PDA

View Full Version : Did Rita Sabotage Seann?

Denver
08-11-2015, 08:07 PM
i feel the reason she sent Seann home was because he was a threat to her girls and she proved tonight she is not capable of being a judge.

Samm
08-11-2015, 08:08 PM
She's trash

lewis111
08-11-2015, 08:09 PM
I honestly think she just wanted to be a discussion point like for people to be like WHAT RITA
but if I was a judge i'd do the exact same to be fair

Babayaro.
Well he's not really a threat if he came 10th out of 11 is he?

Drew.
She stuck with the type of artist that most represents the genre of music she does and the artist she understands and likes more.. nothing more to it really, having judges with different opinions is the whole point of them being there.

Cherie
08-11-2015, 08:10 PM
The producers made the call imo

Firewire
08-11-2015, 08:10 PM
She stuck with the type of artist that most represents the genre of music she does and the artist she understands and likes more.. nothing more to it really, having judges with different opinions is the whole point of them being there.

Pretty much. I think she would've felt bad about being directly responsible for Mason's exit, whereas Seann's was down to the public.

Niamh.
08-11-2015, 08:11 PM
The producers made the call imo

Don't watch it anymore but was just going to say the same thing (a reason why I stopped watching it tbh) Does anyone still believe that the judges aren't just doing what they're told?

JoshBB
I mean.. it was obvious that Rita liked Mason more. So they put her third and Nick last knowing that he would then put it to deadlock.

If Nick/Rita went first it would've been different.

Shaun
It was more likely a case of her doing it for the controversy & the ratings.

She seemed moved to tears every time Seann so much as farted so it was a bizarre decision on an emotional / honest level.

Cherie

She has raved about Seann constantly and Masons sing off song was awful compared to Seann so her decision made no sense

Cherie
08-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Don't watch it anymore but was just going to say the same thing (a reason why I stopped watching it tbh) Does anyone still believe that the judges aren't just doing what they're told?

It seems they do :shrug:

Denver
08-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Well he's not really a threat if he came 10th out of 11 is he?
but leaked voting stats he came 3rd the week before

Smithy
08-11-2015, 08:13 PM
It was more likely a case of her doing it for the controversy & the ratings.

Never understood this as an excuse, if anything it's gonna drive viewers away, whose going to tune in next week after a controversial result and an excellent vocalist has gone :conf2:

Firewire
08-11-2015, 08:14 PM
It's the top trend on twitter tho which will help it get a renewal

Jack_
08-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Let's not pretend that the whole vote was steered towards Deadlock. Had they gone to Nick first, as they often do when a mentor has both acts in the sing-off, there's a good chance he'd have abstained (as many other judges have), and the vote would've been 2-1 to save Seann.

Going to Simon first cemented Deadlock, and in turn Seann's exit. What's irritating about this is that the ~controversy~ they're aiming for is futile, no one will care that Mason has stayed because he's not even that bad. I am the first to support deliberate drama-filled judges' votes because that's what this show is about - but only when there's a point to them. This doesn't achieve anything other than the loss of the most unique act this year.

Pete.
08-11-2015, 08:17 PM
More headlines for her and the show

EspeonBB
08-11-2015, 08:18 PM
It gets the show more publicity which is why she probably did it

Ninastar
shes obviously a homophobe

Niamh.
Let's not pretend that the whole vote was steered towards Deadlock. Had they gone to Nick first, as they often do when a mentor has both acts in the sing-off, there's a good chance he'd have abstained (as many other judges have), and the vote would've been 2-1 to save Seann.

Going to Simon first cemented Deadlock, and in turn Seann's exit. What's irritating about this is that the ~controversy~ they're aiming for is futile, no one will care that Mason has stayed because he's not even that bad. I am the first to support deliberate drama-filled judges' votes because that's what this show is about - but only when there's a point to them. This doesn't achieve anything other than the loss of the most unique act this year.

So in other words the "that's entertainment" reasoning works for you only when it doesn't involve one of your favourites? :fan:

Locke.
If you're 10th out of 11 at this stage then you aren't a threat to Louisa (or Lauren). And this:

Ashley.
If people read about this they're more likely to think "typical X Factor", not "wow X Factor I want to watch". If anything this has secured them even lower ratings than usual.

