PDA

View Full Version : Is Deborah a bad role model too?

Nancy.
28-06-2017, 04:43 PM
I've been reading comments from people over the past few days who have branded Lotan a misogynist and a bad role model to his child and i've been left flabbergasted and wondered why is it's fine for women to be threatening towards men and call them dickheads etc, but they can't respond in a similar manner without being branded as a misogynist?

Lotan has been branded a mysogynist and a bad role model to his Son, but the same people seem to have conveniently forgotten that Deborah is also a parent and yet nothing's been said about her. We've seen her shout and scream and even charge at others during a heated argument. So what example is she setting to her child? Do you consider that a good role model? Why are we not hearing any cries from people in an uproar over her behaviour the same way they did with Lotan?

Lotan is apparently a mysogist, so does that mean we're entitled to call her a bad role model and a misandrist for shouting and screaming at others? It seems people have one set of rules for housemates they like and another set for one's they don't. It's pathetic.

reece(:
28-06-2017, 04:43 PM
She's a good role model for showing protection of her sister.

lewis111
28-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Everyone shouts
Not everyone is sexist and threatens to attack people multiple times

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
28-06-2017, 04:48 PM
tldr but no, she's angelic :love:

LeatherTrumpet
28-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Great post. I have found both sisters to be the worst type of housemate and the chip on both their shoulders is a sight to see. Wicked tempers and furtive.

Dreadful pair.

MB.
28-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Why should anyone on BB be a role model unless they claim to be one (as Lotan did)?

Mystic Mock
28-06-2017, 04:51 PM
I get what you're saying, but Deborah has done one bad moment that's considered a bad example to set for her child or children (I don't know how many she has) but Lotan has repeatedly gone for a girl's looks and intelligence on national TV, in particular no girl likes their looks being attacked.

parmnion
28-06-2017, 04:52 PM
This.must be a baiting post cauae that hm is my favourite.:joker:

Greg!
28-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Debbie's love for her sister is inspirational and she's a lovely person and doesn't degrade people for no reason unlike SOME. And yes she got a bit heated in the argument but she was provoked after an imbecile chucked a bottle about.

rusticgal
28-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Deborah has really only had the one bad moment which she regretted and regretted because she has a daughter. She has also calmed her sister down many times...if it wasn't for Deborah tbf..Hannah would have been kicked out.

Vicky.
28-06-2017, 04:54 PM
90% of the house are bad role models tbh. People don't censor themselves on BB like you have to when you are around your kid. Plus the house is just a pressure cooker and makes people behave in ways they wouldn't usually on the outside. I would hope that any kids young enough to be influenced by their parents acting the fool on a reality TV show weren't actually allowed to watch the show to begin with

Nancy.
28-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Everyone shouts
Not everyone is sexist and threatens to attack people multiple times

I never said they were and that still doesn't excuse her threatening behaviour. :shrug: and You still haven't answered my question. I asked why is it ok for certain women to call men dickeads etc but they can't respond in a similar fashion without being branded a mysogynist?

LeatherTrumpet
28-06-2017, 04:56 PM
What even is a role model. It's a load of bollocks.

Kazanne
28-06-2017, 04:58 PM
I've been reading comments from people over the past few days who have branded Lotan a misogynist and a bad role model to his child and i've been left flabbergasted and wondered why is it's fine for women to be threatening towards men and call them dickheads etc, but they can't respond in a similar manner without being branded as a misogynist?

Lotan has been branded a mysogynist and a bad role model to his Son, but the same people seem to have conveniently forgotten that Deborah is also a parent and yet nothing's been said about her. We've seen her shout and scream and even charge at others during a heated argument. So what example is she setting to her child? Do you consider that a good role model? Why are we not hearing any cries from people in an uproar over her behaviour the same way they did with Lotan?

Lotan is apparently a mysogist, so does that mean we're entitled to call her a bad role model and a misandrist for shouting and screaming at others? It seems people have one set of rules for housemates they like and another set for one's they don't. It's pathetic.

Terrible role model aggressive and wagging fingers in peoples faces,I mean what would her kid think :dance:

Greg!
28-06-2017, 05:01 PM
tldr but no, she's angelic :love:

Confirmed

Greg!
28-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Terrible role model aggressive and wagging fingers in peoples faces,I mean what would her kid think :dance:

Her kid must think wow I love my mum for standing up to aggressive sexist bullies.

Nancy.
28-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Her kid must think wow I love my mum for standing up to aggressive sexist bullies.

Yeah, and shouting and screeching in people's faces and charging at others. Great job, Mom. :dance:

reece(:
28-06-2017, 05:04 PM
A true oppressed icon

Withano
28-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Theres no evidence to suggest that Deb is a tenth of the prick that Lotan is so its an odd compaison.

Mystic Mock
28-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Deborah along with Raph are the only two that I think I could talk to without going insane if I was living in the house.

Nancy.
28-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Deborah along with Raph are the only two that I think I could talk to without going insane if I was living in the house.

I think Raph's a bit of a sh!t, tbh. Always running back and forth telling tales. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Headie
28-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Aliyah has a wonderful mother for a role model :love:

Mullens123
28-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Considering the background and lifestyle Deborah would've had Id say she's an excellent role model to her kids and others growing up in her situation.

Shaun
28-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Deborah has really only had the one bad moment which she regretted and regretted because she has a daughter. She has also calmed her sister down many times...if it wasn't for Deborah tbf..Hannah would have been kicked out.

Agreed. If her behaviour with (I want to say "controlling" but it's not controlling lol but you know what I mean) Hannah is anything to go by then I'd have a lot of respect for her as a member of my family. She clearly cares, has morals, and shows signs of understanding when she has behaved wrongly. All I could really say against her is that she talks **** about a lot of the other housemates but hey, if it smells like it...

parmnion
28-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Considering the background and lifestyle Deborah would've had Id say she's an excellent role model to her kids and others growing up in her situation.

:joker:

Amy Jade
28-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Yes Deborah is an amazing role model to her kids, she is loyal, intelligent and just a really kind person.

The only fault she ever made she regretted and said sorry for.

Lotan is scum, he bullied a young girl and after he was told how vile he had been he still wasn't sorry. Awful role model to his son.

armand.kay
28-06-2017, 06:28 PM
I never said they were and that still doesn't excuse her threatening behaviour. :shrug: and You still haven't answered my question. I asked why is it ok for certain women to call men dickeads etc but they can't respond in a similar fashion without being branded a mysogynist?

Behaviour that she regretted almost immediately, she acted in the heat of the moment. I think a good role model isn't someone who's perfect but someone who can own up to their mistakes and apologise, Deborah did this :clap1:

armand.kay
28-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Lotan is scum, he bullied a young girl and after he was told how vile he had been he still wasn't sorry. Awful role model to his son.

This lol. how someone could be called into the DR told the vile things he said and about his aggressive behaviour only to sit there and try and defend it. What a mess.