PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see another BB8 style walkway?

T*
26-07-2015, 05:10 PM
poll coming

Pete.
26-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Yes but any change to the eviction layout is desperately needed

Loukas
26-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Naaa, felt a little pointless.

MB.
26-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Just any change of set would be nice

MB.
26-07-2015, 05:24 PM
And it'd probably work better nowadays, what with them playing music over the evictions etc.

y.winter
26-07-2015, 05:26 PM
It was legendary imo, I liked it, it was refreshing.

Jason.
26-07-2015, 05:40 PM
And it'd probably work better nowadays, what with them playing music over the evictions etc.

Yeah. I think this too.

Jack_
26-07-2015, 05:41 PM
I hated it at the time (I think the BB7 set with the two platforms either side of Davina's stage was the best) but I'd take anything over the overused crap we have now

Even moving the eye stage to the left hand side like CBB7 would be fine tbh, it just needs moving around

Jason.
26-07-2015, 06:06 PM
I'd love a BB5 type exterior again. Re-watching BB5, that set-up was great. But it wouldn't work nowadays, with the small crowds we have.

BB5 had huge crowds.

MB.
26-07-2015, 06:08 PM
If all else fails, just make the crowd look bigger by having a BB11-style set-up.

TomC
26-07-2015, 06:09 PM
All I want is the cars back :(

And no music.

And no interview with Emma.

Ashley.
26-07-2015, 06:10 PM
where's the walkway man

TomC
26-07-2015, 06:13 PM
I'd love a BB5 type exterior again. Re-watching BB5, that set-up was great. But it wouldn't work nowadays, with the small crowds we have.

BB5 had huge crowds.

Surely that wasn't much fun for the crowd though? Hardly any of them would be able to see the HMs.

Marsh.
26-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Just any change of set would be nice

This.

Oaker
26-07-2015, 06:14 PM
At this point I doubt they will ever change the set.

Jason.
26-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Surely that wasn't much fun for the crowd though? Hardly any of them would be able to see the HMs.

I don't get it.

reece(:
26-07-2015, 06:24 PM
AaCArIHO_3s

Pete.
26-07-2015, 06:25 PM
They tried it again in BB11/UBB but it was one of the few things that Channel 5 didn't steal from that era

MB.
26-07-2015, 06:28 PM
AaCArIHO_3s

Yeah, something like this would work (also see: Celeb Hijack)

Black Dagger
26-07-2015, 06:29 PM
AaCArIHO_3s

God I live for her :joker:

TomC
26-07-2015, 06:30 PM
I don't get it.

Like, the HMs were always at the level of the crowd, so most of the crowd wouldn't be able to see the housemates when they entered and exited... Obviously there was the big screen but it's not really the same.

AaCArIHO_3s

One of my favourite evictions ever!

'I'm not a nutter!'

They tried it again in BB11/UBB but it was one of the few things that Channel 5 didn't steal from that era

What did they do?

Jason.
26-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Like, the HMs were always at the level of the crowd, so most of the crowd wouldn't be able to see the housemates when they entered and exited... Obviously there was the big screen but it's not really the same.

Davina used to take the evictee to the circular podium and the curved walkway to meet the crowd before they walked to the eviction studio. So they could see the housemate for a short while. And on the final they had the special long walkway put up.

For the BB5 launch, they had a similar set up to BB6/7, where they split the crowd in half, and had a space in the middle for the housemate to walk through.

TomC
26-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Davina used to take the evictee to the circular podium and the curved walkway to meet the crowd before they walked to the eviction studio. So they could see the housemate for a short while. And on the final they had the special long walkway put up.

For the BB5 launch, they had a similar set up to BB6/7, where they split the crowd in half, and had a space in the middle for the housemate to walk through.

Oh yeah I'd forgotten they had a podium and walkway in front of the stage. But the problem remains for the BB5 launch!

I have wondered, outwith the final, why was everyone's eviction interview in the studio apart from Marco and Becki?

MB.
26-07-2015, 06:48 PM
They moved the interviews inside after Becki's because of the boos she had iirc. I'm not sure why Vanessa's was inside.

Marsh.
26-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Oh I thought it was because of the rain?

Didn't Marco go arse over tit because he slipped?

Jason.
26-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah I'd forgotten they had a podium and walkway in front of the stage. But the problem remains for the BB5 launch!

I have wondered, outwith the final, why was everyone's eviction interview in the studio apart from Marco and Becki?

Yeah. but the launch crowd wasn't as big. They were the same size as BB6/7.
It's when they got rid of that space where the housemate walks through where the crowd was massive as it was just one massive rectangle.

I don't know. I think because the crowd were really booey with Becki, and she couldn't speak over them, so they decided to revert back to the Studio as it was quieter. Maybe weather problems too. I'm not quite sure, TBH.

One thing I also want to know is how Davina and evictee got to the studio during Vanessa and Ahmed's evictions, when the crowd covered pretty much the whole compound. Where did they walk?

Firewire
26-07-2015, 06:52 PM
No because the crowd now is ATROCIOUS. The shorter the runway the better.

TomC
26-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Yeah. but the launch crowd wasn't as big. They were the same size as BB6/7.
It's when they got rid of that space where the housemate walks through where the crowd was massive as it was just one massive rectangle.

I don't know. I think because the crowd were really booey with Becki, and she couldn't speak over them, so they decided to revert back to the Studio as it was quieter. Maybe weather problems too. I'm not quite sure, TBH.

One thing I also want to know is how Davina and evictee got to the studio during Vanessa and Ahmed's evictions, when the crowd covered pretty much the whole compound. Where did they walk?

I think it's better when they save the stage for the final...

Now we don't even get a stage. It made the final feel like such a big event.