Jack_
08-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Never understood this as an excuse, if anything it's gonna drive viewers away, whose going to tune in next week after a controversial result and an excellent vocalist has gone :conf2:

It doesn't, it causes outrage, increases press attention, gets people talking and inevitably makes people tune in the following week to see what'll happen. In the golden era of X Factor I'm pretty sure there's evidence of this happening following the ~controversial~ sing-off results.

This however will fall flat on its face, because Mason isn't Jedward, he isn't Katie Waissel, Rylan, Stevi Ritchie etc...

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
08-11-2015, 08:20 PM
why does he spell his name like that

Cold Sweat
08-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Rita didn't take the result to dead-lock.

EspeonBB
08-11-2015, 08:23 PM
If people read about this they're more likely to think "typical X Factor", not "wow X Factor I want to watch". If anything this has secured them even lower ratings than usual.

Yeah but a controversial result such as this one gets people talking (it's the top trend on Twitter rn) which should garner more interest for next week.

Jack_
08-11-2015, 08:24 PM
So in other words the "that's entertainment" reasoning works for you only when it doesn't involve one of your favourites? :fan:

Nope, I've lost favourites in controversial sing-offs before but understood the reasoning and accepted that's what this show is about and a big part of the reason I watch, but when it's pointless...it makes no sense

You don't know who Mason is so you wouldn't know why it's pointless :nono: because he's not your stereotypical ~bad~ act that's saved, he's quite good

LukeB
08-11-2015, 08:33 PM

I agree, that what makes a great judge

Lostie!
08-11-2015, 08:36 PM

But by the same token, making a choice based on the sing-off is the whole point of having that there. If they're just entitled to disregard that then they might as well scrap it entirely. It's clearly pointless filler in too many instances.

Denver
08-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I agree, that what makes a great judge

that is weird? i never knew sending home a better act made someone a better judge.

Headie
08-11-2015, 08:39 PM
They should've gone to Nick first for the drama

LukeB
08-11-2015, 08:40 PM
that is weird? i never knew sending home a better act made someone a better judge.

If he was a better act why didn't he get the votes from the public that got him in the bottom 3?

Vanessa
08-11-2015, 08:40 PM
I think so, yes. :laugh:

Lostie!
08-11-2015, 08:44 PM
If he was a better act why didn't he get the votes from the public that got him in the bottom 3?

The amount of votes they get the how talented they are isn't necessarily linked. Better singers have left plenty of times, it doesn't automatically make them less talented than the one they left against.

But then, "better" is subjective too.

Amy Jade
08-11-2015, 08:49 PM
The amount of votes they get the how talented they are isn't necessarily linked. Better singers have left plenty of times, it doesn't automatically make them less talented than the one they left against.

But why blame the judges? The public obviously never got behind him and Seann has had two boring shouty songs...he was too theatrical for the show really

Denver
08-11-2015, 08:52 PM
But why blame the judges? The public obviously never got behind him and Seann has had two boring shouty songs...he was too theatrical for the show really

because its a singing competion.

the way the judges act is the reason viewers turn off

LukeB
08-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Due to deadlock 95% of the time.. I blame the public more than I do the judges tbh :laugh:

Lostie!
08-11-2015, 08:56 PM

If you believe the judges shouldn't be at all held accountable then why did you insult Simon last week when he saved Kiera based on the sing-off?

And I never absolved the voters, I count myself among those who shouldn't have assumed certain people were safe.

Tom4784
08-11-2015, 09:21 PM
She sent him home because that's what the producers wanted. It always goes to Deadlock when it's two acts of the same category in the bottom two because it's more dramatic. Mason will cause more controversy so they saved him for the promo.

The judges don't decide who stays and who goes, it's the producers.

Vanessa
08-11-2015, 09:25 PM
I saw Mason perform live at the 6 chairs challenge and he was one of those who stood out to me. There's just something about him.

Tom4784
08-11-2015, 09:26 PM
I saw Mason perform live at the 6 chairs challenge and he was one of those who stood out to me. There's just something about him.

