PDA

View Full Version : Simon Cowell is working on live feed for the judges houses

Will.
03-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Saw it on an article at Digital Spy, would be interesting.

Niamh.
03-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Why? I thought that X factor was just supposed to be a talent show?

Pete.
03-06-2015, 10:10 AM
How would that work if it's pre-recorded

Jamesy
03-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Wouldn't that give away the whole surprise of us finding out who goes through.

Jack_
03-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Well unless it's gonna be live which seems logistically impossible then I don't see the point of this

Live feed at the X Factor house though is something I've been calling for for years and it'd be great. Like Fame Academy all over again :love:

Smithy
03-06-2015, 10:36 AM
By live feed the article meant having the show aired live from judges houses, the title should be amended, it's misleading

Vanessa
03-06-2015, 10:37 AM
:amazed:

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Why? I thought that X factor was just supposed to be a talent show?

Have you seen who's made the final two in the last two series?

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Unless they live in a BB style house then it's just going to be cameras in the corner of the ceiling. :umm2:

LukeB
03-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Simon to take over BB :clap1:

Denver
03-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Have you seen who's made the final two in the last two series?

Sam Bailey > Ben Whonow

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Sam Bailey > Ben Whonow

How about both boring and talentless acts, with the even more incompetent runner-ups in their series.

The final two of series 10 should've been Luke vs Hannah, and series 11 should've been Lauren vs OTY.

Other series have had talentless final two's before, but not on the scale of series 10 & 11's.

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Ok, who's set Mock off again? :fist:

reece(:
03-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Not X factor getting live feed before BBUK does.

Denver
03-06-2015, 11:06 PM
How about both boring and talentless acts, with the even more incompetent runner-ups in their series.

The final two of series 10 should've been Luke vs Hannah, and series 11 should've been Lauren vs OTY.

Other series have had talentless final two's before, but not on the scale of series 10 & 11's.

You call Sam Bailey talentless then say Lauren should of made top two thanks for that joke haha

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Simon Cowell taking the piss?

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Ok, who's set Mock off again? :fist:

I always get worked up on Music.:joker:

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:11 PM
You call Sam Bailey talentless then say Lauren should of made top two thanks for that joke haha

Well as I don't listen to Simon's manipulations and just listened to Lauren's performances, she had a good control over her voice and she didn't shout at me, and she did a Massive Attack version of Happy, when would Sam Bailey do anything so interesting?

Kate!
03-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Great news. Next best thing to having Fame Academy back.

Denver
03-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Well as I don't listen to Simon's manipulations and just listened to Lauren's performances, she had a good control over her voice and she didn't shout at me, and she did a Massive Attack version of Happy, when would Sam Bailey do anything so interesting?

Lauren was bland couldn't hold a note and overused sob stories she will flop

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Lauren was bland couldn't hold a note and overused sob stories she will flop

1. Lauren being the only one in her series to experiment with her song choices makes her boring how?

2. She could sing, even if it's not to your style she can actually sing.

3. You're attacking Lauren for using sob stories whilst defending Sam Bailey.:joker:

Denver
03-06-2015, 11:15 PM
1. Lauren being the only one in her series to experiment with her song choices makes her boring how?

2. She could sing, even if it's not to your style she can actually sing.

3. You're attacking Lauren for using sob stories whilst defending Sam Bailey.:joker:

Sam bailey a #1album and single when will Lauren? #never

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Sam Bailey flopped, only Grandmas that didn't feel threatened by her voted for her.

Lauren will get signed eventually once the tonsillitis problem goes away, and because she isn't a funeral singer will mean that she'll have more longevity in the Music Industry, even if in a niche capacity.

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Sam Bailey flopped, only Grandmas that didn't feel threatened by her voted for her.

Lauren will get signed eventually once the tonsillitis problem goes away, and because she isn't a funeral singer will mean that she'll have more longevity in the Music Industry, even if in a niche capacity.

