PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want BB axed

Daniel.
12-05-2017, 01:17 PM
It's for best

It's no where near as good as it used to be

Denver
12-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Its the highest rated show they ever had and they just plowed millions into rebuilding the house last year its going nowhere for ages

TomC
12-05-2017, 01:21 PM
the new series hasn't even started. and BB17 was good. so idgi

Jordan.
12-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Just keep CBB

Nicky91
12-05-2017, 01:24 PM
no :fist:

T*
12-05-2017, 01:24 PM
BB either needs huge improvement (which is unlikely), or to be axed
it does need to be put out its misery tbh

T*
12-05-2017, 01:27 PM
lmao at people still making figures and facts up though

Denver
12-05-2017, 01:29 PM
lmao at people still making figures and facts up though

The amount that was built in a short space of time doesnt come for free you know

Drew.
12-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Last series was the best one we've had for years so nope

Greg!
12-05-2017, 01:40 PM
No

jennyjuniper
12-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Rather than axed, I would prefer another channel to take it on, because channel 5 has made a right balls up of what was once a great show.

LukeB
12-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Yes. There's no life to it. Bb17 was only good because it was on after two awful series and got lucky with the cast. I don't think we will get another great series. And with no live feeds/updates which means more manipulation etc.

Greg!
12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
If you don't like it then don't watch it as they say!

Denver
12-05-2017, 01:48 PM

https://media4.giphy.com/media/jErnybNlfE1lm/giphy.gif#22-grid1

joeysteele
12-05-2017, 01:55 PM
No, it is still a good project.

It's annoying how BB interfere too much now but it's still interesting to follow and see what happens.

Less really false and near manufactured showmances would really improve it too.
No for me however,I want it to go on and on.

TomC
12-05-2017, 01:58 PM
idg why people say 'bb17 only seemed good cos it came after 15 and 16.' like no. it's not difficult to compare all the series

Will.
12-05-2017, 01:59 PM
No

reece(:
12-05-2017, 02:01 PM
17 died after Nat

Cal.
12-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Nah. It's not the show it used to be but it's still something to watch

Denver
12-05-2017, 02:10 PM
17 died after Nat

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2ead3a3991ea11c782538a9ab7ef2df3/tumblr_onmeortEeA1uc6xbco3_400.gif

cosmic321
12-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Whats the point of this blog site even being on if everyone is saying to 'axe' bb, I dont see what is so bad about BB and apart from the ratings it looks good. BB17 was a good season and I think BB18 will be even better

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 02:55 PM
"Ploughed millions"

A LOL kk

Cherie
12-05-2017, 03:14 PM
It's for best

It's no where near as good as it used to be

You don't need to watch it? why do you want it axed if people are still interested?

Denver
12-05-2017, 03:16 PM
"Ploughed millions"

A LOL kk

So you tell how much it costs for

Planning permission
Designers
Material
Labour (which is 4 times the amount as normal because of the time scale)
Decorating
Furniture
More Cameras

It costs a lot of money

Denver
12-05-2017, 03:19 PM
"Ploughed millions"

A LOL kk

They also plough millions into each Celebrity series so nobody can say they dont care

Daniel-X
12-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Nah. It's not the show it used to be but it's still something to watch

hijaxers
12-05-2017, 04:33 PM

Trouble is there's sod all on all the other channels in summer !

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 04:38 PM
So you tell how much it costs for

Planning permission
Designers
Material
Labour (which is 4 times the amount as normal because of the time scale)
Decorating
Furniture
More Cameras

It costs a lot of money

They also plough millions into each Celebrity series so nobody can say they dont care

I'm still looking for the part where you convince me how that makes the show any good.

A high budget mess is still a bloody mess.

Denver
12-05-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm still looking for the part where you convince me how that makes the show any good.

My point i made was they wont axe it because of the money they put into it

T*
12-05-2017, 04:39 PM

this

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 04:40 PM
My point i made was they wont axe it because of the money they put into it

If it doesn't create any returns on those investments they will axe it.

Denver
12-05-2017, 04:41 PM

They knew the wouldnt make high returns but it brings them more money then any of their shows put together and thats why it is here to stay

LukeB
12-05-2017, 04:42 PM

This :joker:

People put money towards a business but if they don't make much they will close down. the same happens with TV shows, low ratings mean they are not getting much from it so they have to axe it.

