PDA

View Full Version : How long does BB have left?

Babayaro.
24-02-2017, 01:10 PM
How much longer do you think civilian BB will run for?

Will Channel 5 drop it for good? Or will someone else pick it up and hopefully breathe some life into it?

Discuss!

LukeB
24-02-2017, 01:17 PM
When the contract ends next year tbh, i see them keeping CBB but if civilian is going so should CBB.

Maybe itvbe/itv2 will pick it up but i would prefer it end for good if they didn't renew it. past caring about the show so i wouldn't care if it goes off air for good.

Epic.
24-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Ch5's over-reliance on CBB could mean the end of BB, which scares me. Maybe the year 2020 since they might want to leave it when the show reaches it's 20th anniversary

Greg!
24-02-2017, 02:05 PM
They will probably renew it when the contract runs out next year because it's their highest rating show by far. After that, who knows how long it will last

BigBruddah17
24-02-2017, 03:04 PM
They'll renew it until 2020 and end civillian bb and keep cbb for a few more years but didn't someone from endemol say that they can't have bb without cbb and vice-versa?

BigBruddah17
24-02-2017, 03:07 PM
I can see C4 picking it up in 5-10 years though

Cal.
24-02-2017, 03:21 PM
3 years I think.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
24-02-2017, 03:21 PM
bleh they just need to schedule it better

4 weeks winter CBB
8 weeks summer BB
no summer CBB :nono:

if they did it like this i could see it lasting another 10+ years

Jason.
24-02-2017, 03:34 PM
I can see them renewing it again until 2020 when the current contract ends. But I hope that's the last time they do and it ends in 2020. Twenty years over two different channels is enough and my interest in BB has dwindled over the past two years so I wouldn't really care. I can't even see Emma still presenting it post-2020.

Also CBB's ratings aren't even that high anymore? They're even lower now than they were in the early C5 series where a January CBB would comfortably rate above 2.5m and a summer CBB above 2.1m (CBB18 and CBB19 rated lower). It peaked during CBB13/15 where it was averaging over 3m (close to 4m in some cases) but the past few series they've just fallen. CBB19 averaged 2.4m which is pretty awful for a January CBB when it was averaging 3.1m just two years ago. That's pretty much equivalent to CBB6's drop after CBB4/5 on C4.

Epic.
24-02-2017, 05:32 PM
I can see them renewing it again until 2020 when the current contract ends. But I hope that's the last time they do and it ends in 2020. Twenty years over two different channels is enough and my interest in BB has dwindled over the past two years so I wouldn't really care. I can't even see Emma still presenting it post-2020.

Also CBB's ratings aren't even that high anymore? They're even lower now than they were in the early C5 series where a January CBB would comfortably rate above 2.5m and a summer CBB above 2.1m (CBB18 and CBB19 rated lower). It peaked during CBB13/15 where it was averaging over 3m (close to 4m in some cases) but the past few series they've just fallen. CBB19 averaged 2.4m which is pretty awful for a January CBB when it was averaging 3.1m just two years ago. That's pretty much equivalent to CBB6's drop after CBB4/5 on C4.

I chalk this in an unbiased way completely down to CBB18 and Bear's effect on the series as a whole. During and after CBB18 airing, I saw so many Twitter and Facebook comments of people giving up on the show and not watching completely due to him which is probably why the rating figures went down. It's caused CBB to be stereotyped as a place purely for TOWIE/GS/EOTB wannabes. That or the fact CBB19 had very little when it came to big star names that would get people tuning in to see them.

reece(:
24-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Hopefully not long unless they get their act together, it's become a tedious repetitive mess.

Ant.
01-03-2017, 03:12 PM
I could certainly see it lasting until 2020, but after that? No. Personally I hope it ends in 2020 (ten years on C4, ten years on C5 just pleases me fsr). I'd still watch after 2020, but god knows what it'd be like then. I could see ITVBe picking it up if it is cancelled, because what other channel would? (besides maybe Sky, because I'm sure they were rumoured to take it)

I chalk this in an unbiased way completely down to CBB18 and Bear's effect on the series as a whole. During and after CBB18 airing, I saw so many Twitter and Facebook comments of people giving up on the show and not watching completely due to him which is probably why the rating figures went down. It's caused CBB to be stereotyped as a place purely for TOWIE/GS/EOTB wannabes. That or the fact CBB19 had very little when it came to big star names that would get people tuning in to see them.

^ This, I'd say it was due to bad circumstances these series ranked so low
While I've usually heard of a handful of celebs each CBB series, I knew none of the new stars last series (I knew of Kim but that was only through this site and she was a late entrants) Granted, there were less, but their fame was certainly lower than the likes of Perez Hilton and Katie Hopkins, and that would be a factor (because surely people would rather tune into how their favourite celeb performs in BB than celebrities they've never heard of, at least that's my logic)
CBB20 probably won't be much better (a lot of people weren't fond on the 'Gold Stars' aspect of CBB19) especially since it's a summer series, but with new, well known celebrities (well, CBB well-known) entering CBB21 I could see it picking up then. Also, according to Wikipedia, BB17 was the most viewed series since BB14 (granted only marginally better than BB15, but it definitely shows some slither of promise)

Mystic Mock
06-04-2017, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it went within the next couple of BB's and Ch5 just carry on CBB.

Firewire
06-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Normal series will end next year I think

CBB will continue twice a year for the foreseeable

JohnnyBB
06-04-2017, 04:29 PM
I'd say simply a year to 2 years at most.

Jay81
17-04-2017, 12:41 AM
What's the reason for so many thinking it's coming to an end in the next few years?

Jodie.
17-04-2017, 02:07 AM
Because the contact runs out in 2018, and the ratings for CBB19 were down

Daniel.
17-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Hopefully it's cancelled asap

thediaryroomchair
02-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Channel 5 are killing it off for me by making it a caricature of its former self with Marcus wailing 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 when housemates are evicted and housemates being selected from talent agencies. I thought the premise was to get housemates from auditions or tapes like in the earlier series on Channel 4.

Please Channel 4 buy it back!

zakman440
02-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Channel 5 will probably renew the contract for three more years but after that they'll be done with it. As for where it might go next, I wouldn't rule out Sky taking it on - they're still to find a big budget show since dropping Got to Dance, plus it helps that 21st Century Fox, who are currently bidding for full ownership of Sky, have joint ownership of Endemol's parent company.

Amy Jade
02-05-2017, 06:16 PM
I don't know why people want it to go so much, if you dislike it so much just stop watching?

I hope it continues - civvy BB can't cost that much?

Morgan.
02-05-2017, 06:46 PM
I hope it stays tbh

T*
02-05-2017, 07:48 PM
I don't know why people want it to go so much, if you dislike it so much just stop watching?

I hope it continues - civvy BB can't cost that much?

It's less of a dislike and more like seeing an old friend detioriate to a horrible state and you just want them put out of its misery

kingston
09-05-2017, 04:49 AM