PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing: Alesha Dixon wins 'Strictly'

Arneldo
22-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Alesha Dixon and her professional dance partner Matthew Cutler have won this year's Strictly Come Dancing contest.

Dixon, long the bookies' favourite, received two more points from the Strictly judges in the final than rival Matt Di Angelo and his partner Flavia Cacace; however, only the first three out of a total of five dances were scored by the judges, and it was ultimately a viewer vote - not a judging-based dance off as in previous weeks - that determined the winner.

Throughout the two-part live final, both couples were congratulated by the judges for achieving a high standard of performance.

"You two really are the best of Britain - you're a shining example for young people," said Bruno Tonioli.

Head judge Len Goodman said: "Matt, you've proved to everyone that you deserve to be here tonight. Alesha, you've been Miss Consistency throughout the series. Great job, both of you."

Alesha was visibly stunned when the result was announced, and was told by host Bruce Forsyth that having added dancing to her singing abilities, she could go on to rival Beyoncé Knowles.

"You really could be the biggest female star in Britain," he told her.

Runners-up Matt and Flavia said after congratulating the winning couple that they were "so pleased" to have made it as far as they did. Flavia said: "We'd won by getting to the final."

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/a82198/alesha-dixon-wins-strictly.html)

Red Moon
22-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Probably a fix.....

*waits for the complaints to Ofcom*

Don't those phone numbers look like those used by the X Factor. May be people are still voting for Rhydian!

XxShortyxX
23-12-2007, 08:58 AM
I am soooooooo happy she won :bigsmile: I voted for Alesha and Matthew like 16/17 times last night (the last 10 minsit took me 6 times to get hrough) She so desevred it :bigsmile: Best dancer ever on SCD.

Bells
23-12-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm glad she won. I haven't been following the show closely, but from what I've seen, Alesha was really good. Good for her!

Sam!
23-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Wasn't here last night but mym mum told me this morning! YESH!!! Woop she deserved it :thumbs:

aj2463
23-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Soo happy She won :dance2:

BigSister
23-12-2007, 03:57 PM
glad alesha won she was the best dancer throughout the show but i also liked matt/flavia too

Jas
01-01-2008, 01:41 AM
l was so happy Alesha won:dance2:,l voted quite alot,the last five mins before the line close,took me a few time to get thought:dance:

Jas
01-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Alesha is a great dancer:dance::thumbs2::hello: