PDA

View Full Version : Would Love Island be able to Reach BB3, BB5, BB6 and BB7 Ratings?

Tony Montana
03-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Last years series was the Unexpected Big Success in the Ratings Department, with the Whole Country Hooked and Media Coverage/Obsession at an all time Peak in the last decade. It reminded me soo much of BB3 and the Golden Era Effect it had on the Nation. Love Island Series 3 Averaged 2.52 Million

With soo much Hype and Buzz, This Years is certain to Surpass it Ratings wise, With a Highly Likely chance of Doubling up from last year.

My Question is do you think it will be able to Match BB3 or The Golden Trinity?

BB3 and BB5 were watched by 5.8 and 5.1 Million while BB6 and BB7 got 4.6 and 4.7 Million Respectively. I can see this Series of LI Rating at least 4 Million.

if this series is another Ratings success (Which it's looking like it at the moment) and it's renewed for another series next year, I can see it getting 5 Million.

Anyway i'm interested to hear your Opinions. Is there any truth in my Post or am i just looking into things and Getting caught up in the Hype?

Baby Jane
03-06-2018, 11:35 AM
I'd be surprised if this year's Love Island topped 3 million, let alone 5

Tony Montana
03-06-2018, 11:43 AM
I'd be surprised if this year's Love Island topped 3 million, let alone 5

You never Know tho, With soo much Hype the show has anything is Possible

DouglasS
03-06-2018, 11:49 AM
It's a different time in television... Less people watch TV. Things rate now FAR LESS than they did 12 or so years ago. In 2004 Coronation street could hit 16M viewers, now it hits half that with around 7M. Eastenders was averaging at 12M, now it averages at 6M. It is not comparable to compare television ratings 12 years ago. Love Island is doing just as well as BB did during the BB5-BB7 times, and its not even on one of the main 5 channels and so in a way its kind of doing better imo.

If Love Island hits 3Million that is the equivalent of the kind of ratings BB5-BB7 used to it in its time, and yes I do believe it is doing that and it does have the same hype.

And so to answer your question scarface, I think it already has reached the ratings level of BB5-BB7, it's just a different generation where so many people now watch through streaming, online, itv player, recorded versions etc that it is impossible for it to correlate to the 5-6M in actual viewing figures [as is shown by almost all channels and shows having decreased by almost half their viewers over the past 12 years].

Jason.
03-06-2018, 11:55 AM
No.

For starters, those series of BB aired during a completely different TV era. Even shows like Eastenders and Corrie used to comfortably rate around 15m back then.

Plus I think the show's already peaked ratings-wise tbh.

Jason.
03-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Or what Douglas said.

Eddie.
03-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Not many people watch television compared to 16 years ago, the highest I can see LI ever pulling is 4 million.

I’m predicting BB9 ratings (3.6 mil.), if the public receives it well.

Though looking at the cast, the bunch were quite uninteresting, and I think it would pull a BB4 and average 1.8 to 2 million, idk?

Maxxie.
03-06-2018, 01:29 PM
I thought official ratings counted catch up/recordings and stuff anyway?

Gstar
03-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Either way it's going to rate higher than BB and whether it's watched by 10M or 1M it has a **** load of interest and advertising