PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing: Grieving Kelly Brook pulls out of Strictly Come Dancing

Red Moon
30-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Grieving Kelly Brook pulls out of Strictly Come DancingGrieving Kelly Brook has dramatically pulled out of TV's Strictly Come Dancing following the death of her father.

She had initially vowed to continue rehearsals for Saturday's live show in his memory, but found it "too difficult" to concentrate during training.

Brook's father, Kenneth, 57, died following a long battle with cancer.

A BBC spokesperson said today: "Kelly Brook has taken the decision to pull out of Strictly Come Dancing following the loss of her father this week.

"Kelly has done some training as she had hoped to continue with the show in his memory. However, understandably, she has found it too difficult.

"She has been a fantastic part of the programme and will be sorely missed by everyone on the show who would also like to express their deepest sympathy to Kelly and her family at this difficult time."

Show producers are now scrambling to fill the gap left in tomorrow night's live show.

The former Big Breakfast presenter's departure leaves Alesha Dixon, EastEnder's star Matt Di Angelo and Blue Peter host Gethin Jones battling it out for a spot in the final.

Brook, who is engaged to Titanic actor Billy Zane, and professional dance partner Brendan Cole had been among the favourites to take win the show.

In last week's show Brook and Cole's performance was criticised by the judges, who said they had not performed to their usual high standard.

And the audience were shocked when Cole reacted angrily to the judges comments, claiming he and Brook only had eight hours to rehearse the routines.

The grand final of the show, which takes place on 22 December, will now contain two couples instead of the traditional three.

Alesha remains the favourite to win the show.
Source: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=498388&in_page_id=1773)

LargeAndInCharge
30-11-2007, 01:59 PM
the shud put barnsey back in

Sophii3x
30-11-2007, 02:02 PM
OMG, poor Kelly! R.I.P to her dad and I really don't blame her for quitting..

xXxCharlottexXx
30-11-2007, 03:15 PM
RIP to Kelly's father.

My mum's quite upset cos she wanted Brendan to win this year!

And bring back Gabby or Penny or Lilia. Not Dom, just Lilia lol!

Tom
30-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Bring back Kate :spin2::joker:

XxShortyxX
30-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Awww poor Kelly. It's understandable that she has decided to leave.

Jack
30-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Awww that's such a shame, understandable though.

BigSister
30-11-2007, 06:42 PM
i know but i think she did the right thing. And I dont think they should bring anybody back

Gemmer-x
30-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Aww :sad:

Kate..
03-12-2007, 07:12 PM
She tried to keep dancing aswell but she was just to destracted and kept bursting into tears
I feel for her.

R.I.P to her dad
:kiss: