PDA

View Full Version : People moan about wanting different and none XF friendly song choices on the show bu?

Mystic Mock
22-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Every time that the show has tried, even if the performance is done well the public will still vote the cliched performances to the top.

Just look at these as an example.

Series 7 Live Show 1:
Aiden Grimshaw - Mad World - It hadn't been done on the show before Aiden took it on, he delivered his best vocal and performance on this song, stage production was great, he looked the part, and pulled the best acting skills off that I've ever seen on a talent show performance.

Mary Byrne - It's A Man's Man's World - Mary's best vocal of the series imo, but still not as strong as Aiden's Mad World, performance wise significantly weaker than Aiden's Mad World, and she didn't look the part as much so she lost on all grounds really on the night, but because she did the safer song choice she topped the votes? How is that telling ITV that you want the show to go down a different and less safe route? Especially considering Aiden was not even 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in that weeks vote?

Series 7 Live Show 4:
Cher Lloyd - Stay - I was not Cher's biggest fan I think that everybody knows that, but this was her moment, her strongest vocal of the series, her most intense performance of the series, and again the song hasn't been done a million times before, but again it failed to top the votes? Why?

Matt Cardle - Bleeding Love - Bad vocal, safe XF song choice, no performance value to it, yet he topped the votes with it?

Series 10 Live Show 3:
Luke Friend - Kiss From A Rose - At this point it was easily his best performance at the lives, he performed it well, it was a creative song choice, and for the most part his vocal was on point, yet couldn't break the funeral top 2 up with their cliched song choices?

Sam Bailey - My Heart Will Go On - Practically everything about this performance screamed safe, not exactly giving ITV or Simon the message now is it?

Series 11 Live Show 8:
Lauren Platt - Don't You Worry Child - It was Lauren's most consistent vocal in the series, she performed it well, acted it out well, and looked stunning on the night, the public all over praised the performance, yet when it cames to the actual votes she came 4th out of 5 and hit the bottom two? Again not exactly teaching ITV a lesson.

Ben Haenow - Thinking Out Loud - I know it's not been done a million times on the show before, but it's such an XF friendly song choice it's unbelievable, he vocal was nowhere near as good as Lauren's Don't You Worry Child, nor was his performance as strong as hers either as he was too busy posing to the crowd, yet he cruises through in 1st place, how is that fair?

Series 10 Live Show 4:
Abi Alton - I Will Survive - She did a song that's not been done to death on the show, she actually clicked with the song both vocally and intensely after struggling to do either before at the lives, she even changed the style of the song, yet she came 7th out of 9 in the vote?:crazy:

Sam Bailey - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) - Tbf it was her best performance at the lives, it was just again quite safe for Sam Bailey, and more Karaoke than Abi's I Will Survive, she didn't play any Instruments either, so for me personally looking at it from a Music point of view it's a strange result to me to see Sam Bailey get more votes in this week than Abi, but it's more understandable than the ones above, and the ones that I'm about to mention.

Series 8 Live Show 4:
Little Mix - E.T - The first and only time that this song has been done on the show, It was one of the rare times where they was left exposed by production in the vocal department, and they still managed to do a decent vocal and a very fun performance, yet they didn't top the vote?

Janet Devlin - Every Breath You Take - Flat notes, flat performing, and a very safe and predictable The Police song to do on TXF.

Series 6 Live Show 2:
Jamie Archer - Hurt - His best vocal and performance of the series, yet he didn't even come 2nd in the vote? ITV again not being sent a message that the public actually want less safe song choices on the show.

Stacey Solomon - I can't remember what she sung on the night other than the fact that it was extremely boring, and an extremely flat vocal, yet topped the vote because it was more Granniefied.

There's others too, but I would be here all day.

Pete.
22-07-2015, 12:05 AM
I'm so sick of how boring the X Factor has become hence the thirst for Fleur's personality. So Abi came 7th because her rendition of a disco song was boring as hell

MB.
22-07-2015, 12:07 AM
lol Kiss From a Rose is hardly ground-breaking

Mystic Mock
22-07-2015, 12:25 AM
lol Kiss From a Rose is hardly ground-breaking

I would agree with you on any other Talent Show, but TXF has never done the song before Luke took it on, especially a Rock version.

And Petemitch how is it boring doing a different version of the song? It beats doing a safe upbeat number nearly every week.