PDA

View Full Version : Marcel claims that Love Island interactions were scripted/manufactured by producers

Headie
22-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Marcel Somerville has accused Love Island of setting up all those mentions of Blazin Squad.

Following the end of this summer's series, Marcel has claimed that he didn't plan on speaking about his time in the boy band at every opportunity.

"I'm going to be honest, every time I said it, it was because the producers asked me to say it," he told OK! magazine.

The singer explained: "They'd be like, 'Have a conversation with Olivia and could you just let her know you used to be in Blazin' Squad?'

"They got me on the show for that reason, so I had to go along with it.

"I don't mind because it's a bit of fun and it got a lot of love.

"But I only said it five times."

It's not the first time that Love Island has been accused of being fake and scripted.

Chris Hughes' mum Val Hughes previously appeared on ITV's This Morning to make a similar claim while the show was still on air.

She was speaking to hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield alongside other mums of the Islanders about their children on the show.

Discussing her son's actions, Val explained: "What you're seeing now is the real Chris. He's funny, he's very loyal, caring and he's quite endearing in his own way. When he first went in and he sat there saying, 'All the girls fancy me', that's not Chris."

She added: "It makes you wonder if some of it is sort of scripted for them because that, to us, wasn't our Chris."

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/love-island/327278-love-island-accused-setting-conversations-former-islander.html

:skull:

RileyH
22-08-2017, 11:19 PM
oh ffs :skull:

AProducer'sWetDream
22-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Will the LI viewers mind that much though? People probably don't expect 100% unscripted reality with that sort of show. Personally, I'm not that shocked.

Denver
22-08-2017, 11:35 PM
CH5 is shook T'core

Oaker
22-08-2017, 11:37 PM
This has been known for a while I think. I remember some people from Series 1 saying it was scripted :skull:.

Jason.
22-08-2017, 11:40 PM
This doesn't really surprise me. You can tell that some of the interactions are led by the producers, like when the Islanders go on dates, they're obviously told what to talk about or whenever all the men are in one part of the villa talking and the women in another, I doubt they do that intentionally. :laugh:

Jack_
22-08-2017, 11:45 PM
I mean it's disappointing but if they're just given pointers like this in the Beach Hut (a la BBUS) then I don't really mind

The thing I really have a problem with is those rumours of producers/minders just wandering around the villa during the day, the set up conversations where they all coincidentally go off into their couples, and more than anything else...those cringey as **** parties where they get them to dance and then look into the camera :umm2: just STOP

Withano
23-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Obviously! How is this news!

Cal.
23-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Mess I thought they made them sign contracts after most of series 1's cast exposed them.

Cal.
23-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Series 2's very clearly ran out after a year because then Kady and Cara were selling stories about what happens behind the scenes.

LeatherTrumpet
23-08-2017, 08:16 PM
WHAT

:omgno:

BBUK-Fan
23-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Yet fans still prefer it to Big Brother

Nicky91
24-08-2017, 01:05 PM
:skull: mess