PDA

View Full Version : Love Island

Locke.
19-08-2017, 12:07 AM
Now that nobody cares about BB anymore (confirmed by the public switching off in droves) does anyone think it's time that we have multiple seasons of Love Island each year? That show is a huge success, they could air the summer season on ITV and put a winter one on ITV2 (film it in somewhere like Hawaii). Guaranteed ratings success for the 2 ITV channels and the public would love it. It would really fill the gap for most posters on here too after BB gets cancelled in a couple of weeks. Thoughts?

MB.
19-08-2017, 12:10 AM
I think they're probably a bit worried that, as much as they want to take advantage of its success, people will see two series a year as overkill and it won't have the same kind of sustained popularity over a long period of time (I can definitely see a shorter celeb version at some point in the future though, possibly scheduled directly against CBB)

That and they probably want to give this year's crop as long in the spotlight as possible

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:11 AM
Honestly is there no separate love island forum on here? If not please create one for Locke because he brings it into every thread.

MB.
19-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Honestly is there no love island thread on here? If not please create one for Locke because he brings it into every thread.

...yes, there's a thread with over 250 pages here (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282362)

Jase.
19-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Keep it xo

MB.
19-08-2017, 12:14 AM
(oh, I see you've edited it to forum. Still, it serves the same purpose)

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:14 AM
...yes, there's a thread with over 250 pages here (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282362)

Well this thread should be posted in there then. This is big brother.

Locke.
19-08-2017, 12:16 AM
I think they're probably a bit worried that, as much as they want to take advantage of its success, people will see two series a year as overkill and it won't have the same kind of sustained popularity over a long period of time (I can definitely see a shorter celeb version at some point in the future though, possibly scheduled directly against CBB)

That and they probably want to give this year's crop as long in the spotlight as possible

An excellent idea this MB if BB is somehow not cancelled in a couple of weeks they should stick a Celeb Love Island on against the next series of CBB and teach this show a lesson.

Honestly is there no separate love island forum on here? If not please create one for Locke because he brings it into every thread.

Give it a rest will you, just trying to talk about the UK's #1 reality show. Not every comment about Love Island has to be kept in 1 thread, the people in this section want to read about it too

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:18 AM
An excellent idea this MB if BB is somehow not cancelled in a couple of weeks they should stick a Celeb Love Island on against the next series of CBB and teach this show a lesson.

Give it a rest will you, just trying to talk about the UK's #1 reality show. Not every comment about Love Island has to be kept in 1 thread, the people in this section want to read about it too

You literally talk about love island in every thread though lol I know you have a semi over it but this is about big brother not love island....just off to bang my head against the wall.

Locke.
19-08-2017, 12:19 AM
You literally talk about love island in every thread though lol I know you have a semi over it but this is about big brother not love island....just off to bang my head against the wall.

Once you are done banging your head against the wall I suggest you give this article a read http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/seven-reasons-why-clever-people-like-love-island/

Drew.
19-08-2017, 12:20 AM
A summer and winter version would be perfect. Two completely different settings for people to get to know each other. Pretty much every challenge and date etc would be different because of the weather/location as well. The only reason CBB gets boring quickly is because its too repetitive, theres no change, same setting, same tasks, same old same old.

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:22 AM
Once you are done banging your head against the wall I suggest you give this article a read http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/seven-reasons-why-clever-people-like-love-island/

That's the worst article ive ever seen! Big brother gets Ofcom complaints around the clock for simple comments yet the love island crew get away with actually having sex on TV....this article is troubling.

Locke.
19-08-2017, 12:24 AM
A summer and winter version would be perfect. Two completely different settings for people to get to know each other. Pretty much every challenge and date etc would be different because of the weather/location as well. The only reason CBB gets boring quickly is because its too repetitive, theres no change, same setting, same tasks, same old same old.

Very true Drew, just don't know how pontyboi doesn't see it when it's all right there in front of his eyes.

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Very true Drew, just don't know how pontyboi doesn't see it when it's all right there in front of his eyes.

Because it's like you're advertising love island lol good for you if you're a fan but it's a bit pathetic to promote it to everyone plus against forum rules so can we get this bs removed from the bb forum?

Locke.
19-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Because it's like you're advertising love island lol good for you if you're a fan but it's a bit pathetic to promote it to everyone plus against forum rules so can we get this bs removed from the bb forum?

I don't need to promote it it's already much more successful than BB, and this thread is also about Big Brother, it belongs in this section ponts

Jason.
19-08-2017, 12:28 AM
I'd prefer they keep it the way it is with just one series of LI every year in the summer. One of my least-favorite things about BB nowadays is having three series per year, two of which are back to back. It's complete overkill and all it does is overstale the format. Less is more.

I've always thought they should axe the summer series of BB and keep January CBB (as it's the only thing left with some life in it) and LI can air in the summer without clashing with BB.

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:29 AM
I don't need to promote it it's already much more successful than BB, and this thread is also about Big Brother, it belongs in this section ponts

But viewers aren't switching off in droves it's on parr if not beating cbb16.

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:31 AM
I'd prefer they keep it the way it is with just one series of LI every year in the summer. One of my least-favorite things about BB nowadays is having three series per year, two of which are back to back. It's complete overkill and all it does is overstale the format. Less is more.

I've always thought they should axe the summer series of BB and keep January CBB (as it's the only thing left with some life in it) and LI can air in the summer without clashing with BB.

Agree I think every forum member feels the same it's overkill

Locke.
19-08-2017, 12:31 AM
But viewers aren't switching off in droves it's on parr if not beating cbb16.

The regular series had about 10 viewers when it was up against Love Island. And despite being on a terrestrial channel CBB is still getting less viewers than Love Island gets on ITV2. Anyway ponts, I'm off to start The Defenders, I suggest you spend tomorrow catching up on past seasons of Love Island so you're used to how it works for the next season.

pontyboi
19-08-2017, 12:35 AM
The regular series had about 10 viewers when it was up against Love Island. And despite being on a terrestrial channel CBB is still getting less viewers than Love Island gets on ITV2. Anyway ponts, I'm off to start The Defenders, I suggest you spend tomorrow catching up on past seasons of Love Island so you're used to how it works for the next season.

This is the cbb forum and both shows have had ratings over 2 million noones denying that.....it's not a competition.

supertv247
19-08-2017, 12:42 AM
People are turning off BB in their droves because of over exposure, so no, Love Island definately shouldn't do that

thisisdanny
19-08-2017, 12:49 AM
Nope, a winter love island would be overkill (much like CBB) which C5 have not realised yet.

Locke.
19-08-2017, 08:23 PM
This is the cbb forum and both shows have had ratings over 2 million noones denying that.....it's not a competition.

If CBB and Love Island were on at the same time (without Danan) then CBB would get similar ratings to the main show.... FACT

Jase.
19-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Harping on about LI still? It's so last month :joker:

Paula D
19-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Such bitterness cause your hero was evicted. Pathetic.

Barry.
19-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Such bitterness cause your hero was evicted. Pathetic.

I'm getting that too. Paul going won't do anything to the ratings.

HBIC
19-08-2017, 09:37 PM
They should do a gay version of Love Island to air in the winter. I think a lot of people would watch it.

millyrose
20-08-2017, 07:48 AM
I still enjoy BB and think a lot of people still do but do understand that some are getting bored with it.