Yeah, he brings in the headlines and promo. That's why the producers kept him.

LukeB
08-11-2015, 09:26 PM

Rita said the same thing didn't she? before voting to save him

Liam-
08-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Nick sabotaged Seann.

Tom4784
08-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Nick sabotaged Seann.

The judges have no power apart from Simon.

Vanessa
08-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Yeah, he brings in the headlines and promo. That's why the producers kept him.

Same reason they kept Katie Waissel so many times. At least Mason can actually sing. :laugh:

Vanessa
08-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Rita said the same thing didn't she? before voting to save him

yes, she did.

Tom4784
08-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Same reason they kept Katie Waissel so many times. At least Mason can actually sing. :laugh:

The later has anything to do with the former so why bring it up like it's a counter argument?

Marsh.
08-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Why's nobody questioning the fact it was Nick's vote that sent it to deadlock and the public who didn't vote for him? :laugh:

That's hardly Rita's fault.

Vanessa
08-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Why's nobody questioning the fact it was Nick's vote that sent it to deadlock and the public who didn't vote for him? :laugh:

You have a point. :laugh:

Tom4784
08-11-2015, 09:36 PM

But the producers decided to take it to Deadlock to get the result they wanted. They look at the voting figures and tell that judges to act accordingly.

LukeB
08-11-2015, 09:37 PM

I've been saying this on the other thread, but Nick is their mentor so he gets no blame. When he had a choice in save Seann or taking the risk in sending him home.. Deadlock = the better one goes.

Vanessa
08-11-2015, 09:37 PM
i knew nick would take it to deadlock. There's noway he was going to send home one of his boys.

Marsh.
08-11-2015, 09:38 PM
But the producers decided to take it to Deadlock to get the result they wanted. They look at the voting figures and tell that judges to act accordingly.

And that's another reason why it's bizarre to single Rita out. :laugh:

Calderyon
08-11-2015, 09:39 PM

Other than Simon, i think? Isnīt he one of the producers?

Tom4784
08-11-2015, 09:40 PM
And that's another reason why it's bizarre to single Rita out. :laugh:

Yeah, blame the producers, the judges have no power anyway. They're just there to film promos with the contestants. They don't pick who goes through to lives or who goes home or even what they sing.

LukeB
08-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Gamu gate was deffo the producers doing and Cheryl got all the blame and got called a racist..

rionablue
08-11-2015, 09:52 PM
i feel the reason she sent Seann home was because he was a threat to her girls and she proved tonight she is not capable of being a judge.

I liked her in the Voice but I have gone right off her. It was clear as day that based on either the sing off or the show so far that Mason should have been sent home. Her styling of Monica was awful and she is wearing the most horrible dresses I have ever seen.

She is extremely pretty but she should sack her stylist. Grimmy nearly has more cop on in chosing songs that she does and he doesn't even SING

Mystic Mock
09-11-2015, 01:56 AM
She went on preference of Music rather than who did better in the sing-off.

She even admitted that Seann did better in the sing-off but still voted him off anyway, so that imo should see her sacked but it won't happen.

Mystic Mock
09-11-2015, 02:01 AM

Because the public are thick and think that it's Big Brother meets America's Next Top Model.

Mystic Mock
09-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Due to deadlock 95% of the time.. I blame the public more than I do the judges tbh :laugh:

If the public vote wrongly and put someone more talented last in the vote out of the bottom two, then it's up to the judges to rectify that and save the more talented acts, that's the whole point of the bottom two system even being there, not to embarrass the talented act by also letting them know that the public didn't vote for you at all and you're therefore eliminated whilst an act that's been **** in week 1, 2, and the sing-off is still in the competition.

LukeB
09-11-2015, 02:06 AM
Because the public are thick and think that it's Big Brother meets America's Next Top Model.

Or the public felt angry/sorry for the acts that were sabotaged. Anton isn't the best looking and was the worst last night because Simon sabataged him.

Mystic Mock
09-11-2015, 02:10 AM
Or the public felt angry/sorry for the acts that were sabotaged. Anton isn't the best looking and was the worst last night because Simon sabataged him.

