PDA

View Full Version : Hazel Vs Gina

Pages : [1] 2

LukeB
04-01-2015, 03:44 PM
I never see this debate as much as "Helen Vs Ashleigh" Which is annoying now. It gives you reminder how awful BB15 was and it's best forgotten really.

So Hazel vs Gina who is better

BB14 best C5 series (imo) :flutter:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 03:45 PM
I loved both but Gina had more entertaining.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Hazel :love:

I like both really but Hazel is just better

Loukas
04-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Gina added more throughout the series..
I vote Gina!

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 03:48 PM
In the rivalry though, Gina was nasty.

Firewire
04-01-2015, 03:48 PM
I preferred Gina but loved Hazel, too.

Rob!
04-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Queen Hazel :worship:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Someone do a Chanelle and Cahrley

Rob!
04-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Gina started out as a brilliant housemate but turned into a nasty bitter bitch who was just running on her own popularity.

Scream
04-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Hazel!!

Gina insulted Hazel at every opportunity. I'll never forget when the twins said Hazel was like a bull in a china shop and Hazel asked what they said and Gina jumped in and said 'like a bully in a china shop' because she misheard it. When has bully in a china shop ever been a thing?

Rob!
04-01-2015, 03:56 PM
That argument in the bedroom. Hazel slayed :love:

Amy Jade
04-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Hazel. Gina was jealous as hell of her and she tried desperately to make Hazel miserable but it backfired and lost Gina the show.

The big fight in the bedroom Hazel made Gina look a total moron.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Queen Hazel
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10888748_10152926985338972_7825508835386990461_n.j pg?oh=9dbbcb6f195491d7a1305904804f012f&oe=552D15A1&__gda__=1429223412_7c2c07ca902174755932dbdb051c0f6 b

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Gina was more fierce but I agree Hazel won the argument

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Hazel. Gina was jealous as hell of her and she tried desperately to make Hazel miserable but it backfired and lost Gina the show.

The big fight in the bedroom Hazel made Gina look a total moron.

How did she try to make Hazel miserable?

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Hazel every single time. :worship:

Although looking back it was good to watch Gina slowly destroy her own popularity and lose herself the show that she could've won at one point.

Samm
04-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Gina of course

Hazel was pathetic when she argued, she always went on about Gina's looks, think of something original bitch

LukeB
04-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Hazel every single time. :worship:

Although looking back it was good to watch Gina slowly destroy her own popularity and lose herself the show that she could've won at one point.

Hazel destroying people's chances :flutter:

Lostie!
04-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Hazel wasn't perfect (getting inappropriately close with a guy in a relationship), but Gina was just utterly unpleasant. The OTT adoration for her just made me like her even less.

Still don't get why people loved her for her Primark comment and hated Zoe for her Tesco comment, but then again, Gina was praised for various things that other HMs have been criticised for. :shrug:

LukeB
04-01-2015, 04:14 PM
I do still like Gina but her jealously was her down fall

Liam-
04-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Hazel wasn't perfect (getting inappropriately close with a guy in a relationship), but Gina was just utterly unpleasant. The OTT adoration for her just made me like her even less.

Still don't get why people loved her for her Primark comment and hated Zoe for her Tesco comment, but then again, Gina was praised for various things that other HMs have been criticised for. :shrug:

joeysteele
04-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Hazel for me, any day of the week.

armand.kay
04-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Hazel destroying people's chances :flutter:

Her own chances included http://i.imgur.com/Wc8Ugkm.gif

LukeB
04-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Her own chances included http://i.imgur.com/Wc8Ugkm.gif

tbf Hazel never had any chance like Gina did:laugh:

armand.kay
04-01-2015, 05:00 PM
To answer the question I loved both girls and both were brilliant housemates, from Gina accusing people of racism to hazel stealing that girls man and reducing her to tears, both contributed a lot to the season.
It gave be so much joy when their feud began(that mirror scene will forever be iconic :flutter:).
But overall I would say I prefer Gina as she had the comical factor to her cattiness, she honestly was so funny I don't know why people took everything so serious. :laugh:

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Gina of course

Hazel was pathetic when she argued, she always went on about Gina's looks, think of something original bitch

Because Gina was always original every single time she brought up Daley and the word "homewrecker".

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 06:14 PM
How on earth did Hazel win the argument in the bedroom when her tactics were telling Gina **** like "I know you are but what am I" and "ew you smell"

armand.kay
04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Gina dragged hazel tbh

Jake.
04-01-2015, 06:34 PM
How on earth did Hazel win the argument in the bedroom when her tactics were telling Gina **** like "I know you are but what am I" and "ew you smell"

Yeah, because Hazel being referred to as a 'homewrecker' 20 times was sooo much more in-depth

Amy Jade
04-01-2015, 06:44 PM

Gina's tactics were to attack people and make fun of their clothing price. Hazel told her some home truthes.

Liam-
04-01-2015, 06:50 PM
I'm glad to see Queen Hazel winning this :flutter:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Gina was for more entertaining.

