PDA

View Full Version : Danielle Lloyd and Zara Holland team up to raise suicide awareness for Sophie Gradon

Cal.
04-07-2018, 06:51 PM
DANIELLE Lloyd has revealed she "thought about" suicide after the global backlash to her Celebrity Big Brother appearance in 2007.

The 34-year-old model and reality star is teaming up with Love Island alumni Zara Holland to encourage better aftercare for TV contestants.

Danielle appeared on the fifth series of Celebrity Big Brother which sparked international controversy with the race row between herself, Jade Goody, Jo O'Meary and actress Shilpa Shetty.

She put: "Zara Holland and I are arranging a charity night in aid of suicide awareness, following the death of Love Island's Sophie Gardon.

"Sadly, it's too late for Sophie but there are millions of people who suffer mental health issues. After the backlash from my CBB experience, my depression got so bad that I thought about taking my own life.

"People don't understand that being famous doesn't make criticism any easier to handle."

Danielle landed in fifth position on the series and went on to star in a number of other reality shows including The Weakest Link, Splash, and Come Dine With Me.

Danielle's comments come just weeks after former Love Island star Sophie Gradon was feared to have taken her own life after online trolls sent abuse.

Sophie, 32, had told a cyber bullying conference in March she “descended into a dark place” after the ITV2 show because of vicious online abuse.

Robinson posts'
Sophie told the conference in Leeds that action was needed because “kids as young as nine are taking their own lives”.

She said: “Online bullying is as destructive as face-to-face bullying, sometimes worse.

"Trolls leave you feeling vulnerable, unsafe and upset.”

If you are affected by any of the issues raised in this article, please call the Samaritans on (free) 116123

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6688202/danielle-lloyd-suicide-backlash-celebrity-big-brother/

RileyH
04-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Not Danielle Lloyd