This isn't about people being sabotaged, Seann was one of only two acts that even sung in tune on Saturday night so for him to even be in contention to be in the bottom three let alone 10th out of 11 is bang out of order from the public, and it shows that they're not voting based on the performances because if they was Anton would've been in the bottom three, and Seann would've been in the top five.

LukeB
09-11-2015, 02:11 AM
If the public vote wrongly and put someone more talented last in the vote out of the bottom two, then it's up to the judges to rectify that and save the more talented acts, that's the whole point of the bottom two system even being there, not to embarrass the talented act by also letting them know that the public didn't vote for you at all and you're therefore eliminated whilst an act that's been **** in week 1, 2, and the sing-off is still in the competition.

Who knows if it's really the judges choice, producers can easily tell them what to do

Marsh.
09-11-2015, 02:12 AM
She went on preference of Music rather than who did better in the sing-off.

She even admitted that Seann did better in the sing-off but still voted him off anyway, so that imo should see her sacked but it won't happen.

Sacked? :laugh:

There are no hard and fast rules on what they must vote for in the sing-off.

Simon changes every week, sometimes bases it on the sing-off, sometimes on who has the most potential, who is more popular with the audience etc etc.

The show is a mess, but it always has been.

Mystic Mock
09-11-2015, 02:13 AM
Who knows if it's really the judges choice, producers can easily tell them what to do

Either way they're not thinking smartly as all of the alternative choices to that cliched top 4 are being removed or sabotaged.

The producers should be trying to make an entertaining show, not remove all of the interesting ones because the public are unprofessional.

Mystic Mock
09-11-2015, 02:15 AM
Sacked? :laugh:

There are no hard and fast rules on what they must vote for in the sing-off.

Simon changes every week, sometimes bases it on the sing-off, sometimes on who has the most potential, who is more popular with the audience etc etc.

The show is a mess, but it always has been.

Simon has never said "you sang better in the sing-off but I'm sending you home anyway" so what was the point of Seann singing in that sing-off if Rita just openly is gonna say to him that she wasn't going to save him anyway?

LukeB
09-11-2015, 02:20 AM
This isn't about people being sabotaged, Seann was one of only two acts that even sung in tune on Saturday night so for him to even be in contention to be in the bottom three let alone 10th out of 11 is bang out of order from the public, and it shows that they're not voting based on the performances because if they was Anton would've been in the bottom three, and Seann would've been in the top five.

Well that's obvious how else would john and edward beat lucy, how else would katie beat everyone for 8 weeks, how did wagner get so far?.. But the finals always have the people who are great.. Anton got saved because he was sabotaged

Marsh.
09-11-2015, 02:21 AM
Simon has never said "you sang better in the sing-off but I'm sending you home anyway" so what was the point of Seann singing in that sing-off if Rita just openly is gonna say to him that she wasn't going to save him anyway?

Well, actually, he sent Laura White home despite her singing better in the sing-off against Jedward so.....

I'm sure I remember him saving Rylan over actually talented acts too.

Anyway, as I said, she obviously wanted to save the act she had more investment in, saw more potential with, personally liked more. But then that's all they're there for, to give their own opinion on the act.

As I said, it's very few occasions any of them base their "decisions" on the actual performance in the sing-off.

LukeB
09-11-2015, 02:22 AM
Marsh you mean Lucie :laugh:

Marsh.
09-11-2015, 02:24 AM
:hmph:

Marsh.
09-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Laura White / Lucie Jones. Same difference.

Mystic Mock
09-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Well, actually, he sent Laura White home despite her singing better in the sing-off against Jedward so.....

I'm sure I remember him saving Rylan over actually talented acts too.

Anyway, as I said, she obviously wanted to save the act she had more investment in, saw more potential with, personally liked more. But then that's all they're there for, to give their own opinion on the act.

As I said, it's very few occasions any of them base their "decisions" on the actual performance in the sing-off.

Well considering that was against Ruth Lorenzo then no she didn't.:laugh:

And Simon wasn't technically around when Rylan was around but I do get what you mean.