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeah, because Hazel being referred to as a 'homewrecker' 20 times was sooo much more in-depth

I don't think anyone ever claimed that Gina was in-depth in that argument. She didn't come across well at all and was extremely petty but that was nothing new? She's a cartoon character and literally looks like one of Jim Henson's Muppets, she was never meant to be taken seriously. Meanwhile, the resilient and unflappable ice queen Hazel, who didn't even let a potential rape scenario break her, let Gina get under her skin. It doesn't make any sense that Gina Rio of all people reduced Hazel to "yep mhmm yeah sure mhmm yes I'm so affected on my high horse mhmmmm."

At the end of the day, Gina was dressed like a queen bee all week and ordered Hazel around, administered physical pain to her at her own discretion, and watched her get evicted and walk out the door. It's clear who really won and it doesn't have anything to do with the argument in the bedroom.

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Yet, the argument in the bedroom is what was being discussed so your post is largely deviating from the discussion.

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 07:40 PM
The thread's about their whole rivalry, not "who got who better in the bedroom in August 2013"

Raph
04-01-2015, 07:41 PM
This is such a tough poll as these two are two of my favorite female housemates of all time. Gina I loved as she made me laugh all the time and had this really endearing quirky quality to her. Like someone else already pointed out only Gina could get away with that Primark comment, and it was such a perfect moment too. That being said, Hazel to me was a riveting character. The fact that she successfully lured on a guy in a relationship and clearly had no qualms in doing so made her a fascinating housemate. Hazel to me is the more fascinating one, Gina the more lovable one. It makes them super hard to compare for me, i'll have to give it more of a think.

Black Dagger
04-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Hazel was atrocious, not here for her winning.

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:03 PM
The thread's about their whole rivalry, not "who got who better in the bedroom in August 2013"

Ok, wind it down a little bit.

You responded to posts which were referring to that argument, therefore that's what their comments were talking about my love.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 08:04 PM

Who said anything about thathttp://i.imgur.com/cQ466yh.jpg

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:07 PM

Which is what my post was referring to

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Jake, Marsh and Luke :clap1:

Liam-
04-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Ok, wind it down a little bit.

You responded to posts which were referring to that argument, therefore that's what their comments were talking about my love.

Have i ever told you that i love you? :lovedup:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Stop the bullying of Macie

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Which is what my post was referring to

and I responded to that. I also happened to make a general statement about Gina and Hazel's entire rivalry.

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Have i ever told you that i love you? :lovedup:

:flutter:

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:12 PM
With regards to who I personally prefer, Hazel >>

Gina peaked by the second week, and slowly became some bitter, nasty and bitchy caricature of herself who was no longer funny to watch and provided nothing but negativity. The way she treated Hazel was beyond the point of being catty and even sexist (another case of the woman being labelled the 'homewrecker' whilst the male gets off with half as much). She didn't have a reason to have a problem with Hazel, but one day she woke up and decided 'actually I don't like her anymore so I might as well make her life hell'. Nothing endearing about the woman at all for me.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I think it would be summed up well to say Hazel was a better person but Gina was a better housemate.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:14 PM
I think it would be summed up well to say Hazel was a better person but Gina was a better housemate.

I don't

Liam-
04-01-2015, 08:14 PM

No, Gina was awful in every sense :laugh:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:15 PM
http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/customavatars/avatar65227_38.gif

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:15 PM
With regards to who I personally prefer, Hazel >>

Gina peaked by the second week, and slowly became some bitter, nasty and bitchy caricature of herself who was no longer funny to watch and provided nothing but negativity. The way she treated Hazel was beyond catty and even sexist (another case of the woman being labelled the 'homewrecker' whilst the male gets off with half as much). Nothing endearing about the woman at all for me.

Whilst I see what you're saying Jake, I think in Hazel's case whilst sexism as a whole definitely plays a role in her being the one who seemed to get all the blame for it, the 'homewrecker' accusation was fair. With Hazel, whilst it was fascinating for me to watch, you could tell she would strongly flirt with Daley, despite very well knowing he had a a girlfriend. To me, that is deliberately trying to 'homewreck', if you will. That being said, the bigger issue was that Daley wasn't given any of the blame for it, when ultimately, he was the one who was committed to someone, not Hazel. So I guess what i'm getting at is that whilst the constant targeting of Hazel and only Hazel very much showed deeper roots of sexism, the 'homewrecker' label itself was somewhat justified.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Gina ha a load of entertainin momens such as the feud with Sllie, Jemima, her arguing with Jackie and her kookyness. Yes she was nasty to Hazel, but she brought more than negativity.

Raph

See to me, Gina was a better person but Hazel was a better housemate :laugh:

LukeB
Whilst I see what you're saying Jake, I think in Hazel's case whilst sexism as a whole definitely plays a role in her being the one who seemed to get all the blame for it, the 'homewrecker' accusation was fair. With Hazel, whilst it was fascinating for me to watch, you could tell she would strongly flirt with Daley, despite very well knowing he had a a girlfriend. To me, that is deliberately trying to 'homewreck', if you will. That being said, the bigger issue was that Daley wasn't given any of the blame for it, when ultimately, he was the one who was committed to someone, not Hazel. So I guess what i'm getting at is that whilst the constant targeting of Hazel and only Hazel very much showed deeper roots of sexism, the 'homewrecker' label itself was somewhat justified.

