PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing: End of the road for Kenny as he is booted off Strictly Come Dancing

Red Moon
03-12-2007, 09:11 AM
End of the road for Kenny as he is booted off Strictly Come DancingWeek after week he has been lambasted on the dancefloor - then confounded judges by winning the public vote.

But Kenny Logan's luck finally ran out when he was booted off Strictly Come Dancing.

The former Scottish rugby international endured a string of insults from judges, who told him he had "all the grace of a vacuum cleaner" then compared him to a bouncer and a coathanger.

Sports presenter Logan, 35, had been determined to battle on in a bid to carry a torch for his wife Gabby, who made a shock exit three weeks into the TV dance contest.

The 36-year-old former gymnast had been tipped as a likely winner but was thought to have been a victim of the "Kate Garraway effect", where viewers voted for their favourite personalities rather than the best dancers.

Mrs Logan, who also works as a sports presenter, was said to have been seething and could barely contain her resentment when she joined Miss Garraway, 39, on the GMTV sofa for an interview. While she had to endure the weekly torture of watching her husband storming ahead in the competition from the sidelines, he was thought to have benefited from her supporters, who transferred their allegiance to him and kept him in the show.

Last weekend he performed the foxtrot and rumba with professional dancer Ola Jordan.

But while his foxtrot won praise, he was given the lowest score for his rumba.

Judge Len Goodman said: "It is two dances, not do one get one free."

Bruno Tonioli added: "The beginning started well then you stopped in the middle like a bouncer." Craig Revel Horwood compared him to a coathanger and Arlene Phillips said: "It was like the pole and the pole dancer dancing around him. It was like poles from Poland. There was nothing there and Kenny barely moved."

Logan was left at the bottom of the scoreboard and had to fight for his place in the contest alongside former EastEnders actress Letitia Dean.

Despite complaining of suffering from flu and throwing up repeatedly in between dances, Miss Dean, 40, was kept in unanimously by judges and won through to the 10th round.

Logan, who had offered to give his place to his wife when she was knocked out, had said before the result: "If I go out I will feel I have reached the end of the line and that I am not good enough to go any further but Gabby was cheated.

"She should still be in it and if she was, I think she'd be in with a shot of winning the whole thing. It really was unfair."

He added he had loved his time on the show, saying: "I wanted to do something that challenged me and can hear the beat now.

"I just want to thank everyone behind the scenes. Ola was the most amazing dancer."

Miss Dean is now one of the final four and will be pitted this weekend against favourite Alesha Dixon, Matt di Angelo and Gethin Jones.

Blue Peter presenter Jones is said to be stealing a march on Miss Dixon, 28, after his waltz was praised as "graceful, fluid and romantic."

Kelly Brook pulled out of the contest last week after her father Kenneth Parsons died last Monday.

She began training for Saturday's show in the hope of dancing in his memory but found it too difficult to carry on.
Source: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=499261&in_page_id=1773)