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 04:44 PM
They knew the would make high returns but it brings them more money then any of their shows put together and thats why it is here to stay

High returns? That's a big overestimation.

It might be their biggest show. But C5's biggest show is still a small show overall.

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 04:46 PM
And if C5's spending on the show equates to such absolute catastrophes as the money wasted on Ray J then they won't be able to justify the expenditure for much longer.

Denver
12-05-2017, 04:47 PM
High returns? That's a big overestimation.

It might be their biggest show. But C5's biggest show is still a small show overall.

I meant wouldnt.

There is no way they will axe the only show that gets them millions of viewers when no other show gets above 1 million

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 04:53 PM
I meant wouldnt.

There is no way they will axe the only show that gets them millions of viewers when no other show gets above 1 million

Again, spending so much money on it means it's more likely they will. It doesn't matter what the viewing figures are if the budget outweighs the profit.

Calderyon
12-05-2017, 04:53 PM
BB17īs viewing average was 1.6 million. Thatīs hardly millions of viewers. Last CBB averaged 2.4 million.

Denver
12-05-2017, 04:56 PM
BB17īs viewing average was 1.6 million. Thatīs hardly millions of viewers.

add on catchup

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 05:01 PM
BB17īs viewing average was 1.6 million. Thatīs hardly millions of viewers. Last CBB averaged 2.4 million.

I'm sure that made the wasted six figures on Ray J easier to stomach for the accountant.

Babayaro.
12-05-2017, 05:03 PM
No

RichardG
12-05-2017, 05:27 PM
no

Reg_Holdsworth_Fan
12-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Frankly, I'd rather die than accept it being axed

Think about how it will affect C5
*Channel 5 will no longer have a flagship show, the only things they would broadcast will be those tedious documentaries about people on benefits, plastic surgery disasters, people in rehab and all those other crap TV shows that are not BB/CBB.
*Channel 5 would no longer make a profit without their most profitable, highest-rated show. It's like when a shop stops selling their most popular item, they will never do well without it.
*The ratings for Channel 5 will go down really quickly to around 100k and they will lose a lot of fans and viewers.

Marsh.
12-05-2017, 05:55 PM
*Channel 5 would no longer make a profit .

They'd no longer be throwing money down the drain either.

Channel 5 lasted 14 years without it.

And with Viacom over it now, they'd just draft in more reality shows that are probably a lot more current than the dinosaur that is BB.

zakman440
12-05-2017, 06:06 PM
By Channel 5, yes. I wouldn't want it off screen permanently though - let it rest for a bit then let another channel take it on (ie Sky/ITV).

Gstar
12-05-2017, 11:56 PM
It should of had a couple of years rest after channel 4. CBB is great but they're ruining the civilian series more each year

ebandit
13-05-2017, 07:00 PM
....i think of my spoilt dog..............'i hate it .............ya should not be allowed

to watch BB'...........................

i'm looking forward to summer BB.............sod! the dog

Mark L

waterhog
13-05-2017, 09:29 PM
I don't want to sound sad but I live for BB and CBB just love it.

kingston
13-05-2017, 10:16 PM
I'd love to see the show axed and reborn as a hybrid American/Canadaian format...

Here's what I'd like that to look like:

Each week the HM's will compete to be Head of Household... As in the American format this HM will be given the power to nominate two HM's for possible eviction... The HoH will also have the power later in the week to nullify (in private) one eviction vote...

The public will award a special power to the HM of their choice which is called The Golden Key... This HM will be granted safety from nomination and will nominate a third HM for possible eviction... Just like HoH this power cannot be awarded in consecutive weeks...

Unlike the American format only the three nominated HM's will compete for The Power of Veto... The winner of this competition will earn the power to veto their nomination... No replacement will be named in their place...

Once nominations have been finalized the public will be given a chance to cast a single vote to evict along side the remaining HM's... The HoH and the two nominees do not vote... In the event of a deadlocked vote the public vote is the tie-breaker... This is the only time the result of the vote will be revealed to the house...

The show would be stripped across 6 to 7 days a week and would include a daily companion show...