This.

It really annoyed me Daley got hardly any blame, when it takes two to tango

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:17 PM

I completely disagreee - Hazel was told by Daley he was going to spilt up with her and he was coming on strong - Daley lied and led Hazel to feel free to flirt. Hazel was not even nasty, a lovely girl who did nothing wrong

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:18 PM

I completely disagreee - Hazel was told by Daley he was going to spilt up with her and he was coming on strong - Daley lied and led Hazel to feel free to flirt. Hazel was not even nasty, a lovely girl who did nothing wrong to be hones

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:20 PM

I do understand what you're saying, but it always takes two to tango and the most Daley got from Gina (as if it was ever any of her business anyway) was 'you really need to stop' whilst Hazel had a good 3-4 weeks of pure drivel. I don't agree with somebody coming inbetween a couple in any circumstance, but as you've pointed out, for only the female (and the person who was single) to take on the full responsibility is completely unfair and sexist. Gina was just a jelous person who used this as an excuse to get back at a much more attractive female who didn't look like a man in drag 24/7.

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:21 PM
He also changed his story a few times during the first few weeks.

From girlfriend, to ex girlfriend, to someone he was just dating but they weren't official.

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:21 PM
I do understand what you're saying, but it always takes two to tango and the most Daley got from Gina (as if it was ever any of her business anyway) was 'you really need to stop' whilst Hazel had a good 3-4 weeks of pure drivel. I don't agree with somebody coming inbetween a couple in any circumstance, but as you've pointed out, for only the female (and the person who was single) to take on the full responsibility is completely unfair and sexist. Gina was just a jelous person who used this as an excuse to get back at a much more attractive female who didn't look like a man in drag 24/7.

:clap1:

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:22 PM
I completely disagreee - Hazel was told by Daley he was going to spilt up with her and he was coming on strong - Daley lied and led Hazel to feel free to flirt. Hazel was not even nasty, a lovely girl who did nothing wrong

From what I remember Daley said to Hazel first "I like you" but never said he would actually break up with his girlfriend, although he may have insinuated it with the way he behaved. Hazel is in my top 10 housemates of all time, so i'd never say she was nasty but ultimately the right thing to do would've been to not engage in flirting with Daley until he actually had broken up with his girlfriend. By doing so, in particular always asking Daley for 'a hug' when it was clearly putting him in an uncomfortable situation, showed homewrecking-esque behavior to me.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Gina ha a load of entertainin momens such as the feud with Sllie, Jemima, her arguing with Jackie and her kookyness. Yes she was nasty to Hazel, but she brought more than negativity.

Literally only found those two of entertainment value, and even then to unfairly brand somebody as a racist was pretty disgusting.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:23 PM
He also changed his story a few times during the first few weeks.

From girlfriend, to ex girlfriend, to someone he was just dating but they weren't official.

I was about to post this. He said one thing one moment and then another the next.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Literally only found those two of entertainment value, and even then to unfairly brand somebody as a racist was pretty disgusting.

this tbh :clap2:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:24 PM
To say "you probably would not date a white guy" was not the best of things to say

Liam-
04-01-2015, 08:24 PM

Yeah, that was beyond low and totally out of order, the fact that Jemima actually got a warning because of it as well was just astonishing.

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:25 PM

Absolutely. And it's evident -- e.g. When Siavash was hooking up with Noirin or Steven with Kimberly, neither got any hard time at all which is totally unjust and unfortunately it all stems from society deeming certain things unacceptable for women that are apparently acceptable for men :bored:

Jake.
To say "you probably would not date a white guy" was not the best of things to say

Being backed in a corner after being accused of potential racism is going to catch you on your feet.. She shouldn't have said it but didn't mean it in a harmful way.

Macie Lightfoot
I wish Hazel wasn't shameless enough to appear on like the second episode of BOTS for BB15 after Channel 5 released a statement that she was to blame for Daley nearly raping her.

I think ultimately for me, Hazel sounds great on paper but she's not all that good at being Hazel.

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:26 PM
All this discussion just reminds me how phenomenal BB14 was :lovedup:

Daniel.
I agree with that. (To Jake)

Jake.
Absolutely. And it's evident -- e.g. When Siavash was hooking up with Noirin or Steven with Kimberly, neither got any hard time at all which is totally unjust and unfortunately it all stems from society deeming certain things unacceptable for women that are apparently acceptable for men :bored:

Ergh the whole Marcus/Siavash situation with Noirin :bored: The fact that she was made to look like some nasty villian because she wasn't sexually attracted to a man with the tendencies of a skunk.

Daniel.

It was average

LukeB
04-01-2015, 08:27 PM

the best series channel 5 did :lovedup:
doubt any other big brother in the future will match it

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Big Brother 13 is better than Big Brother 14

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Ergh the whole Marcus/Siavash situation with Noirin :bored: The fact that she was made to look like some nasty villian because she wasn't sexually attracted to a man with the tendencies of a skunk.

