PDA

View Full Version : Ive never watched civilian love island is it worth a go?

pontyboi
04-06-2018, 05:46 PM
It all seems to be everything I hate about reality shows like everyone's good looking, showmances are the top agenda and there doesn't seem to be a good age mix or cultural mix I mean in 4 series it appears there has been 1 black contestant lol.

BUT I need my reality TV fix and seeing as the king of reality aka big brother is taking some time out im tempted to tune in tonight but is it worth commiting to 8 weeks?

Ive seen clips from last year which for some reason was hailed as amazing though to me it looked extremly boring with not much depth to it.

Not being an avid viewer of the show I can now see why more people tune into CBB rather than the civilian version as celeb love island is coming back I would defo watch that over this.

RileyH
04-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Yaaas :clap1:

Tony Montana
04-06-2018, 05:51 PM
it's really, really good. Just a Guilty Pleasure Show.

Start from series 1.

TomC
04-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I think it's vacuous from a distance too, but it's actually extremely watchable.

The only thing that bothers me about it is how it's so Herero/cis

Jack_
04-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Yes. It's been better than Big Brother most years (apart from maybe 2016)

1) It's so much more than just showmances. I know that sounds antithetical to the title but until you watch it you won't understand why
2) The casts (up until now at least) are made up of what BBUK used to have - relatively "regular" people
3) It basically does what Big Brother at its best does, better than BB itself? Especially in terms of editing/casting
4) It doesn't take itself seriously, and the narration/presentation in particular is self-deprecating. The show knows it's trashy and embraces it
5) The hype this year reminds me of the golden era of BBUK

I didn't expect to like it when I first watched it, and then I did. People who slag the show off having never watched it quite literally don't know what they're talking about

Cal.
04-06-2018, 06:19 PM
It’s basically Big Brother lol.

Cal.
04-06-2018, 06:19 PM
So watch it’s really good.

Mystic Mock
04-06-2018, 06:23 PM
If you don't like Showmances then I wouldn't watch it as it's in the title of the show on what it's about.

If you do like Showmances or can tolerate it then give it a shot.

Daniel-X
04-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Just give it a try. Even if it isn’t you it’s definitely worth giving it a shot, I guarantee as well you’ll get involved within the series after a matter of days.

Alf
04-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Don't do it! it'll rot your mind.

Don't let the lights pull you in.

pontyboi
04-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Ok ive decided im gonna give it a go.

I'm not quite pathetically excited as I am for a bb launch so no beers or snacks or a tena lady in sight but **** it.

I'll let you all know what I think.

reece(:
04-06-2018, 07:37 PM
2) The casts (up until now at least) are made up of what BBUK used to have - relatively "regular" people

Sis they're all hotties/mactors

Jack_
04-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Sis they're all hotties/mactors

Okay I forgot to qualify that they're (mostly) stereotypically attractive, but what I meant was they aren't z-listers that have done reality TV before

A lot of them have relatively normal jobs (like working in a shoe shop, or a doctor), which is a far cry from what we get on BB these days

pontyboi
04-06-2018, 08:24 PM
Okay I forgot to qualify that they're (mostly) stereotypically attractive, but what I meant was they aren't z-listers that have done reality TV before

A lot of them have relatively normal jobs (like working in a shoe shop, or a doctor), which is a far cry from what we get on BB these days

Hmm im not so sure so far I think if we look into this cast we will defo find most of them are members of modelling and extra companies.

Not feeling excited by the participants so far they all seem very alike.

It doesn't have the buzz of a bb launch either but I'm sticking with it it's only been 23 minutes maybe after a few days they will reveal themselves more and this is just them saying what they think the producers want right now.

This would have been way better if itv2 pulled out a live launch and kept the participants a secret.

pontyboi
04-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Episode one done and sorry but the whole start with the contestants actually acting better than the cast of any soap on tv put me off from the start then they threw in some crap twist at the end and left it on a equally crap cliffhanger.

I'll give it a few more days but can't see the appeal to this rip off of every reality show out there...you can add a cheeky happy voice over guy to make it tongue in cheek but it's still a very bad mix of crap reality TV thats already been done a million times.

Eddie.
05-06-2018, 01:34 AM
I also just started, currently on Episode 2 and trust me, it gets better ;)

Black Dagger
05-06-2018, 05:40 AM
No