And I personally feel that unless the act has hit the bottom two a ridiculous amount of times then it should be judged based on the sing-off, the right result happened last week, but the wrong one definitely happened this week and I don't even see how that can even come down to an opinion when Mason was out of tune.

LukeB
09-11-2015, 02:26 AM
Laura White / Lucie Jones. Same difference.

Diana Vickers... Are we naming x factor contestants?

Marsh.
09-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Well obviously it must come down to opinion, since, even though I can't stand Mason Noise.

I really do not like him one bit, but I wouldn't say he was "out of tune". :unsure:

LukeB
09-11-2015, 02:33 AM
Well obviously it must come down to opinion, since, even though I can't stand Mason Noise.

I really do not like him one bit, but I wouldn't say he was "out of tune". :unsure:

I would have sent seann home over Mason myself tbh

Ammi
09-11-2015, 04:32 AM
..I think that she kind of did/sabotage in that, that's what she was meant to do..two votes for Seann to stay, so we think it's Seann staying and then Rita votes Maison and what's his name takes it to deadlock...cheeky old Simon, it's all about the dramz and any publicity is good publicity, etc etc...

Ammi
09-11-2015, 04:32 AM
..and poor Rita..

Cherie
09-11-2015, 06:21 AM
..and poor Rita..

Never mind poor Rita :fist: she is made her pact with the devil and now she has to pay up even if it means going against her own instincts and losing her integrity. She s a disloyal little madam at any rate jumping ship from the Voice, she looks super uncomfortable at times and a little disengaged, forgetting who Monica was when she introduced her :hmph:

Ammi
09-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Never mind poor Rita :fist: she is made her pact with the devil and now she has to pay up even if it means going against her own instincts and losing her integrity. She s a disloyal little madam at any rate jumping ship from the Voice, she looks super uncomfortable at times and a little disengaged, forgetting who Monica was when she introduced her :hmph:

..:laugh:..yeah, when she signed her XFactor contract with Simon so now that devil owns her and when she's meant to vote controversially...:whistle:....

kirklancaster
09-11-2015, 07:15 AM

You are so right Marsh.

Any blame lies squarely at Nick's feet. NO 'Judge' should EVER be allowed to cop out from making a judgement, it makes a complete nonsense of having 'Judges' in the first place.

Nick's cowardice caused the better and most consistant singer to be sent home - no matter whether he was secretly obeying orders from Cowell or the producers - his failure to judge was responsible.

The whole show is becoming a disaster zone, what with Cowell and the other judges pathetic, unprofessional dithering and 'U' turns during the abysmal '6 chair challenge', and increasingly bizarre incidents such as this.

Does anyone REALLY believe the viewers voting statistics? I don't, because I believe, that like all 'Reality TV' this show is scripted to some degree and it's less about what the public decide and more about what the producers tell us the public has decided.

As crapola as the show is, it is worthwhile, because it DOES give to us GENUINE stars such as Fleur East and Leonna Lewis, and it's worth any Sean fans (I'm one) remembering, that often it is the 'also rans' in this show who subsequently emerge as real stars and who eclipse the crapola winners.

Seann Miley Moore's future is assured.

Cherie
09-11-2015, 07:23 AM
..:laugh:..yeah, when she signed her XFactor contract with Simon so now that devil owns her and when she's meant to vote controversially...:whistle:....

Yes I did mean Simon Cowell when I said devil :laugh: he has complete control over all aspects of it, the judges are just puppets

Ammi
09-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Yes I did mean Simon Cowell when I said devil :laugh: he has complete control over all aspects of it, the judges are just puppets

....hmm, I don't know, maybe it's just being a bit cynical though to think that they're all his decisions and designed to shock and get the show talked about ...because it is public votes and so would pretty much kill the show, if it was all fake...it just always seems to follow the same formula though, or too often, anyway...

Jose Mourinho
09-11-2015, 03:25 PM
I think so, Mason was totally out of his depth attempting that boyz to men song. Sean was a million times better.

Vanessa
09-11-2015, 03:54 PM
I think so, Mason was totally out of his depth attempting that boyz to men song. Sean was a million times better.

Only because he was upset. Seann may be a better singer, but I still like Mason. There's just something about him.