PDA

View Full Version : Peter Dickson not returning

Smithy
28-07-2015, 12:15 PM

welp

(he's the "TIME TO FACE THE MUSIC" for you uncultured swines)

Firewire
28-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Confirmed on Twitter

Smithy
28-07-2015, 12:16 PM
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285724

:idc:

Firewire
28-07-2015, 12:17 PM
**** off you skinny twat

Natalie.
28-07-2015, 12:18 PM
marcus bentley for the job?

Smithy
28-07-2015, 12:21 PM
**** off you skinny twat

wow rude :idc:

Black Dagger
28-07-2015, 12:32 PM
He was irreplaceable. Rachel ADEDEJIIII remains iconic to this day.

Babayaro.
28-07-2015, 12:59 PM
**** sake this series is going to be a mess. First Dermot, now Peter :(

jackc1806
28-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Screamin if Marcus takes over

Headie
28-07-2015, 01:03 PM
RIP X Factor

Marcus better not replace him :nono:

Marsh.
28-07-2015, 01:05 PM
:clap1:

Marcus Bentley next please. Irritating twats.

Jack_
28-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Oh dear, this is the final straw I think

First Dermot, then Louis, then room auditions, then three weeks of live shows, now this. What's next? Axing Deadlock? The theme tune?

Jack_
28-07-2015, 01:31 PM
oh God actually now I said that I bet they start doing that awful thing BGT do these days and don't run the titles in full after the intro VT

Babayaro.
28-07-2015, 01:40 PM

First Dermot, then Louis, then room auditions, then three weeks of live shows, now this. What's next? Axing Deadlock? The theme tune?

three weeks of live shows?

Jack_
28-07-2015, 01:47 PM
three weeks of live shows?

Should've elaborated a bit more, I mean as in Louis's going, as is three weeks of live shows

There's only seven this year, and Dermot confirmed on a Good Morning Britain interview that's part of the reason he left because it's his favourite part of the job. The Rugby World Cup is to blame, people speculated that they may just move the show to Sunday nights but it seems they've taken the disastrous route The Voice have of cutting down the best part of the show.

And if the series starts at the same time it usually does, that's more prerecorded content to endure :sleep:

Babayaro.
28-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Should've elaborated a bit more, I mean as in Louis's going, as is three weeks of live shows

There's only seven this year, and Dermot confirmed on a Good Morning Britain interview that's part of the reason he left because it's his favourite part of the job. The Rugby World Cup is to blame, people speculated that they may just move the show to Sunday nights but it seems they've taken the disastrous route The Voice have of cutting down the best part of the show.

And if the series starts at the same time it usually does, that's more prerecorded content to endure :sleep:

Seriously? That's a ridiculous decision. No wonder Dermot left then. That's one of the reasons why I dislike The Voice, the live shows should be the main thing, and lasting 10 weeks is a great accomplishment opposed to 7 weeks which is usually when the double eliminations happen. Is it also starting at the same time? Meaning there's going to be no show in December

Pete.
28-07-2015, 02:14 PM
This series my goodness

reece(:
28-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Another nail to the coffin.

Jack_
28-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Seriously? That's a ridiculous decision. No wonder Dermot left then. That's one of the reasons why I dislike The Voice, the live shows should be the main thing, and lasting 10 weeks is a great accomplishment opposed to 7 weeks which is usually when the double eliminations happen. Is it also starting at the same time? Meaning there's going to be no show in December

Indeed, the more the better because that's when you get to know the contestants. The Voice's three live shows and format of ~let's eliminate four people every week~ is an embarrassment.

I would assume it's starting at the same time as usual, I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise. And I would suspect it'll still finish near Christmas. All it will mean is one of two options, they run the auditions, Bootcamp and Judges Houses as per normal and then have a 3/4 week break before the live shows start, or they'll increase the amount of prerecorded content and probably stretch Bootcamp/Judges Houses out for a bit longer. There was speculation that they may do JH (or at least segments of it) live but I don't know how logistically possible that is.

Either way, bad decision.

