PDA

View Full Version : X Factor producer hints at format change: "There will be some surprises"

LukeB
23-03-2015, 03:10 PM
The X Factor's executive producer has promised "exciting changes" to the show this year.

Richard Holloway suggested that producers are considering adapting the format and changing the judging line-up to attract viewers.

"There will be some exciting changes," The Mirror quotes him as saying.

"The name of the show will stay the same but we are looking at format and the judges. There will be some surprises this year. But I can't go into detail."

After revealing that discussions with last year's judges - Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Mel B and Louis Walsh - will begin next month, he said that Cowell is the only certainty to remain on the panel.

"It is safe to say Simon is staying," he noted.
Holloway added that he feels changes are necessary to keep the show fresh after 10 years on air, and said that he "would love to beat" the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing in the ratings.

"We have been making the show for 10 years and to make it popular you have to refresh the show," he said. "You need to look at every aspect and move with the times.

"There is an ongoing battle with Strictly. On overall volume they beat us last year. It has been a few years since we beat them on overall volume.

"It is quite interesting, the split of the audience. It is very defined."

The judging panel for this year's show is due to be confirmed in May.

The X Factor launches its biggest ever audition tour around the UK at the end of March, where hopefuls for this year's show can try out for the first time.

I can promise you this is not a spoof article

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a637134/x-factor-producer-hints-at-format-change-there-will-be-some-surprises.html#~p7Mcg6g21uhmCZ

LeatherTrumpet
23-03-2015, 03:15 PM
is this a spoof article :suspect:

LukeB
23-03-2015, 03:16 PM
is this a spoof article :suspect:

No :hehe:

Samm
23-03-2015, 05:47 PM
They say this every year lol

all what will probably change is something to do with deadlock that will probs change back after week 3

Marsh.
23-03-2015, 05:48 PM
They need to replace Louis to give the judging panel a fresh feel.

It's things like him that make the show pale in comparison to the Voice for me.

Samm
23-03-2015, 05:49 PM
They need to replace Louis to give the judging panel a fresh feel.

It's things like him that make the show pale in comparison to the Voice for me.

No, that would kill the show even more

Marsh.
23-03-2015, 05:50 PM
No, that would kill the show even more

Not for me. He makes the show a laughing stock and any entertainment value Walsh had was lost years ago. It's just the same cliched lines year after year with him.

They need someone relevant to the modern music industry.

Samm
23-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Not for me. He makes the show a laughing stock and any entertainment value Walsh had was lost years ago. It's just the same cliched lines year after year with him.

That's what funny about him & his dancing that he sometimes does in the live shows, him and Simons fued :love:

LukeB
23-03-2015, 05:58 PM

I agree with this, It's annoying and boring how he says the same thing. It's predicable.

Mystic Mock
23-03-2015, 06:24 PM
There's a couple of ideas I've got that could possibly make sense.

1. The best act wins?
2. More modern song choices instead of the 80's nearly every week?
3. Stop the big stage productions that protect **** acts?

Jay28jay2
23-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Get Rid of the Room or Stage Auditions!

Liam-
23-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Kesha and Haley Williams for judges please.

LukeB
23-03-2015, 09:53 PM

Yes!

Here for Leona Lewis being a judge too, The best winner of all time imo

Liam-
23-03-2015, 09:55 PM

Nah, they're both quite crucial audition stages in their own right, I personally like having both of them

Mystic Mock
23-03-2015, 10:39 PM
I would get rid of the Arena Auditions and have Room, Bootcamp, Judges Houses, and then of course the Live Shows.

LukeB
23-03-2015, 10:41 PM
I would get rid of the Arena Auditions and have Room, Bootcamp, Judges Houses, and then of course the Live Shows.

I like the Arena Auditions because it shows if they can handle being on stage with a big crowd.

But I do want it go back to basics

Firewire
23-03-2015, 10:41 PM
I like the Arena Auditions because it shows if they can handle being on stage with a big crowd.

Arenas and bootcamp is the same really, they don't need both stages

Jack_
23-03-2015, 10:42 PM
If Louis, Dermot, Judges Houses or Deadlock go it will kill the show for me

Anything else I don't really care

LukeB
23-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Arenas and bootcamp is the same really, they don't need both stages

True, but the new bootcamp format is really tense if you know what i mean, It shows how much they want that seat.

Mystic Mock
24-03-2015, 12:55 AM
I find the new Bootcamp format to be very TOWIE personally and I have that enough already with Big Brother UK and the recent series of MasterChef UK.

Black Dagger
24-03-2015, 01:03 AM
The six chair challenge worked for a couple of series. I loved the brutality, but that gimmick is done now, move on.

LukeB
24-03-2015, 01:05 AM
I actually want them to axe the show all together.
I'm bored of it now, Series 5-8 slayed imo

but now it's just something to watch.

Mystic Mock
24-03-2015, 01:09 AM
Series 8 was horrible.

Black Dagger
24-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Series 8 was the best one of the post golden years...

Mystic Mock
24-03-2015, 06:11 AM
Series 8 was the best one of the post golden years...

It had Johnny Robinson, Frankie Cocozza, Nu Vibe, 2Shoes, Sami Brooke, and Jonjo Kerr in it.

Imo series 11 has been the best of the recent ones as there was acts in there for everyone, not nearly half of them being awful from the off and then some of the others not being to your personal taste.