PDA

View Full Version : I don’t get people being snobby about the fans watching BB

Cherie
16-06-2018, 03:33 PM
When LI exists

The narrator is the only good thing about it

The conversation is mainly ..I want to get to know you or I fancy you, the tasks are just dates and the kissing in bed is toe curling

How is it that people don’t mind admitting they watch it :omgno: but get all snooty about BB

Nicky91
16-06-2018, 03:34 PM
yeah true, they don't like it on BB but yet they do like it on LI

bit weird

RileyH
16-06-2018, 03:34 PM
The conversation is mainly ..I want to get to know you or I fancy you

Justice for the political chats

Cherie
16-06-2018, 03:36 PM
Justice for the political chats

Cutting down cheese :hee:

armand.kay
16-06-2018, 03:42 PM
I don't think people are even snobby about big brother anymore because most people either don't know that it still airs or barely pay it any mind when its on.

armand.kay
16-06-2018, 03:43 PM
I can't tell you the last time I've heard about anyone speak about civilian big brother in real life..

parmnion
16-06-2018, 03:44 PM
True cherie...ive had to hide my love of bb since bb6...when it became uncool to watch it...love island will go the same way as its original viewers age.

Greg!
16-06-2018, 03:46 PM
I don't think people are even snobby about big brother anymore because most people either don't know that it still airs or barely pay it any mind when its on.

I only speak to 3 people in real life that watch big brother and that watch big brother and they're all gays. It's OTT to say that nobody knows its on anymore tho

Vanessa
16-06-2018, 03:49 PM
I'm watching it, because there's no big brother yet. But i do actually quite like it. The narrator is hilarious :joker:

Kazanne
16-06-2018, 03:54 PM
My nephews take the piss out of me something chronic when BB is on and call me sad,lol, I don't like it as much as I used to because of the reality Z listers etc,it has spoilt it, you know before anyone goes in what sort of people will enter,I prefer the good old days of Jo Bloggs from down the street, but it is what it is,but don't think I'de miss it now if it finished.

Vanessa
16-06-2018, 03:57 PM
My nephews take the piss out of me something chronic when BB is on and call me sad,lol, I don't like it as much as I used to because of the reality Z listers etc,it has spoilt it, you know before anyone goes in what sort of people will enter,I prefer the good old days of Jo Bloggs from down the street, but it is what it is,but don't think I'de miss it now if it finished.

These days I prefer cbb. They put more effort into it.

parmnion
16-06-2018, 04:00 PM

:nono::joker:

Imo...cbb was the ruin of bb

armand.kay
16-06-2018, 04:00 PM
I only speak to 3 people in real life that watch big brother and that watch big brother and they're all gays. It's OTT to say that nobody knows its on anymore tho

Not really, I don't know about you but most people I speak to now think of cbb as BB and just don't think about the civilian one at all. A lot of times when i tell people to watch the 'normal one' they're kind of gagged that its still on.

armand.kay
16-06-2018, 04:03 PM

Unpopular opinion but cbb most of the times is trash. I can't put my finger on what it is but I rarely can make it past week 2, whereas 8 week of civilian big brother is no trouble at all for me.

parmnion
16-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Unpopular opinion but cbb most of the times is trash. I can't put my finger on what it is but I rarely can make it past week 2, whereas 8 week of civilian big brother is no trouble at all for me.

:cheer:

Jordan.
16-06-2018, 04:10 PM
LI is a fad and the "popular" thing to watch right now, where as BB is dated and not relevant so people dismiss it.

Marsh.
16-06-2018, 04:20 PM
:nono::joker:

Imo...cbb was the ruin of bb

CBB began 8 months after the first BB.

MTVN
16-06-2018, 05:53 PM
One of my reasons for disliking it tbh, BB pretty much revolutionised reality tv but is now sneered at as being trash while Love Island is talked up as a great phenomenon

armand.kay
16-06-2018, 06:05 PM
One of my reasons for disliking it tbh, BB pretty much revolutionised reality tv but is now sneered at as being trash while Love Island is talked up as a great phenomenon

Are you implying that love island isn't also seen as trash tv? It literally gets so much hate... Its just that love island is more relevant now so the criticisms doesn't pack as much of a punch.

parmnion
16-06-2018, 06:22 PM
CBB began 8 months after the first BB.

A one off charity event was it not?

Or was bez the year after?

Mystic Mock
16-06-2018, 06:25 PM

This.

Gstar
16-06-2018, 06:48 PM

PG tips. Two sugars

Marsh.
16-06-2018, 06:53 PM
A one off charity event was it not?

Or was bez the year after?

One-off?

Certainly not.

