PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing: Exit Strictly Come Dancing's Gethin, straight into Katherine's arms

Red Moon
17-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Exit Strictly Come Dancing's Gethin, straight into Katherine's armsGethin Jones completed a miserable weekend for Welsh reality TV stars when viewers last night saw him kicked off Strictly Come Dancing.

The 29-year-old Blue Peter presenter lost a semi-final dance-off against actor Matt Di Angelo.

Accompanied by his professional dancing partner, Camilla Dallerup, Jones performed the Argentine tango while the EastEnders star danced the waltz with his partner, Flavia Cacace.

Jones's performance was likened to a "Spanish omelette" by judge Arlene Phillips, who added that it "wasn't very pleasant".

After losing out, Jones said: "I've had an incredible adventure and now I have some great dance moves thanks to Camilla.

"My friends never expected me to get past week two."

Elimination from the competition will mean he can devote more time to his budding romance with Katherine Jenkins.

The Welsh operatic star, who is 27, has been touring with ballet dancer Darcey Bussell in their Viva La Diva show and she and Jones, until now, have been unable to see each other during the week.

The pair, who met on the set of Blue Peter two years ago, have been dating since October after the mezzo soprano made a guest appearance on Strictly Come Dancing.

Last week Miss Jenkins admitted that she was more than just friends with the former semiprofessional rugby player.

On Saturday, however, she was unable to watch his performance because she was making a guest appearance on the X Factor, duetting with the unsuccessful Welsh contender Rhydian Roberts.

Di Angelo and Flavia will go head to head in Saturday's final against the competition favourites, singer Alesha Dixson and her partner Matt Cutler.

The two couples will perform their highest-scoring ballroom and Latin dances of the series, a joint Viennese waltz, a dance chosen by the four judges, plus a spectacular show routine.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=502667&in_page_id=1773)

GiRTh
17-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Is he dating Katherine Jenkins? I'm stunned. Actually, they make a nice couple. I think I'm just shocked that she is dating someone like a Blue Peter presnter and not someone from the highbrow Opera world.