Not to mention the fact that Siavash had a girlfriend and he was cheating on her, but uh it was okay because he was male and was popular with the public :bored:

Marsh.
I wish Hazel wasn't shameless enough to appear on like the second episode of BOTS for BB15 after Channel 5 released a statement that she was to blame for Daley nearly raping her.

I think ultimately for me, Hazel sounds great on paper but she's not all that good at being Hazel.

She probably hasn't paid any attention to that stuff. Only the forum fans who look out for any BB news of any kind probably saw that.

Daniel.
The Norin slut shanig was vile, apart from when Bea did it because Bea could do anything and I would still love her.

Raph
the best series channel 5 did :lovedup:
doubt any other big brother in the future will match it

BB14 was my favorite Big Brother of all time. So much to discuss unlike BB15 which for me didn't have a single discussion point that interested me apart from perhaps the odd funny Toya quote which really isn't a discussion point

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Effort/production wise, I can see why people rate BB14. BB13 had a far better cast, but for the first time it seemed like C5 was bothering with listening to fans for BB14 (what with the implementation of some live feed and more diverse characters).

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:30 PM
I think production was one of the worst things about it I hate twists every week

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I prefer the diversity. BB13 had a load of clone housemates who seemed way too alike for me to enjoy it.

Also, Jemima "My daughter died!!!!!!" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything Gina did. :laugh:

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:31 PM
I think production was one of the worst things about it I hate twists every week

Yeah, I love BB14 but that "Live from the house" for the latest noms twists was irritating.

Raph
Effort/production wise, I can see why people rate BB14. BB13 had a far better cast, but for the first time it seemed like C5 was bothering with listening to fans for BB14 (what with the implementation of some live feed and more diverse characters).

Yes :love: I loved the fact that the cast actually didn't seem to only constitute of recruits and had people from a whole variety of backgrounds. That, and there was far less production manipulation as a whole. And live feed, yes. Online live feed too - remember the hype of Daley v Hazel thanks to that night of live streaming! And the house was superb too - something really creative and different! It was a travesty that Channel 5 took one step forwards and then 10 steps back when it came to BB15

Jake.
BB15's production was far worse. By the end it felt pointless voting, because it was so manipulated that you'd only be feeding into their hands.

Macie Lightfoot

Yeah, everyone complains about BB15's absurd twists regarding nominations and the sporadic rules about being nominated if you received more than one nomination and everything else, but BB14 really got the ball rolling with that idea.

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I prefer the diversity. BB13 had a load of clone housemates who seemed way too alike for me to enjoy it.

Also, Jemima "My daughter died!!!!!!" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything Gina did. :laugh:

Jemima's daughter dying moment is one of my all time favorite Big Brother moments. Just so iconic and so very hilarious.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:33 PM
'DAN she ****ing did die!! She died in my arms!'

Raph
BB15's production was far worse. By the end it felt pointless voting, because it was so manipulated that you'd only be feeding into their hands.

Pointless to vote, pointless to watch and pointless to discuss. Bb15 made me ashamed to like Big Brother, it was just such a mess

Daniel.
Big Brother 14 was also the series when recruits became obvious - Sallie, Hazel, Jemima, Dexter and Gina were all obvious recruits

Raph
'DAN she ****ing did die!! She died in my arms!'

Flawless :lovedup:

LukeB
04-01-2015, 08:34 PM
BB14 was my favorite Big Brother of all time. So much to discuss unlike BB15 which for me didn't have a single discussion point that interested me apart from perhaps the odd funny Toya quote which really isn't a discussion point

the fact that so many people was likeable for me (part from Dexter,Twins,Jackie,Wolfy and Dan) is another highlight of BB14

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:34 PM
I agree Raph but it is weird how you love Big Brother 14 but not Big Brother 15 when both had similar twists

LukeB
04-01-2015, 08:35 PM
I agree Raph but it is weird how you love Big Brother 14 but not Big Brother 15 when both had similar twists

not really

Liam-
04-01-2015, 08:35 PM
The 'my daughter died' 'no she didn't!' argument is possibly one of my favourites ever tbf :love:

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:36 PM
the fact that so many people was likeable for me (part from Dexter,Twins,Jackie,Wolfy and Dan) is another highlight of BB14

So true! And even the characters who I hated (Dan, Dexter, Charlie, Jackie) added so much value to the series, unlike the nonentities of BB15 who I hated just because all they provided was negativity and boredom (Ashleigh, Chris, Winston, Pav, Tamara, Ash, Jale, Steven, Christopher... the list goes on I can't even remember them)

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Big Brother 14 was also the series when recruits became obvious - Sallie, Hazel, Jemima, Dexter and Gina were all obvious recruits

I don't think being a recruit discredits someone from being a good housemate and in many ways I actually prefer recruits to people who know the show inside out and try to manipulate the audience with constructed good vs. evil narratives and whatnot (the Ziggy-Darnell-Siavash-John James-Aaron archetype is thankfully behind us.) I just think that both the 14 and 15 casts are rather unlikable :shrug:

Raph

Well in BB15 nominations were toyed with pretty much every week because of the power trip stuff whereas in BB14 nominations were only messed with in Weeks 1 and 6 if I remember correctly?