The show involved some kind of charity to it right up until CBB6, if not the entire of its run on channel 4.

Rob!
16-06-2018, 07:03 PM
I will NEVER understand the appeal of Love Island over BB. It’s the most nauseating, vapid and mind numbing type of programme that promotes the idea of looks being above anything else like actual talent.

montblanc
16-06-2018, 07:05 PM
The conversation is mainly ..I want to get to know you or I fancy you, the tasks are just dates and the kissing in bed is toe curling
I will NEVER understand the appeal of Love Island over BB. It’s the most nauseating, vapid and mind numbing type of programme that promotes the idea of looks being above anything else like actual talent.

drag it! :clap1:

armand.kay
16-06-2018, 07:06 PM

what actual talent is involved in being a big brother housemate? wasn't big brother one of the first shows to shot rocket people with no talent into the celeb world?

montblanc
16-06-2018, 07:06 PM
i casually watch love island but i'd never prefer it to BB

Rob!
16-06-2018, 07:08 PM
what actual talent is involved in being a big brother housemate? wasn't big brother one of the first shows to shot rocket people with no talent into the celeb world?

Well at least you’re allowed to be fat, gay or disabled in BB :shrug:

Barry.
16-06-2018, 07:10 PM
drag it! :clap1:

Don't you like LI Mont?

parmnion
16-06-2018, 07:22 PM

God help you when you read tibb on exit though
:bawling:

armand.kay
16-06-2018, 07:30 PM

Ok but that doesn't answer my point.... I never said love island was perfect and I in no way prefer it to big brother, i was just pointing out that a lot of not most of the criticism being thrown at love island could just as easily be thrown at big brother. Some people on here seem to be on a real high horse about not watching Love Island, when at the end of the day big brother isn't exactly highbrow tv either...

LukeB
16-06-2018, 07:33 PM

Exactly, what talent did Brian D,Nikki,Jade Goody and Josie have?

parmnion
16-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Ok but that doesn't answer my point.... I never said love island was perfect and I in no way prefer it to big brother, i was just pointing out that a lot of not most of the criticism being thrown at love island could just as easily be thrown at big brother. Some people on here seem to be on a real high horse about not watching Love Island, when at the end of the day big brother isn't exactly highbrow tv either...

Shabazz had impressively high brows

rusticgal
16-06-2018, 10:37 PM
I watch both LI and BB...I just love people watching and how they interact. BB has more diversity but I preferred it when it had just your normal Joe Public on there from all walks of life...LI has Dani Dyer on there this year who earlier this year appeared on Survival of the fittest, even though she had to leave. The fact that She is Danny Dyers daughter makes her an attraction for all the wrong reasons..so I see LI going the same way in giving Z listers the opportunity above 'unknowns' like BB has done.
It doesn't stop me watching but I think it's a shame they do this.

bitontheslide
16-06-2018, 11:07 PM
ive never watched LI and i don't intend to start now.

montblanc
17-06-2018, 02:57 AM
Don't you like LI Mont?

yeah but i find the hype around it annoying (i don't even watch every day) :shrug:

plus i agree with most of the criticisms surrounding the show that people who don't watch/like it have

montblanc
17-06-2018, 02:58 AM
if they were to axe it i wouldn't be bothered tbh :skull:

Nicky91
17-06-2018, 06:57 AM
i also just watch LI a few times for fun

Strictly Jake
17-06-2018, 07:11 AM
Well I have done it from the other perspective I was snobby about love island in the first two series and refused to watch it, I watched big brother but I thought love island will just be another ex on the beach type programme(which I loved the first few series and then stopped watching as it became rather tedious and annoying) I had a feeling love island would just be a lot of good looking people in a villa hooking up and doing the deed so I got the impression big brother was more superior, in the fact there was a point to it with evictions nominations tasks etc and a good mix of a cast(sadly doesn't look like the case anymore)

But that snobbiness against love island finished when I decided to give love island series 3 a chance as there was so much conversation going on about the first two series and I instantly fell in love with it. It doesn't beat big brother for me but it's certainly something I enjoy watching

But my mum and dad are now watching love island they are in their late 50s and absolutely love it and always talking to me about it which is slightly uncomfortable and cringe for me! But they are definitely snobs about big brother and call it a bunch of people you don't know sitting around in a house and watching them do boring things like boil an egg (think the only episode my dad had ever watched of big brother was when Glyn boiled an egg lol) so they are shocked I still watch it. If they weren't snobby about it and actually gave it a chance they would realise it's so much more than that, well to me it is

I want to point out my dad is slightly obsessed with geordie shore too which I find so funny! I stopped watching when we lost Holly and Charlotte