involved in the twists of that year as well as the storylines, he had the stuff with Charlie, Callum and the 'dexter vs house' storyline

Rachel Rice and Luke A are far superior, at least if people think they are bores there win was a good way to tie up the story of each series, whereas Sam had no involvement in the story at all and didn't have the likeable and fun stuff to fall back on like Sophie BB10.

Worst winner ever.

Your sig! :worship:

Macie Lightfoot
13-03-2014, 06:19 PM
silly Daniel saying Ugleigh and Susie are dull, tsk tsk

Daniel.
13-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Compared to Sam they were golden

Macie Lightfoot
13-03-2014, 06:31 PM
They're golden regardless (esp golden housemate Susie~)

Daniel.
13-03-2014, 06:41 PM
You really think Ashleigh was a good housemate? http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/smilies/umm2.gif

Daniel.
13-03-2014, 06:42 PM
You really think Ashleigh was a good housemate?http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/smilies/umm2.gif

Vicky.
13-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I don't think Suzie was THAT boring really. It was just a bit unfortunate that she drank so much tea, as thats what she got known for :laugh:

Macie Lightfoot
13-03-2014, 07:39 PM
You really think Ashleigh was a good housemate? http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/smilies/umm2.gif

There are plenty of worse HMs and Lusleigh may have been the best showmance since Stuchelle so ya.

Benjamin
13-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Sam is one of the most useless housemates ever

Pete.
13-03-2014, 07:47 PM
don't kid yourself

uniquedude
14-03-2014, 12:49 AM
I hated Dexter, but he wasn't boring.

Nobody's saying they're bores "because they won". They're called bores because they didn't do anything.

In Rachel Rice's case I think it's a little unfair because she had herself involved with things more than a fair few others and without her in that series several other housemates wouldn't have had their opportunity to do many things without her there.

But Sam was boring. Yes Dexter was contrived and fake, yes Callum was cringe worthy, yes Charlie was annoying, yes Gina was a fake, insecure bitch, yes Sallie was a twat but they didn't sleep their way through the series.

Sam vs Dexter consisted of one insult said under his breath as he flounced out of the bedroom.
Sam vs Sophie was so irrelevant it would crop up at random intervals when we'd forgotten who they were.
Sam and Gina's relationship was also out of left field when Gina decided he was the only housemate she was going to be completely nice about, purely because of his disability. That's all there was to it, Gina being immature and feeling "I can't get on the wrong side of the disabled kid, everyone will hate me. Aww, I love Sam".

In no way am I saying Sam was the best thing since sliced bread but I prefered him over some others and I think people on this forum use the bore word a bit ott when it doesnt really apply. A true bore would be Sam from the latest celeb edition

uniquedude
14-03-2014, 12:50 AM
I liked him on live feed, his and Ginas relationship was totally cut out of the highlights though so wmost viewers didn't get to see that.

sad that their wasnt more live feed as thats the only true way of seeing someones character

uniquedude
14-03-2014, 12:51 AM
name one

was instigated by Sophie

was a shadow of Callum vs. Dexter

ah yes, the lengthy and shakespearean relationship that consisted of him saying he sort-of liked her

I sort of agree but I preferred Sam vs Dexter that whole Dexter vs Callum thing was a like a showment just for the cameras

uniquedude
14-03-2014, 12:54 AM

I think Dappy is overrated apart from the whole sexist thing with Luisa he did little else

uniquedude
14-03-2014, 12:56 AM

Worst winner ever.

I disagree, but not everyone will have the same opinion. Personally I think Dexter should have gone week 1 tbh, nothing he did entertained me, Sam on the other hand...

Marsh.
14-03-2014, 01:04 AM
In no way am I saying Sam was the best thing since sliced bread but I prefered him over some others and I think people on this forum use the bore word a bit ott when it doesnt really apply. A true bore would be Sam from the latest celeb edition

I never said you did say he was the best thing, I think he was a bore.

A lot of words are used in excess and OTT to describe housemates but bore suits Sam down to the ground. Name one memorable thing about Sam (that's about Sam, not Gina, Dexter, Callum or anyone else).

Marsh.
14-03-2014, 01:05 AM
I disagree, but not everyone will have the same opinion. Personally I think Dexter should have gone week 1 tbh, nothing he did entertained me, Sam on the other hand...

I detested Dexter but he was far from a bore. Whether you enjoyed watching him or not, he actually did something to contribute to the show.

uniquedude
14-03-2014, 01:11 AM
I detested Dexter but he was far from a bore. Whether you enjoyed watching him or not, he actually did something to contribute to the show.

he did contribute something to the show...but he was boring to me. I dont go on what people contribute to the show but how I connect with them, something was off about Dexter that made viewing him annoying.