Jake.
Although I believe that the casting team got very lucky where the cast was concerned, BB13 tops it for me. What appeared to be another young cast on the outside was actually a group of argumentative, nasty yet diverse people

LukeB
04-01-2015, 08:38 PM
So true! And even the characters who I hated (Dan, Dexter, Charlie, Jackie) added so much value to the series, unlike the nonentities of BB15 who I hated just because all they provided was negativity and boredom (Ashleigh, Chris, Winston, Pav, Tamara, Ash, Jale, Steven, Christopher... the list goes on I can't even remember them)

and BB14 wasn't messy and hardly anything was manipulated. Safe house was a good twist tbf

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:39 PM
No they were messed with every week

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:39 PM
BB14 was manipulated hugely

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Well in BB15 nominations were toyed with pretty much every week because of the power trip stuff whereas in BB14 nominations were only messed with in Weeks 1 and 6 if I remember correctly?

Gina and Dexter got to save and replace a nominee from the safe house. BB14 was also the start of there being no rule as to how many people get nominated/how many nominations you need to be nominated. Each week had a different set of unwritten rules that usually ended up with nearly half the house being nominated.

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Although I believe that the casting team got very lucky where the cast was concerned, BB13 tops it for me. What appeared to be another young cast on the outside was actually a group of argumentative, nasty yet diverse people

BB13 did have a pretty great cast, I agree. Characters like Deana, Caroline etc really added so much value and depth to the season. But to me the wonderful thing about BB14 was that we had people like Wolfy, Jack and Joe, Callum, Charlie, Jackie, Sophie etc who were all ordinary relatable people. Then BB15 just messed it up by entirely objectifying women (All were either models or had exposure in television bar Jale) and awful men who were either models or lacked in any sort of personality

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:42 PM
BB14 was manipulated hugely

It may be that I forgot about that as I liked everything else about the season, i'll give you that :laugh:

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:42 PM
BB14 had a lot of comedy/humour to it which I love. It wasn't relentlessly miserable like BB15.

Just thinking of Ashleigh sat in the pod with her fly eye sunglasses makes me want to cut my wrists.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Least we saw actual nominations in big brother 14.

Raph
BB14 had a lot of comedy/humour to it which I love. It wasn't relentlessly miserable like BB15.

Just thinking of Ashleigh sat in the pod with her fly eye sunglasses makes me want to cut my wrists.

Couldn't agree more. And ewww at that miserable image :(

Daniel.
What are you on about Luke?

Daniel.
Ashleigh's bitching saved BB15

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:44 PM
I think that's why BB15 gets a lot more stick, because it was literally filled with people who didn't get on and slagged eachother off all day. I don't care what anybody says, BB15 without Helen most likely would have saved it.

Liam-

Incorrect

Macie Lightfoot
Least we saw actual nominations in big brother 14.

About the same amount of times we saw them in 15 :shrug:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:45 PM
If Toya stayed longer and Helen went earlier, it could have been good.

Daniel.
Incorrect

I am shocked

LukeB
What are you on about Luke?

obviously watching each of them getting to nominate other housemates unlike BB15 where we saw hardly any of that.

Jake.

It saved nothing. Watching Ashleigh bitch wasn't fun, watching Helen act like a dickhead everytime she opened her mouth wasn't fun. None of it was fun.

Raph
I may have played a role in bringing it up but can we please go back to talking about BB14? BB15 just hurts :/

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I much prefer BB14 to BB15 but to say one was less manipulated than the other is rubbish

armand.kay
Toya and Pauline made the beguiling of bb15 it all went downhill after toya left imo

LukeB
I may have played a role in bringing it up but can we please go back to talking about BB14? BB15 just hurts :/

this :laugh:

Raph
It saved nothing. Watching Ashleigh bitch wasn't fun, watching Helen act like a dickhead everytime she opened her mouth wasn't fun. None of it was fun.

This 1 million percent. So well put Jake. :worship:

armand.kay
Like I didn't really like Pauline but looking back she was funny af

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:47 PM
If Toya stayed longer and Helen went earlier, it could have been good.

Toya went around the correct time, but Helen should have gone before her. Toya staying until week 9 would have given us the exact same issue as Helen staying for the entire duration.

Daniel.

For me it did, watching Ashleigh and Danielle made me enjoy BB15 a bit

Liam-
As much as i loved Helen.. i do have to say, if Toya had stayed, she would have still been my favourite, she would have kept the series good.

Macie Lightfoot
^ Pauline really wasn't that funny at all

LukeB
About the same amount of times we saw them in 15 :shrug:

BB14 - 7
bb15 - 6

but BB15 was more messed

Jake.
^ Pauline really wasn't that funny at all

Jake.
BB14 - 7
bb15 - 6

So, one difference?

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I think Luke means there was more weeks of us watching the whole house nominate (even if those noms were then manipulated) unlike in BB15 where we had week after week of one particular housemate or group of housemates being allowed to nominate just two people or save someone. Rather than us seeing everyone ranting in the diary room.

Although that reminds me, IIRC BB14 really overdid the "playing diary room conversations into the house" 'twist'. 15 did too.

