PDA

View Full Version : Aj and Kai withdraw from the final

Denver
17-12-2021, 11:41 AM
Aj has suffered an injury and therefore will be unable to compete in the final and we will instead have a 2 person final

Kate!
17-12-2021, 11:43 AM
The BBC has announced that*Strictly Come Dancing*couple*AJ Odudu and Kai Widdrington will be unable to take part in Saturday's grand final, as TV presenter Odudu has not recovered from an injury.

Cherie
17-12-2021, 11:44 AM
what a shame

Liam-
17-12-2021, 11:45 AM
Well that ****ing sucks for her

joeysteele
17-12-2021, 11:53 AM
That's really sad for her.
After the battles to get there and how she's improved.

I think A.J and John were pretty close to either being 2nd with the public.

Some weeks he was, other weeks she was, I would guess at.

It's sad she now can't compete in the final.
However it is immaterial as to winning, because I really believe Rose is already the public vote winner by a likely landslide of votes.

So it was always only about who would end up on the night as runner up this series to Rose between A.J. and John.

Hope A.J. is recovered soon.

Nicky91
17-12-2021, 11:58 AM
chickened out because she knew Rose would've otherwise kicked her ass with a landslide win on saturday

:laugh2:

AnnieK
17-12-2021, 12:11 PM
chickened out because she knew Rose would've otherwise kicked her ass with a landslide win on saturday

:laugh2:

That's quite mean spirited Nicky.

She is obviously in a lot of pain and whilst agree that Rose has had this in the bag for weeks to laugh and say she has chickened out is just not true

parmnion
17-12-2021, 01:00 PM
I was looking forward to her dance, her and rose have been some viewing this year.

Nicky91
17-12-2021, 01:02 PM
That's quite mean spirited Nicky.

She is obviously in a lot of pain and whilst agree that Rose has had this in the bag for weeks to laugh and say she has chickened out is just not true

can't be surprised if you'd got a Jive AND Charleston and a song called Running for your showdance

production sabotaging the competition, since Rose is the PERFECT winner, the perfect selling material for all the new content they can come up with, and it sells better if it is someone who has won a competition

Liam-
17-12-2021, 01:04 PM
I wanted to see her jive and charlestone again :(

parmnion
17-12-2021, 01:06 PM
I wanted to see her jive and charlestone again :(

Me too, it's hardly going to be worth watching now.

I would take them bringing back Rhys over having to endure just 2 people..

It was supposed to be 4 originally.:fist:, now we have 2.

I cant believe they ain't had Rhys training all week for this eventuality, cause AJ has been on crutches all week.

Nicky91
17-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Robert Webb to blame for that, he shouldn't have said yes to this show, someone else instead of him might not have quit for medical reasons ;)

then we would've at least had 3 in the final, with AJ dropping out

someone like Robert Webb is a nice high profile signing yes sure indeed, but he never ever should've said yes to this show, put his health first since likely he is aware pre signing up to this show of his health condition

Nicky91
17-12-2021, 01:23 PM
which is why production needs to learn from that mistake for next year

and review each of their medical backgrounds before confirming them to be on the show

and now with this years high standard in mind, this should be a MUST to double check

Nicky91
17-12-2021, 01:52 PM
soooo apparently Craig is the one who had said there is a replacement ready to step in

that the BBC have contingency plans since they were already worrying about a ''2 couple final'' after Robert quitting, and with all the covid worries you have now

so we'll see what they are going to come up with then

normally i'd say Rhys & Nancy, and i don't think they've broken outside of their covid bubble since they had to be in that anyway for the ''eliminated celebs'' group number ;)

who knows what might've been cooking up in secret if AJ indeed hasn't been training after monday

i also think there must've been already some sort of back up plan to prevent a 2 couple final

:think:

Strictly Jake
17-12-2021, 03:14 PM
I'm so upset for her. She will be gutted. Her dances were going to be amazing to see again too

GoldHeart
17-12-2021, 03:24 PM
I haven't watched any of Strictly, in fact I haven't watched strictly for 2 years now I think .

I thought about watching some of the previous series / this series dances on YouTube, as I usually prefer that as it cuts out the main tiresome show. And just focuses on the routines themselves.

It's ashame for AJ & her dance partner as I heard she was amazing , one day before the final is such a kick in the teeth after all that hard work she's done,but health comes first and her injury must have really bad . I wish her a speedy recovery.

I wonder if she'll do the tour ? .

Strictly Jake
17-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Would it be possible for John and Johannes and Rose and Giovanni to do an extra dance. I mean you think they would make them prepare to do an extra one in this scenario. If it's dances done before surely it's not too hard. I'd personally like to see Rose and Giovanni do the tango. And John and Johannes Argentine Tango.

If not then hopefully they will show AJs original performance of the Jive, Charleston and maybe the American Smooth

Vanessa
17-12-2021, 05:35 PM
I'm gutted. Was really looking forward to watching all three of them in the final :bawling:

joeysteele
17-12-2021, 05:53 PM
Would it be possible for John and Johannes and Rose and Giovanni to do an extra dance. I mean you think they would make them prepare to do an extra one in this scenario. If it's dances done before surely it's not too hard. I'd personally like to see Rose and Giovanni do the tango. And John and Johannes Argentine Tango.

