PDA

View Full Version : Why did Gina break the 'black girl' curse

uniquedude
26-03-2015, 02:39 AM
I was just thinking how well Gina came across in bb14 compared to say Hazel and Sallie yet she would always initiate arguments with them like Sallie on the first night and Hazel basically all the time. Not saying I don't like her I do but I think it's very interesting that c5 edited her so well imo when people always like to say black females are edited badly.

Marsh.
26-03-2015, 02:39 AM
I thought she was an odious creature.

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 05:15 AM
I think it might've been that she showed nice sides to herself which Hazel and Sallie didn't on what we got to see on the highlights edited by Endemol of course.

ruiphillips
26-03-2015, 05:19 AM
She was an iconic housemate. What other housemate could have arrived and started a fight with a venomous chav and her child labour-made fashion sense. With her arrival on Day 2, she brought the ratings and gave Channel 5 their most watched civilian ever. Everything that left her posh totty mouth was gold. Channel 5 will never get another Gina. She's their Nikki G.

♛ Queen Gina Forever ♛

http://i.minus.com/iT0cdPWbWziUB.gif

Pete.
26-03-2015, 05:51 AM
Because she was the best housemate of BB14

RichardG
26-03-2015, 07:39 AM
I liked her at first but really started to go off her in the final few weeks. No doubt the series wouldn't have been as good as it was without her though.

Niamh.
26-03-2015, 09:23 AM
I didn't really like Gina but I think what Big Brother fans in general like is changing, game players and more fiesty characters seem to be liked alot more now then a few years ago, I'm not sure it's really much to do with race though :think:

Ramsay
26-03-2015, 10:05 AM
She was a bitch but had a funny way of going about it

Amy Jade
26-03-2015, 10:40 AM
I hated her, she was a bully. Only reason she was less hated than Sallie and Hazel came down to appeal, Sallie and Hazel are both stunning and women tend to hate that - Gina is fug so she slid by.

Jake.
26-03-2015, 10:54 AM
No idea, I thought she was awful

Niamh.
26-03-2015, 11:24 AM
I hated her, she was a bully. Only reason she was less hated than Sallie and Hazel came down to appeal, Sallie and Hazel are both stunning and women tend to hate that - Gina is fug so she slid by.

hhmmm not sure about that, Hazel was liked until the Daley thing happened, that seemed to split opinion (eventhough it shouldn't have)

Liam-
26-03-2015, 11:25 AM
I thought she was an odious creature.

:clap1:

Calderyon
26-03-2015, 11:33 AM
I donīt think she came across good at all.

Jason.
26-03-2015, 05:58 PM
I thought she was a repugnant knob.
I liked her during BB14, but in retrospect, she was a nasty bully, who got away with everything just because people found it funny.

The way she behaves on Twitter confirms my thoughts of her.
In response to her "Skidmark of Society" comment towards Sallie.
Well Gina can talk.

Being called a "Skidmark" by Gina Rio, is like being told to sit up straight by the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

2 years later, and it still baffles me at why Gina was forgiven her Primark comment, and Zoe, a year later couldn't live down her Tesco comment.
Is looking down on people who shop at Primark less insulting or something?

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:02 PM

Tbh every girl in BB14 was butt ugly.:joker:

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:03 PM
I liked her during BB14, but in retrospect, she was a nasty bully, who got away with everything just because people found it funny.

Well Gina can talk.

Being called a "Skidmark" by Gina Rio, is like being told to sit up straight by the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

2 years later, and it still baffles me at why Gina was forgiven her Primark comment, and Zoe, a year later couldn't live down her Tesco comment.

Gina got let off more because she was a better Housemate than Zoe.

Liam-
26-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Tbh every girl in BB14 was butt ugly.:joker:

Um

Black Dagger
26-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Hazel was trash and Sallie was just an angry, useless bitch. They both had reasons to be hated, it wasn't out of looks.

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Um

It's true, I don't call it the ugliest year for good looking girls for no reason.:joker:

Samm
26-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Because she was amazing and the star of BB14, while Hazel was stuck at the bottom of the pit

Samm
26-03-2015, 07:14 PM
I didn't really like Gina but I think what Big Brother fans in general like is changing, game players and more fiesty characters seem to be liked alot more now then a few years ago, I'm not sure it's really much to do with race though :think:

Because a black girl has never made it to the final since makosi then

Liam-
26-03-2015, 07:15 PM
It's true, I don't call it the ugliest year for good looking girls for no reason.:joker:

Hazel was stunning.

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:16 PM

Well Ironically so did Gina make the final as well.:laugh:

They can't seem to get higher than 3rd place though.:think:

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Hazel was stunning.

No she really wasn't.:laugh:

Ashleigh and Kimberly from BB15 is what I would call stunning, the BB14 girls is what I call Dog Rough Trash.

Liam-
26-03-2015, 07:19 PM
No she really wasn't.:laugh:

Ashleigh and Kimberly from BB15 is what I would call stunning, the BB14 girls is what I call Dog Rough Trash.

I mean, you probably shouldn't call any girl that :laugh:

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:22 PM
I mean, you probably shouldn't call any girl that :laugh:

It's a good thing that I don't know them in real life then.:joker:

But yes that's one of the many posts that proves that I could break Nicole's eviction percentage record if I was a contestant on the show.:joker:

Liam-
26-03-2015, 07:23 PM
That's not really something to boast about..

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:25 PM
That's not really something to boast about..

Getting higher than 94% to be evicted would not be something to boast about?:laugh:

Liam-
26-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah, it really wouldn't be :joker:

LukeB
26-03-2015, 07:26 PM
what is happening..