Daniel.
Toya went around the correct time, but Helen should have gone before her. Toya staying until week 9 would have given us the exact same issue as Helen staying for the entire duration.

Toya could have a laugh and such though, she could control her temper like Helen. I think Toya staying longer would have been good

Raph
Noooo please Queen Hazel and Queen Gina discussions!!! Not the miserable one v the tyrant!

LukeB
Noooo please Queen Hazel and Queen Gina discussions!!! Not the miserable one v the tyrant!

:worship:

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:49 PM
I love how even a discussion about Gina and Hazel turns into a Ashleigh one.

Marsh.
Toya could have a laugh and such though, she could control her temper like Helen. I think Toya staying longer would have been good

But did she have anything else to offer outside of her narcissistic rants and painfully unoriginal and rehearsed "sassy one liners"?

No. :idc:

armand.kay
BB13 was flawless as well Caroline's evilness and deana clocking hoes :love:

Jake.
Oh and I know I've mentioned it before but the way Jale was treated (whether you personally liked or didn't like her) was disgusting. But hey, she's white and unattractive so it was far easier to sweep under the carpet.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Yes, she would have made a good match for Helen as she was more outspoken than Ashleigh.

Marsh.
Stop it Jake, Jale was sex on legs. :nono:

Macie Lightfoot

Caroline's scrump and pathetic.

LukeB

I love Caroline!

I remember when she got evicted </3 If i can remember correctly wasn't it so close between Luke S and Caroline for VTS?

Marsh.
Yes, she would have made a good match for Helen as she was more outspoken than Ashleigh.

Two Helen's, that would've improved the series... :umm2:

Daniel.
Caroline was a poor man's Grace

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Two Helen's, that would've improved the series... :umm2:

If Helen went in week six and Ashleigh, Danielle and Toy ran it

Jake.

But she wasn't really during her first three weeks. She was flawless during the huge argument with the 'lads', but apart from that she was a bit of a dick who followed the nearest clique she could find. Remember when Jale tried saying good morning to her and she literally acted like she wasn't even there? That isn't funny, it isn't sassy, it's just dick-ish.

Liam-
Caroline was vile.. the only time i laughed at her was when she had to eat those fish eyes and I'm pretty sure i only laughed at that because she was miserable.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Stop it Jake, Jale was sex on legs. :nono:

:laugh:

armand.kay
04-01-2015, 08:53 PM
I love Caroline!

I remember when she got evicted </3 If i can remember correctly wasn't it so close between Luke S and Caroline for VTS?

Caroline's eviction was such a fix tho. Like had they not of kept closing and reopening the lines she would of defiantly beat Luke S.

LukeB
Back to a better subject other then the messy big brother 15 that should be forgotten

the poll is rather close

Marsh.
Ashleigh, Danielle and Toy ran it

*slits wrists*

Daniel.
But she wasn't really during her first three weeks. She was flawless during the huge argument with the 'lads', but apart from that she was a bit of a dick who followed the nearest clique she could find. Remember when Jale tried saying good morning to her and she literally acted like she wasn't even there? That isn't funny, it isn't sassy, it's just dick-ish.

I just remembered that but either way Toy realised who the nasty ones were.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Caroline was beating Luke s before they closed and re-opened the lines for the 50th time

armand.kay
Remember when Jale tried saying good morning to her and she literally acted like she wasn't even there? That isn't funny, it isn't sassy, it's just dick-ish.

To be fair to her she did later retreat it and apologise.

LukeB
Caroline's eviction was such a fix tho. Like had they not of kept closing and reopening the lines she would of defiantly beat Luke S.

Yeah, They should have closed the lines completely and just told us who was evicted rather then saving them then opening them all the time Because Caroline was ahead of Luke S.

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 08:55 PM
It was for the better though because Luke Scrase's constantly humiliation <3

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:56 PM
I wish Ashleigh went that week.

Jake.
To be fair to her she did later retreat it and apologise.

Well yeah but Helen kinda proved that you can constantly go back and apologise without it actually ever meaning anything

Marsh.
My last BB15 related comment is that Danielle being booted out instantly by the two newbies was the best moment of the series. :clap1:

Take that bitch. :laugh:

Raph
Remember the slugsworth nickname? To think the person who started that won, and only because the runner-up was just as mean wow bb15 truly is the low of lows when it comes to big brother

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Danielle :love:

Jake.
My last BB15 related comment is that Danielle being booted out instantly by the two newbies was the best moment of the series. :clap1:

Take that bitch. :laugh:

Yes because Zoe and Pav went on to provide us with so much more :clap1:

Daniel.
Ashleigh was no where near as mean, but I have had this discussion so many times

LukeB
Toya :love:

Liam-
04-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Remember the slugsworth nickname? To think the person who started that won, and only because the runner-up was just as mean wow bb15 truly is the low of lows when it comes to big brother

I thought you wanted to stop talking about BB15? :joker:

Marsh.

I didn't care. The series had died a death at this point. And seeing Danielle try to act out some crying was amusing enough. :laugh:

LukeB

:laugh: only impact Zoe has was the Tesco comment. that's it really

Raph
I moderately liked Danielle but the fact that she lied throghout and created this fake character not to mention the fact that she was so blatantly a recruit made me not like her

Raph
04-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I thought you wanted to stop talking about BB15? :joker:

I can't it's like a disease LOL

Daniel.
Gina was the same though Raph

Jake.