Marsh.
14-03-2014, 02:45 AM
he did contribute something to the show...but he was boring to me. I dont go on what people contribute to the show but how I connect with them, something was off about Dexter that made viewing him annoying.

But a lack of contribution can lead to a lack of connection, Sam had a lack of contribution.

He won for the same reason Rachel, Cameron and Sophie did. They were the least controversial and polarising of the bunch. They were the neutral choices amongst the rest of the group.

zakman440
14-03-2014, 07:12 AM

They are on the same level of boringness. The only time they were both featured in the show were either when they were in a shopping task, given a task or did something that could suggest a romance. The rest of the time we didn't see them.

Kyle
14-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Oh you guys, remember that time when Dexter almost won?

Me. I Am Salman
14-03-2014, 08:37 AM
There are plenty of worse HMs and Lusleigh may have been the best showmance since Stuchelle so ya.

:laugh2::laugh2:

chiggy >>>

Me. I Am Salman
14-03-2014, 08:39 AM
I don't think Suzie was THAT boring really. It was just a bit unfortunate that she drank so much tea, as thats what she got known for :laugh:

she was majorly important to the series as I said the other day. the events of Grace's eviction night, Nikki's diary room rant etc. would never have happened

Black Dagger
14-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Oh you guys, remember that time when Dexter almost won?

I don't know why you are crying 'SOUR GRAPES' for people having an opinion, yet you make comments like this l-o-l

Kyle
14-03-2014, 10:20 AM
I don't know why you are crying 'SOUR GRAPES' for people having an opinion, yet you make comments like this l-o-l

Still hurts?

Jordan.
14-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Idec anymore I'm just glad he robbed Dexter and his fans of victory :flower:

Marsh.
14-03-2014, 02:47 PM
A true bore would be Sam from the latest celeb edition

Although you could say Sam had health problems as an excuse. What was Sam's? Personality problems?

Black Dagger
14-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Still hurts?

No, because it was a TV show and nearly a year ago and I'm not that petty.. sorry for having an opinion on your precious Sam, I shall not do it again.

Kyle
14-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Can't have a laugh with some people :hugesmile:

Black Dagger
14-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Quite right, I am too sour.

Kyle
14-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Just like Citeh's European exploits this season :hehe:

Me. I Am Salman
14-03-2014, 03:08 PM
:hehe:

Jack_
14-03-2014, 03:11 PM
No myth, just a fact I'm afraid. A total ****ing irrelevant waste of a housemate place that did absolutely **** all for most of his stay, the points you raised were all instigated by other housemates so no they do not count, if you have to count on other people to provide you with storylines and stuff to do, you're a sh*t housemate

When people look back on this series they think of Dexter, Gina, Hazel and Sallie (and to a lesser extent Callum), they were the stars and the ones that made the series...Sam added nothing and the only real reason he had support was as some pathetic anti Gina and Dexter campaign that anyone who didn't like housemates that actually spoke could jump on

uniquedude
14-03-2014, 05:31 PM
No myth, just a fact I'm afraid. A total ****ing irrelevant waste of a housemate place that did absolutely **** all for most of his stay, the points you raised were all instigated by other housemates so no they do not count, if you have to count on other people to provide you with storylines and stuff to do, you're a sh*t housemate

When people look back on this series they think of Dexter, Gina, Hazel and Sallie (and to a lesser extent Callum), they were the stars and the ones that made the series...Sam added nothing and the only real reason he had support was as some pathetic anti Gina and Dexter campaign that anyone who didn't like housemates that actually spoke could jump on

Every housemate has to rely on others they cant argue with themselves. Hazel would have been totally irrelevant had Daley or Gina not been there, she was relatievly boring before all of the Daley stuff but she is my favorite from that year none the less and many other peoples. I wont count Dexter in that because I dont remember anything he did that was entertaining. Sallie and Gina were good and they did stand out and I am not debating that BUT I just said I dont think Sam is a bore that is all, take all other hms out of the equation.

Marsh.
14-03-2014, 06:56 PM
No, because Hazel and the others didn't slink into the background and refuse to involve themselves with their housemates.

Without Dexter, Gina would've made effort with someone else. Without Daley or Gina, Hazel would've been involved in something else.

Whereas no matter who was in the house with him, Sam just kicked back and relaxed. He's a nice lad and he probably got a great holiday out of the experience (not to mention a whopping prize) but refusing to engage in anyway results in zero entertainment value.

Even when he did "confront" Dexter it was a passive aggressive line thrown out as he walked out of the bedroom. It was down to Dexter to then pull him up on it and get him to engage in a discussion about what the problem was.