PDA

View Full Version : Love Island recommissioned by ITV2.

zakman440
13-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Caroline Flack will be back with a brand new series of Love Island on ITV2 this summer.

ITV has made the official announcement today, confirming the news on none other than Valentine's day.

It's set to be another summer of love as a brand new group of stunning singles jet off to a sun kissed paradise ready for the holiday of their lives.

And, if the previous Love Islanders’ exploits are anything to go by, the luxury villa promises to be a hot bed of shameless flirting, secret hook ups and scandalous revelations.

Caroline said: “There's no better day than Valentines to announce the return of Love Island! I'm super excited to host series two and start watching all those ridiculously hot people get it on! It's going be a long hot summer...”

As with last year's first run of the revamped show, the audience at home will be able to have their say via the official app on every aspect of the series including the ultimate winner who will take home the cash prize.

"This year the public will have an even bigger hand in making and breaking the villa couples," ITV have teased.

Changes this year include the Love Island villa itself which now features an outdoor gym that show bosses hope will be the perfect showcase for toned torsos and buff beach bodies. There's also going to be a newly re-designed Love Shack, where couples can escape for some one-on-one time.

Alongside Caroline, Love Island funny man, Iain Stirling, will also be back to add his dry musings on all the events taking place in the villa.

Producers are now on the look out for applicants who are looking for a summer of love and lust, with all budding Love Islanders invited to apply at itv.com/loveisland.

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/love-island/251536-confirmed-love-island-returns-itv2-summer-caroline-flack.html#ixzz4061tkc1F

I didn't really watch the first series but from what I saw it seemed quite... boring? :shrug: I don't know - good for ITV2 I guess.

Samm
13-02-2016, 11:10 PM
I found it boring as well but some people (Jason & Dan the only two people that probably watched it) said it was good so I'll try and perch this time

Jason.
13-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Perched for this! :clap1:

I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the first series last year. :whistle:

Denver
13-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Get those 50'000 viewers

Jason.
13-02-2016, 11:11 PM
I found it boring as well but some people (Jason & Dan the only two people that probably watched it) said it was good so I'll try and perch this time

nnn

Amy Jade
13-02-2016, 11:13 PM
I liked the last series, but they need to get a better cast, most of them were dull and the ones actually making the show interesting were chucked out way too soon.

Jason.
13-02-2016, 11:15 PM
I liked the last series, but they need to get a better cast, most of them were dull and the ones actually making the show interesting were chucked out way too soon.

A BB tea?

But yeah IA. I also think they should stop drip-feeding newbies in after every eviction. There were like 15 newcomers last year and most of them were deathly dull (Travis and Poppy icr) the only good ones were Naomi and Beth (for like a day).

Marsh.
13-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Tragic.

Headie
13-02-2016, 11:37 PM
I called this when I saw them offering tickets on ApplauseStore!

Really surprised it got recommissioned but also kinda glad because it was something to watch when there wasn't really much on.

I agree with people saying they need better casts and more diverse from different backgrounds.

Amy Jade
13-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Naomi :love:

Cal.
13-02-2016, 11:49 PM
A BB tea?

But yeah IA. I also think they should stop drip-feeding newbies in after every eviction. There were like 15 newcomers last year and most of them were deathly dull (Travis and Poppy icr) the only good ones were Naomi and Beth (for like a day).

No Bethany shade will be tolerated on my birthday of all days.

Black Dagger
14-02-2016, 12:26 AM
I literally only saw the launch and one episode where one bloke was having sex and he came in like 4 seconds.

So not the best endorsement.

Marsh.
14-02-2016, 12:29 AM
Tickets?

You mean people fly abroad to watch this stuff being filmed? :umm2:

Princess
14-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Tickets?

You mean people fly abroad to watch this stuff being filmed? :umm2:

I think they're mostly aimed at Brits who happen to be in the area on holiday.

But yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for this being back :D