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Put. The. Handbags. Down. And. Stay. On. Topic.

MB.
03-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Just because Sam Bailey's a pretty young girl :fist:

Denver
03-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Put. The. Handbags. Down. And. Stay. On. Topic.

When did you turn into a teachers pet? :joker:

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Just because Sam Bailey's a pretty young girl :fist:

Sam Bailey?:umm2:

But yes if there's a prejudice towards black people on BB, why can't there be a prejudice towards pretty white girls on TXF? I mean just look at how none of them can win and that the only white girl winner we did get was Sam Bailey.

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:26 PM
When did you turn into a teachers pet? :joker:

When you started annoying me. :fist:

Denver

But yes if there's a prejudice towards black people on BB, why can't there be a prejudice towards pretty white girls on TXF? I mean just look at how none of them can win and that the only white girl winner we did get was Sam Bailey.

Maybe its because there talentless not there skin colour?

Marsh.

ffs

MB.
03-06-2015, 11:27 PM

Because you can decide what constitutes pretty. You can't decide what constitutes black.

Kate!
03-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Marsh putting his foot down. Love it :love:

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Marsh putting his foot down. Love it :love:

Kate's return. :flutter:

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Maybe its because there talentless not there skin colour?

So Lauren, Lola, Abi, Ella, Carolynne, Sophie, Amelia, Janet, Lucie, Diana, and Ruth was all talentless? And I'm not saying it's racism more jealousy from the main voters on the programme, it's quite convenient that most of the people above didn't even make the final.

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:32 PM
It's no more ridiculous than you saying Sam Bailey and Fleur East are "talentless" simply because you're not a fan of their style? :unsure:

Denver
03-06-2015, 11:32 PM
So Lauren, Lola, Abi, Ella, Carolynne, Sophie, Amelia, Janet, Lucie, Diana, and Ruth was all talentless? And I'm not saying it's racism more jealousy from the main voters on the programme, it's quite convenient that most of the people above didn't even make the final.

ELLA is the only success and FYI I'm sure Ruth is Hispanic not white

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:34 PM
Because you can decide what constitutes pretty. You can't decide what constitutes black.

Well tell that to Michael Jackson.:joker:

But I go by who seems to be getting admirers, and the ones that I've mentioned did, and quite conveniently was all attacked and eliminated before getting near the final, just like the black contestants on BB.

I don't get how anyone can defend one group of people, but not the other when they're both suffering the same thing.

MB.
03-06-2015, 11:35 PM
it's quite convenient that most of the people above didn't even make the final.

It's convenient because it allows you to fabricate some sort of public anti-'pretty white girl' campaign to cover for your favourites not always doing well. The X Factor has never really been about talent, and even if it was, that doesn't mean the pretty white girl should win every time.

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:36 PM
It's no more ridiculous than you saying Sam Bailey and Fleur East are "talentless" simply because you're not a fan of their style? :unsure:

I actually like acts like Fleur normally so that's not the case at all.

Kate!
03-06-2015, 11:38 PM
Fleur was stunningly talented.

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:38 PM
ELLA is the only success and FYI I'm sure Ruth is Hispanic not white

Ella was deeply controversial on the show, and failed to make the top 5 over the likes of Rylan, Union J, Christopher Maloney, and Jahmene.

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:39 PM
I actually like acts like Fleur normally so that's not the case at all.

Yes, but she obviously is not talentless, whether you're a fan or not.

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Well tell that to Michael Jackson.:joker:

idgi

Are you suggesting Michael Jackson redefined black? :laugh:

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Ella was deeply controversial on the show, and failed to make the top 5 over the likes of Rylan, Union J, Christopher Maloney, and Jahmene.

That's called "Joke acts taking over" not "Racism @ da pretty girls"

MB.
03-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Ella was deeply controversial on the show

I loved her outburst on the evils of Western society in the middle of her cover of 'I Will Always Love You'.

