PDA

View Full Version : Adam accused of 'gaslighting' by domestic abuse charity

Mokka
21-06-2018, 07:33 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jun/21/love-island-contestant-prompts-warning-from-domestic-abuse-charity

In a statement, chief executive of Women’s Aid Katie Ghose said that Collard’s behaviour towards Williams exhibited signs of “gaslighting and emotional abuse”, and called on viewers to make a stand against domestic abuse.

Do we think Rosie was rt about Adam being emotionally abusive?

And is a statement against it to not watch.. or is it a good thing that we can watch and have discussions about human behaviour, reactions, and abuse?

Amy Jade
21-06-2018, 07:37 PM
I believe him sitting and smirking when she was clearly very emotional and physically crying was very telling. He was clearly enjoying her being upset.

Which I guess falls into the abuse bracket.

parmnion
21-06-2018, 07:37 PM
He tries to control women....ive seen 4 episodes....but that was what i took from them.

I dunno if he is just floundering at game playing or that thats whay hes really like....best thing is though...the women of the women have seen through him...

Mind, i think he would make a brilliant BB housemate.

Vanessa
21-06-2018, 07:42 PM
He's a twat. Needs to go :fist:

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 07:44 PM
We get treated how we allow ourselves to be treated, they were sexual together,she knew what he was like and went back to him,he might be a twat and all sorts but c'mon,if it's offered on a plate he will take it,she should have told him to bog off the first time,he might have respected her more,I don't like the guy but this is ott.

Adamw92
21-06-2018, 07:46 PM
They spoke a little more about it on This Morning:

Gg4hNPAxUuE

RileyH
21-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Erm

Vanessa
21-06-2018, 07:49 PM
We get treated how we allow ourselves to be treated, they were sexual together,she knew what he was like and went back to him,he might be a twat and all sorts but c'mon,if it's offered on a plate he will take it,she should have told him to bog off the first time,he might have respected her more,I don't like the guy but this is ott.
I don't like that he was laughing in her face when she was upset.

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 07:50 PM

He was smirking,not nice but laughing ? NO

BBUK-Fan
21-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Even though I don’t like Adam, I think it’s being blown out of proportion.

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Even though I don’t like Adam, I think it’s being blown out of proportion.

Isn't everything nowadays someone has to be offended by something.:wavey:

Cherie
21-06-2018, 07:52 PM

Exactly im sick to death of women letting themselves be used and then crying about it, the warning signs were there when he dumped Kendall for wanting to take it slow, then tryed to pull Megan ...she made her bed...then not content with making an idiot of herself she trys to show him what he is missing by posing practically naked and walking in ridiculously exagerated fashion get a bit of dignity Rosie, you should have kicked him in the gonads after Megan instead you gave him a handjob

Amy Jade

I agree. I found that quite upsetting actually.

BBUK-Fan
Isn't everything nowadays someone has to be offended by something.:wavey:

True. The PC brigade at it again

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Exactly im sick to death of women letting themselves be used and then crying about it, the warning signs were there when he dumped Kendall for wanting to take it slow, then tryed to pull Megan ...she made her bed...then not content with making an idiot of herself she trys to show him what he is missing by posing practically naked and walking in ridiculously exagerated fashion get a bit of dignity Rosie, you should have kicked him in the gonads after Megan instead you gave him a handjob

:clap1::clap1:

Barry.
21-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Erm

Angry Adam is getting all this hate?

Amy Jade
21-06-2018, 07:57 PM
True. The PC brigade at it again

I resent that.

I have witnessed my mum in an emotionally abusive relationship and seen very similar situations. I am not easily offended but if something hits home it hits home.

Vanessa
21-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Rosie better not forgive Adam again :fist:

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 07:59 PM
People need to get a grip,it's a reality show,none of them are in proper relationships,I'de wager had Rosie done the same to him it would have been highly hilarious,they are in there to win a game it's not reality.

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Rosie better not forgive Adam again :fist:

If she has any sense ,she won't:wavey:

parmnion
21-06-2018, 08:03 PM
People need to get a grip,it's a reality show,none of them are in proper relationships,I'de wager had Rosie done the same to him it would have been highly hilarious,they are in there to win a game it's not reality.

Its ****....as **** as a real ****.

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 08:04 PM
Its ****....as **** as a real ****.

:laugh::laugh:

parmnion
21-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Gutted ive missed the 1st ten mins of tonights show though..lol

Kazanne
21-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Gutted ive missed the 1st ten mins of tonights show though..lol

I bet you are Parmy:hehe: