PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing: Low-scoring Matt stays to dance another day as fellow Eastender Letitia waltzes off Strictly

Red Moon
10-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Low-scoring Matt stays to dance another day as fellow Eastender Letitia waltzes off StrictlyThe Strictly Come Dancing judges said his performance had "saddened" them and gave him the lowest score of the night.

But as so often in this series of the BBC1 contest, form counted for nothing.

And Matt Di Angelo lived to shimmy another day, despite crippling nerves that saw him mess up both his dances.

Viewers' votes kept the 20-year-old EastEnders actor out of the bottom two on Saturday, so he did not even have to go into the dance-off to secure his survival.

That battle was fought between former EastEnders actress Letitia Dean and singer Alesha Dixon, another shock because Miss Dixon has been widely regarded as the most consistent performer this series.

It was 40-year-old Miss Dean who became the tenth celebrity to be voted out.

She described her experience on the programme as "an amazing adventure".

Di Angelo had managed only 26 points for his foxtrot and 29 for his samba, making him ten points short of Miss Dean in the judges' view.

This year's show has been dogged by claims it has become a popularity vote not a dance contest.

Many were bemused when Kate Garraway survived for weeks as the worst dancer, while superior dancers such as Gabby Logan were voted out.

The BBC changed the rules this year to try to prevent better dancers being axed. They gave judges the final say on who gets booted out.

But the public has regularly ensured that the worst dancers are often not in the last two when it comes to votes.

The fact that Di Angelo survived the axe after blundering through his two dances, now makes him favourite in many people's eyes.

But he provoked a row between the judges, with Len Goodman threatening to walk out over Craig Revel Horwood's harsh criticism of the actor.

The show is still bringing in huge ratings, peaking at 11.2million viewers on Saturday night.

ITV's X Factor is also proving a hit, peaking at 10.6million viewers. Saturday's show saw Niki Evans miss out on a place in next week's grand final.

This will be fought out between Welsh singer Rhydian Roberts, English brother-sister act Same Difference and Scotsman Leon Jackson.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=500872&in_page_id=1773)

XxShortyxX
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I still can't believe Alesha was in the bottom two. Like the X Factor this show is a joke. Still it will get the Alesha and Matt C fans voting for her next week.

Red Moon
10-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by XxShortyxX
I still can't believe Alesha was in the bottom two. Like the X Factor this show is a joke. Still it will get the Alesha and Matt C fans voting for her next week.

Do you think it becoming more of a popularity contest than a dance contest like the article implies?

XxShortyxX
10-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Red Moon

Do you think it becoming more of a popularity contest than a dance contest like the article implies?

Yep, also more women vote on it then men, and most of them will vote for the guy they fancy :rolleyes: Alesha is by far the best dancer out of Gethin and Matt, but it looks like Gethin will win :sleep:

It annoys me, it's a dancing compersiton, not vote for who you fancy.

Red Moon
10-12-2007, 10:01 AM

Yep, also more women vote on it then men, and most of them will vote for the guy they fancy :rolleyes: Alesha is by far the best dancer out of Gethin and Matt, but it looks like Gethin will win :sleep:

Sounds like the X Factor.

I feel there is a certain amount of the same sort of behavior going on this year that has spoilt the show. People don't vote for the best singers but the people they like. The producers make the most of this by looking for sob stories.

Jas
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
l feel uncomforable seeing Alesha at the bottle two last week,they have always been brillant and that is really hard to keep up.l really hope Alesha will win,she has dances so good.:dance:

Jack
10-12-2007, 01:49 PM

I don't think it's as bad as that. I just think Alesha's fans were complacent and probably thought she'd sail through, so didn't vote. Matt's been in the bottom two before and for Alesha to survive all this time without being in the dance off is nothing to moan about. At that stage, there was only 4 people left so only 2 are guaranteed not to be in the bottom two. Alesha's been favourite the whole series up until this week. Gethin has made a vast improvement, people may vote because they fancy him but he has talent.

GiRTh
10-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Matt stuffed up both dances. It was quite uncomfortable to watch. I'm glad that he went through though. It was sad that Alesha was in the bottom two but I think she's still going to win the title.

XxShortyxX
10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh
Matt stuffed up both dances. It was quite uncomfortable to watch. I'm glad that he went through though. It was sad that Alesha was in the bottom two but I think she's still going to win the title.

I really hope she does win.

GiRTh
10-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh

I really hope she does win. Me too. I want to see her in the final with Matt and Flavia because I'm obsessed with Flavia.:wink:

XxShortyxX
10-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Lol, na she does nothing for me. Alesha, wow she is hot :bigsmile: but I want her to win because she is by far the best dancer.

GiRTh
10-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Lol, na she does nothing for me. Alesha, wow she is hot :bigsmile: but I want her to win because she is by far the best dancer. Alesha's hot too, but there's something about Flavia.:whistle:

XxShortyxX
10-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Lol, her bum? her hips?

I luv Alesha's personality as well, I like people with a personlaity like her's,. Happy, bubly :bigsmile:

GiRTh
10-12-2007, 04:44 PM
LOL

Check out Flavia's abs when she shows her stomach. She's got a great body.

XxShortyxX
10-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah I know I could see that on Saturday.

GiRTh
10-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Then there's the big smile and the dimples in her cheek.