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:41 PM
It's convenient because it allows you to fabricate some sort of public anti-'pretty white girl' campaign to cover for your favourites not always doing well. The X Factor has never really been about talent, and even if it was, that doesn't mean the pretty white girl should win every time.

I never said that the pretty white girl should win every time? Hell most of my favourites are normally alternative male acts.

But 11 series in, and not one pretty white girl has even bagged 2nd place? You don't think that's fishy from the voters?

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:42 PM
I never said that the pretty white girl should win every time? Hell most of my favourites are normally alternative male acts.

But 11 series in, and not one pretty white girl has even bagged 2nd place? You don't think that's fishy from the voters?

No.

Do we need a winner from all colours and ethnicities otherwise it's racist?

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:44 PM
Yes, but she obviously is not talentless, whether you're a fan or not.

She vocally cannot sing, so she does a Robbie Williams/Olly Murs and dances to cover up the fact, well done to all three of them.

MB.

No, I think it's thirsty from you because you seem to think how pretty they are is as important or more important than their talent.

A 'pretty young white girl' will win the show one day. Somebody who has the x factor - whatever that may be for the viewers (and no, it's not being black, ugly or in possession of a penis) - has to come along for that to happen.

LukeB
https://31.media.tumblr.com/f36d59aa4a96787c71655f3d648c8a85/tumblr_inline_n6tak7i26p1rxoktf.gif

Marsh.
She vocally cannot sing, so she does a Robbie Williams/Olly Murs and dances to cover up the fact, well done to all three of them.

How dare she sing AND dance. THE CHEAT!!!!

Whoever heard of a dancing pop star!!!!!

MB.
(I don't even watch this show anyway what am I doing with my life)

MB.
03-06-2015, 11:45 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/f36d59aa4a96787c71655f3d648c8a85/tumblr_inline_n6tak7i26p1rxoktf.gif

Get that non-white pretty girl away from me. :fist:

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:46 PM
idgi

Are you suggesting Michael Jackson redefined black? :laugh:

I'm on about when he looked like a white girl at one time.

LukeB
Get that non-white pretty girl away from me. :fist:

I don't know what's going on :unsure:

Marsh.

So he had a condition making his skin white.

That doesn't change what is and isn't factually black and white. :laugh:

MB.
03-06-2015, 11:48 PM

I didn't know you were a fan.

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:49 PM
No.

Do we need a winner from all colours and ethnicities otherwise it's racist?

No, but as there has been loads of pretty white girls over the years on the show you would think that one of them would've at least come 2nd, and not get abuse in the series for singing ballads while everybody else gets away with it.

Denver
03-06-2015, 11:49 PM
I didn't know you were a fan.

Of course there a fan when he turned into a pretty white girl :hehe:

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:52 PM
No, but as there has been loads of pretty white girls over the years on the show you would think that one of them would've at least come 2nd, and not get abuse in the series for singing ballads while everybody else gets away with it.

So now every pretty white girl the last 11 years has been dissed for singing ballads? Ok. :unsure:

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:52 PM
How dare she sing AND dance. THE CHEAT!!!!

Whoever heard of a dancing pop star!!!!!

Dancing Pop Stars can normally hold a note, not just dance whilst the backing track drowns out the real vocal.

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Dancing Pop Stars can normally hold a note, not just dance whilst the backing track drowns out the real vocal.

But she factually can hold a note. Whether you enjoy it is a separate thing entirely.

Liam-
03-06-2015, 11:55 PM
This conversation is happening again? :laugh:

Marsh.
03-06-2015, 11:55 PM
I haven't even watched X Factor properly since about 2008/2009. :laugh:

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:57 PM
So now every pretty white girl the last 11 years has been dissed for singing ballads? Ok. :unsure:

Diana - Dissed for singing ballads, and for having an annoying personality.

Lucie - For singing ballads.

Amelia - For singing ballads.

Janet - For singing ballads.