Brother Leon
28-07-2015, 02:26 PM
The Show is dying. They desperately need a true star to come out from it again. Haven't really had one since the Little Mix Year.

Black Dagger
28-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Yeah it says a lot when there biggest star post Little Mix has been a novelty act.

LukeB
28-07-2015, 02:35 PM
I mean the last star they had from the show was Ella Henderson

zakman440
28-07-2015, 02:36 PM
What the **** are they doing to the show?! This is shaping up to be the worst series yet. I could deal with Louis going, I could deal with Judges Houses going live and I could deal with Olly and Caroline replacing Dermot. I could even deal with Nick ****ing Grimshaw being a judge, but it just looks like they want to completely remove any memory of recent X Factor years to win the ratings war against Strictly (even though we all know that Strictly will win again regardless). Every new piece of information about this series has made me less excited for it and even considering not tuning in this year.

zakman440
28-07-2015, 02:37 PM

They'll bring back the flash vote next :bored:

LeatherTrumpet
28-07-2015, 02:40 PM
This and Cheryl's skeleton against the power and thighs of Ora?

:omgno:

Lostie!
28-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Wow. It's pretty weird imagining The X Factor without him.

So that's Dermot, Louis and now Peter Dickson. This series is going to feel so different. Although Louis going doesn't bother me, there's only so long someone can be the novelty judge before it gets tiresome.

And what's this about the lives only being 7 weeks? Why's that?

Shaun
28-07-2015, 05:36 PM
I am irritated by his voice but it's going to be 'The Voice' levels of desperation and depression this year.

Still not over Nick Grimshaw being involved. That man is a true argument for euthanasia.

Marsh.
28-07-2015, 05:37 PM
I am irritated by his voice

Still not over Nick Grimshaw being involved. That man is a true argument for euthanasia.

:worship:

Marsh.
28-07-2015, 05:37 PM
And what's this about the lives only being 7 weeks? Why's that?

Because the show's sh*te and everyone gets bored? :laugh:

Firewire
28-07-2015, 05:46 PM

:joker:

MB.
28-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Rachel Adedeji is now trending. Today is a good day.

lewis111
28-07-2015, 08:34 PM
I got really upset at this.

The show really is dead now, they better not just have that pathetic twat olly murs saying his lines now.

Is the X factor renewed for a certain amount of years or will this be it's last?? If last years return of Simon and Cheryl and quite a decent set of finalists couldn't save it, nothing will

Marsh.
28-07-2015, 08:34 PM
I got really upset at this.

lewis111
28-07-2015, 08:38 PM

he as the only thing saving this years show for me, #legend stg. I know it's going to be Olly Murs talking over everything all the time now and I hate him and his voice and his music

Jake.
28-07-2015, 08:41 PM
a joke

Cherie
28-07-2015, 08:49 PM
It needed a revamp, now it's got one it didn't need a revamp :laugh:

joeysteele
28-07-2015, 10:10 PM
I think it is time the X Factor was totally transformed,the weeks with irrelevant themes that now even moreso than before stifles the talents of acts rather than enhances them.
The winner has to score number one after number one to be kept on the books,which none of them do now.

The panel is dried up with panellists making it about them and not the acts,especially Cheryl whoever she is, who should be the kiss of death to any proceedings.
With Louis now gone, the humour will be gone in the main too.

The X factor survives in my view,in part, because it brings on the well established artistes who generally show how poor many of the selected acts competing on the show are.
Singers are told they are not ready for the show and need to work on their act for longer and should come back in a year or so.
The they shove people together as a group and they have virtually no time to really gel at all.

Some have done really good from the X Factor but 2 of the biggest successes, Olly Murs and One Direction were not even winners on the show.
Some better show as to presenting 'new' talent could take the place of X Factor and in my view is badly needed now.
A show geared around the acts,not the mentors/judges who should in effect be separated anyway and have mentors then judges,not the same people doing the 2 same roles.

Gstar
28-07-2015, 10:17 PM
They should just quit whilst they're already six feet under, Rita's so dumb for leaving the voice for this