Anyway.. Gina was amazing tbf, Hazel is better but still

Macie Lightfoot
26-03-2015, 07:29 PM
at the end of the day Hazel just really wasn't that good at being Hazel. Like good job you let Gina Rio break you and you told her that she smelled.

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it really wouldn't be :joker:

I bet no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get 100%:joker:

Liam-
26-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Why would you want to try and be hated? :think:

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Why would you want to try and be hated? :think:

It would be fun.:joker:

I mean look at how good Hazel was at it despite not trying very hard.:joker:

Liam-
26-03-2015, 07:35 PM
It would be fun.:joker:

I mean look at how good Hazel was at it despite not trying very hard.:joker:

She was collateral damage on the train wreck that was Daley though

zakman440
26-03-2015, 07:37 PM
I liked Gina and thought she was a great housemate, but I didn't agree with her behaviour towards Hazel.

Jason.
26-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Gina got let off more because she was a better Housemate than Zoe.

I forgot that's how it works.
Entertain = Overlook
Boring = Vilified

:rolleyes:

uniquedude
26-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Getting higher than 94% to be evicted would not be something to boast about?:laugh:

I'm surprised Pauline didn't get higher than that lol

uniquedude
26-03-2015, 09:29 PM

Well Gina can talk.

Maybe because there were other things going on and that comment was forgotten whereas with bb15 nothing else happened that week so Zoe's comment stuck out. Didn't like Zoe anyway regardless of that comment she was so cringy.

Niamh.
26-03-2015, 10:16 PM

Well, when you think about the amount of black Housemates that are put in each year then I guess they have less of chance then the white HMs just because there's a whole lot more of them then black HMs in general, male or female

Jason.
26-03-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm surprised Pauline didn't get higher than that lol

In all fairness she was up against 6 other housemates.
Plus, with the odious cast of BB15, you can guarantee even the more obnoxious ones won't leave to that much of a landslide.

Though 80% in a four-way vote is actually worse than 94% in a 3 way vote, if you do the maths.

In a 3 way eviction you need over 33.3%
In a 4 way eviction you need over 25%

94 divided by 33.3 = 2.82 times more than the needed percentage to be evicted.
79.4 divided by 25 = 3.176 times more than the needed percentage to be evicted.

Therefore, Pauline's percentage is worse than what Nicole got in a 3 way vote.

Also, Nikki's eviction result in BB7 was quiet a landslide, when she was up with 11 housemates. She got 37.2% in a vote to evict.
In an eleven-way eviction, you need just over 9.09% to guarantee your eviction.

37.2 divided by 9.09 = 4.09 times more than the needed percentage to be evicted.

In theory, Nikki's eviction percentage in a eleven-way vote is far worse than what Nicole or Pauline got, in 3 and 4 way evictions.
Nicole may have had the highest actual percentage, but it wasn't as bad as what Nikki or Pauline got, in their evictions.
Interesting, isn't it?

Marsh.
26-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Well, when you think about the amount of black Housemates that are put in each year then I guess they have less of chance then the white HMs just because there's a whole lot more of them then black HMs in general, male or female

Not Niamh drowning this thread in logic and reason.

Macie Lightfoot
27-03-2015, 12:22 AM

Regardless of black to white ratios, the amount of black females who have survived evictions is ridiculously low and worries me.

Mystic Mock
27-03-2015, 01:06 AM
I forgot that's how it works.
Entertain = Overlook
Boring = Vilified

:rolleyes:

It's not necessarily overlooking it, it's more to do with the fact that entertaining contestants are keeping the show alive and after seeing BB7 it's never very good to vote them all out.

Where as boring people make silly comments they're giving the public even more of a reason to attack them.

Pete.
27-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Well Ironically so did Gina make the final as well.:laugh:

They can't seem to get higher than 3rd place though.:think:
Tragic racism

uniquedude
29-03-2015, 04:35 PM
In all fairness she was up against 6 other housemates.
Plus, with the odious cast of BB15, you can guarantee even the more obnoxious ones won't leave to that much of a landslide.

Though 80% in a four-way vote is actually worse than 94% in a 3 way vote, if you do the maths.

In a 3 way eviction you need over 33.3%
In a 4 way eviction you need over 25%

94 divided by 33.3 = 2.82 times more than the needed percentage to be evicted.
79.4 divided by 25 = 3.176 times more than the needed percentage to be evicted.

Therefore, Pauline's percentage is worse than what Nicole got in a 3 way vote.

Also, Nikki's eviction result in BB7 was quiet a landslide, when she was up with 11 housemates. She got 37.2% in a vote to evict.
In an eleven-way eviction, you need just over 9.09% to guarantee your eviction.

37.2 divided by 9.09 = 4.09 times more than the needed percentage to be evicted.

In theory, Nikki's eviction percentage in a eleven-way vote is far worse than what Nicole or Pauline got, in 3 and 4 way evictions.
Nicole may have had the highest actual percentage, but it wasn't as bad as what Nikki or Pauline got, in their evictions.
Interesting, isn't it?

Less people voted for Pauline probably only a few hundred whereas back in c4 days there were probably thousands of votes, dont know how you'd work that out.

Marsh.
29-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Regardless of black to white ratios, the amount of black females who have survived evictions is ridiculously low and worries me.

:joker:

Strictly Jake
03-04-2015, 10:18 PM
BB14 is one of my favourites. But thinking about it a huge part of that was down to Gina and Dexter and the relationship they had. Everyone else was rather dull. I think if those characters were in other series I don't think there would have been as much support for them. I loved her but she was nasty!

Daniel.
03-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Gina was entertaining for sure, she annoyed me so much near the end though but in hindsight it's easy to shrug off

Daniel.
03-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Marsh's dissing of her it just jealousy