If not then hopefully they will show AJs original performance of the Jive, Charleston and maybe the American Smooth

I think it's possibly more likely we'll get more yapping from the judges sadly rather than more dances.

It would be nice if they were to however show a couple of A.Js dances I agree.

Mystic Mock
17-12-2021, 07:53 PM
It's obviously sad for AJ to miss out on her chance to be in a Strictly final.

But tbh this final is quite possibly the most predictable final in the Show's history, so in some ways she might be lucky to not be associated with it.

Vanessa
17-12-2021, 07:55 PM
It's obviously sad for AJ to miss out on her chance to be in a Strictly final.

But tbh this final is quite possibly the most predictable final in the Show's history, so in some ways she might be lucky to not be associated with it.

I wouldn't underestimate John and Johannes. I think they can win as well.

Mystic Mock
17-12-2021, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't underestimate John and Johannes. I think they can win as well.

I hope you're right, but sadly I think this series was decided since week 4 or 5.

Vanessa
17-12-2021, 08:10 PM
I hope you're right, but sadly I think this series was decided since week 4 or 5.

I juat want both Rise and John to smash it.
I really don't mind who wins. Tomorrow is a happy day.

joeysteele
17-12-2021, 08:18 PM

I agree Mock.
I think Rose is miles ahead with the public vote, I don't think the actual dances tomorrow will make much, if even ANY difference.

I've thought there's no way Rose could lose only a week or so after you state above.

Mystic Mock
17-12-2021, 08:29 PM
I agree Mock.
I think Rose is miles ahead with the public vote, I don't think the actual dances tomorrow will make much, if even ANY difference.

I've thought there's no way Rose could lose only a week or so after you state above.

I agree with your statement Joey.

I feel like Rose has had a very easy ride in the competition from the public and the judges compared to everyone else in the competition.

Because let's be real even if AJ weren't injured and she was the best on the night, Rose would still beat her in the vote.

To me the competition has been nuked this year, hopefully next year will be better, and nobody is treated with kiddie gloves.

Mystic Mock
17-12-2021, 08:33 PM
I juat want both Rise and John to smash it.
I really don't mind who wins. Tomorrow is a happy day.

Fair enough.

And in fairness to Rose she does seem like a nice girl, I just don't get why JJ last year was crucified by a large portion of the Strictly audience for being "samey" yet Rose is allowed to do the same thing yet it feels like I'm one of a few people that's staying consistent by pulling her up on it?

I'm not meaning to be confrontational here, I'm just genuinely curious why it's okay for Rose to do a lot of slow dances this year, but it weren't okay for JJ last year?

Strictly Jake
17-12-2021, 09:28 PM
Fair enough.

And in fairness to Rose she does seem like a nice girl, I just don't get why JJ last year was crucified by a large portion of the Strictly audience for being "samey" yet Rose is allowed to do the same thing yet it feels like I'm one of a few people that's staying consistent by pulling her up on it?

I'm not meaning to be confrontational here, I'm just genuinely curious why it's okay for Rose to do a lot of slow dances this year, but it weren't okay for JJ last year?

Rose and Giovanni

Jive
Salsa
Cha Cha
Tango
Samba
Couples Choice
Quickstep
Paso Doble
Argentine Tango

Foxtrot
Viennese Waltz
American Smooth
Waltz

9/13 were faster dances??

John and Johannes

Tango
Cha Cha
Paso Doble
Charleston
Quickstep
Samba
Argentine Tango
Salsa
Jive

American Smooth
Rumba
Viennese Waltz
Couples Choice

9/13 were faster Dances??

AJ and Kai

Jive
Samba
Argentine Tango
Charleston
Paso Doble
Couples Choice
Salsa
Quickstep

Foxtrot
American Smooth
Viennese Waltz
Waltz
Rumba

8/13 were faster dances??

So if anyone had any "easier" journey as you say with "slower" dances it would have been AJ?

But can I just point out slower dances are harder anyway as the technique and skill is tougher!

I really don't see why you've had such a big deal with Rose and "easy" dances. She's had to do the exact same dances as the others apart from the Charleston!

Vanessa
18-12-2021, 03:46 AM
Rose and Giovanni

Jive
Salsa
Cha Cha
Tango
Samba
Couples Choice
Quickstep
Paso Doble
Argentine Tango

Foxtrot
Viennese Waltz
American Smooth
Waltz

9/13 were faster dances??

John and Johannes

Tango
Cha Cha
Paso Doble
Charleston
Quickstep
Samba
Argentine Tango
Salsa
Jive

American Smooth
Rumba
Viennese Waltz
Couples Choice

9/13 were faster Dances??

AJ and Kai

Jive
Samba
Argentine Tango
Charleston
Paso Doble
Couples Choice
Salsa
Quickstep

Foxtrot
American Smooth
Viennese Waltz
Waltz
Rumba

8/13 were faster dances??

So if anyone had any "easier" journey as you say with "slower" dances it would have been AJ?

But can I just point out slower dances are harder anyway as the technique and skill is tougher!

I really don't see why you've had such a big deal with Rose and "easy" dances. She's had to do the exact same dances as the others apart from the Charleston!

Yes, Rose has done her fair share of faster dances.
The most recent one was the quickstep.