PDA

View Full Version : Live shows to last 7 weeks?

Jack_
23-06-2015, 04:36 PM
So I decided to watch an interview with Dermot on Good Morning Britain from earlier and in the first part of the interview when talking about leaving the show he mentions that there's '7 live weeks this year' and that was a factor in his decision cause as we all know that's his favourite part of the job

Some rugby World Cup matches are going to be broadcast on Saturday's this autumn and there's been speculation since last year about how this would affect X Factor, with perhaps the live shows moving to Sunday's completely, but if this really is the case then...well, that's now the fourth thing that's gone wrong about this series. The live shows are the highlight of the entire series, cutting them back to drag out more prerecorded crap is awful :bored:

Here it is:

http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/dermot-oleary-sounds-of-summer

reece(:
23-06-2015, 04:38 PM
I read the 7 week thing somewhere a few weeks back.

A X factor USA tea.

JoshBB
23-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Probably better tbh. I always find that the live shows drag out too long and I only watched around 5/10 of them last year

Jack_
23-06-2015, 04:42 PM
The Voice is particularly awful because the live weeks are so short (what is it, 3 now?), this is totally the wrong move

Maybe there is weight to the speculation that Judges Houses will be live - one each over four weekends, allowing them to fly out to each location? Although maybe not because then they'd still be 'live' shows

Mystic Mock
24-06-2015, 06:52 AM
That's dumb if they go with that.