PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me ho cant see past a Bill and Oti win?

Denver
17-11-2020, 07:03 PM
They have paired the most popular celeb with the most popular pro and their chemistry is amazing and Bill can dance, over the weeks I expect him to go on an even bigger journey before winning

Black Dagger
17-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Yeah. If Joe Sugg wasn't winning the HRVY isn't doing it and I just don't see Clara getting pushed enough to be seen as the winner.

Wish I put a bet on him when he was still like 22-1 to win lol.

joeysteele
17-11-2020, 07:20 PM
Bill has performed far better than I thought.
He is really good.
However I suspect an engineering to the final at least for Bill and Oti.

Then who knows when down to the public vote.

This is what concerns me with a professional dancer's Sister on the voting and judging on the panel.

Liam-
17-11-2020, 07:22 PM
I don’t think he’ll win

Denver
17-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Bill has performed far better than I thought.
He is really good.
However I suspect an engineering to the final at least for Bill and Oti.

Then who knows when down to the public vote.

This is what concerns me with a professional dancer's Sister on the voting and judging on the panel.
Motsi has judged her sister for about 10 years on various versions and has never shown favouritism

joeysteele
17-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Motsi has judged her sister for about 10 years on various versions and has never shown favouritism

I just have a naturally suspicious mind.
However I've never thought it a good idea to have relatives in these alternate roles.

Were both dancing OR judging then fair enough.

GiRTh
17-11-2020, 07:36 PM
I'd like Bill to win but dont want Oti to win so soon after her last victory. She always gets good partners.

Got to agree though, Bill has been the biggest surprise so far.

Denver
17-11-2020, 07:39 PM
I just have a naturally suspicious mind.
However I've never thought it a good idea to have relatives in these alternate roles.

Were both dancing OR judging then fair enough.

Motsi is a very experienced Dancer and Judge and was a great option for them rather then someone who has never judged as we seen with Shirley she hasn't a clue

Denver
17-11-2020, 07:41 PM
I'd like Bill to win but dont want Oti to win so soon after her last victory. She always gets good partners.

Got to agree though, Bill has been the biggest surprise so far.

Oti doesn't always get good celebs and she has only had 2 in 6 series, her record is

14th
2nd
8th
7th
1st

GiRTh
17-11-2020, 07:54 PM
Oti doesn't always get good celebs and she has only had 2 in 6 series, her record is

14th
2nd
8th
7th
1stI dont agree. She never gets a totally rubbish partner, even Ogogo wasnt bad it was just that dance didnt suit him. Compared to someone like say Karen she always get better partners than Karen. Manrara on the other hand has had some of the best yet always manages to stuff it up,

joeysteele
17-11-2020, 08:07 PM
Motsi is a very experienced Dancer and Judge and was a great option for them rather then someone who has never judged as we seen with Shirley she hasn't a clue

Oh :joker:

Don't set me off on Shirley.
She's awful, I think a terrible judge.
I agree with you there certainly.

rionablue
17-11-2020, 10:32 PM
Oh :joker:

Don't set me off on Shirley.
She's awful, I think a terrible judge.
I agree with you there certainly.

I used to like Shirley but I think she is being much more lenient with the male celebs and I nearly THREW something at the television when she smugly said she would have saved Max in the dance off. Jesus Maisie was a much better dancer and two of the judges knew that

Marsh.
17-11-2020, 11:07 PM
I used to like Shirley but I think she is being much more lenient with the male celebs and I nearly THREW something at the television when she smugly said she would have saved Max in the dance off. Jesus Maisie was a much better dancer and two of the judges knew that

How is it smug for her to answer the question asked of her about who she would have chosen to save?

Just because it wasn't the person you would have wanted her to save. :facepalm:

Nicky91
18-11-2020, 06:27 AM
Bill will get the perfect 30 this week i guess

Vanessa
18-11-2020, 07:23 AM
They would make great winners.
But I also think Hrvy, Maise and Ranvir would.

Nicky91
18-11-2020, 07:24 AM
They would make great winners.
But I also think Hrvy, Maise and Ranvir would.

my dad finds Ranvir very overrated by judges

Vanessa
18-11-2020, 07:25 AM

Her ballroom is excellent. She just needs to improve her Latin.

Nicky91
18-11-2020, 07:27 AM
i love Bill's dance knowledge :flutter:

Strictly Jake
18-11-2020, 07:40 AM
Would love him and oti to win. However I dont see it happening. But for Oti to win 2 years in a row would be great!

Vanessa
18-11-2020, 07:42 AM
Would love him and oti to win. However I dont see it happening. But for Oti to win 2 years in a row would be great!

I wouldn't mind that. I live Bill do much.
He just brings so much joy to the show and he's so genuine.

BraeBrae
18-11-2020, 11:16 AM

Has anyone ever came close to winning in consecutive years before?

Daniel-X
18-11-2020, 12:46 PM
F3 will be him, HRVY and Clara I think. Just depends who can win the viewers over the most/deliver the best from now till the final between those three.

Strictly Jake
18-11-2020, 01:02 PM
Has anyone ever came close to winning in consecutive years before?

Lilia Kopylova won with Darren Gough the next year she came 2nd with Matt Dawson

Aliona Vilani is the only pro to win twice but not in consecutive years.

Kevin Clifton made it to the final 5 times(only won once)

Pasha Kovalev came 2nd twice consecutively on his first and 2nd series on the show, on his 4th year he won with Caroline Flack, he also made it to final with Ashley Roberts

So Oti would be the first to win two years in a row!

Nicky91
18-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Lilia Kopylova won with Darren Gough the next year she came 2nd with Matt Dawson

Aliona Vilani is the only pro to win twice but not in consecutive years.

Kevin Clifton made it to the final 5 times(only won once)

Pasha Kovalev came 2nd twice consecutively, on his 4th year he won with Caroline Flack, he also made it to final with Ashley Roberts

So Oti would be the first to win two years in a row!

not worldwide, but the first to win two years in a row in britain yes

Ekaterina Leonova won three years in a row, and was forced to quit after, and now works as a choreography coach instead (Ekaterina had been 'sabotaged' either, first with oldest contestant and after that also with a giant of a handball player but she made winners out of those)

Vanessa
18-11-2020, 02:17 PM
F3 will be him, HRVY and Clara I think. Just depends who can win the viewers over the most/deliver the best from now till the final between those three.

Yes, it all depends on how they do on their dance and how much public support they have.
At this stage any if them could go and they know that.

Jase.
25-11-2020, 09:41 PM
I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if he doesn't win by a landslide tbh.

Mystic Mock
26-11-2020, 07:21 PM

I would agree with him.

Nicky91
27-11-2020, 04:30 PM
I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if he doesn't win by a landslide tbh.

yes, Bill has this in the bag, his Jive training also looks good for this week, one way or another is huge bop, and i am just gonna dance along tomorrow night with his performance

wonder which insufferable duffer they will give to Oti then :laugh2:

Hannah20
27-11-2020, 07:19 PM
At the moment but hoping for a shock and either HRVY or Ranvir win preferably HRVY.

Vanessa
27-11-2020, 07:59 PM
My favourite is Hrvy, but I also like Bill, Ranvir and Clara.
Any of them would make great winners.