Jason.
13-05-2017, 10:33 PM
I'd love to see the show axed and reborn as a hybrid American/Canadaian format...

Each week the HM's will compete to be Head of Household... As in the American format this HM will be given the power to nominate two HM's for possible eviction... The HoH will also have the power later in the week to nullify (in private) one eviction vote...

The public will award a special power to the HM of their choice which is called The Golden Key... This HM will be granted safety from nomination and will nominate a third HM for possible eviction... Just like HoH this power cannot be awarded in consecutive weeks...

Unlike the American format only the three nominated HM's will compete for The Power of Veto... The winner of this competition will earn the power to veto their nomination... No replacement will be named in their place...

Once nominations have been finalized the public will be given a chance to cast a single vote to evict along side the remaining HM's... The HoH and the two nominees do not vote... In the event of a deadlocked vote the public vote is the tie-breaker... This is the only time the result of the vote will be revealed to the house...

The show would be stripped across 6 to 7 days a week and would include a daily companion show...

The MVP teas

BBUKAUSFAN
14-05-2017, 06:31 AM

That just sounds like a mess no thank you. :joker:

BBUKAUSFAN
14-05-2017, 06:34 AM
Does anyone want BB axed?

No i don' t want BB axed, if you don' t like the show or what its become turn your tv off and stop moaning other enjoy it for what it is.

Also if your all so anti BB why do you log on here and post i see no point if you are uninterested in the show it makes no sense go spend your time else where?

ebandit
14-05-2017, 07:34 AM
I don't want to sound sad but I live for BB and CBB just love it.

no need to apologise................for your 'sadness'...............

i still love BB

it's the haterz that should be saying...................soz

Mark L

thediaryroomchair
14-05-2017, 09:33 AM
No I do not want it to be axed I just feel it has become a caricature of what it used to be.

I cringe at the overenthusiastic bellowing from Marcus Bentley, the selection of housemates from "members of the public" when they select them from agencies.

It goes against the very premise of the Channel 4 era when members of the public would submit audition tapes or queue in later series in order to become housemates.

I would like a return to the Channel 4 era with more creative, innovative tasks perhaps the return of the live task on a Saturday night, the vegetable patch and chickens which would bring the people in the house together.

We, the viewing public tire of constant conflict and it would be nice to see a bit of humour and irreverence for once like we had with Brian in Big Brother 2. Now, everyone is either fake or a player.

SteveG2688
14-05-2017, 12:54 PM
I dont want it axed but it needs major improvement, they need to start putting NORMAL people off the street back in instead of z-listers or former reality tv stars. I hated BB-17 and i personally think it was one of the worst series, it didnt help that it was such a short series either and i hope this years is longer. The show has been pretty bad the last 3 years tbh and for me its because of the people they are putting in there. Always the same type of people every year and its boring.

Josy
15-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Whats the point of this blog site even being on if everyone is saying to 'axe' bb, I dont see what is so bad about BB and apart from the ratings it looks good. BB17 was a good season and I think BB18 will be even better

True fans don't want the show axed, at most we want it to go back to where it was.

Tbh though BB is the way it is now because of a certain section of the fans, the ones that watch Americanised shows want to see nonstop drama, fighting and constant bad feeling in the house and because they moan that it's boring etc then that's why the producers are constantly meddling instead of allowing drama and arguments to happen naturally , that's not the way BB UK was ever meant to be, then theres the Ofcom brigade that complain for the most stupid reasons, like OMFG HE FORGOT TO PUT THE LID ON THE MILK I'M CALLING OFCOM!! those fans have ruined the raw social experiment side of the show.

Nicky91
15-05-2017, 08:03 AM
no, i like BB, and on season here on tibb is really lovely :)

kingston
15-05-2017, 07:40 PM
That just sounds like a mess no thank you. :joker:

What are you talking about? It's essentially the same format BBUS 15 used with a few minor adjustments... There is nothing that is overly or unnecessarily complicated about it...

Glenn-C
15-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Not axed exactly, but I think it does need a revamp

Glenn.
15-05-2017, 08:36 PM
If it can't be revamped then yeah.

Gusto Brunt
16-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Err...No. :p