It's just disgusting. Take away the subject of race, and it reminded me of the girls treatment of Shilpa in a way (calling her nicknames, making her feel isolated and so on).

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 09:00 PM
I moderately liked Danielle but the fact that she lied throghout and created this fake character not to mention the fact that she was so blatantly a recruit made me not like her

There's nothing wrong with recruits at all, and Danielle was a constant force of hilarity so her constructed character was one of the only good things about 15.

Jake.

This is what made me love her even more. It's a gameshow, and she played a decent enough one. She provided far more talking points and even some laughs compared to the other housemates.

Marsh.
Ashleigh was no where near as mean, but I have had this discussion so many times

They were as despicable as one another. They just had different ways of expressing it. The obvious differences being Helen couldn't hold her own piss and had to scream everything out whereas Ashleigh was the silent assassin, sit and stew in her own bitterness type.

LukeB
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10418509_10152468992503972_581405897892672081_n.jp g?oh=1c91aa367e0951814ee0159e62b39dbd&oe=5531E906&__gda__=1430450239_cdf0c6100f2525ad58467f1d34c8d27 9

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:01 PM
It's just disgusting. Take away the subject of race, and it reminded me of the girls treatment of Shilpa in a way (calling her nicknames, making her feel isolated and so on).

Very true. Heck, Tamara should've won BB15 just cause that's how useless the finalists were

armand.kay
Well yeah but Helen kinda proved that you can constantly go back and apologise without it actually ever meaning anything

Helen and toya are different people tho.

Jake.
:laugh: only impact Zoe has was the Tesco comment. that's it really

Wasn't even an impact really. Just a boring person thinking she's anything more than boring.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:02 PM
I can't at people saying Danielle was bad because she was a constructed character yet like Gina.

I like both, but the hypocrisy

Shaun
04-01-2015, 09:03 PM
can we just settle this by saying they were both crap

edit: nvm you're talking about toya/danielle/ashleigh/helen now

Jake.
Helen and toya are different people tho.

Yeah I know but in the same amount of time they both acted like arseholes

armand.kay
This is what made me love her even more. It's a gameshow, and she played a decent enough one. She provided far more talking points and even some laughs compared to the other housemates.

This. One of the reasons I loved her was because of how nuts she was.

Raph
Gina was the same though Raph

Fair point Daniel, I suppose I can tolerate recruits more if they aren't entirely surrounded by recruits as for me, that ruins the fundamental purpose of Big Brother

Jake.

I wouldn't say BB14 was crap. Not great, but there's been worse

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:04 PM

Which statement the poll

or the other subject that should just be forgotten because it was messy?

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Fair point Daniel, I suppose I can tolerate recruits more if they aren't entirely surrounded by recruits as for me, that ruins the fundamental purpose of Big Brother

Recruits aren't inherently bad and are often far better than people who know the show inside out

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Derek Laud is the best recruit

Confirm it

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Poor BB12 not even getting a mention when that was better then awful/messy BB

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 09:07 PM
why should it get mentioned

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:07 PM
BB15 > BB12.

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Recruits aren't inherently bad and are often far better than people who know the show inside out

Don't worry Troy the point was lost on you as per usual lol

LukeB
why should it get mentioned

It may have been rubbish but it's not the worst big brother they did imo

LukeB

:fan:

Daniel.
BB12 is the worst series.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:09 PM
That is fact

Jake.
Bb13 > 14 > 15 > 12

LukeB
That is fact

Not really...

Macie Lightfoot

but how do you really feel about *******igh?

It may have been rubbish but it's not the worst big brother they did imo

12's complete garbage and might be the worst season of reality TV ever filmed.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Bb13 > 14 > 15 > 12

Easily.

Natalie.
04-01-2015, 09:10 PM
I liked both but Hazel and I also think this series is Channel 5 best big bro

Shaun
04-01-2015, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't say BB14 was crap. Not great, but there's been worse

oh it was

like sure, BB15 and 12 were "diabolically crap" but BB14 is still "crap"

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:11 PM
I liked both but Hazel and I also think this series is Channel 5 best big bro

:flutter: i love this, Back on the best topic

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:12 PM
BB14 was actually pretty decent.

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 09:13 PM

:joker:

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:15 PM
but how do you really feel about *******igh

Another useless contribution keep em coming

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Let's discuss BB7

Raph
BB7 :love:

Marsh.
oh it was

like sure, BB15 and 12 were "diabolically crap" but BB14 is still "crap"

Shut your ****ing mouth! :fist:

Daniel.
Do we all like Aisleyne

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Josy we are still on topic I swear :worry:

Shaun
04-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Marsh take your Fringe signature and get out of my life

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Aisleyne was better than any bb15 housemate but my favorites were Glyn, Mikey, Imogen, Nikki and Grace. Plastics for life!!

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Marsh take your Fringe signature and get out of my life

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

I tried to take off the Santa hats but it won't ****ing load! :fist:

Jake.
04-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Do we all like Aisleyne

Nope.