Sophie - For singing ballads.

Ella - For singing ballads.

Carolynne - For slowing down the Nicki Minaj song.

Abi - For singing ballads.

Lauren - For singing ballads.

Lola - For singing ballads.

The XFUK12 one - For singing ballads.

That's what was said at the time.

Mystic Mock
03-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Of course there a fan when he turned into a pretty white girl :hehe:

:joker:

I liked him in The Jackson 5.

LukeB
04-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Diana was favourite to win during Series 5 :p

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:01 AM
Diana was favourite to win during Series 5 :p

Yes and ended up losing to Eggnog by 10%

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Diana - Dissed for singing ballads, and for having an annoying personality.

Lucie - For singing ballads.

Amelia - For singing ballads.

Janet - For singing ballads.

Sophie - For singing ballads.

Ella - For singing ballads.

Carolynne - For slowing down the Nicki Minaj song.

Abi - For singing ballads.

Lauren - For singing ballads.

Lola - For singing ballads.

The XFUK12 one - For singing ballads.

That's what was said at the time.

Omg, all those white girls.... it's practically racist.

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:04 AM
And Amelia Lily wasn't dissed for singing ballads, it was that ballads were not her forte. And it wasn't what she was comfortable with or was good at.

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Omg, all those white girls.... it's practically racist.

Why do you keep saying racist? It's a prejudice in a different way to racism but it's there on TXF for definite.

I think these are classic examples to use.

1. Lauren and Ben both did mostly ballads in the last series, she gets abuse for it, while Ben goes on to win.

2. Lauren and Ben in week 4 come out in sexual outfits, they both deliver a similar quality performance to each other on the night, she drops from 2nd to 4th in that weeks vote, while he goes from 3rd to 1st in that weeks vote.

3. Matt and Janet both did ballads in their individual series, Matt goes on to win, whilst Janet doesn't even make the top 4.

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:12 AM
It's a prejudice

But it's not though because their skin colour or attractiveness to yourself has nothing to do with it.

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:13 AM
3. Matt and Janet both did ballads in their individual series, Matt goes on to win, whilst Janet doesn't even make the top 4.

So?

They come from the same genre of music so are automatically the same? :conf:

Liam-
04-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Janet was **** anyway so

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:16 AM
So?

They come from the same genre of music so are automatically the same? :conf:

They both did really slow Indie tracks, Matt was praised by the public for it, while Janet was tagged as dull for the doing the same thing.

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:18 AM
They both did really slow Indie tracks, Matt was praised by the public for it, while Janet was tagged as dull for the doing the same thing.

Because she was dull, not because of the stuff she sang, but because she was dull.

I also wouldn't compare them at all. She was a gothic type whereas Matt Cardle also sang more uptempo songs.

LukeB
04-06-2015, 12:18 AM
I'm really tired and idk what's going on but dull people do get praised and end up being overrated like Andrea.

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Janet was **** anyway so

I do think that she struggled with the themes.

But Indie singers are going to, yet Matt got away with his struggles more than Janet did.

Marsh.
Matt wasn't indie though.

Liam-
I'm really tired and idk what's going on but dull people do get praised and end up being overrated like Andrea.

Hold your horses sunshine

LukeB
04-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Matt wasn't indie though.

Just another overrated singer really

Rebecca should have won :flutter:

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Because she was dull, not because of the stuff she sang, but because she was dull.

I also wouldn't compare them at all. She was a gothic type whereas Matt Cardle also sang more uptempo songs.

Matt Cardle did uptempo?

And you described Janet perfectly, yet did she really get gothic songs on the show? No so she had to do a Matt and change the style of the songs and got abused for it.

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Matt Cardle did uptempo?

And you described Janet perfectly, yet did she really get gothic songs on the show? No so she had to do a Matt and change the style of the songs and got abused for it.

But was that because she's a young white pretty girl? NO.

End of discussion.

