PDA

View Full Version : Nick Grimshaw causes Cheryl to fume after referring to her as 'Cole'.

Pete.
18-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Nick Grimshaw have known each other for years and have recently gone from friends to colleagues after he joined The X Factor.

But their long acquaintance doesn't give the Radio 1 breakfast host the freedom to get away with calling the singer by her former married surname.

The pop star was reportedly far from amused when Nick accidentally called her 'Cheryl Cole' instead of by her current married name Fernandez-Versini when he was asking her opinion during auditions in London on Thursday.

According to The Sun, the 32-year-old snapped: 'It's Cheryl or Chezza!'

Fellow judge Rita Ora, who was sat between them, said: 'I'm backing away,' while Simon Cowell quipped: 'Awkward, awkward!'

Cheryl, whose maiden name was Tweedy, was known by the surname Cole since she married footballer Ashley Cole in 2006.

She continued to use his surname following their 2010 divorce, before ditching it in July last year when she married Frenchman Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini.

happened when warm-up host Ian Royce accidentally used Cole instead of Fernandez-Versini in front of the studio audience.

Cheryl said sternly to Ian: ''It's not hard to pronounce my name phonetically' after he tried to joke about her lengthy new title.

She then added: 'It wasn't hard to say unless you were arrogant and had no common sense.'

As a result, Ian was bombarded with abuse from Cheryl's fans on Twitter so he made a public apology.

Not Nick dragging the holier than thou Cheryl

I would care more if Cheryl didn't continue to use Cole several years after her divorce to get more sells

Liam-
18-07-2015, 12:30 PM
I might have to start liking him if he carries on like this :laugh:

LukeB
18-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Who the hell is Ian?

Ramsay
18-07-2015, 01:38 PM
As a result, Ian was bombarded with abuse from Cheryl's fans on Twitter so he made a public apology.

Oh come the **** on :joker:

Headie
18-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Who the hell is Ian?

warm-up host Ian Royce

joeysteele
18-07-2015, 03:37 PM
She wouldn't like me at all for sure, I have several names I would call her, and none of them her own.