Daniel.
Aisleyne > Grace

Marsh.
Aisleyne was better than any bb15 housemate but my favorites were Glyn, Mikey, Imogen, Nikki and Grace. Plastics for life!!

Mikey? :umm2:

LukeB
back on BB14.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:20 PM
well hazel vs gina

LukeB
rather not get a bold message off josy anytime soon or this thread closed because it's gone off topic :pipe:

Daniel.
This is a thread on Big Brother we are still discussing Big Brother, I doubt Josy will care.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 09:21 PM
I doubt Josy would care when it's a thread you made :shrug:

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:22 PM
This is a thread on Big Brother, we are still discussing Big Brother, I doubt Josy will care.

the thread is called

Hazel VS Gina
not let's discuss things that has no relation to the topic

LukeB

I saw mods closing threads because it's gone off subject before.:shrug:

Liam-

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:23 PM
It's fine to go off topic as we are still discussing Big Brother. We haven't randomly decided to discuss something un related, discussion has led us here

Jake.
04-01-2015, 09:24 PM
I saw mods closing threads because it's gone off subject before.:shrug:

Believe me, Josy isn't going to be fussed about a discussion of Big Brother in a thread you made. If we were all using countless irrelevant gifs then fair enough.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:24 PM
It's fine to go off topic as we are still discussing Big Brother. We haven't randomly decided to discuss something un related, discussion has led us here

but big brother 7 has nothing to do with Hazel and Gina rivalry. you can make threads for that in the big brother 7 sub forum

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 09:25 PM
It doesn't matter.

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 09:26 PM

:hehe:

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Rather not discuss irrelevant things tbh

I made this thread so people can vote for Hazel and Gina and dicuss things about them.

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:28 PM

:rolleyes:

MB.
04-01-2015, 09:29 PM
(I echo 'Mikey? :umm2:' anyway)

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:31 PM

Jake you know you're my dude and I don't know if im misinterpreting this but who made the thread is irrelevant and your comment here comes across a little mean tbh

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:32 PM
(I echo 'Mikey? :umm2:' anyway)

A lovely chap, a gentleman good reasons to like him if you ask me

MB.
04-01-2015, 09:35 PM
A lovely chap, a gentleman good reasons to like him if you ask me

A lovely chap who said that women shouldn't be allowed to play the same sports or be paid the same as men at the beginning of the series and then didn't do much that didn't involve Grace for the rest of it.

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 09:36 PM
A lovely chap who said that women shouldn't be allowed to play the same sports or be paid the same as men at the beginning of the series and then didn't do much that didn't involve Grace for the rest of it.

lbr it's because Mikey helped Glyn ~come out of his shell~ or whatever (which just meant that Glyn wore dog tags or something idk)

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:36 PM

That was his vt and in the house he proved he was nothing like that

Raph
04-01-2015, 09:37 PM
lbr it's because Mikey helped Glyn ~come out of his shell~ or whatever (which just meant that Glyn wore dog tags or something idk)

Another useless contribution good stuff Troy

Calderyon
04-01-2015, 09:37 PM
At least itīs an actual discussion going on rather than Giffomania 30 (or something like that).

Put yeah, stay on Hazel vs Gina just in case.

On topic:

Hazel rocks, Gina s***s.

Jake.
04-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Jake you know you're my dude and I don't know if im misinterpreting this but who made the thread is irrelevant and your comment here comes across a little mean tbh

You're completely misinterpreting it lol but omg I've just seen how that's come across, sorry

I meant that you're not going off topic in somebody elses thread but you're own, and it's still an actual discussion taking place

MB.
04-01-2015, 09:42 PM
That was his vt and in the house he proved he was nothing like that

Exactly, in the house he proved that he had no opinions on anything whatsoever. :laugh:

LukeB
04-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Some other member told me about going off topic and It's happened before where a discussion was going on about something irrelevant to the topic . Because it was like talking about vegetables in a dessert convo etc. but oh well.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 10:02 PM
watch?v=ahgywLRrt2A

Marsh.
04-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Not Luke calling Mikey a vegetable.

Daniel.
04-01-2015, 10:03 PM
The video I posted is getting us back on topic

MB.
04-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Not Luke calling Mikey a vegetable.

Vanilla Mikey. :idc:

I mean... erm... what lovely hair curlers they're using...

Raph
05-01-2015, 01:48 AM
You're completely misinterpreting it lol but omg I've just seen how that's come across, sorry

I meant that you're not going off topic in somebody elses thread but you're own, and it's still an actual discussion taking place

Oh right okay yeah I thought it was very odd coming from you Jake :laugh:

Cal.
05-01-2015, 06:27 AM
What kind of messy thread?

I haven't seen much but from the clips I've seen I'll go with Gina.

ruiphillips
03-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Gina. Hazel was a dumb bitch, who couldn't make a comeback if required.

Niamh.
03-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Hazel :worship:

Daniel-X
03-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Queen Hazel I prefer much more my second favourite housemate of BB14 after queen Sallie Axl I can't love Gina that much because she was responsible for queen Sallie getting the axe much before her time was due