It's because X Factor has a very narrow mainstream appeal, if you don't fit through it you're eliminated. All acts go through this, white, black, yellow, green, fat, thin, ugly, pretty.

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:24 AM
But was that because she's a young white pretty girl? NO.

End of discussion.

So the good looking guy getting praised for changing the style of the song, but the pretty white girl gets abused for doing the same thing disproves my point how exactly?

James
04-06-2015, 12:26 AM
Saw it on an article at Digital Spy, would be interesting.

It's not 'live feed' - it's just making the part of the judges' houses episodes live.

The show’s popular judges' houses section will now be broadcast live from four different worldwide locations - at a huge increase to production costs.

Last year, judges filmed as far afield as LA, Mexico and France, and this year is likely to feature similarly exotic locations.

A show source said: “ Cowell wants to increase the drama and tension of the moment contestants are told they’ve got through.

“Judges houses has always been one of the most talked about and watched parts of the series, and one idea being discussed is to make these episodes live. It would be an exciting innovation and make for real event TV.

“It’s going to be expensive as it will require four entire camera crews and teams for all four locations. There are lots of logistical and practical concerns to work through before we can go ahead, but Cowell thinks it will be worth it.”..............

............Hosts Olly Murs and Caroline Flack are likely to present from a studio in the UK, as the broadcast looks set to feature two locations on the Saturday evening show, and two on the Sunday night. However, the source adds that production are currently “ironing out the details” to get the best format for the episodes.

A spokesman for X Factor said: “There will be a number of changes to this year’s X Factor but it’s too early to confirm what these will be at this stage.”

From http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-simon-cowell-plans-5720150

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:30 AM
So the good looking guy getting praised for changing the style of the song, but the pretty white girl gets abused for doing the same thing disproves my point how exactly?

Well first of all she wasn't abused and second of all the very fact you have no proof that the pretty white girl was disliked for being a pretty white girl.

Not to mention the fact she's pretty is pretty ****ing debatable. :laugh:

Not to mention maybe Matt's style change worked and hers didn't? Plenty people can do the "exact same thing" but it's not going to yield the "exact same results".

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:39 AM
I don't even find Janet attractive personally, I just know that a lot of people did and what ended up happening to her? She got the dull tag.

And Matt and Janet had a similar journey to me, they both had their weeks when they was good (Matt with Just The Way You Are and Baby One More Time, I find his First Time I Ever Saw Your Face overrated) and Janet had Fix You, and Kiss Me that worked for her, but they had their bad performances too that was absolutely dire like when Matt went for Dido's Here With Me, and Janet's Mmmbop.:umm2:

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 12:41 AM
Each and every X Factor contestant there's been will be attractive to some viewers somewhere (yes even Tesco Mary and that hairy big thing) so that's not a very strong argument.

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm on about a sizeable chunk of the public, not Mary's friends and stomach.

Marsh.
04-06-2015, 01:12 AM
So they criticised her because a "sizeable chunk" of the audience thought this 16 year old was "pretty".

Ok Mock. :laugh:

Mystic Mock
04-06-2015, 04:54 AM
So they criticised her because a "sizeable chunk" of the audience thought this 16 year old was "pretty".

Ok Mock. :laugh:

Well Simon tends to only like the mixed race and black girls, and the housewives that mainly vote on the show tend to hate pretty girls period, but the white girls suffer the most from their wrath imo.

Denver
04-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Didn't Janet keep forgetting the lyrics? I think that was why she was eliminated :hehe:

Liam-
04-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Well Simon tends to only like the mixed race and black girls, and the housewives that mainly vote on the show tend to hate pretty girls period, but the white girls suffer the most from their wrath imo.

Good lord

Babayaro.
04-06-2015, 10:37 AM
It's not live feed lol. It's a live show of judges houses. Misleading title imo

Gstar
05-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Just bring back fame academy

Mystic Mock
05-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Good lord

I'm not the only one to think it about Simon.:joker:

MB.