PDA

View Full Version : Stricty Come Dancing - Lancaster voted off Strictly show

Red Moon
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Lancaster voted off Strictly showModel Penny Lancaster Stewart has become the sixth celebrity to leave BBC One show Strictly Come Dancing.

Lancaster Stewart and dancing partner Ian Waite were ranked second bottom by the judges on Saturday night.

They were also in the bottom two when votes from viewers were added up and announced on Sunday's show.

The pair then lost a dance-off with EastEnders actor Matt D'Angelo and partner Flavia Cacace. Eight couples remain in the competition.

Lancaster Stewart's first dance - the salsa - received some harsh criticism from the judges during Saturday's show.

"It was like a canary and a crow flying in from Stanstead, not Cuba," said Arlene Phillips.

'Good fun'

"The energy was phenomenal but it made it displaced. It was unfocused and all over the place," said Craig Revel Horwood.

But Len Goodman commented that, although it was "a bit hectic", it was "entertaining - it was good fun".

Three out of four judges saved D'Angelo and his partner.

Three couples tied for first place on the leader board on Saturday night.

Model and actress Kelly Brook and Brendan Cole, former footballer John Barnes and Nicole Cutler, and Blue Peter presenter Gethin Jones and Camilla Dallerup all got 36 points.

GMTV presenter Kate Galloway and her dance partner Anton Du Beke came bottom with 18 points.
Source: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7089708.stm)

Red Moon
11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
This Kate Garraway character sounds awful she. All she could do was pout after the judges criticise her performance. It would seem from what I have read that the judges have given her the worst marks two weeks running and the public keep her in. It sounds like the voting system is worse than the X-Factors which keeps Leon in week after week.

XxShortyxX
11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
This Kate Garraway character sounds awful she. All she could do was pout after the judges criticise her performance. It would seem from what I have read that the judges have given her the worst marks two weeks running and the public keep her in. It sounds like the voting system is worse than the X-Factors which keeps Leon in week after week.

I agree, who the fudge keeps voting the rubbish people in all the time, they must be either, deaf, blind, don't know talent, or just fancy them, either way they are spoiling the two shows.

supernoodles!
11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
i know its doing my head in aswell.Matt did so not deserve to be in the bottom 2

Billy
11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
I vote her :)

Red Moon
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Billy
I vote her :)

So if you vote for her does that keep her in?

CassetteFinger
12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah red moon it does she is oviously very popular.

Jack
12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
The difference between SCD and X Factor is that SCD is a light hearted entertainment show where the contestants aren't trying to be professionals, it's just a laugh for charity. Kate is entertaining and it's funny to see her performance and what the judges have to say. With the X Factor, the winner gets a record deal and they went on the show because they thought they were good at singing.